* * * * - 4 votes

The Arcade1Up Tremendous Deals Thread

#931 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7314 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 02 December 2019 - 01:37 PM

Not sure how long these will last at this price, but Gamestop has the Quarter Arcade 1/4 scale cabs on sale for $99. Galaga is the latest, and retails for $179 direct from Numskull, so this was a sweet deal($149 at GS). My order is already on it's way, so hopefully packaging isn't shit, but only time will tell. Pac-Man is older, and sold out online, as I don't think they ever got a second run of those, but you may find some locally in store if interested. And Ms Pac-Man is due out later this month, but those are $99 as well, so I pre-order that as well, since these are due to retail for $150-$179.

https://www.gamestop...le=best-matches

Didn't know where to post this, as didn't know if it warranted it's own thread, and I could have posted at GS thread, but here seems the most likely crowd of interest. Maybe the front page can get a banner for the Galaga, as that is in stock and shipping. I'm sure the arguments of price and demand will begin, but for the same reasons A1Up has a business, the same goes for Numskull and New Wave Toys. These mini cabs are way cool, and have there market same as anything else, so different strokes for different folks right? LOL

#932 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4331 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:32 PM

Not sure how long these will last at this price, but Gamestop has the Quarter Arcade 1/4 scale cabs on sale for $99. Galaga is the latest, and retails for $179 direct from Numskull, so this was a sweet deal($149 at GS). My order is already on it's way, so hopefully packaging isn't shit, but only time will tell. Pac-Man is older, and sold out online, as I don't think they ever got a second run of those, but you may find some locally in store if interested. And Ms Pac-Man is due out later this month, but those are $99 as well, so I pre-order that as well, since these are due to retail for $150-$179.

https://www.gamestop...le=best-matches

Didn't know where to post this, as didn't know if it warranted it's own thread, and I could have posted at GS thread, but here seems the most likely crowd of interest. Maybe the front page can get a banner for the Galaga, as that is in stock and shipping. I'm sure the arguments of price and demand will begin, but for the same reasons A1Up has a business, the same goes for Numskull and New Wave Toys. These mini cabs are way cool, and have there market same as anything else, so different strokes for different folks right? LOL

I think the mini cabinets are cool for sure, but for the price they are too rich for my blood considering I couldn't see them more than a novelty since the screens are pretty small, I couldn't imagine I would play them all that often. $100 is a fair price though, I think I'd pick one up if I ever came across one on a deep clearance for around $50, at that price I could justify the purchase for what would primarily be a nice display piece. 

#933 Dr. Venkman   Body Piercer CAGiversary!   745 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Dr. Venkman

Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:57 PM

I felt the same way about the Neo-Geo mini arcade that Newegg had for $50 last month.

#934 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7314 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:24 PM

I think the mini cabinets are cool for sure, but for the price they are too rich for my blood considering I couldn't see them more than a novelty since the screens are pretty small, I couldn't imagine I would play them all that often. $100 is a fair price though, I think I'd pick one up if I ever came across one on a deep clearance for around $50, at that price I could justify the purchase for what would primarily be a nice display piece. 

I felt the same way about the Neo-Geo mini arcade that Newegg had for $50 last month.

LOL, yeah, that's my take on the Arcade 1ups as well, and why my buy in for those would be $50, as it's beyond unlikely I would ever turn one on. Even buying one at $50 would more than likely be for my son, as he finds it novel, but I'm sure he would end up playing even less than me. 

I was actually going to grab that Neo Geo Mini at $50 and thought the beter of it, as I probably wouldn't use that much either, so I left it for someone who may want/use it more than me.

#935 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4331 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 05:23 PM

LOL, yeah, that's my take on the Arcade 1ups as well, and why my buy in for those would be $50, as it's beyond unlikely I would ever turn one on. Even buying one at $50 would more than likely be for my son, as he finds it novel, but I'm sure he would end up playing even less than me. 

I was actually going to grab that Neo Geo Mini at $50 and thought the beter of it, as I probably wouldn't use that much either, so I left it for someone who may want/use it more than me.

I picked up a Final Fight Arcade 1Up cabinet and riser and have found myself playing it way more than I would have initially thought that I would. The size isn't a huge issue with the riser. I am not a giant dude either though so it works out well for my Game Room set up. The fact that I paid $200 for the cabinet and riser versus $100 for one of the even smaller cabinets.

#936 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1957 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 09:08 PM

I picked up a Final Fight Arcade 1Up cabinet and riser and have found myself playing it way more than I would have initially thought that I would. The size isn't a huge issue with the riser. I am not a giant dude either though so it works out well for my Game Room set up. The fact that I paid $200 for the cabinet and riser versus $100 for one of the even smaller cabinets.

