CAGcast #592: CaG Clan

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talks A Plague Tale: Innocence, Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland (lol), April NPDs, Play.Date, eSports overhype and so much more!

Download (1 hr 19 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

Today's show is brought to you by Harrys! Claim your trial offer at harrys.com/cag!

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan (Theme Song)
Outro - Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (Don Diablo Remix)

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips and complete episodes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great show as always. Wombat, I was obviously teasing about the name. In any case, it is very kind of you to volunteer to adopt Ultima, and I'm sure she will be very happy, as will your family.

Just like the gaming industry was persuaded into action to create the ESRB, I don't see a problem with them creating rules around loot boxes. I think rating games M and above to be allowed to use loot boxes is a fair compromise. But as Shipwreck says, this is more of a tech awareness problem than a video game problem. This is just like years ago when kids were given unfettered access to buying songs on iTunes and would rack up hundreds of dollars in music. Hello, parents: take some resposibility and Lock That Shit Up.

Wrt the Turbo Duo, were all the capacitors replaced on it, Shipwreck? I think they have a massive failure rate because NEC used cheaper parts than Sega.

Does Cheapy really call acorns, "egg-corns"?
Yes, please address this on the next CAGcast. This word is a famous example of a kind of reanalysis that's actually very common in English (and other languages) where the make-up of a word is reconceived as deriving from something else. For the back story on this word and others, check out: http://eggcorns.lascribe.net

Ships painfully dishonest dismissal of Wombats 'Beetza' suggestion probably means it showed up as an email subject line to his boss the very next day.  

Another great episode, guys! I always smile whenever I get a notification on my phone that a new episode is available. The CagCast helps keep me upbeat on my long Houston commutes.

However, I will say that I miss Switch Game or Not. It became my favorite part of the show. Any chance that you guys might bring it back? Even if you change it up a bit it would be different but also good. ;)

Hey Cheapy and Ship, I recently moved to the LA area from Ohio, and I was wondering if you think its worth it to check out E3. If I don't get a pass, should I still go down to the show area to walk around? I've been watching the show Wombat style for so many years, so I kind of want to see it, even if its a little lame. 

Also, if I don't want to take off work, is there anything cool on weeknights or the weekend? 

However, I will say that I miss Switch Game or Not. It became my favorite part of the show. Any chance that you guys might bring it back? Even if you change it up a bit it would be different but also good. ;)
Agreed! I have a suggestion for changing it up too. The loser has to play at least 30 minutes of a game from the list, as chosen by the winner. Alternately, if the fake titles are guessed within a certain amount of turns, Cheapy has to play a game chose by BatShip Inc.

I can’t imagine paying $150 for a PlayDate, but it’ll probably sell out to people that buy Artisinal Sharpened Pencils (http://artisanalpencilsharpening.com)

When news broke open the doctored Pelosi video, the first thing I thought of was when you guys did the slow drunk sound to Wombat at the end of cagcast episodes. You were ahead of the curve

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey actually has 3 main storylines, each with an ending. The family story is just one of the storylines. There are also the
Cultist and Atlantis
storylines.

I also picked up A Plague’s Tale due to the cagcast and Mrs Cheapy. Great game. I’m playing in small chunks because I’m guessing it will end up being on the short side.

Agreed! I have a suggestion for changing it up too. The loser has to play at least 30 minutes of a game from the list, as chosen by the winner. Alternately, if the fake titles are guessed within a certain amount of turns, Cheapy has to play a game chose by BatShip Inc.

When news broke open the doctored Pelosi video, the first thing I thought of was when you guys did the slow drunk sound to Wombat at the end of cagcast episodes. You were ahead of the curve
I miss the slow drunk playback closings too. :lol:

enjoyed the show last week. the only real toys to life i got into was the lego dimensions, i don't regret any of the kits I bought. was intersting hearing about ship's conventions. we have a video game con coming up in august i always enjoy. you guys need to advertise the discord server more, met a lot of great people in there, always fun to talk about stuff. 

Where is last week's CagCast?

I saw a tweet asking for questions, then nothing.

Did they cancel the show last week?

bread's done
Back