* * * * - 4 votes

The Arcade1Up Tremendous Deals Thread

#361 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   589 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 05 October 2019 - 04:12 PM

I noticed that my Walmart.com order for the TMNT cabinet cancelled the original SKU (355692464) and added it back under a different SKU (875700648).   Still has an 11/25 date and the new SKU goes to an error page and brings up nothing via Brickseek.

#362 TheRock88   The Franchise CAGiversary!   10635 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2019 - 07:24 PM

Checked my local Walmart today and saw that they had 4 Marvel cabinets. I was in a rush so I couldn’t check the price. These are suppose to come out around the same time as the TMNT cabs right?

#363 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   1059 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2019 - 12:54 AM

I noticed that my Walmart.com order for the TMNT cabinet cancelled the original SKU (355692464) and added it back under a different SKU (875700648). Still has an 11/25 date and the new SKU goes to an error page and brings up nothing via Brickseek.

This happened to me too! I got a little nervous when it listed the cab under “Cancelled Item,” but it is then listed again as part of the order. Hopefully I’ll be able to find it in person long before this order supposedly ships on 11/22, though!

#364 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1250 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2019 - 06:51 AM

Just saw the TMNT cab at my local walmart....circled it 5 times wondering if I should get this or finish modding my SF cab... ultimately I didn't, but that walmart is 5 minutes away. maybe I'll put it in layaway.

#365 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2515 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2019 - 11:47 AM

Has anyone mentioned if those TMNT cabs are showing up on Brickseek in the areas they are showing up in?

My store got the Marvel and Turtles units, and neither showed on the Walmart ap or Brickseek that day when I was trying to check prices at the store.  

#366 fieryavenger   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   93 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

fieryavenger

Posted 06 October 2019 - 01:56 PM

Anyone have the UPC front he TMNT cabinet? The new ski that was listed above doesn’t pull up anything in brickseek and the old ski shows in brickseek but doesn’t show any stock anywhere in the country. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#367 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   589 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 06 October 2019 - 04:34 PM

Anyone who has seen the TMNT cabs in store mind posting where in the country you're seeing these?  I am not sure I trust my Wal-Marts to even put them out on the floor.  The one I'd think is most likely to get them in first has the Arcade1Up section fully stocked.  Unless there is some direction to put these out on the floor (or if they are stacking them in the middle of an aisle somewhere), I can see them hanging out in the back for a while.

#368 Jeremoog   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   62 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Jeremoog

Posted 06 October 2019 - 04:44 PM

Anyone who has seen the TMNT cabs in store mind posting where in the country you're seeing these? I am not sure I trust my Wal-Marts to even put them out on the floor. The one I'd think is most likely to get them in first has the Arcade1Up section fully stocked. Unless there is some direction to put these out on the floor (or if they are stacking them in the middle of an aisle somewhere), I can see them hanging out in the back for a while.

There were 4 of the TMNT and 1 Marvel at my Walmart in Sequim WA.

#369 jrberger   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   75 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

jrberger

Posted 06 October 2019 - 11:29 PM

Now online!! https://www.walmart....de1UP/875700648

#370 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   589 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 07 October 2019 - 02:19 AM

And my .com order was just marked as "shipped" with tracking info.  

#371 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   1059 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2019 - 01:38 PM

I cancelled my pre-order of the TMNT cab from August 27 and placed a new order for it yesterday.  It is supposed to be available to pick up on Wednesday! 

#372 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14458 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:25 PM

LMAO at the people all hunched over even after riser except for the one chick in front that's probably 5'4. One guy even looks nearsighted the way he's looking at the screen. Ugh, I'd only get this for $200 or less for sure. Can't imagine trying to play this for more than 15 mins without my back killing me.

#373 jrberger   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   75 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

jrberger

Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:12 PM

LMAO at the people all hunched over even after riser except for the one chick in front that's probably 5'4. One guy even looks nearsighted the way he's looking at the screen. Ugh, I'd only get this for $200 or less for sure. Can't imagine trying to play this for more than 15 mins without my back killing me.

My brother's father in law has a couple of them. He has stools to play them. I have never had any issues. I understand they're not for everyone but even for a collector standpoint they're pretty sweet.

#374 Agent Hero   Member, Thrift Shop All-Stars CAGiversary!   259 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Agent Hero

Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:53 PM

There's never been much replay value in those 4-player beat 'em ups anyway.  Sure, they're iconic and everyone loves them, but it's not something you'd play daily.  It's just a fun, pricey novelty.

#375 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2321 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:18 AM

was at new york comic con over this weekend. probably the largest con on this coast. Arcade 1up was there with a massive section. They had multiples of every cabinet there including 6 tmnt ones. They had them for sale there as well so expect the east coast to be flooded with them at Walmarts now.

They also had several bar table tops. The Pacman one & a 10?/12? game Capcom one.
The mini counter top ones were also there.

