* * - - - 7 votes

Bestbuy Clearance. Some decent deals with GCU

#31 FatBoyInside   Money costs too much CAGiversary!   2568 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

FatBoyInside

Posted 27 May 2019 - 10:06 PM

I was waiting for them to ever discount Alliance alive, but they’ve already announced a PS4 HD remake.

Thanks for the notice. I was ready to jump on this discounted 3DS game, but will hold off now and await the remake.

#32 mr.Dobalina   Minimalist gamer CAGiversary!   1051 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

mr.Dobalina

Posted 27 May 2019 - 10:20 PM

Went ahead and snagged a price match on amazon for Steamworld Dig 2. Loved the first one, can’t wait. Thanks OP.

#33 JaytheGamefan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4353 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

JaytheGamefan

Posted 27 May 2019 - 11:27 PM

When 40% off is considered "clearance". I'll come back when they actually want to clear them out. Sorry but Hey Pikmin being $26 is hardly what I'd summize as them desperately wanting to clear out stock.

Best Buy isn't desperate to clear out stock - but it's a chance to give customers a chance to get the games at a discounted rate. Things can't just be sold below levels that publishers will allow and if they don't sell, they'll just get sent back to manufacturers.

#34 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 28 May 2019 - 01:32 AM

Clearance means nothing to bestbuy in the way of price. I bought a lg sound bar on clearance. Then when Sunday came around it was on sale cheaper then the clearance price I had paid and it had a free gift card with it. I had to return it because they wouldn't give me the better deal because i bought it on clearance lol.

#35 dabomb1991  

dabomb1991

Posted 28 May 2019 - 06:25 AM

Is we happy few worth it? I only saw a few scenes and saw that it looked very bioshocky and was thinking of getting it, but a little unsure still.

#36 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1531 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2019 - 10:53 AM

Picked up steamworld dig 2, any HDR support?

#37 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2668 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2019 - 04:12 PM

Best Buy isn't desperate to clear out stock - but it's a chance to give customers a chance to get the games at a discounted rate. Things can't just be sold below levels that publishers will allow and if they don't sell, they'll just get sent back to manufacturers.

Best Buy doesn't send games back to the publishers. Whatever they buy they are stuck with until it sells. That's why you might see some random really old junk stashed in the corners of some stores. Only a few years back I had to mark some UMD music video discs as defective to get rid of them because they were still priced at $20+ and no one was ever going to buy them. A lot of those older skus get forgotten about when they get delisted from the website. :p

#38 FatBoyInside   Money costs too much CAGiversary!   2568 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

FatBoyInside

Posted 28 May 2019 - 04:46 PM

Picked up steamworld dig 2, any HDR support?

Nope, no HDR support enhancement on PS4/PS4 Pro.

#39 MrSmiley1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   189 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2019 - 04:48 PM

Might want to check the price in-store on some of these if the website says it is in stock because it can vary by store. For example Bridge Constructor Portal for Xbox is $20.99 on the website but is $17.99 at my store.

I just tried this at my local store for Little Dragon Cafe. It was $53.99 on "clearance". $38.99 online is too much for me. I was hoping for around $25 before GCU. Oh well, you win some you lose some.

#40 SRL1  

Posted 28 May 2019 - 05:01 PM

We happy few worth it? Screw it in for one.

#41 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   853 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 28 May 2019 - 06:46 PM

I just tried this at my local store for Little Dragon Cafe. It was $53.99 on "clearance". $38.99 online is too much for me. I was hoping for around $25 before GCU. Oh well, you win some you lose some.

You aren’t missing out. That game was a huge disappointment.

#42 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   853 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 28 May 2019 - 06:48 PM

Best Buy doesn't send games back to the publishers. Whatever they buy they are stuck with until it sells. That's why you might see some random really old junk stashed in the corners of some stores. Only a few years back I had to mark some UMD music video discs as defective to get rid of them because they were still priced at $20+ and no one was ever going to buy them. A lot of those older skus get forgotten about when they get delisted from the website. :p

I believe you that BB can’t just send it back like bookstores do with books that don’t sell. But why does Nintendo get to dictate the price and prevent sales. MSRP is “suggested”.