I agree. I would definitely play this a lot, even though all these games are playable on MAME or compilation discs that can be had for a fraction of the cost of one of these cabinets. Being able to play them on a well-done replica of the original cabinet really adds a lot to it. In fact, the side art of the MSH looks better than the original did (this takes up most of the side, while the original had a small rectangle in the center of the cabinet, similar to Final Fight's design). In the late 90s, you could have had the actual cabinets for these prices. Now that a lot of the people who played these growing up have now reached points in their careers where they are making lots of money, and willing to shell out the bucks for a trip down nostalgia lane (or fulfilling a childhood fantasy), those days are long gone. This is the next best thing. 

• Tyf likes this

#937 Dizzyk2  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:09 PM

If you read Amazon reviews, there's a lot of complaints about joysticks failing, screen's blanking out, circuit boards fried.  That's the only thing holding me back from a $150 Galaga I've been eyeing at Walmart.  Any thoughts on those comments?  I'd hate to spend hours putting it together, only to find out it's bricked.  Then have to tear apart and cart it back to Walmart...LOL.

#938 SunbirdTurbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   88 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

SunbirdTurbo

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:13 PM

If you read Amazon reviews, there's a lot of complaints about joysticks failing, screen's blanking out, circuit boards fried.  That's the only thing holding me back from a $150 Galaga I've been eyeing at Walmart.  Any thoughts on those comments?  I'd hate to spend hours putting it together, only to find out it's bricked.  Then have to tear apart and cart it back to Walmart...LOL.

I'd buy it. I have purchased 4 Arcadef1up (SF2, Space Invaders, Mortal Kombat, Final Fight.)   I've only had some buttons need replacement on the SF2 machine. Galaga is also a wave 2 Arcade1up so the build is a bit better.

#939 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   626 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:37 PM

I am guessing at the cheap price point the buttons are not real Sanwa buttons and just knock offs.  

#940 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2195 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 01:44 AM

Expensive.
https://www.walmart....Namco/366745209

#941 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1957 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 02:35 AM

I am guessing at the cheap price point the buttons are not real Sanwa buttons and just knock offs.  

Supposedly there were limited edition cabinets with Sanwa buttons and light up marquees, but those were more expensive.

#942 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4709 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:04 AM

Received a mail out from Sam's Club, a tremendous club, the very best of clubs I gotta tell you people. It's for the One Day Only Member's Sale on Dec 14th and it says the Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition will be $449 which is $50 off. Which is tremendous, not as tremendous as $100 off, but still tremendous.

#943 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:14 PM

Received a mail out from Sam's Club, a tremendous club, the very best of clubs I gotta tell you people. It's for the One Day Only Member's Sale on Dec 14th and it says the Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition will be $449 which is $50 off. Which is tremendous, not as tremendous as $100 off, but still tremendous.

It’s yuuuuuuge!

#944 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4331 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 01:18 PM

Supposedly there were limited edition cabinets with Sanwa buttons and light up marquees, but those were more expensive.

Yeah the Limited Edition Marvel Cabinet I believe has Sanwa parts. It is fairly easy to replace the buttons on these cabinets especially if you already have a six button configuration. 

#945 avatar94   CAG Addict CAGiversary!   543 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 01:24 PM

The Legends Ultimate is really tempting me. Can anyone who owns one tell me if it could be possible to use just the cabinet top without the base? The assembly video on their website makes it look like it should work. I currently have a homemade MAME Hyperspin countertop that's showing its age. I would love to replace it with one of these but I have 0 extra space. If I could ditch the LU's base with the ugly art and set it up in place of my countertop arcade I might pull the trigger... assuming I can find a friendly friend with a Sam's Club membership I can leech from

#946 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4331 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 02:17 PM

The Legends Ultimate is really tempting me. Can anyone who owns one tell me if it could be possible to use just the cabinet top without the base? The assembly video on their website makes it look like it should work. I currently have a homemade MAME Hyperspin countertop that's showing its age. I would love to replace it with one of these but I have 0 extra space. If I could ditch the LU's base with the ugly art and set it up in place of my countertop arcade I might pull the trigger... assuming I can find a friendly friend with a Sam's Club membership I can leech from

Seems like it would be cheaper to just update your current countertop. 

#947 Emperor Lars XVIII  

Emperor Lars XVIII

Posted 03 December 2019 - 02:30 PM

Some Arcade1up prices at Walmart have gone up. TMNT now $400. Marvel $300.

#948 Dizzyk2  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 02:32 PM

I asked 3 Walmart employees who kept saying everything is out on the floor.  Finally a different one actually went to the back and found a Final Fight, but no Rampage.  For $150 with 4 games??  I grabbed it quick since it was the last one.  I'm gonna be at work all day today thinking about building it tonight...LOL!  

