* * * * - 4 votes

The Arcade1Up Tremendous Deals Thread

#301 SunbirdTurbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

SunbirdTurbo

Posted 27 August 2019 - 03:34 PM

I have been dying to get Final Fight but when it was delayed I got Street Fighter II.

Do you guys think the Final Fight cab will drop? I am hoping for a Black Friday deal on it.

#302 hagz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   94 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2019 - 03:47 PM

I have been dying to get Final Fight but when it was delayed I got Street Fighter II.

Do you guys think the Final Fight cab will drop? I am hoping for a Black Friday deal on it.

On the website, probably not.  You might get lucky if a nearby store puts it on clearance though but thats YMMV

#303 iTETSUO   Kaneda! CAGiversary!   1333 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2019 - 05:42 PM

The tmnt cab when it first went up was 349.99 with the riser, now Walmart has it for 399.99 with the riser

#304 hagz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   94 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2019 - 01:28 PM

Just a heads up:  Arcade1Up said on their Instagram that the TMNT hasn't been finalized and are unaware of what Wal*Mart is doing, saying it's out of their control.  Hopefully, this is just Wal*Mart getting numbers for distribution and that everyone who was able to order from them will be getting one.

#305 DarkonJohn   Growing backlog CAGiversary!   946 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

DarkonJohn

Posted 30 August 2019 - 04:53 AM

Arcade1up's online store has absolutely insane shipping costs. Here's what it looks like for me (excluding taxes) based on their current "sale" prices:

PCB:                   $30 + $12 ship each, 2 for $24) = net price of $42 per PCB

Control Deck:       $26 + $20 ship each, 2 for $40) = net price of $46 per control deck

Overlay:                 $12.50 + $12 ship (regardless of how many you buy...at least up to 6) = $24.50 for first overlay, $12.50 for each additional overlay

LCD:                      $112.50 +  $20 (ship each, 2 for $40) = $132.50 per LCD (which I believe includes the frame, LCD plexiglass artwork and possibly PCB)

Having different items  items in your cart adds the above shipping amounts, so beyond charging an insane amount for shipping, they act as if each item will always ship separately and at full price rather than putting multiple items in one box. 

So while a full new control deck for $26 is a pretty solid deal (even if the controls are nothing special, having the deck and artwork for $26 isn't a bad deal at all), having to pay an additional $20 for shipping each control tanks the deal completely. 

That said, last week I was looking at their online store to buy a Street Fighter, Rampage and Atari 12-in-1 control deck to replace the decks that came with my Asteroids and Centipede machines and plan to use for RetroPie machines. For some reason when I went to check the prices, the shipping showed up as $1 for each control deck.I bought one of each just in case it was a temporary glitch in their system that provided "almost free" shipping. Sure enough, the shipping prices went back up and I was thinking they might cancel my order from early last week, but I was happy to see (after a few emails asking when my order would ship), that they've shipped all but one of the control decks I ordered. 

And while I know the free deck protectors/overlays for the Gen 1 cabinets are no longer being offered, I'm still hoping they will give me some sort of discount on them since the art on the Gen 1 control decks almost disintegrates with moderate usage by anyone with mildly sweaty hands (like all of my kids). 

Overall, I'm loving my Arcade1Up cabinets, and since I plan on converting them to RetroPie machines, replacing the controls with better quality gear and customizing the control layout (adding stuff to the new control decks I bought), I don't really need to buy anything else from their online store (except maybe the deck protectors). But for those people that want to covert their machine from one game config to another by buying the control decks and PCBs, these shipping prices really put a damper on those plans.

#306 Jurai  

Posted 30 August 2019 - 08:13 AM

Arcade1Up is launching some new products, from TGS

Counter Top arcade, a wall mount arcade form factor, and cocktail cabinets

also King of Fighters cabinet and a Burger Time / Karate Champ cabinet (I think this one had previously been announced at some point but had been pulled from their site, was originally Karate Champ themed but now Burger Time is the prominent title)

https://www.taito.co.jp/mob/news/4006

edit: the cocktail cabs may have already been announced, dont' think the standup ones had

tgs2019_item02.jpg

tgs2019_item01.jpg

tgs2019_item03.jpg

tgs2019_item04.jpg

tgs2019_item05.jpg

tgs2019_item06.jpg

tgs2019_item07.jpg

#307 7String   Adam Howard CAGiversary!   456 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2019 - 08:55 AM

If it was $200 id buy it, i cant afford that for a single game though id love it, especially if we get drunk smoke and have the old high school friends back over....that would be a cool $200....aside from that id be a weirdo standing in my basement playing TMNT lol

#308 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4246 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:27 AM

The King of Fighters 98' cab is really cool looking, but will be disappointing if that is the only included game.

#309 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2785 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:54 AM

The King of Fighters 98' cab is really cool looking, but will be disappointing if that is the only included game.

Pic shows KoF 94 & 96 in it as well. Too bad it’s not three different SNK fighters.

#310 Agent Hero   Member, Thrift Shop All-Stars CAGiversary!   250 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Agent Hero

Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:06 PM

Four controllers on the Burgertime cabinet?  I don't recognize any of those games as having 4 players.

Haven't heard Track & Field announced, but it is on Gamestop for a March 20 release!

https://www.gamestop...e/11096188.html

#311 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1035 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:47 PM

Four controllers on the Burgertime cabinet?  I don't recognize any of those games as having 4 players.

Haven't heard Track & Field announced, but it is on Gamestop for a March 20 release!

