- A Chromecast Ultra
- A three-month subscription to the Stadia Pro service
- First dibs on your Stadia Name
- A three-month Buddy Pass to Stadia Pro for a friend

Stadia Pro subscription is $10 a month and includes:

- Streaming up to 4K/60fps/HDR in 5.1 surround sound
- Access to a library of free games for the duration of your subscription
- Exclusive discounts on purchasing games
- For a limited time, access to the complete Destiny 2 experience, including all previous and upcoming add-ons

Stadia Launch Games
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
- DOOM Eternal
- DOOM 2016
- Rage 2
- The Elder Scrolls Online
- Wolfenstein: Youngblood
- Destiny 2
- Get Packed
- GRID
- Metro Exodus
- Thumper
- Farming Simulator 19
- Baldur's Gate 3
- Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid
- Football Manager
- Samurai Showdown
- Final Fantasy XV
- Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
- Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- NBA 2K
- Borderlands 3
- Gylt
- Mortal Kombat 11
- Darksiders Genesis
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey
- Just Dance
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint
- Tom Clancy's The Division 2
- Trials Rising
- The Crew 2

Founder’s Edition will ship in November 2019. Base edition in 2020.

Obviously this is not a deal but I figured some might be interested.

https://store.google.com/us/product/stadia_founders_edition?hl=en-US&srp=/us/magazine/stadia

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically the controller is wifi so it connects directly to the google servers. then it casts the screen to your device. It has a netflix like sub for games....but you still have to buy some of them to play...not really sure who this is for.

Do keep in mind that it'll require a 35mbps to get the 4k 60fps experience. Also PC Gamer has reported that 65 hours worth of Stadia streaming at 4k will use a terabyte of data.

Basically the controller is wifi so it connects directly to the google servers. then it casts the screen to your device. It has a netflix like sub for games....but you still have to buy some of them to play...not really sure who this is for.
You have to buy some games to play?! What kind of shit is that!

The same chromecast device is usually $70 I think, so $50 for the controller. I don’t think it’s overpriced for what it is.

If you have good internet, and no data caps, this is basically a high-powered game console. (If it works, that is.) I mean, you have to buy games for any other console you play on.

Do keep in mind that it'll require a 35mbps to get the 4k 60fps experience. Also PC Gamer has reported that 65 hours worth of Stadia streaming at 4k will use a terabyte of data.
So basically my entire monthly allotment of data.

Video gaming entities seem to think everyone has unlimited bandwidth.

I have it on pre-order as of now since they are not charging until it ships.

I think a lot of core gamers are not looking this the right way and this may not be for them.  This isn't meant for those that want to invest in hardware, they just want to play games.  With a new generation of consoles on the horizon we are looking at a $400-$500 hardware investment before we even buy a game.  Or you are looking at new upgrades for your gaming PC.  With Stadia I give them $10 a month for the right to play next generation games but I don't have to buy hardware. I just buy the games I want to play. I'm not overly worried about the connection issue since most of the impressions I've read from the Assassins Creed trial last year were mostly positive. My internet is fine, I get 145 MB/s and have no caps so I'm good in that regard.

With that being said there are still questions as far as the games.  What games are going to be included with the subscription?  What cost are the games that I buy? I'm expecting them to be cheaper since it's streaming and the game itself isn't be transferred to me. I'm thinking $20-$30 a game since when the Switch had a similar service in Japan, Capcom was charging $30 I believe.  

I think a lot of core gamers are not looking this the right way and this may not be for them. This isn't meant for those that want to invest in hardware, they just want to play games. With a new generation of consoles on the horizon we are looking at a $400-$500 hardware investment before we even buy a game. Or you are looking at new upgrades for your gaming PC. With Stadia I give them $10 a month for the right to play next generation games but I don't have to buy hardware. I just buy the games I want to play. I'm not overly worried about the connection issue since most of the impressions I've read from the Assassins Creed trial last year were mostly positive. My internet is fine, I get 145 MB/s and have no caps so I'm good in that regard.

With that being said there are still questions as far as the games. What games are going to be included with the subscription? What cost are the games that I buy? I'm expecting them to be cheaper since it's streaming and the game itself isn't be transferred to me. I'm thinking $20-$30 a game since when the Switch had a similar service in Japan, Capcom was charging $30 I believe.
Bandwidth caps are the main concern with this service. Since it's just streaming video essentially, 1080p streaming would be manageable, but 4K would likely eat through my 1TB cap from Comcast easily. I've only ever gone over that limit once. Most major ISPs have a bandwidth cap or an excessive usage policy.