I tried to convince a manager to give me the $299 TMNT for $200 since another Walmart(20 miles away) had it for that price.  They couldn't do it, but suggested I do a Pick up in Store for the other store and reserve it there.  I went into the app and cursed, someone else grabbed the last one in stock.  It originally had stock.  I know one of you here grabbed it!  LOL.  I'm still eyeing the 5 Galaga's for $150 they still had in stock....hmm......

#949 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2540 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:33 PM

.  I'm still eyeing the 5 Galaga's for $150 they still had in stock....hmm......

Now they're $199. :headache:

#950 DarkonJohn   Growing backlog CAGiversary!   974 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

DarkonJohn

Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:37 PM

Now they're $199. :headache:

Yeah, I bought 1 at $199 then bought another online when they dropped to $149 and returned the first in-store. Still think there is a slight chance they will drop to $75, in which case I’ll buy it and then return it as the $150 purchase if I’m still in the return window.

#951 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1957 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:05 PM

I asked 3 Walmart employees who kept saying everything is out on the floor.  Finally a different one actually went to the back and found a Final Fight, but no Rampage.  For $150 with 4 games??  I grabbed it quick since it was the last one.  I'm gonna be at work all day today thinking about building it tonight...LOL!  

I tried to convince a manager to give me the $299 TMNT for $200 since another Walmart(20 miles away) had it for that price.  They couldn't do it, but suggested I do a Pick up in Store for the other store and reserve it there.  I went into the app and cursed, someone else grabbed the last one in stock.  It originally had stock.  I know one of you here grabbed it!  LOL.  I'm still eyeing the 5 Galaga's for $150 they still had in stock....hmm......

I've been unable to reserve anything at the lower prices, or even be able to see the lower prices online. Selecting a different store does not seem to affect the website; the prices are identical.

#952 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1957 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:06 PM

Some Arcade1up prices at Walmart have gone up. TMNT now $400. Marvel $300.

Galaga and Final Fight now up to $200, though the seeker still says there are some available for $149.

#953 avatar94   CAG Addict CAGiversary!   543 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:45 PM

Seems like it would be cheaper to just update your current countertop. 

I really want the spinners and trackball, but I'm thinking I could probably sell it as is and cover most of the cost of the LU, especially if it goes to $449. I've got thousands of arcade and console games on there, but very little I actually care about. I'd sell it to someone who thinks having everything they can imagine is the most amazing thing ever... the way I did several years ago.

#954 Dizzyk2  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 05:04 PM

I bet my local Walmart still has the TMNT for $299 Manager's clearance.  Is that worth it?  They still have a lot of Galaga's as well.  Hopefully those will go on clearance soon too.  LOL.

How are those Pandora machines I see on Amazon all the time for $150?  Worth it?  

#955 Dizzyk2  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 05:17 PM

I've been unable to reserve anything at the lower prices, or even be able to see the lower prices online. Selecting a different store does not seem to affect the website; the prices are identical.

One manager told me to order to pick up online.  When you get to the store, they will price adjust for you at the pick-up register to reflect what's listed as the Manager's special or Clearance for that particular store.  You have to call that store first to confirm the sale price first.  In my instance, they had one left at the store 20 miles away.  It showed up as "In Stock" when I first check it on their app.  After waiting to find a manager and wasting time convincing them to give me the $200 price, the other one was apparently sold since the app now shows, out of stock.  I called again and they confirm it was no longer on the shelf.  Lesson learned. 

#956 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 03 December 2019 - 05:47 PM

One manager told me to order to pick up online. When you get to the store, they will price adjust for you at the pick-up register to reflect what's listed as the Manager's special or Clearance for that particular store. You have to call that store first to confirm the sale price first. In my instance, they had one left at the store 20 miles away. It showed up as "In Stock" when I first check it on their app. After waiting to find a manager and wasting time convincing them to give me the $200 price, the other one was apparently sold since the app now shows, out of stock. I called again and they confirm it was no longer on the shelf. Lesson learned.

I was able to get a $75 Centipede and $100 Golden Tee using the return-rebuy trick.

#957 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2540 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 06:11 PM

I was able to get a $75 Centipede and $100 Golden Tee using the return-rebuy trick.

Dude likes trackballs.

#958 Dr. Venkman   Body Piercer CAGiversary!   745 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Dr. Venkman

Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:30 PM

My local Wal-Mart has an assembled TMNT for $224.99. Final Fight, Marvel and Pac-Man are $199.99 new.

#959 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7644 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:22 PM

Got the last Final Fight for 150 yesterday, nothing is reduced here at all now so glad I did!

#960 montekr   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 12:06 AM

Saratoga Springs in Utah has TMNT for $149. Just picked one up, they have 5 left.