PS Classic $26 plus tax at Target with Cartwheel

Deftones22

CAGiversary!
Right now the ps classic is $40 but if you log on to your cartwheel app there is a 35% off coupon to make it $26 plus tax. Picture is not mine but found on a Target Facebook group. [attachment=32275:88A03B7F-791F-459D-9319-0AD84FDF47C5.png]

Y wood u waste 26 bones on a dog shit emulator
Sure it is a fantastic deal but look at what your getting.
It’s the Hillary Clinton of consoles.

***secretly orders one***

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn’t even accept it for free.

I just ‘Marie Kondoed’ my room and wouldn’t want this to be cluttered.

I excitedly ran down to Target yesterday to take advantage of this deal and buy another stupid piece of crap I didn't need. Unfortunately (?), I was told they sold out of them two days ago. Eh, it was money I didn't need to spend anyway.

It's been this price off and on via Cartwheel for a couple of weeks now.  Just prior, they had it for 30% off the $39.99 in store/online price via Cartwheel.  They might drop a 50% off via Cartwheel offer, but anything sub-$30 isn't bad on this given how easy it is to mod.

Thanks this thing is great after modding.
Not to mention, you don't even "mod" it. You plug in a set up USB stick and the console is not altered in the least. Playing US versions of Tekken 3/etc. and several of the highlights they left out fixes one of my main complaints.

Still not worth it.

Has Sony come to the realization of how badly they messed this up?
Yes, yes they have. And I think we are benefitting from Sega having watched their dumpster fire as they quickly switched to a high quality developer and are including games people actually want.

While not a hard mod, it's a soft mod using USB

Also, depending on which method you use, one program installs a script directly onto the classic which would be considered altered.

Yes, yes they have. And I think we are benefitting from Sega having watched their dumpster fire as they quickly switched to a high quality developer and are including games people actually want.
if anyone knows about classic system dumpster fires, its Sega. some of their @games versions were horrendous.

If Sony follows Sega's examples over the years with the crap AtGames flash systems, Sony will finally put out a good Mini Classic in about ten years.

Damn. I can't find this coupon.

Edit: looks like it expired on 06/01

Last edited by a moderator:
if anyone knows about classic system dumpster fires, its Sega. some of their @games versions were horrendous.
Yep, which is probably why Sega sat back and went "Oh, so THAT's why these things weren't doing as great as Nintendo's.". They ditched @games and brought in the masters at m2 which have a stellar record at this sort of thing. The Sega Genesis Mini is shaping up to be really nice, between the awesome game selection and the potential of the developers - if only they would change to the six button controllers in the US it would be about perfect.

Yep, which is probably why Sega sat back and went "Oh, so THAT's why these things weren't doing as great as Nintendo's.". They ditched @games and brought in the masters at m2 which have a stellar record at this sort of thing. The Sega Genesis Mini is shaping up to be really nice, between the awesome game selection and the potential of the developers - if only they would change to the six button controllers in the US it would be about perfect.
I still can't fathom they're not doing a six button controller. I guess I'm young though I didn't even know a three button controller was a thing until the furor over it, but it's still baffling they'd go back THAT far.

Why not? The PS Classic didn't have controllers with analog sticks on 'em.

But no, really, I'm not going to want to play this system with a three button controller. No way, notta chance. I'm just hoping that it will be compatible with a lot more USB sticks and pads than Sega is letting on.

I still can't fathom they're not doing a six button controller.
It seems to be a cash grab for their Retro-Bit-collaboration, plain and simple. They've already announced a new version of the RB six-button pad for the Mini. Very lame and the one thing they seem to be dropping the ball on with this release.

You could always import the Japanese one if it's a big deal to you. They have versions with one or two pads, both six-button.

I still can't fathom they're not doing a six button controller. I guess I'm young though I didn't even know a three button controller was a thing until the furor over it, but it's still baffling they'd go back THAT far.
I can, as someone that had a Genesis back from very close to release in 1989 (got it for Ghouls 'n Ghosts). The three button controller is what we knew back then. I remember buying two six button controllers when they came out, and while they were great controllers if you really want to do nostalgia for the US Genesis the three button controller is what we knew, for better or worse. Everyone was already looking forward to next gen by the time they hit along with SF2. I would much prefer the six button, but I do get what they are thinking.

As I recall the six button controller came out significantly earlier in Japan, not to mention the console wasn't as big of a cultural thing as it was in the US. Actual schoolyard fights used to break out over whether Genesis or SNES was superior.

Y wood u waste 26 bones on a dog shit emulator
Sure it is a fantastic deal but look at what your getting.
It’s the Hillary Clinton of consoles.

***secretly orders one***
Let's be honest here, Clinton was never a "fantastic deal."

Before I go on a rant about the cartwheel app, is this deal even still on or did it really expire 6/1?

It seems to be a cash grab for their Retro-Bit-collaboration, plain and simple. They've already announced a new version of the RB six-button pad for the Mini. Very lame and the one thing they seem to be dropping the ball on with this release.

You could always import the Japanese one if it's a big deal to you. They have versions with one or two pads, both six-button.
Well to be honest, I just got the Retro-bit version today and it is freaking perfect (the "announced" version is just a re-release of the one now). I got it to use on emulation/etc and it is spot on the old six button controller. I'll also use it on the Mini when it comes out for the games that will use it, but I'm really not going to be playing 2 player SF2 (the SNES version on the Classic is far better in my opinion if I want to play that) so will only really need one. Oh and the cable on the Retro-bit controller is really long, maybe 10 feet I'd say. And it also has shoulder buttons for use on the PC/Raspberry Pi.

(the "announced" version is just a re-release of the one now).
Don't believe it is. The version for the Mini is to have a USB plug (obviously) but NO shoulder buttons for authenticity. They also inexplicably announced it will work on the Switch, which is a very odd feature for this particular product and big slap in the face to people like you who bought their USB version and can't play on the Switch.

Cash grab.

Don't believe it is. The version for the Mini is to have a USB plug (obviously) but NO shoulder buttons for authenticity. They also inexplicably announced it will work on the Switch, which is a very odd feature for this particular product and big slap in the face to people like you who bought their USB version and can't play on the Switch.

Cash grab.
You might be right about that, but the older version is listed on their site as working with the Mini as well, and it seems the extra buttons are nice for PC/emulation (unless you want it for the Switch).

bread's done
Back