As you say, I would hope they do not price the games at $50-60. If they do, I think this will fail. OnLive worked that way if I recall correctly. It went away due to Sony purchasing their technology, which I imagine is being used for PlayStation Now.

I have one on preorder as well. Interesting concept for sure and pricing seems reasonable for what they have revealed so far.

Was half tempted to pre-order yesterday, but a couple things occurred to me.

1. What happens if the streaming performance is poor, even if you have fast enough service on paper.

2. Without any sort of hard drive or storage, you are out of luck to do any gaming if your internet provider has an outage.

3. Even more so than Steam, you’re stuck with limited access to your games unless you have the specific Stadia controller and access to high speed internet in the future.

Don’t get me wrong, this is probably where gaming is going (MS already tried when they announce the disc-less Xbox one before rolling that back for a few years), but I’m not sure this is the immediate future of gaming.

Plus Google needs some serious exclusives to make Stadia a realistic contender. Porting over PC games isn’t going to do it for me.

Will be interesting to see how Apple responds, now that Xbox and PS4 controllers work with the Apple TV and they’re rolling out a gaming subscription service this Fall.

I feel like I looked through all the fine print but missed this. Can you direct me to where it confirms that?

I'm rooting for this to be awesome. If so it can be a game changer for sure. As someone who just recently started being able to get unlimited data with great speeds I seem to be the target audience.

I feel like I looked through all the fine print but missed this. Can you direct me to where it confirms that?

I'm rooting for this to be awesome. If so it can be a game changer for sure. As someone who just recently started being able to get unlimited data with great speeds I seem to be the target audience.
It was on the confirmation email when I ordered it.

e4637d82d8b11558edf4f7de95d3b58c.jpg

After finding out that it's not really a Netflix for games, and instead encourages both a subscription service AND digital purchases, I am no longer interested.

After finding out that it's not really a Netflix for games, and instead encourages both a subscription service AND digital purchases, I am no longer interested.
This. You have to buy your own games and so you're basically just paying a subscription for the ability to stream. They specifically said new games will need to be purchased so that means no new blockbusters in the list of free games; those free games are probably old or lame ones anyways.

Some times I wish we could just fast forward a few years to get to the end result.  This is one of those times.

Once the public gets a hold of this thing, they are gonna see all the flaws in full glory.  The initial novelty of playing a game on any Chrome browser is gonna wear fast when the price for this "convenience" is fully experienced by the market.

BTW, I also see a lot of cost comparisons between this and purchasing/owning a console.  What the proponents for Stadia often fail to include in the cost analysis is the resell value of your old console, which is still substantial.

I understand a lot of people see certain entertainment mediums as 'disposable' (music, movies, etc), but games have a higher price of entry, which is why game reselling is still a thing.

With Stadia, xCloud, or general game streaming, you lose just about everything.  The power to exercise trading, selling, lending, ... poof.  But this is what the publishers want. 

Sorry for the soapbox.

I think I'll be happy to use the free service to play PC games since my "gaming" laptop from 2 years ago is basically crap. I agree that $10/month may not be worth it.

This is one of those things I genuinely hope fails...and fails HARD.  Reason being is if it succeeds it's just too much power, and not only for Google itself, but streaming/digital-only in general.  

So, I am not reading what y'all are seeing.
If you have the sub, you get access to free games. Free being no more out of pocket.
If you have free, you have to buy the license for games you want to play.
The sub only gets you access to some free games. Not everything that is streamable via Stadia. That list posted by the OP -- those are games that are streamable, not all the games you automatically can play for free if you subscribe. You have to buy licenses for some games, in particular, for the new ones (like Ghost Recon Breakdown).

Stadia Subscription:
Some free games as long as you're subscribed
Discounts on purchasing games (you will keep these even if you're not subscribed)
You can buy all the games you want for keeps
4K/Surround Sound Streaming
Stadia Free:
You can buy all the games you want for keeps
1080p/Stereo Streaming

Simple, yeah?

Would be more impressive if they partnered with Steam but you still had to buy the controller and/or pay for the service. As it stands now, it’s another store ecosystem that requires a new account and won’t carry over if the whole experiment is a failure. Too risky imo

It will fail, it has to. People who own a gaming system already this gen don’t need another one that uses mass data and has a subscription model for some games. Those who don’t own a system probably aren’t in the market for one and definitely not waiting for this thing to play doom or rage 2. It’s not mobile, can’t be played without internet and will be limited. For the next gen systems again it’ll fail to compete because they’ll have their separate Xbox or psn ecosystems that people buy into and don’t want to start over on a new one. All the games will be available on their old consoles and there won’t really be a point to buy one.

