GameStop and Nintendo eShop Cards 10% off and $5 off two PSN Cards at Dollar General 6-9-19 through 6-15-19...

josekortez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
I just saw in this week's Dollar General store circular that they are offering 10% off Nintendo eShop and GameStop gift cards this week from 6/9 to 6/15.  The ad shows the $20 Nintendo eShop card and the variable amount GameStop card ($20 to $500) along with a Domino's card in the picture.

Underneath, it also shows a deal where you can save $5 by buying two $25 PSN cards.  There are also Applebee's, Cracker Barrel, and Taco Bell cards in the same photo where you can mix and match them with the PSN cards.  The disclaimer in the photo says it excludes the $10 PSN cards, and it's one discount per customer on the PSN cards. 

Waiting for the obligatory "only 10%, that's not a good deal" and "they can't keep me from going into the store multiple times to get the PSN discount" posts. 

Also, in the past, Dollar General stores have been notorious about denying gift card purchases with credit cards, so I would recommend using debit cards or cash to make these purchases.

That is all.  :whistle2:

I just saw in this week's Dollar General store circular that they are offering 10% off Nintendo eShop and GameStop gift cards this week from 6/9 to 6/15. The ad shows the $20 Nintendo eShop card and the variable amount GameStop card ($20 to $500) along with a Domino's card in the picture.

Underneath, it also shows a deal where you can save $5 by buying two $25 PSN cards. There are also Applebee's, Cracker Barrel, and Taco Bell cards in the same photo where you can mix and match them with the PSN cards. The disclaimer in the photo says it excludes the $10 PSN cards, and it's one discount per customer on the PSN cards.

Waiting for the obligatory "only 10%, that's not a good deal" and "they can't keep me from going into the store multiple times to get the PSN discount" posts.

Also, in the past, Dollar General stores have been notorious about denying gift card purchases with credit cards, so I would recommend using debit cards or cash to make these purchases.

That is all. :whistle2:
Thank you for posting this. I got a 50 dollar psn card for 45 dollars. So I got 5 dollars of snacks.

Thank you for posting this. I got a 50 dollar psn card for 45 dollars. So I got 5 dollars of snacks.
Good to hear someone else has saved some money from this deal other than me. I had to get a $50 gift card for my cousin for graduation, so I bought a $50 GameStop gift card from Dollar General for $45. Then, I went to GameStop and bought a $50 Old Navy gift card with the GameStop card. My cousin got a gift card to a store that she would actually shop at, I saved $5 on the purchase, and I got the Pro Rewards points at GameStop for the purchase. Win-win.

I went back this afternoon to buy another $50 GameStop card for $45. I will probably use it to buy Burger King or Wendy's cards at GameStop since I eat at both places. I've found that you have to be smarter than the retailers these days to save money. And the only reason that I don't think that this Dollar General deal was more popular among CAGs this week is because of the $5 that GameStop is adding to any game trade-in of a game that's at least $2 in value. If you have something to trade in at GameStop, it's probably a better deal to do that. But I don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back