PS4 1 TB Slim LE Steel Gray (Days of Play) $299

Looks nice.  It better be less than $299 though, considering the BF $199 deal for similar console + game.  I purchased the gold one from 2-3 years back and that was $249 I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally a color that would have looked good on the PS4 PRO, too bad, another missed opportunity.

Looks nice. It better be less than $299 though, considering the BF $199 deal for similar console + game. I purchased the gold one from 2-3 years back and that was $249 I believe.
It's not BF and $299 is still the MSRP on it. If you only paid $249 for the gold one, it was on sale

It was revealed last week during the state of play. So yeah, itll be regular priced at 299.99. Will be like the blue one and come out the week of E3.

I was wrong then. I've never seen the MSRP drop below $299 on the 1TBs
It's been so long, I'm not sure why they priced this console differently. I DO remember getting $225 trading it in at GameStop though. :) I probably could have gotten more from some random thug on the internet, but I don't like random thugs. :D

It's been so long, I'm not sure why they priced this console differently. I DO remember getting $225 trading it in at GameStop though. :) I probably could have gotten more from some random thug on the internet, but I don't like random thugs. :D
We all make poor trade decisions

$249 was the pre-order price and the in-store price if you were lucky to find one.
The price was $249 at all retailers if it was in stock during the Days of Play sale. I bought the gold one too... hideous. Fortunately I slapped a Pitt. Penguins skin on it that looks great.

I always wonder why limited edition Sony consoles are always so rare/hard to find (well besides ebay) used, like under the glass case/traded into a GameStop.

LIke the blue Wii, red Wii, heck, the Canadian Wii, the Gears 4 Xbox S, the R2D2 360 all were easily findable pre-owned at GS, some to this day. But I've only seen like the Final Fantasy PS4 at GS, and the grey Metal Gear fat PS3 like once at an indie mom & pop retro game store. Once new stock of the gold slim PS4, blue slim PS4, and clear blue Pro sold out I've never seen them again. The only non Sony equivalent would be never ever seeing a Splatoon/Smash Pro Controller ever again, missing my chance.

Every one is as disappeared as the yellow fat PS2.

Not a bad looking console but does anyone else find it funny they do this but can't get their asses to E3?

Not a bad looking console but does anyone else find it funny they do this but can't get their asses to E3?
When you don't have anything to show, there's no point in going to E3. Everyone is working on things for the PS5 and they will only show games for it when they are ready to talk about it.

Not going to E3 is very clearly a conscious choice. It's a large expense in an age where news is readily disseminated every single day through multiple other means.

Everyone loves an event, but E3 as a necessary thing has been over for many years.

bread's done
Back