- - - - -

PS4 / XB1 / Switch Bloodstained RotN $33 @ Amazon (FREE Shipping) or Walmart (Store P/U)

#31 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   861 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:10 PM

ALERT : NEW PATCH 1.02 has a chest glitch that can prevent game progress. Only solution is starting a brand-new save file if you had applied the most recent patch or simply don't apply the patch at all (which adds Bosh Rush & Speedrun modes, improved visual effects and minor bug fixes). Bummer...

Any news updates on this?

#32 FatBoyInside   Money costs too much CAGiversary!   2569 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

FatBoyInside

Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:51 PM

Any news updates on this?

Still no official fix for the Patch 1.02 chest glitch, but have you progressed far enough into the game to not want to restart or encountered the bug in question, or possibly completed the game already?

Here are the Developer's Notes from a few days ago without any further update:

Currently there is a bug that occurs on consoles when a player begins a game and then downloads the 1.02 update. The bug puts chests into the incorrect open/close state. As a result, some items that are required for progress are unobtainable.

On PS4, 1.02 is already live, so we recommend starting a new save if you are seeing this issue. We do not know if/when an update will be available to fix the issue and retain save settings.

The 1.02 update is not live YET on Xbox One. We are investigating whether we can work out a fix for Xbox to prevent the issue from repeating. Once we know whether a fix is incoming or not, we will let everyone know. We will let everyone know what is up before the 1.02 update goes live.

Multiple Xbox players (and PS4 players who are already past the critical item crates) have asked what happens if they complete the game. Good news. If you complete the game you can convert that save to New Game + or make a new save and you'll be good to go. Just make sure you convert AFTER downloading 1.02.

#33 FatBoyInside   Money costs too much CAGiversary!   2569 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

FatBoyInside

Posted 26 June 2019 - 05:14 AM

A quick ADVISORY WARNING UPDATE that the Switch version is plagued will tons of technical glitches and gameplay issues (i.e. severe frame-rate drops, controller input lag, frozen screens) even after the first update.  On a somewhat positive note, devs are prioritizing their resources to release incremental patches to rectify some of the problems instead of one giant end-all patch.

• tonyvx likes this

#34 tonyvx  

Posted 26 June 2019 - 06:07 AM

Still have no idea why people pay to fund games via Kickstarter. Did you not learn from Mighty No. 9?

Why should one bad game ruin all the potential for player backed projects? 

#35 Royal High Knight   CAG's #1 Knucklehead CAGiversary!   5432 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Royal High Knight

Posted 26 June 2019 - 07:18 AM

Has there been a good one?

Yeah its called Bloodstained Ritual of the Night. Game is getting rave reviews and praise from everybody. Don't let this Switch launch fool you from buying a great game.
  • Killbomb likes this

#36 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2019 - 07:22 AM

Yeah, this game. 

I am normally against backing games but I backed this one for $28 last year which got me Ritual of the Night and Curse of the Moon. Saved over $20 so backing ended up being the CAG thing to do in this case. 

#37 tonyvx  

Posted 26 June 2019 - 08:03 AM

Off the top of my head: Flame in the Flood, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, Superhot, Undertale, Hyper Light Drifter, Banner Saga, Divinity: Original Sin... Timespinner also just came out and has been getting good reviews. Yooka Laylee wasn't AMAZING, but still fun for the $20 I put in. Also now that team is making a DKC-style game thanks to Yooka Laylee's sucess - so worth it imo.

Hell, I backed both Hollow Knight and Shovel Knight for a grand total of $25, and will have soon received a total of 7 games total from both developers for having done so. Both main installments ended up being some of my favorite games ever. Giving smaller devs a chance is good for the industry. Also did I mention the 5 free games?

• Loose Rattled Gamer likes this