The lack of iOS support kills it for me. I want to be able to take this anywhere and everywhere. And I don’t want to buy a Pixel.

So, I am not reading what y'all are seeing.
If you have the sub, you get access to free games. Free being no more out of pocket.
If you have free, you have to buy the license for games you want to play.
https://store.google.com/product/stadia_founders_edition
(scroll down about half way to see the breakdown)
At the moment the only game that can be stream as part of the subscription package is destiny 2.

So basically my entire monthly allotment of data.

Video gaming entities seem to think everyone has unlimited bandwidth.
Just like gamers assuming everyone *has* to game at 4k. Lower resolutions have significantly lower bandwidth demands. It is a cost vs. fidelity tradeoff, no different than when you are choosing parts for a gaming PC, or between the PS4/XB1S and PS4 Pro/XB1X.

Waiting for e3 (i.e., possibly new Xbox announcement) and PSX (i.e. possibly new PS announcement) before preordering. 

Being able to play this on Pixel devices or Chrome browser is a banger. 

So is the cheap entry.

But the question remains:

1. Blah blah, your controller is directly connected. PC Gamer noticed latency (not-so ideal condition). So can you, like, show us ideal condition performance? thx. 
  2. So multiplayer, are we actually cross-playing? Or are we going against all of 100 players that Stadia will have per game?

This. You have to buy your own games and so you're basically just paying a subscription for the ability to stream. They specifically said new games will need to be purchased so that means no new blockbusters in the list of free games; those free games are probably old or lame ones anyways.
you don't have to pay monthly. Just think about it as paying $50 for a controller and streaming instead of $400 for a console. Yea there are negatives, but there are positives too. Buying a game is the same as any other console so that's not a negative.

They're pushing the controller too with this deal but if the service is anything like the test I was in on pc you can use Chrome and any controller. Then the choice is pay for the gamepass like subscription, buy games straight up, or wait and play something for free

I would also like to add that this is basically a portable console without having to carry around your PC or xbox. If you're going to a friends house/grandma's house you don't have to bring everything, just a controller and your chromecast. If you're going on a business trip it's a quick easy setup. 

From my understanding you can play on select phones and tablets as well which makes it even more portable.

I love physical games, but I understand the benefits of something like this and wouldn't mind having both options. 

It transmits data faster than the human brain!  :bs:

$129 *NOTE OC backbone / data center not included--online experience may vary; trailers are a depiction of ideal circumstances, in a closed white-room environment and a 3 foot CAT7 crossover cable into a one-person server.

This product scares me. I think it'll be mostly DOA the first time around. But if game streaming is the future one day...A website like CAG wouldn't even exist anymore.

I think a lot of core gamers are not looking this the right way and this may not be for them. This isn't meant for those that want to invest in hardware, they just want to play games. With a new generation of consoles on the horizon we are looking at a $400-$500 hardware investment before we even buy a game. Or you are looking at new upgrades for your gaming PC. With Stadia I give them $10 a month for the right to play next generation games but I don't have to buy hardware. I just buy the games I want to play. I'm not overly worried about the connection issue since most of the impressions I've read from the Assassins Creed trial last year were mostly positive. My internet is fine, I get 145 MB/s and have no caps so I'm good in that regard.

With that being said there are still questions as far as the games. What games are going to be included with the subscription? What cost are the games that I buy? I'm expecting them to be cheaper since it's streaming and the game itself isn't be transferred to me. I'm thinking $20-$30 a game since when the Switch had a similar service in Japan, Capcom was charging $30 I believe.
So it's the Rent-A-Center of gaming! Can't buy all at once, pay over time. Someone buying this already should have a badass connection. I'll pass. I want to own the games I "buy", not license them for an undetermined amount of time until google decides to shut down the servers. Google is notorious for bailing on it's products. https://killedbygoogle.com/

Id think latency would be a big one.

Who wants 100ms lag?
I was a part of the PC beta and I was honestly surprised at how responsive the game was. The controls were never an issue that jarred me to the realization I was streaming the game rather than playing it locally. The only problems I really experienced were occasional drops in video quality.

This product scares me. I think it'll be mostly DOA the first time around. But if game streaming is the future one day...A website like CAG wouldn't even exist anymore.
Which is every publisher's wet dream, they despise sites like this with every fiber of their being.

bread's done
Back