* * * * - 4 votes

The Arcade1Up Tremendous Deals Thread

#271 elvis731   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   468 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:10 PM

yeah idk, the site is also showing me local stores with stock, maybe they reversed on it

Same.  Was this officially announced anywhere? 

I would like one, but don't necessarily want to get it right now  However, I almost considered going out to a local Walmart and grabbing one, when I thought this might actually be happening.

#272 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4007 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:25 PM

What is the sku for MK? I cant seem to find it.

#273 Jurai  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 10:57 PM

#274 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4289 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2019 - 12:22 AM

There was a hoax floating around about Walmart and violent video games. I'm at Walmart looking at 3 of them right now for $250.

#275 DarkonJohn   Growing backlog CAGiversary!   943 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

DarkonJohn

Posted 16 August 2019 - 03:46 AM

Got it. Here's step by step what I did. I bought an Asteroids cabinet from a Walmart near me for $199.00. I took that cab to another Walmart where Brickseek had the price set at $75 where they laughed me off and said they couldn't do any type of return/rebuy with merchandise from another store. I left. I went to another Walmart . . . they said something similar but argued that the price wasn't $75. I got tired of shenanigans so I just went back to my car, took out my cab, brought it into the store, returned it for full price back, then asked if I could rebuy it from the store. The lady said, and I quote "Yea I guess you can". She rung it up, it was $75, and I got my deal.

What I learned is that there is a chance that this could work with a Ship To Store where there is zero stock as long as Brickseek or the main Walmart site shows it at $75. You might have to Walmart hop until you find someone to do this and hopefully you live in a highly Walmart populated region like myself where you can get to 10 different Walmarts in 30 minutes. Just to be clear this method is not allowed and is by no means a slam dunk, but hey it's zero risk. Worst case scenario, you just return the cab . . . didn't work . . . oh well. I'd be interested to see if this works for anyone else.

After a couple of trips to WalMarts where BS said they had "Limited Stock" of the Asteroids and Centipede cabs fro $75 with no success, I ordered both online on Tuesday for pickup at a WalMart that had them on BS for $75 each (one of the stores that didn't actually have them in stock even though BS said they did).

Went to pick the up today and told the "in store pickup" guy that since they were listed for less in-store than what I paid online, could I get them at the lower price. He said that shouldn't be a problem....I just needed to pick them up from him (confirming on his handheld device that  I had picked them up) and then go to the Service desk and they should be able to get the difference back to me. He did confirm that both were listed as $75 for in-store purchase. 

I was a bit skeptical that it would be that easy, but when I sent to the service desk and told the guy I wanted to get the lower price. He quickly talked to his manager, who initially said something about not being sure it would be that easy because the process of returning them and then getting them available for resale might not be that quick, but in less than a minute they were processing the returns and then letting me repurchase them at the lower price. I'm pretty sure the manager (and maybe some of the other people I talked to) knew what I was trying to do, but since I was nice about it and didn't try lying to them, they were nice enough about it and I was in and out of there in about 15 minutes total. All in all, it was a great buying experience and the people I talked to were all very friendly and helpful. Of course, YMMV. 

#276 darren2e   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   51 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

darren2e

Posted 16 August 2019 - 05:32 PM

Any word on when the TMNT cab will go up for sale?

#277 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   1040 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2019 - 09:56 PM

Any word on when the TMNT cab will go up for sale?

On Twitter, Arcade1Up has confirmed that the TMNT cabinet will be released in October, that it is a "Walmart machine" (which probably means that it's exclusive to Walmart), and that it will not be available to pre-order. 

In Canada, the TMNT cab with riser is currently available to pre-order from EB Games for $549.99 (about $414 US dollars as of today), which is the only indication we've gotten so far on how much it will cost in the US.

https://www.ebgames....cade-with-riser

#278 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11348 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:42 AM

Well thats fucky, the timing is super odd though considering all the shit going down. Sorry for the false alarm lol.