* * - - - 7 votes

Bestbuy Clearance. Some decent deals with GCU

#61 SRL1  

Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:39 PM

So I have a weird thing that happened; first for me anyways. I ordered we happy few deluxe edition and it says it’s delayed. What are the chances I will not get it?

Low in stock probably. I ordered at the stores. Every other stores I checked usually 1 or 2 in stock. You might as well check in store.

#62 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1317 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:55 PM

I ordered Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle for store pickup since it went on sale the other day.  Wasn't paying attention at the store and when I got home, saw they gave me Splatoon 2.  Not sure how I feel about this. 

#63 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAGiversary!   767 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 30 May 2019 - 09:24 PM

Poi:  Explorer Edition is the only thing I could pull the trigger on, everything else seems pretty blah.

In a list that includes (among other things) Street Fighter, the only thing that could entice you is literally the blandest title on the clearance list?

I ordered Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle for store pickup since it went on sale the other day.  Wasn't paying attention at the store and when I got home, saw they gave me Splatoon 2.  Not sure how I feel about this. 

This happened to me several times over the years at Best Buy. You could just sell Splatoon and then buy another Mario Rabbids.

#64 wratih9   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   375 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2019 - 09:46 PM

In a list that includes (among other things) Street Fighter, the only thing that could entice you is literally the blandest title on the clearance list?

Well of the Switch titles it was the only one that had solid reviews but I didn't research them extensively.  Fallen Legion and Code Princess were also possibilities. 

#65 dabomb1991  

dabomb1991

Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:06 PM

Low in stock probably. I ordered at the stores. Every other stores I checked usually 1 or 2 in stock. You might as well check in store.

#66 dabomb1991  

dabomb1991

Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:08 PM

I would, but there isn’t any copies within 250+ miles of me, but there are some copies of just the base game. Oh well no loss if I don’t get it.

Edit: sorry for double post, Idk what I’m doing on my phone.

#67 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   409 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:15 PM

I would, but there isn’t any copies within 250+ miles of me, but there are some copies of just the base game. Oh well no loss if I don’t get it.

Edit: sorry for double post, Idk what I’m doing on my phone.

It still shows it's available to add to cart on the website for me, mine was delivered today but I would contact chat because if you can still order one how can it be backordered?

#68 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3424 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:19 PM

I ordered Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle for store pickup since it went on sale the other day. Wasn't paying attention at the store and when I got home, saw they gave me Splatoon 2. Not sure how I feel about this.

Did the pickup tag have your information on it or someone else's? It's possible they marked some else's as picked up which charges their card and screws them over. I'd go back and explain the situation.

#69 dabomb1991  

dabomb1991

Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:33 PM

It still shows it's available to add to cart on the website for me, mine was delivered today but I would contact chat because if you can still order one how can it be backordered?

That’s why I asked. I saw that i could still order one which got me all confused and was wondering if this was a thing. The e-mail I got says it should be fulfilled within 7 days. I guess I will wait and if nothing happens by next week I will contact chat.

#70 the_ENEMY_   Undead CAGiversary!   1251 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

the_ENEMY_

Posted 30 May 2019 - 11:14 PM

yes 860-331-7172 is my GCU phone number. names mike. please dont change anything on it but use it if you want.

#71 justoneuncle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   226 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

justoneuncle

Posted 30 May 2019 - 11:18 PM

So I have a weird thing that happened; first for me anyways. I ordered we happy few deluxe edition and it says it’s delayed. What are the chances I will not get it?

I purchased three clearance games and got an email this morning at 1 am that it was delayed. I just received the order about fifteen minutes ago. I got my copy of We Happy Few today as well, but that wasn't a part of the "delayed" order.

#72 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   993 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2019 - 11:55 PM

it looks like steamworld dig 2 for PS4 is sold out

#73 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1317 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:48 AM

Did the pickup tag have your information on it or someone else's? It's possible they marked some else's as picked up which charges their card and screws them over. I'd go back and explain the situation.

Nope, that's seemingly the oddest thing; there was no pick slip stickered to it

#74 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13117 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2019 - 04:55 PM

A few random games went down a little further in price.  For example Warriors All-Stars in now $11.99 (was $15.99).

#75 mdm   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   263 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2019 - 11:36 PM

Necroing this thread because I bought Culdcept Revolt there today for $10.99, it was previously $13.99, if you have a 3DS and don't have it yet it's a gem.  I can't speak to whether the other clearance games have been discounted further though, as far as I see Culdcept Revolt still shows up as $13.99 on the website.

And yes I really want more people to play Culdcept Revolt haha if the fanbase grows we're more likely to see further iterations localized for the west.

#76 johnston306   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   815 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

johnston306

Posted 17 June 2019 - 12:10 AM

Necroing this thread because I bought Culdcept Revolt there today for $10.99, it was previously $13.99, if you have a 3DS and don't have it yet it's a gem. I can't speak to whether the other clearance games have been discounted further though, as far as I see Culdcept Revolt still shows up as $13.99 on the website.

And yes I really want more people to play Culdcept Revolt haha if the fanbase grows we're more likely to see further iterations localized for the west.

I don't think clearance sales will inspire further iterations...

#77 SRL1  

Posted 17 June 2019 - 05:58 PM

Picked up far cry 4 xb1, lost complete edition couple years ago.

#78 e3man01   Cheap Assin' before most of you even picked up a controller CAGiversary!   388 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2019 - 03:45 AM

Code of Princess Ex is $21.99 in store. Torrance, CA had 6/7 copies; even launch copies w/the sticker on the front.
Got one for me but because clearance games need a manual adjustment for GCU, good luck on that! That's YMMV. Sku: 6225311

#79 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13117 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:08 AM

Steamworld Dig 2 (PS4) is back in stock for shipping at $11.99.