* * * * * 10 votes

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate $1 only !

Xbox Game Pass

#601 rlm2112   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   906 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2019 - 10:29 PM

Ok, shameless plug: I’m selling a 12 month Gold code in the trading forum if anyone’s interested in getting in on this deal 😊

#602 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14101 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2019 - 02:36 PM

Alrighty.  Coming in here way late, and maybe this has been discussed?  Maybe everyone will just think I'm paranoid?

I haven't done the deal.  Primarily because I don't think I'd even use it.  (Had our first baby last year; barely play modern games currently.)  

The line that trips me up on this deal  is "All conversions are final."  I assume this means any of you taking your Live accounts into these accounts will then be "stuck" at an Ultimate account forever?  My gut feeling just thinks, a few years from now, all of the Ultimate accounts will be stuck paying high prices per month/per year with the only way out is to cancel your account out.  (Not a big deal if you don't care about your Gamertag, I guess.)

So I've waffled back for forth, and just decided to leave it alone.  These days, I barely get on Live a couple times a month to play a few Rocket League matches or something.  

#603 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2019 - 03:05 PM

The line that trips me up on this deal  is "All conversions are final."  I assume this means any of you taking your Live accounts into these accounts will then be "stuck" at an Ultimate account forever?  My gut feeling just thinks, a few years from now, all of the Ultimate accounts will be stuck paying high prices per month/per year with the only way out is to cancel your account out.  (Not a big deal if you don't care about your Gamertag, I guess.)

No, it just means that if you want to go back to basic Gold you have to let your GPU subscription expire first, then start up a Gold subscription.

#604 Fuckntastic  

Fuckntastic

Posted 05 August 2019 - 06:29 PM

So I just used the 1$ month of GPU and now I have activated 12 months gold and thinking to make it 3 years
my question is if I activated the 3 years or less and the joined the ultimate pass for the regular price (14.99$), this will convert the total period to Ultimate pass?

Thanks.

#605 edison   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   541 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2019 - 07:37 PM

The $1 month of Game Pass Ultimate would have already converted the months you had to GPU, if I'm understanding the question correctly.

#606 respectablechum  

respectablechum

Posted 06 August 2019 - 07:41 PM

Alrighty.  Coming in here way late, and maybe this has been discussed?  Maybe everyone will just think I'm paranoid?

I haven't done the deal.  Primarily because I don't think I'd even use it.  (Had our first baby last year; barely play modern games currently.)  

So I've waffled back for forth, and just decided to leave it alone.  These days, I barely get on Live a couple times a month to play a few Rocket League matches or something.  

Just means if you want to cancel ultimate you dont get your gold/gamepass time back. You start at zero. You can resub to Gold/Gamepass after ultimate runs out. They aren't holding your account hostage lol.

#607 Fuckntastic  

Fuckntastic

Posted 06 August 2019 - 10:03 PM

I already used the one month 1$ GPU and has been expired, at the moment I only have 23 months xbox live
my question is, now if joined the ultimate pass for the regular price (14.99$), this will convert the total period to Ultimate pass?

#608 billyhexx  

billyhexx

Posted 07 August 2019 - 03:32 AM

I already used the one month 1$ GPU and has been expired, at the moment I only have 23 months xbox live
my question is, now if joined the ultimate pass for the regular price (14.99$), this will convert the total period to Ultimate pass?

I think a few people have had their months stack with the $14.99 sub.

#609 toadielurks   Working is for chumps. CAGiversary!   225 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

toadielurks

Posted 07 August 2019 - 03:48 PM

I'm confused.. have Xbox Gold until 10/19/2020 - got the $1 Ultimate pass and now have Gold until 11/19/2020, on my subscriptions page, it says next month $14.99, next charge 11/19/2020 - thought this is was supposed to be some kind of super deal? I get a month of ultimate for $1 (yeah, that's cool).. Oh and Xbox is down ATM

#610 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 07 August 2019 - 04:34 PM

I'm confused.. have Xbox Gold until 10/19/2020 - got the $1 Ultimate pass and now have Gold until 11/19/2020, on my subscriptions page, it says next month $14.99, next charge 11/19/2020 - thought this is was supposed to be some kind of super deal? I get a month of ultimate for $1 (yeah, that's cool).. Oh and Xbox is down ATM

You should have Game Pass ultimate until 11/19/2020.

#611 rlm2112   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   906 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2019 - 05:36 PM

The way to successfully do this deal was to extend your gold or game pass membership (not both) as far as possible (3 years max), and then do the $1 ultimate deal, which converted your membership to ultimate for the entire remaining time. Ultimate is gold + game pass.

#612 Fuckntastic  

Fuckntastic

Posted 07 August 2019 - 06:58 PM

I think a few people have had their months stack with the $14.99 sub.

This the answer for my question from Microsoft support:

Thank you for patiently waiting. I've got great news! Higher support was able to confirm that so long as you don't have an existing Ultimate subscription, the 1:1 conversion ratio will still apply. This is true even if you've already signed up for the promotion previously. If you redeem your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate code today, you will have 22 months + 3 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate in total

And it's worked for me.

#613 jmillion   Gaming is Therapeutic CAGiversary!   881 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

jmillion

Posted 09 August 2019 - 04:08 PM

still havent pulled the trigger on this yet. 

#614 MickyDeezNuggets  

MickyDeezNuggets

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:46 PM

I'm selling a code for 3 months of Game Pass for $10.  PM if you're interested and we can do the transaction via Paypal.

#615 mnuttster   CAG It Up! CAGiversary!   926 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:09 PM

I'm selling a code for 3 months of Game Pass for $10.  PM if you're interested and we can do the transaction via Paypal.

PM sent...

#616 MickyDeezNuggets  

MickyDeezNuggets

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:15 PM

Code sold.