The Capcom bar table had Darkstarkers 1 on it which isn't on any other cabinet so far. Fighting games splits the screen & mirrors the game.

BTW: i Posted this a day ago but accidentally in the wrong thread lol

#376 dennisb407   Brickseek DN CAGiversary!   6009 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:21 AM

This was at pawn shop the other day

image0.jpg

#377 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4681 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:58 AM

This was at pawn shop the other day

image0.jpg

I had GuilianiCat buy that one for $125 for me from Walmart. I know deals people. Everyone knows it.

#378 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   589 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:48 PM

I saw someone on reddit has picked up the Pac-Man cocktail table.  I so shouldn't get that (if it had Ms. Pac-Man, it would have been ordered).  But, I went to finally pull the trigger on their Pac-Man adjustable stools and noticed they are out of stock at Wal-Mart/Best Buy.  Weird timing.  

#379 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2168 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2019 - 11:30 PM

I saw someone on reddit has picked up the Pac-Man cocktail table.  I so shouldn't get that (if it had Ms. Pac-Man, it would have been ordered).  But, I went to finally pull the trigger on their Pac-Man adjustable stools and noticed they are out of stock at Wal-Mart/Best Buy.  Weird timing.  

It's a sign.

#380 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   1462 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 09 October 2019 - 04:09 AM

LMAO at you being a Negative Nancy. Don't buy it then. I have two cabs with the risers. I'm 6'2" and don't have any issues.

These things are fun to have. Period.

#381 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1250 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2019 - 05:40 AM

LMAO at you being a Negative Nancy. Don't buy it then. I have two cabs with the risers. I'm 6'2" and don't have any issues.

These things are fun to have. Period.

almost same here... 6' even and with riser the cp is at the perfect height for me... for reference, I do own 2 legit arcade cabinets. 1 setup with an MVS and another with my macross arcade board. I wouldn't compare the arcade1up to those 2, but as a toy with a PC i just popped in it, it will be a fun toy :)

#382 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1912 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 09 October 2019 - 01:42 PM

almost same here... 6' even and with riser the cp is at the perfect height for me... for reference, I do own 2 legit arcade cabinets. 1 setup with an MVS and another with my macross arcade board. I wouldn't compare the arcade1up to those 2, but as a toy with a PC i just popped in it, it will be a fun toy :)

Yeah, these things are great options for people.  I finally got to see one put together recently at Walmart, and while it is small the riser helps a ton.  Like the mini consoles these are great for people to have a quick, accessible option for playing some arcade games.  Yes, you can do it better but it takes a ton of know how, time and cost.

My son and I recently built a close to full size Raspberry Pi powered arcade cabinet and it took quite a while and was not an insignificant cost.  I wouldn't trade it for an Arcade1up cabinet, but between the design, woodworking and technical experience to set it up right the requirements are significant.  The idea that you can buy one of these at Walmart and have it ready to go in under an hour (even if you aren't great at putting things together and have zero tech experience) is very desirable.

I had most of the woodworking tools, but still had to buy some forstner bits for the control panel and a router bit for the t-molding which ain't cheap (BTW, I highly recommend https://www.t-molding.com/ for arcade parts if you do go this path or want to upgrade your Arcade1up with Sanwa/HAPP parts, their customer service is excellent and they ship quickly).  Add in the cost of the sticks and buttons, the USB control board, the Raspberry Pi, the monitor, speakers/amp, LED lighting and the good quality plywood and paint and you are well over an Arcade1up even before you factor in your time (even if you enjoy it, your time is still worth something).

#383 DarkonJohn   Growing backlog CAGiversary!   947 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

DarkonJohn

Posted 09 October 2019 - 02:00 PM

Yeah, these things are great options for people. I finally got to see one put together recently at Walmart, and while it is small the riser helps a ton. Like the mini consoles these are great for people to have a quick, accessible option for playing some arcade games. Yes, you can do it better but it takes a ton of know how, time and cost.

My son and I recently built a close to full size Raspberry Pi powered arcade cabinet and it took quite a while and was not an insignificant cost. I wouldn't trade it for an Arcade1up cabinet, but between the design, woodworking and technical experience to set it up right the requirements are significant. The idea that you can buy one of these at Walmart and have it ready to go in under an hour (even if you aren't great at putting things together and have zero tech experience) is very desirable.

I had most of the woodworking tools, but still had to buy some forstner bits for the control panel and a router bit for the t-molding which ain't cheap (BTW, I highly recommend https://www.t-molding.com/ for arcade parts if you do go this path or want to upgrade your Arcade1up with Sanwa/HAPP parts, their customer service is excellent and they ship quickly). Add in the cost of the sticks and buttons, the USB control board, the Raspberry Pi, the monitor, speakers/amp, LED lighting and the good quality plywood and paint and you are well over an Arcade1up even before you factor in your time (even if you enjoy it, your time is still worth something).

