* * * - - 4 votes

Panzer Dragoon Orta is on sale for $4.99; 50% off the normal price.

original xbox xbox backward compatibility

#1 XboxGaming  

XboxGaming

Posted 25 May 2019 - 05:37 AM

Panzer Dragoon Orta:

https://marketplace....086c?nosplash=1

This game is normally $9.99 on the Xbox Marketplace. I have personally never seen it go on sale like some of the other original Xbox games have in the past. I know people really enjoyed this game on the original Xbox, and it is backward compatible on Xbox 360 and Xbox One (X).

#2 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:02 PM

This game looks amazing on the X1X.

#3 starscream615   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   656 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

starscream615

Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:05 PM

Uh, yeah. This is already in the Xbox deals thread... prepare for an onslaught of bad comments.

#4 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14461 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2019 - 02:10 PM

People post things outside of the mega-threads all the time, presumably cuz it's easier for people who can barely read and need things handed to them to see the deals. You'd never catch me trying to make something that's already easy even easier for someone--hey, I'm looking for X1 deals, maybe I should check out the X1 deals thread--but I get that people are trying to be helpful.

#5 looserattledgamer  

looserattledgamer

Posted 25 May 2019 - 02:18 PM

Uh, yeah. This is already in the Xbox deals thread... prepare for an onslaught of bad comments.

Fuck the haters bro. They can Cuck Off .This game is epic. Great Deal.

#6 rarhead   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   15 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2019 - 04:05 PM

The Panzer Dragoon Saturn games were great. I didn't know that this one was enhanced. Gonna have to check it out. Thanks!

#7 Inceptional  

Inceptional

Posted 25 May 2019 - 05:37 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I already saw this in the sale but didn't realize it was enhanced...holy crap it looks great! Ended up picking up Perfect Dark too because, even though not enhanced, I found that it looks amazing on the X and runs great!

#8 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4433 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:36 PM

Since this thread’s already here, may as well ask: does this only work on X1, or will it run on the 360, too?

#9 dkpunk  

Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:55 PM

Since this thread’s already here, may as well ask: does this only work on X1, or will it run on the 360, too?

Of course it will work on the 360 or the vanilla Xbox One.  The Xbox One X runs it in enhanced mode though.

#10 Count Van Ghoul   Past The Mission CAGiversary!   907 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Count Van Ghoul

Posted 25 May 2019 - 11:11 PM

Is this the rail shooter one or the RPG one?

#11 starscream615   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   656 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

starscream615

Posted 25 May 2019 - 11:39 PM

Is this the rail shooter one or the RPG one?

The rail shooter. The rpg one has never been remade or remastered due to the loss of source code thus why it’s highly sought after and commands a high price. I was lucky enough to find a copy of that more than ten years ago for a semi-reasonable price after hunting for it what felt like forever. Played through it several times and can say this: You’d wish Orta was the RPG one if you knew what you were missing.

#12 Count Van Ghoul   Past The Mission CAGiversary!   907 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Count Van Ghoul

Posted 26 May 2019 - 12:48 AM

The rail shooter. The rpg one has never been remade or remastered due to the loss of source code thus why it’s highly sought after and commands a high price. I was lucky enough to find a copy of that more than ten years ago for a semi-reasonable price after hunting for it what felt like forever. Played through it several times and can say this: You’d wish Orta was the RPG one if you knew what you were missing.

Man, the RPG one sounds so incredible. I keep holding out hope someday it'll get some kind of reverse engineering treatment.

#13 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3837 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 26 May 2019 - 01:32 AM

One of the reasons I owned the original Xbox. Great game

#14 looserattledgamer  

looserattledgamer

Posted 28 May 2019 - 05:09 PM

BOUGHT IT TC

Thanks so much OP

This game rules :beer: gen after gen:   so pumped for upscaled X1 gameplay

#15 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3562 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2019 - 05:41 PM

I picked this up over the weekend but I still hate that I have to power on a 360 to buy anything on that marketplace with Xbox credit.

#16 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 28 May 2019 - 07:08 PM

I picked this up over the weekend but I still hate that I have to power on a 360 to buy anything on that marketplace with Xbox credit.

I bought it online with no problems. No console necessary.

