* * * * - 6 votes

The Arcade1Up Tremendous Deals Thread

#1651 Dr. Venkman   Body Piercer CAGiversary!   763 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Dr. Venkman

Posted 11 February 2020 - 06:03 PM

Where at?

Honestly, for modding purposes and even for spare parts, I’d pick up any $75 clearance cabinet.

Coos Bay, Oregon.

#1652 slamoco   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   133 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2020 - 06:12 PM

My local Wal-Mart finally dropped an Arcade 1up to $75...sadly it's the Space Invaders/Color cabinet. If it were Pac-Mac I would have considered it. Anyone here pick up Space Invaders with some feedback?

Did you find that price on brickseek or did you actually see it in the store? Reason I am asking, I went to a Wal-Mart after seeing the price drop to 75 for a Space Invaders on brickseek and the Walmart app for this one store, went there, they didn't have them on the shelf but had several in the back. Got a guy to bring one out and it wouldn't ring up because they had been tagged defective and were going to be shipped back. Got the manager over and he couldn't ring it up because of the way it was in the system. Shame, they wanted to sell them but could not actually do it.

#1653 Dr. Venkman   Body Piercer CAGiversary!   763 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Dr. Venkman

Posted 11 February 2020 - 06:26 PM

Did you find that price on brickseek or did you actually see it in the store? Reason I am asking, I went to a Wal-Mart after seeing the price drop to 75 for a Space Invaders on brickseek and the Walmart app for this one store, went there, they didn't have them on the shelf but had several in the back. Got a guy to bring one out and it wouldn't ring up because they had been tagged defective and were going to be shipped back. Got the manager over and he couldn't ring it up because of the way it was in the system. Shame, they wanted to sell them but could not actually do it.

It's tagged at $75 in-store; there's a few of them there. I didn't pick it up because I have 6 at the moment and it seemed like overkill for the two very simplistic games it offers. 

#1654 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   443 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2020 - 07:36 PM

It's tagged at $75 in-store; there's a few of them there. I didn't pick it up because I have 6 at the moment and it seemed like overkill for the two very simplistic games it offers.

Every clearance cab I’ve ever come across was not at all labeled in the store. That would be a first for me.

#1655 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1526 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:14 AM

I bought space invaders this morning to mod with an rpie I already have. Got buttons and sticks and a controller and everything. I think all I need is that hdmi converter.

#1656 Oysterhead00  

Oysterhead00

Posted 12 February 2020 - 02:28 PM

Looks like "most" Wal-Mart's by me have lowered the Final Fight one to $100.  Only a few actually have it in stock, but brickseek is listing it as $100 at almost all of them and the Walmart app confirmed one in stock at that price (didn't check the others that had it in stock because I didn't want to be tempted to pick one up).

#1657 sfabo   bro CAGiversary!   848 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2020 - 02:34 PM

I've got an old Raspberry Pi 3 laying around.

Can I get any Arcade1up cabinet and mod it?

Or is there a specific one I should be looking for

#1658 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1526 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2020 - 02:38 PM

Been trying to figure this out also. I think any will work, but some have speakers in different places or may require a different hdmi converter?

#1659 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3014 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2020 - 02:58 PM

I bought space invaders this morning to mod with an rpie I already have. Got buttons and sticks and a controller and everything. I think all I need is that hdmi converter.

If I bought one, it would be for the same reason and like you I already have a retropi setup, sticks/buttons/usb-converter, and would just need the hdmi converter.  I'd probably need a power switch just to turn it all off when I'm done.

#1660 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1281 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2020 - 05:44 PM

Looks like "most" Wal-Mart's by me have lowered the Final Fight one to $100.  Only a few actually have it in stock, but brickseek is listing it as $100 at almost all of them and the Walmart app confirmed one in stock at that price (didn't check the others that had it in stock because I didn't want to be tempted to pick one up).

must not look at brickseek, must not look at brickseek.... I looked, no one around me has them at that price, which is good as I should be saving at the moment....

#1661 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   443 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2020 - 05:51 PM

ANY.

The biggest difference in the cabinet you pick is the artwork, the control panel, and the monitor.

If fully gutting, decide based on artwork. If you wanna reuse the monitor, decide based on artwork and monitor.

If you don’t want to drill holes for new controls, decide based on control panel. That’s why a lot of people love the street fighter for modding since it’s all set up for 2 players.

Edit: I’ve modded a Galaga (complete got job, kept only the cabinet itself) and a pacman (replaced control panel with new control panel but matched the pacman design).

#1662 doctorwolf   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   104 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

doctorwolf

Posted 12 February 2020 - 06:12 PM

The biggest difference in the cabinet you pick is the artwork, the control panel, and the monitor.

So basically, the entire thing.

#1663 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   443 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2020 - 06:12 PM

So basically, the entire thing.

Nope.

#1664 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1281 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2020 - 10:34 PM

ANY.

If fully gutting, decide based on artwork. If you wanna reuse the monitor, decide based on artwork and monitor.

If you don’t want to drill holes for new controls, decide based on control panel. That’s why a lot of people love the street fighter for modding since it’s all set up for 2 players.

Edit: I’ve modded a Galaga (complete got job, kept only the cabinet itself) and a pacman (replaced control panel with new control panel but matched the pacman design).

Did this with the space invaders I got for $75. Still slightly incomplete as I need to design a 2 player variant of the artwork and then order a new CP, but it has a PC and loaded with nothing but vertical shmups and other vertical games! Planning for a 2 player 4 button CP layout. Too bad the viewing angles aren't the greatest.

