* * * * - 6 votes

The Arcade1Up Tremendous Deals Thread

#1741 KrAzY3   The 3 is silent. CAGiversary!   658 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2020 - 06:58 AM

Yeah to reiterate what's already been said, AtGames made it as easy as possible to add games. There's even more than one way to do it (you can stream from your PC for instance, the cab even can connect to a RasberryPi now)

That's one reason why their product is so much better. Not only did they make it physically better, using better materials, but they saw to it was much more consumer friendly as well. It really changed my attitude about both AtGames (they've made a lot of crap in the past) and Arcade1Up. It just shows that Arcade1Up could have easily gone further to be more consumer friendly.

I love how the Marvel cab looks (but really that's not Arcade1Up's doing) and I do think the Star Wars cab fills a niche. But for the most part, their machines are just intentionally stunted products to the point that I have one $75 cab (Asteroids) I regret buying, and I actually passed up on two others at the same price (Space Invaders and Galaga). They're just not what they could have been...

#1742 girlracer99lude  

girlracer99lude

Posted 25 February 2020 - 07:44 AM

the problem with atgames cab is there is actually none in stock anywhere unless you count ebay

#1743 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   1513 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 25 February 2020 - 08:58 AM

https://www.atgames....cades/features/

I'm confused? The link shows they're sold at Walmart but all I see when I try to search are Arcade 1Up cabs.

#1744 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7395 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:28 AM

I'm confused? The link shows they're sold at Walmart but all I see when I try to search are Arcade 1Up cabs.

As others have stated, they have been pretty much out of stock since the holidays, so while probably a better choice, not really, as you can't currently buy one.

#1745 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   716 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:44 PM

As others have stated, they have been pretty much out of stock since the holidays, so while probably a better choice, not really, as you can't currently buy one.

The stock shortage is a total bummer...though I wouldn’t settle for a MSRP Arcade1up unless I was razor focused on a specific replica cab.

Otherwise, the legends ultimate at the $450 I paid was well worth it and I wouldn’t even consider buying and modding a clearance priced Arcade1up over it.

Just play retro games on a pi until they come back in stock.

#1746 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   445 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2020 - 02:15 PM

This Was At Marshalls In Puerto Rico.

20200224_182618.jpg

I hope you say WAS because it is now currently in your house.

#1747 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3024 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2020 - 02:21 PM

I'm waiting out the Legends Ultimate shortage.  I like that it has pretty much all the main control methods built in without the need to mod it.

#1748 KrAzY3   The 3 is silent. CAGiversary!   658 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2020 - 02:32 PM

the problem with atgames cab is there is actually none in stock anywhere unless you count ebay

My statements about their cab are not necessarily that you should go out and buy one. It just makes at Arcade1Up has done pale in comparison. It also makes the increased prices look somewhat ridiculous. We're discussing $500 products here and the  Arcade1Up end of the spectrum is worse in pretty much every imaginable way except aesthetic.

So if AtGames does come back, and somehow manages to do some cabs with licensed art, then there would be no reason whatsoever to bother with Arcade1Up and that situation is all Arcade1Up's doing, by releasing products with extremely limited features and games (and having dubious quality and customer service, I have a cab someone covered a scratch on with a marker, and packed it up like nothing was wrong).

#1749 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   716 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2020 - 03:56 PM

My statements about their cab are not necessarily that you should go out and buy one. It just makes at Arcade1Up has done pale in comparison. It also makes the increased prices look somewhat ridiculous. We're discussing $500 products here and the  Arcade1Up end of the spectrum is worse in pretty much every imaginable way except aesthetic.

So if AtGames does come back, and somehow manages to do some cabs with licensed art, then there would be no reason whatsoever to bother with Arcade1Up and that situation is all Arcade1Up's doing, by releasing products with extremely limited features and games (and having dubious quality and customer service, I have a cab someone covered a scratch on with a marker, and packed it up like nothing was wrong).

I stated this earlier, but will state again since I find it to be a significant benefit that gets overlooked...the legends ultimate has a nice slim profile that doesn't take up more depth (ie sticking out into the room) than it needs and fits perfectly in my home office.

I have been wanting one of the monster arcade slim profile cabs for quite sometime, but have never pulled the trigger because of shipping costs since they don't flat pack. This machine is a great compromise at 1/4 the cost.

It's not perfect by any means, but again the value proposition is quite good imo

#1750 soonerdoc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   652 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:37 AM

I stated this earlier, but will state again since I find it to be a significant benefit that gets overlooked...the legends ultimate has a nice slim profile that doesn't take up more depth (ie sticking out into the room) than it needs and fits perfectly in my home office.

I have been wanting one of the monster arcade slim profile cabs for quite sometime, but have never pulled the trigger because of shipping costs since they don't flat pack. This machine is a great compromise at 1/4 the cost.

It's not perfect by any means, but again the value proposition is quite good imo

Agree. Was fortunate to run out and buy one of these in November when TrumpCat first mentioned it in this thread. Sold my 2 A1Ups right after. This thing does everything and does it well. I would wait it out unless you love the idea of a mini arcade with multiple cabs (kinda cool) or just love the art. 

#1751 KrAzY3   The 3 is silent. CAGiversary!   658 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:29 PM

Don't forget to check Facebook marketplace to, I see them posted regularly by flippers but looks like I'm picking up an assembled Final Fight cab this evening for $50.

#1752 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   1513 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted Today, 01:25 AM

That's a shame. I don't know how I missed out on them initially? They seem like an amazing deal.

#1753 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7395 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted Today, 02:50 AM

That's a shame. I don't know how I missed out on them initially? They seem like an amazing deal.

Yeah, I saw it here a ton at the time, and many of the Youtube tech guys I follow covered it, so that's the only reason I knew about it(then or now for that matter). Looked like a pretty solid offering for the price if this home-cade trend is your thing, as it pretty much covers all the bases.