#17 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8670 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 28 May 2019 - 08:06 PM

I bought it online with no problems. No console necessary.

You can buy it online but you can only use MS credit towards 360 purchases on a 360.

#18 Saraph   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   110 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2019 - 06:50 AM

Thanks XboxGaming!

#19 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1135 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2019 - 10:40 AM

I hope the members who gave the OP shit for trying to help are real proud of themselves. He hasn't logged into this site since. Good job on trying to drive away someone that was actually trying to help with a deal on a great game.

lol says the person with a new account 1 day old. not suspicious at all

#20 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22684 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2019 - 05:31 PM

This game looks amazing on the X1X.

Is it bad that the only reason I want an X1X is to play Xbox and 360 games? :lol:

But I honestly had no idea this was enhanced on the X1X, Orta is easily one of my favorite Xbox games. 

#21 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 06 June 2019 - 05:55 PM

Is it bad that the only reason I want an X1X is to play Xbox and 360 games? :lol:

But I honestly had no idea this was enhanced on the X1X, Orta is easily one of my favorite Xbox games. 

The only reason I have an Xbox at all is the novelty of backwards compatibility, and I found a great deal on an X1X. 

#22 Count Van Ghoul   Past The Mission CAGiversary!   907 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Count Van Ghoul

Posted 06 June 2019 - 06:33 PM

lol says the person with a new account 1 day old. not suspicious at all

LMAO

#23 Wazootyman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   205 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Wazootyman

Posted 07 June 2019 - 04:16 PM

Somewhat kicking myself for selling my copy in high school (circa 2001) for $250.

But $250 for a high schooler is... a lot.

#24 Untamed Sorrow   The Maple Kind ?? CAGiversary!   1107 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Untamed Sorrow

Posted 08 June 2019 - 11:42 AM

It’s only tripled in value over the last 18 years 😆, Can I can kick you too? I might feel better about selling mine in 06 for about the same....:puke:

#25 silver   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   5 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2019 - 05:14 PM

I'm deserving of the biggest kick of them all :p

I bought Panzer Dragoon Saga at launch, and sold it as soon as I beat it... for $45.

...Because $50 is *a lot* of money for a high schooler.

Oh, and did I tell you guys about that time that Best Buy had a *huge* stack of the game Earthbound, brand new, for $8 each?

I bought one and sold it when I beat it... for not a lot.

#26 Chocoburger   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   423 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Chocoburger

Posted 08 June 2019 - 07:39 PM

Man, the RPG one sounds so incredible. I keep holding out hope someday it'll get some kind of reverse engineering treatment.

Both games are great, and I'd love a Panzer Dragoon Saga II or a Panzer Dragoon 4th rail shooter.

To anyone who hasn't played a PD game before: its a lot like Star Fox 64, except in a strange abstract world.

PD 1 was extremely challenging (I could never beat it since it had limited lives).

PD 2 was fantastic (infinite retries made the game so much more accessible).

PD S is amazing (I still have my launch copy, and of course I'd never sell it - also there are ways to play it)

PD O is wonderful and is basically an improved version of PD 2, it shouldn't be skipped!

PD 1 and PD 2 are getting remastered ports on PC by a no-name development studio, so we'll see how that turns out. Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.

#27 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16280 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2019 - 08:20 PM

I loved PDO. Any other rail shooters you guys recommend on x1?

#28 opportunity777   Disco Fever CAGiversary!   5231 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

opportunity777

Posted 09 June 2019 - 11:16 AM

Somewhat kicking myself for selling my copy in high school (circa 2001) for $250.

But $250 for a high schooler is... a lot.

Don't be too pissed. A used copy, adjusted for inflation, doesn't sell for much more than you got. :)

Someone needs to remake PD: Saga from scratch, but it's never going to happen without a kickstarter of some sort.

#29 happydogs   Razor barrel. CAGiversary!   513 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

happydogs

Posted 10 June 2019 - 03:29 PM

I loved PDO. Any other rail shooters you guys recommend on x1?

Check out Rez and Child of Eden, if you haven't already.  They're considered music/rhythm games, but mechanically play very similarly to the Panzer Dragoon games.  Both 360, but backward compatible iirc.

#30 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:47 AM

Remake coming to Switch

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: original xbox, xbox, backward compatibility