- - - - -

MLB The Show 19 - $39.99 @ Target

#1 mossfan563   CAG 'til I die! CAGiversary!   1288 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2019 - 12:45 PM

https://www.target.c...-4/-/A-54234515

Add to cart to show price.
5% off price with REDcard.

May also be available B&M?

#2 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   185 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 05 May 2019 - 07:23 PM

How does Best Buy price match work on items already bought? If I bought it already for $60 at Best Buy around launch can I still match it?

#3 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4169 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2019 - 08:11 PM

No. They don’t post purchase price match other retailers.

#4 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1149 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted 05 May 2019 - 08:16 PM

How does Best Buy price match work on items already bought? If I bought it already for $60 at Best Buy around launch can I still match it?

Only way is if BestBuy itself now offered it for $40 and you're elite plus (can pricematch within 45 days).

#5 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 05 May 2019 - 09:49 PM

They don't. You'd have to buy it at Target then return the unopened item to Best Buy

#6 NFLGameDay97   Surveying the Field CAG Veteran   116 Posts   Joined 0.4 Years Ago  

NFLGameDay97

Posted 06 May 2019 - 12:59 AM

Only way is if BestBuy itself now offered it for $40 and you're elite plus (can pricematch within 45 days).

Wow! 45 days?! That’s a great price match policy for the elite plus members. I was thinking that question of being able to price match for a game that came out March 26th, to a May date’s price from one store would be egregious. Consumers really think they deserve that price adjustment? Crazy! But again, if it’s offered as a benefit/feature of a service, that’s magnificent!

One could do that with every single sports game release throughout every year, not cool at all.

#7 theghost4413   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   222 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

theghost4413

Posted 06 May 2019 - 01:03 AM

MLB the Show seems to drop super fast every single year. It surprises me a bit that Sony maintains this exclusivity license.

#8 NFLGameDay97   Surveying the Field CAG Veteran   116 Posts   Joined 0.4 Years Ago  

NFLGameDay97

Posted 06 May 2019 - 01:03 AM

Maybe I’m just salty cuz I bought MLB the Show 18 for 39.99 in August, and never played it lmao! But I accept my stupidity and impulse buying. Too bad, so sad.

Cheers to me never playing ‘19. I played 4 games on the beta and most likely those will be my only games played! Lmao!

#9 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   1432 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:49 AM

MLB the Show seems to drop super fast every single year. It surprises me a bit that Sony maintains this exclusivity license.

1) Like most sports games, the majority of sales are within the first week of release. A price drop a month later makes perfect sense.
2) You do know their exclusivity contract is first party only? Nothing is stopping Nintendo and MS from making a baseball game. They're just too lazy to. Why do you think RBI exists?

#10 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12297 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 May 2019 - 03:03 PM

1) Like most sports games, the majority of sales are within the first week of release. A price drop a month later makes perfect sense.
2) You do know their exclusivity contract is first party only? Nothing is stopping Nintendo and MS from making a baseball game. They're just too lazy to. Why do you think RBI exists?

I wouldn't mind seeing an updated Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball on the Switch.  Heck, even an updated Baseball Stars would be nice.

#11 looserattledgamer  

looserattledgamer

Posted 06 May 2019 - 03:10 PM

Yet another year where you can’t stab or shoot umpires on bad calls

Easy pass.

#12 Rodster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1837 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 May 2019 - 04:03 PM

It's not so much about being lazy it's more about there's not a lot of money to be made in Baseball games. They just don't sell enough which is why EA after they lost out to 2K Baseball decided not to make another Baseball game even going as far as not even wanting to bid on the contract. And let's not forget that 2K regretted buying the MLB License.

For Sony, it makes sense because they also own the hardware and gamers that love good Baseball games would have to buy a PS4.

#13 King Leo  

King Leo

Posted 06 May 2019 - 04:47 PM

Great deal for the game.

I have a $10 BB certificate, I been trying to price-match the game with them but their chat system seems to be down. I'll probably have to wait until after work to call.

#14 Necremis   Vampire Killer CAGiversary!   100 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Necremis

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:31 PM

Ken griffey jr. Baseball was included with mlb the show 17

#15 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   1432 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:33 PM

It's not so much about being lazy it's more about there's not a lot of money to be made in Baseball games. They just don't sell enough which is why EA after they lost out to 2K Baseball decided not to make another Baseball game even going as far as not even wanting to bid on the contract. And let's not forget that 2K regretted buying the MLB License.

For Sony, it makes sense because they also own the hardware and gamers that love good Baseball games would have to buy a PS4.

Also true.

#16 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14397 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 May 2019 - 08:34 PM

Ken griffey jr. Baseball was included with mlb the show 17

The retro mode is also in Show 18 & 19.

#17 ewto16   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   123 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:43 PM

I was able to price match at BB using the chat. Guy had to just refund me the difference. He couldn't do it up front for some reason.

#18 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3019 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 May 2019 - 05:10 PM

No. They don’t post purchase price match other retailers.

Uh yea they do lol

#19 SackAttack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   643 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

SackAttack

Posted 08 May 2019 - 07:06 AM

Price matched at Best Buy and used a My Best Buy certificate to bring it down to $35. I'm...entirely okay with that price for this early in the season.

#20 theghost4413   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   222 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

theghost4413

Posted 08 May 2019 - 12:03 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing an updated Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball on the Switch. Heck, even an updated Baseball Stars would be nice.

You are right but when they had an exclusive right to MLB to begin it killed MVP baseball and I miss that dearly. I wish they bright that back honestly. I feel like the only reason RBI exists and can exist on all systems but also the PS4 is because it's a bit of a arcade baseball and not a true sim.

#21 NFLGameDay97   Surveying the Field CAG Veteran   116 Posts   Joined 0.4 Years Ago  

NFLGameDay97

Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:18 AM

So apparently I bought mlb show 18 all star edition for cheap while back, but NEVER played it. Opening packs sure does take long lol. So I just started Road to the show, but don’t know when to “stop” and start up MLB 19, oh well. I do know to always pick a “raise cap” training so been doing that!