I think that's a 1/4 scale arcade cabinet based on this Pac-man listing from Rubber Road: https://www.gamestop...t/10169013.html

Video: https://www.youtube....h?v=uCfcLuD8bW8

#312 Jurai  

Posted 30 August 2019 - 02:38 PM

Karate champ it's dual joystick

#313 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2426 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:07 PM

Damn, would have preferred Karate Champ staying as the prominent title.

#314 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   324 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2019 - 12:06 AM

That snk cab is interesting. I personally have zero interest in it- but if an Neo Geo cabinet sports cabinet was released with Baseball Stars 2, League Bowling, Neo Turf Masters, and a Sidekicks soccer game- O MY.

#315 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1906 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 31 August 2019 - 01:06 AM

Love the "Real Arcade Controls" on the Space Invaders cabinet - then it has a joystick for movement.  Space Invaders in the arcade controlled with left and right buttons, not a joystick ... :)

I much prefer the Burgertime cabinet to the Karate Champ design.  It has much more character, which is what you are going for here.  The original Karate Champ arcade cabinet was pretty bland after all.  Unfortunately that also means it takes the vertical monitor resolution, but the three other games are horizontal orientation so that's not great.  I think in the end, if I were making the pick I would have made the cabinet themed on Bad Dudes to have a horizontal monitor, that cabinet was pretty nice but it has a curved marquee which is probably tougher to package in a compact form for shipping.  As I recall, I think Caveman Ninja was a conversion kit, so it wouldn't look as great since they were made to fit in a wide variety of cabinets and did not have full graphics on the sides.

#316 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2305 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2019 - 07:25 AM

kof cabinet is awesome, i hope they do more SNK stuff like Metal Slug

#317 Jurai  

Posted 31 August 2019 - 12:56 PM

Arcade 1 up is apparently saying the KOF announcement was a mistake? Idk, the image is still on their server and banned with TGS in it, maybe they didn't fully lock the license in before the show and had already scheduled posting it on the site expecting to

#318 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   324 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2019 - 12:16 PM

From what I read, it was like you said- a mistake, that the image shouldn’t have been posted and that the license wasn’t locked down. Was just a mock-up.

Take that for what it’s worth.

#319 Captain Wrong   ... CAGiversary!   661 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Captain Wrong

Posted 01 September 2019 - 12:47 PM

Love the "Real Arcade Controls" on the Space Invaders cabinet - then it has a joystick for movement. Space Invaders in the arcade controlled with left and right buttons, not a joystick ... :)

I much prefer the Burgertime cabinet to the Karate Champ design. It has much more character, which is what you are going for here. The original Karate Champ arcade cabinet was pretty bland after all. Unfortunately that also means it takes the vertical monitor resolution, but the three other games are horizontal orientation so that's not great. I think in the end, if I were making the pick I would have made the cabinet themed on Bad Dudes to have a horizontal monitor, that cabinet was pretty nice but it has a curved marquee which is probably tougher to package in a compact form for shipping. As I recall, I think Caveman Ninja was a conversion kit, so it wouldn't look as great since they were made to fit in a wide variety of cabinets and did not have full graphics on the sides.

The Japanese versions had a stick as did the cabaret and cocktail versions. IIRC, the buttons were exclusive to Midway’s US cabinet.

Agreed on Burgertime. That’s a classic cab.

#320 kobeisgod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   801 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

kobeisgod

Posted 01 September 2019 - 11:25 PM

I want burger time!

#321 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   1051 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 September 2019 - 02:37 PM

Arcade1Up has confirmed on Twitter that the seemingly random TMNT cab pre-orders on Walmart.com last week were a "test of the Wal-mart pre-order system" and they "don't know why they were testing it or if it will be back."  They just said to keep checking Walmart.com for a pre-order, but if it doesn't come back, the cab will be "widely available" in Walmart stores in November.

https://twitter.com/...754292519399424

https://twitter.com/...755157091287040

https://twitter.com/...755490832019456

#322 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1035 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 09 September 2019 - 11:41 AM

Street fighter deal of the day, $187.50: https://www.amazon.c...1/dp/B07Q47PJTF

#323 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2426 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:54 PM

Hmm, I kinda want it, but I kinda want to wait for $150.

#324 Loonknight   Dirk The Daring CAGiversary!   787 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Loonknight

Posted 09 September 2019 - 10:42 PM

The deal is great, I just already have the Star Wars one on order, and I just can't bring myself to spend more than $150 on another one. Would love to mod it, play with it for a week or so and then set it in the corner of the room and never touch it again. 

#325 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10117 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2019 - 11:08 PM

I saw an MK kit with custom chair and riser, they had it priced at $400 over at Costco.

#326 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1248 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:10 AM

ugh... $150 was my impulse buy limit... but at less than $40 more, I caved.  Worst part is that I plan to mod it from the get go.

#327 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8940 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2019 - 11:29 PM

I ordered Street Fighter. I already preordered Marvel Super Heroes, but Street Fighter will end up being my first mini cabinet.

#328 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   324 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2019 - 11:53 PM

ugh... $150 was my impulse buy limit... but at less than $40 more, I caved. Worst part is that I plan to mod it from the get go.

At least the street fighter requires less modding since it has all those buttons.

#329 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2507 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2019 - 01:20 AM

Saw Golden Tee (with included custom riser) in store for the first time in the main aisle with other 1up units and a big sign showing $299...scanned for $399.  

#330 SunbirdTurbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

SunbirdTurbo

Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:50 PM

Okay so I have had my eyes set on Final Fight since day 1 of Arcade1up. I was devastated that it was delayed and went for Street Fighter II. Now that Black Friday is coming up...

Is anyone familiar with Walmart layaway? If a deal comes up black friday for Arcade1up will they adjust my price?