GUNNAR Maverick Gaming Glasses $29.99 (50% off) at GameStop

I've always viewed these as a gimmick product. Anyone actually bought them to confirm if they have any effect?
I have a friend that uses glasses like these (unsure the brand) at work every day, and a coworker that does night shift on her screen and phone to give it a yellow tint to help her eyes. She's had less headaches since doing that. So, I think they do help with eye strain that blue light seems to introduce.

I have a friend that uses glasses like these (unsure the brand) at work every day, and a coworker that does night shift on her screen and phone to give it a yellow tint to help her eyes. She's had less headaches since doing that. So, I think they do help with eye strain that blue light seems to introduce.
They make no difference to me. Some say they work, some say they dont. Makes me wonder how much of it is just psychological.

At any rate if thats all you want them for you can buy glasses for a few dollars that do the same thing. This is one of those "it comes with a fancy box, says it does a lot of things and costs 10X more than it really should so they must work great" kind of things.

They make no difference to me. Some say they work, some say they dont. Makes me wonder how much of it is just psychological.

At any rate if thats all you want them for you can buy glasses for a few dollars that do the same thing. This is one of those "it comes with a fancy box, says it does a lot of things and costs 10X more than it really should so they must work great" kind of things.
I'm not defending the product, or it's cost. Just saying that yellow shift does work for people. I don't even know if my friend still uses them at work, or if he uses night shift mode on computers now, too. I just know that sometimes when we've met up for lunch he's had them on because he's forgotten about them.

I've always viewed these as a gimmick product. Anyone actually bought them to confirm if they have any effect?
I found them to help, some, with headaches/eye issues when I wore yellow lenses.
I also purchased shooting glasses for about 3.00 since they do the same thing.
Granted, the Gunnar look more professional but no one cared since I am a developer and we get away with a lot in the appearance department.

I'm not defending the product, or it's cost. Just saying that yellow shift does work for people. I don't even know if my friend still uses them at work, or if he uses night shift mode on computers now, too. I just know that sometimes when we've met up for lunch he's had them on because he's forgotten about them.
Oh I wasnt worried if you were or weren't. If it helps some people that's fine. I just tried them and did nothing for me, except distract me.

Just amazes me they sell them for 60 and bill them as for gamers when you can get the same kind of glasses for 15 from Amazon. Kind of like monster brand hdmi cables that sell for 80 bucks that say they are high grade specialized for gaming I saw in a bestbuy before.

Oh I wasnt worried if you were or weren't. If it helps some people that's fine. I just tried them and did nothing for me, except distract me.

Just amazes me they sell them for 60 and bill them as for gamers when you can get the same kind of glasses for 15 from Amazon. Kind of like monster brand hdmi cables that sell for 80 bucks that say they are high grade specialized for gaming I saw in a bestbuy before.
What do you search for on Amazon to find said glasses? Just to browse around and convince myself I dont need it research

What do you search for on Amazon to find said glasses? Just to browse around and convince myself I dont need it research
"Blue light glasses". Al they do is filter out blue light. These don't help me sleep better or whatever but less blue-light at night definitely reduces eye strained/tired feeling eyes for me.

I wear glasses when I play games (contacts dry out every other minute when I play games) so I have to find versions that fit over glasses and so far, I haven't found one that's super comfortable.

I want to buy a pair for $29.99, but they're showing up at $59.99 as of now, even if I add to cart. Am I missing something? They're in stock at my local store, but showing as $59.99 for in store pickup as well. 

I have a different style I bought on clearance at gamestop years ago and I use them all of the time. I'm wearing them as we speak. They do help me. I really need a second pair to have at work. 

bread's done
Back