Anthem Legion of Dawn Edition $19.19, Xbox and PS4,with GCU

#31 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2077 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2019 - 04:50 PM

if you want to borrow my GCU in a store use my phone number. Xxx-xxx-xxxx

Bye bye GCU, I hope you enjoyed it.

#32 the_ENEMY_   Undead CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

the_ENEMY_

Posted 03 June 2019 - 05:35 PM

i dont see the big deal, i use someones power up rewards they posted online. but fine, ill remove it.

#33 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 03 June 2019 - 05:39 PM

i dont see the big deal, i use someones power up rewards they posted online. but fine, ill remove it.

It's not a potential problem for anyone but you, so feel free to do what you want. But if more than three people happen to use your GCU on a single version of a game, your GCU will get canceled.

#34 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4425 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2019 - 06:45 PM

It's not a potential problem for anyone but you, so feel free to do what you want. But if more than three people happen to use your GCU on a single version of a game, your GCU will get canceled.

Letting people use your GCU is certainly a nice gesture, but he is correct they will cancel it if you purchase the same title more than three times. With the program costing Best Buy more money than it ever made they probably love any reason to cancel someones account early. 

#35 Youngnoble   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1509 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Youngnoble

Posted 03 June 2019 - 08:42 PM

You wont just lose your GCU but your bestbuy mymember account as well. They can also use your points if the cashier doesn't care.

#36 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2291 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2019 - 09:11 PM

Never regretted a day 1 purchase more...

I dunno, my day one purchase of Brink made me angrier.

#37 Woocls   Grumpy Old Gamer CAGiversary!   1225 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2019 - 03:27 AM

I dunno, my day one purchase of Brink made me angrier.

I was soooooo hyped for that game but something made me hesitate on day 1 thankfully. I think the world is ready for a Brink 2: A Redemption Story. Kind of like we got with Rage 2.

#38 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3530 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2019 - 03:41 PM

You wont just lose your GCU but your bestbuy mymember account as well. They can also use your points if the cashier doesn't care.

They can't use your points if they are banked.  If you have certs issued well that is a whole different situation.

#39 DrBlueberry  

DrBlueberry

Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:39 PM

Will try to get legion edition with steelbook instore

Do you get the steelbook?

#40 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:06 AM

Do you get the steelbook?

Yup it was free with Legion edition too instore at least

#41 DrBlueberry  

DrBlueberry

Posted 06 June 2019 - 01:13 AM

Yup it was free with Legion edition too instore at least

Thanks for the info. I online chat with a CSR and it didn't work. I will go the the store nearby tomorrow.

#42 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14865 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2019 - 06:03 AM

I think we are being to negitive. The game is fine its ea's fault they rushed it out the door

Rushed? No. They had six years but all development happened within the last 2-3 years. The trailer they created to announce the game at E3 was before they even had a working version and it was conceptual (THEY LIED about "actual gameplay"). Quite frankly EA had little to do with the massive failure at the hands of BioWare. The game was mismanaged, misleading, and DOA. It's easy to blame EA, but BioWare has had a string of massive failures while other games under EA seemingly do just fine. Not saying EA is good, but certainly not the culprit in a cut and dry case of just shit development.

#43 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4432 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2019 - 10:19 PM

Finally got around to playing a little. Honestly not that bad. Certainly not total trash like some think.

#44 Count Van Ghoul   Past The Mission CAGiversary!   1155 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Count Van Ghoul

Posted 09 June 2019 - 01:40 AM

Rushed? No. They had six years but all development happened within the last 2-3 years. The trailer they created to announce the game at E3 was before they even had a working version and it was conceptual (THEY LIED about "actual gameplay"). Quite frankly EA had little to do with the massive failure at the hands of BioWare. The game was mismanaged, misleading, and DOA. It's easy to blame EA, but BioWare has had a string of massive failures while other games under EA seemingly do just fine. Not saying EA is good, but certainly not the culprit in a cut and dry case of just shit development.

BioWare died years ago. Its corpse is just being animated by some of THE WORST programmers of all time. It's just a joke.

#45 dennisb407   Brickseek DN Banned   6245 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2019 - 11:44 AM

Anthem is so bad they were only at EA E3 yesterday for 2 minutes and didn’t announce anything lol

#46 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14865 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2019 - 11:12 PM

Finally got around to playing a little. Honestly not that bad. Certainly not total trash like some think.

I enjoyed the game initially as well, but it was endgame (or lack of) that was critical to making it a great game. Suffice to say, it was not.