I couldn’t agree more. I have a full-size cab running RetroPie and using higher quality buttons and sticks, but it does take a lot of time to learn how to get everything working (and I’m still learning). I have also modded two A1Up cabs. But there is an appeal to many people (including myself) to getting something that works out of the box and can play games you enjoy in a cab that is small enough to be practical and relatively inexpensive yet large enough to be playable.

I do wish they would include more games in each unit and do a better job of picking games that make sense for that screen orientation and control panel, which is why I chose to mod my cabs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#384 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   589 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 09 October 2019 - 04:45 PM

I wonder if Arcade1Up has been getting a bunch of cancellation requests for their exclusive Marvel cabinet given that the standard release has already been showing up at retail.   I just got this e-mail where they made sure to mention why it's worth the wait and how it can't be cancelled:

Congratulations! Your limited-edition Marvel arcade cabinet's delivery process has already begun. You will receive tracking information on your unit within the next few weeks.

They say good things are worth the wait, and they are right. This Arcade1Up.com exclusive Marvel unit features Sanwa Joysticks and Buttons, A light-up marquee, Exclusive artwork featured on the Matching riser and a letter of authenticity. 

Please note that the purchase date of your product has already passed 30 days of a grace period where customers can request a refund or cancel their order as stated on our website

#385 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2321 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2019 - 05:20 PM

I'm pretty sure there are lots of cancelations from regular people who bought it thinking it was the only version. They don't know or care what Sanwa is & rather save some money.

Honestly i don't even think it's worth it. High level play on a mini cabinet? I rather save the money too & just casually play on the casual cabinet. For high level play id stick with a good fight stick on a console/pc or actual full size cabinet.

#386 Dr. Venkman   Body Piercer CAGiversary!   720 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Dr. Venkman

Posted 09 October 2019 - 05:42 PM

My local Wal-Mart (Oregon Coast) had 1 in stock but it wasn't out on the floor; the guy said they were being kept in the back for .com orders, which I thought was weird. Picked it up yesterday despite me having one already, figured it'd be a great Xmas gift for one of my gaming friends. Posted a photo in my local Video Game Chat group we have on Facebook and a member pleaded with me to sell it. Arrived at my house and shoved $750 at me to take it. Wasn't intending to flip it but damn, money talks. Now I have my original machine paid for, time to put it together with my son this weekend. 

For those that don't know: They had to re-record/alter the intro song for the TMNT Arcade Game (Not Turtles in Time). Something to do with rights issues I imagine....for me It's not a deal-breaker but some are crying foul as some do on the internet. 

#387 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   589 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:26 PM

I'm pretty sure there are lots of cancelations from regular people who bought it thinking it was the only version. They don't know or care what Sanwa is & rather save some money.

Honestly i don't even think it's worth it. High level play on a mini cabinet? I rather save the money too & just casually play on the casual cabinet. For high level play id stick with a good fight stick on a console/pc or actual full size cabinet.

The Sanwa joysticks aren't the only difference between the standard and Arcade1Up exclusive.   Not sure how the size changes the "level of play".  

#388 fieryavenger   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   93 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

fieryavenger

Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:30 PM

If you bought the TMNT arcade1up cabinets from Walmart.com be prepared for damage. UPS doesn’t give a shit and Arcade1up just glues the sides of the box instead of taping and glue. a02ec6d14d7848a39555d3ffcc2b6dc4.jpg73331f247c4beba367b3df12259ffcb1.jpgd5e4c573253068765903a4b07fb8327e.jpg5bec5c9244a7b81b5337119cf243340b.jpg9b18cafa1cef4522edaa2208781e6c9c.jpg44c40209712bba243a674f66b6cd7a6b.jpg832cf330df1614ba56de4d829a2640df.jpgc58fc87b83b9fe4c33bd4a765bcd8b59.jpg1a6a17f3523f5adf2c202856f0eb8fac.jpg

#389 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2441 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:56 PM

Of course the delivery company doesn't give a shit. How'd the unit itself fair?

#390 aFrostyONE   Crocketty Year 1 player... where's my Phil Collins overdub&a CAGiversary!   3095 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:01 PM

If you bought the TMNT arcade1up cabinets from Walmart.com be prepared for damage. UPS doesn’t give a shit and Arcade1up just glues the sides of the box instead of taping and glue.
[snip]

Yeah, the 1st gen run of A1Up were pretty much packaged the same way.

There would be tape on the seams  but you were never quite sure if it was original packaging or if WalMart did its own thing, lol.

Hopefully, the insides are undamaged.

The box itself looks to be fatter than the originals too.  Curious if that's only the TMNT units or if all of the 2nd gen units get this.  I'm still mulling over the Star Wars cab.