#1665 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   443 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2020 - 12:56 AM

Did this with the space invaders I got for $75. Still slightly incomplete as I need to design a 2 player variant of the artwork and then order a new CP, but it has a PC and loaded with nothing but vertical shmups and other vertical games! Planning for a 2 player 4 button CP layout. Too bad the viewing angles aren't the greatest.

Did you check out diyretroarcade.com ? Awesome site. Ordered both my panels from them.

#1666 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1526 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:29 AM

Yeha I definitely plan on getting the cp from them. I'll get the plain one and paint it black and put the plexi overlay on. I do have a cricut machine I could probably stick some space invaders vinyl to as well.

#1667 wratih9   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   368 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2020 - 03:54 PM

The Final Fight cabinet might be the first one I finally pick up. All the immediate Walmarts to me have it at $199.99 right now so I'm not sure how long I should wait before I pull the trigger. Either way I guess I'll be watching it closer knowing other stores in area have dropped it to $99.

#1668 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1281 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:09 PM

Did you check out diyretroarcade.com ? Awesome site. Ordered both my panels from them.

I did, but need to design what I want 1st. I want to keep the motif of the cab, which will be a pain (for me)

#1669 jrc84  

Posted 14 February 2020 - 01:13 PM

We really want to pick up a Galaga cab, anyone ever see these clearance? I've only seen a Centipede showing $75 online anywhere close to where I've been.

#1670 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3014 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2020 - 02:59 PM

We really want to pick up a Galaga cab, anyone ever see these clearance? I've only seen a Centipede showing $75 online anywhere close to where I've been.

I've seen em clearanced to $150... but not $75.

#1671 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   443 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2020 - 05:18 PM

I scored a Galaga $75 last year.

#1672 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   659 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2020 - 10:14 PM

Welp I have found my 4th and (hopefully) final arcade cabinet.

WjiWDMx.jpg

The left gun isn't working and the right one is cracked, but I'm getting (what I think) a very good deal on it.  It's less than the retail TMNT A1up is. 

Worst case with the gun that doesn't work is a chip on the JAMMA board is messed up, and the worst case is that I'd have to buy a whole new board.  However people can replace the chip on the board too but I can't as it's an IC chip.  Best case is it's just a lose wire or something like a burnt out board.  

And the cracked gun isn't a big deal.  I may be getting some casings from this one guy for $25 anyways so they will be brand new.

I plan on putting a switcher in there with 5-6 light gun games.  The first thing I'm doing though is getting the kit to convert it to an Area 51/Max Force combo board.

#1673 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2222 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2020 - 11:23 PM

I got one for $50 once, but that Walmart has since raised the price to $199.

#1674 SunbirdTurbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   128 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

SunbirdTurbo

Posted 15 February 2020 - 07:41 PM

I got a Galaga w/ riser for $139 at TJ Max a month ago. Look back around fathers day. I also saw Pacman and Golden Tee but thsoe got bought for $199 price

#1675 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   659 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 08:40 PM

Ended up getting this way quicker than expected lol. Went this morning with my moms van and just had some buddies help me get it out of the van and into my house.  Will be a little bit before I move it into my basement.

Mfb0Zck.jpg

#1676 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4734 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2020 - 04:21 AM

Picked up a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cab for $175 at Walmart in Canyon, TX. I think that's a pretty good deal considering they come with custom risers. Walmart seems to have massively overstocked these. They had 8 more of them there along with one Galaxian and one Marvel cab at full price. All the other stores here in Amarillo show 6+ stock on Brickseek. 

#1677 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1990 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2020 - 05:11 AM

Picked up a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cab for $175 at Walmart in Canyon, TX. I think that's a pretty good deal considering they come with custom risers. Walmart seems to have massively overstocked these. They had 8 more of them there along with one Galaxian and one Marvel cab at full price. All the other stores here in Amarillo show 6+ stock on Brickseek. 

I'd probably bite at that price. $199 was the lowest it ever got around me. Probably worth it at that price, but I waited for a bigger drop, which never came. All cabinets are back to full retail once we got out of the holiday season, except a $75 Centipede, which wasn't at the store. Just as well, as I don't have much space for this - room for one or two more cabinets, tops.

#1678 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   1503 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 16 February 2020 - 08:34 AM

I'm pretty sure my closest store only has one and it's still sitting at $400.

A Walmart a little over an hour from me showed they had a Rampage cabinet for $199. I couldn't find one anywhere else. The wife stopped by there for me the other day after work and of course, not there. They said all of the Arcade 1Up units they had were on the floor and all they had were a few MK ones and I think TMNT ones.

#1679 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   443 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2020 - 01:56 PM

That’s a great price. All the stores by me have a few of them and all at full price.

#1680 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   659 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2020 - 06:30 PM

I feel like a boss. I just fixed the broken gun on my Maximum Force cabinet.

I opened it up and it was clear what was wrong - the wire wasn't plugged into the PCB inside the gun.

So I plugged it in, and then when I fired I saw the screen flash but it wasn't registering. It was like just blinking like you are shooting off screen, but it wasn't making sounds like gun firing or anything.

So I opened it back up and saw one of the 2 pins connecting the infrared light to the PCB had become desoldered. So I busted out the soldering iron and soldered it. Put it all back together and now the broken gun is working perfectly. I do want to get a new trigger spring though or microswitch, because you have to pull the trigger almost all the way to get it to register. The other gun is a lot more lenient which I like.

So I got a fully working Maximum Force cab that is like an A- as far as cosmetics go, for $300. Can't complain about that.

(Sorry for the off topic arcade cab talk, but again, this thread is the reason I got it)