Anthem Legion of Dawn Edition $19.19, Xbox and PS4,with GCU

Hm. The standard edition (same price) comes with the steelbook as an auto-attaching freebie.  Are the dlc bits in the Legion edition significant?

The one game this year I wish I didn’t buy. The online connectivity is the worst and the progression and drop rate for items is trash.

Such high hopes but yea nothing will make me go back to this game...

In for 1

:eek: they should've just teamed up with marvel and made this into the greatest iron Man game ever but instead they went another route and created an abomination.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm. The standard edition (same price) comes with the steelbook as an auto-attaching freebie. Are the dlc bits in the Legion edition significant?
If you have to ask about the steelbook, you want it. Dlc is cosmetic armor that I would rather have over a metal case, but I'm not one that obsesses over them. It's in a box somewhere.

I mean... What is $20 anyway? But the reviews are so bad

If you haven't played this game it is better than you think, I picked it up early because of GCU and bonuses and have really enjoyed the flying mechanics, it's not a 9 or 10, but still something different than typical FPS or 3PS.

I played it for a bit at launch, and it was...ok. The gameplay itself can be fun at times, but the online was terrible, the hubworld was a damn slog to get through even with the added run ability, there was that whole "console bricking" bug which I can only hope they fixed, and the developers have been super unresponsive not too mention late with their promises.

First impressions can mean a lot, and mine with this game were not great. Plus the radio silence from the developers on their lackluster updates gives me the notion that they've almost given up on this game. Which means I did too. The price is good, but as a gamer with such little free time I just can't recommend this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you really want a game that can potentially mess up your PS4? I don't care if they said that bug was fixed I won't be touching this game in this lifetime.

The worst thing about the game is that it’s a loot shooter that makes you sit through two long loading screens to even equip new gear, and two more to test it out.

Buyer beware this game is 99% dead , UNO and a webcam pointed at the wall have more viewers on Twitch.
This is definitely the truth. The online community for it is dead at this point, as anyone playing it is having trouble finding parties to play with. Unless EA does something to get people coming back to it, no one will be playing it soon.

So I rented the game from GameFly when it came out. At 20 bucks it's still a "fun" game to play just for the story and missions BUT, you basically need a team of 4 because I highly doubt you'll be able to match-make into mission. 20 bucks is worth it, if you have 3 other friends, you can spend a week or two, beat it and be done if you're that kind of gamer at all. 

I think we are being to negitive. The game is fine its ea's fault they rushed it out the door
Fjtp65z.gif

I picked it up for $20 on a NewEgg deal awhile back and I like the core gameplay loop but the game is pretty dead now. Hardly anyone playing it and the ones that are all doing end game stuff at this point. 

So I rented the game from GameFly when it came out. At 20 bucks it's still a "fun" game to play just for the story and missions BUT, you basically need a team of 4 because I highly doubt you'll be able to match-make into mission. 20 bucks is worth it, if you have 3 other friends, you can spend a week or two, beat it and be done if you're that kind of gamer at all.
Exactly, I gamefly’d it too, and it was fun to get through. For $20 it’s worth it for LoD Edition. Since I already finished the main campaign I’ll wait for it to hit $10 though.

i dont see the big deal, i use someones power up rewards they posted online. but fine, ill remove it.
It's not a potential problem for anyone but you, so feel free to do what you want. But if more than three people happen to use your GCU on a single version of a game, your GCU will get canceled.

i dont see the big deal, i use someones power up rewards they posted online. but fine, ill remove it.
It's not a potential problem for anyone but you, so feel free to do what you want. But if more than three people happen to use your GCU on a single version of a game, your GCU will get canceled.
Letting people use your GCU is certainly a nice gesture, but he is correct they will cancel it if you purchase the same title more than three times. With the program costing Best Buy more money than it ever made they probably love any reason to cancel someones account early.

I think we are being to negitive. The game is fine its ea's fault they rushed it out the door
Rushed? No. They had six years but all development happened within the last 2-3 years. The trailer they created to announce the game at E3 was before they even had a working version and it was conceptual (THEY LIED about "actual gameplay"). Quite frankly EA had little to do with the massive failure at the hands of BioWare. The game was mismanaged, misleading, and DOA. It's easy to blame EA, but BioWare has had a string of massive failures while other games under EA seemingly do just fine. Not saying EA is good, but certainly not the culprit in a cut and dry case of just shit development.

Rushed? No. They had six years but all development happened within the last 2-3 years. The trailer they created to announce the game at E3 was before they even had a working version and it was conceptual (THEY LIED about "actual gameplay"). Quite frankly EA had little to do with the massive failure at the hands of BioWare. The game was mismanaged, misleading, and DOA. It's easy to blame EA, but BioWare has had a string of massive failures while other games under EA seemingly do just fine. Not saying EA is good, but certainly not the culprit in a cut and dry case of just shit development.
BioWare died years ago. Its corpse is just being animated by some of THE WORST programmers of all time. It's just a joke.

Finally got around to playing a little. Honestly not that bad. Certainly not total trash like some think.
I enjoyed the game initially as well, but it was endgame (or lack of) that was critical to making it a great game. Suffice to say, it was not.

bread's done
Back