#43 BadWaluigi=Luigi  

BadWaluigi=Luigi

Posted 28 May 2019 - 10:21 PM

My point was that they are abusing the term "clearance".

#44 mdm   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   263 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2019 - 10:26 PM

Anyone who doesn't buy Culdcept Revolt at that price is truly a monster

#45 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   671 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 29 May 2019 - 01:42 PM

Really wish I had GCU still... used to buy games pretty regularly but now, I rarely buy anything. 

GCU didn't work in-store for me with something that was marked as "clearance".

#46 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16298 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2019 - 01:56 PM

I believe you that BB can’t just send it back like bookstores do with books that don’t sell. But why does Nintendo get to dictate the price and prevent sales. MSRP is “suggested”.

It’s just an agreement that they have with retailers. Everything is negotiable if you have enough clout. Some items have a minimum advertised price which is why you also see things like “see price in cart” on some sites.

#47 the_ENEMY_   Undead CAGiversary!   1252 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

the_ENEMY_

Posted 29 May 2019 - 01:59 PM

860-331-7172 still a little time left on gcu

#48 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1531 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2019 - 02:03 PM

Best Buy return question, I just bought a refurbed pro yesterday. Now the new one is going to be $350.

I used s $50 cert, can I do an exchange for a new one on the spot, or should I return it today and wait for my $50 cert to refund by June 7th?

#49 Jurai  

Posted 29 May 2019 - 04:18 PM

is BB still sending out codes when your GCU expires? didnt' get anything personally when mine lapsed last month

#50 joshxx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   460 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2019 - 05:12 PM

860-331-7172 still a little time left on gcu

Is that your gcu phone number? can i use it one time ?

#51 MasterSun1   Already Guilty CAGiversary!   1558 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2019 - 05:12 PM

is BB still sending out codes when your GCU expires? didnt' get anything personally when mine lapsed last month

You should've.  Maybe it went into Spam?

#52 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2668 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2019 - 05:18 PM

Not everyone gets a code when their GCU is expiring.

#53 Jurai  

Posted 29 May 2019 - 05:41 PM

yeah I wasn't sure where things were with it, I recall some people saying the ones they initially gave out expired in march, so wasn't sure if they were still giving new ones out or what

#54 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   994 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2019 - 06:15 PM

GCU didn't work in-store for me with something that was marked as "clearance".

same thing happen to me a few weeks ago

#55 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1531 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2019 - 06:30 PM

Hey ty, should I return my refurb pro right now and rebuy it on the 7th? Or can they just do a full exchange in the 7th, there is a cert involved.

#56 FatBoyInside   Money costs too much CAGiversary!   2568 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

FatBoyInside

Posted 29 May 2019 - 10:17 PM

I received a 25% off single use code for any physical game purchase, if that's what you are hinting about.  It arrived in my inbox roughly a week BEFORE my GCU expired this month.  It is valid for online only until 11/29/19, so hopefully applicable towards the upcoming PS4 Days of Play sales week or maybe just use it on Bloodstained.   

#57 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2668 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2019 - 10:44 PM

Hey ty, should I return my refurb pro right now and rebuy it on the 7th? Or can they just do a full exchange in the 7th, there is a cert involved.

Was it an open-item? Not sure a refurb would qualify for the sale but the price on open items is based on the current sale price. You can just go get it adjusted then if you are still within the return period.

#58 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1531 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2019 - 02:15 AM

Was it an open-item? Not sure a refurb would qualify for the sale but the price on open items is based on the current sale price. You can just go get it adjusted then if you are still within the return period.

Thanks Ty, I’m going to return it tomorrow and just buy a new one on the 7th. I still have my base PS4 to use in the meantime.

#59 dabomb1991  

dabomb1991

Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:49 PM

So I have a weird thing that happened; first for me anyways. I ordered we happy few deluxe edition and it says it’s delayed. What are the chances I will not get it?

#60 wratih9   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   375 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:09 PM

Poi:  Explorer Edition is the only thing I could pull the trigger on, everything else seems pretty blah.