* * * * - 4 votes

The Arcade1Up Tremendous Deals Thread

#241 Sugar Rush   Sugar Rush CAG in Training   5 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Sugar Rush

Posted 09 August 2019 - 04:02 PM

Just as an FYI, for those willing to roll the dice or if they want to get a bunch of machines at once, directliquidation dot com has daily auctions with these machines as customer returns. I only want one machine so I'm waiting for the "next big sale" but you can nab a good auction here with a bunch of different cabs.

PS: Make sure you search Arcade1Up in the search bar.

PSS: If you are in the North New Jersey, US area and you win one of these auctions, please let me know and I'll buy a non-working cab, you can take all the guts/cp/monitor/etc, just need the frame.

• TrumpCat likes this

#242 gorgo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   873 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2019 - 06:21 PM

Just as an FYI, for those willing to roll the dice or if they want to get a bunch of machines at once, directliquidation dot com has daily auctions with these machines as customer returns. I only want one machine so I'm waiting for the "next big sale" but you can nab a good auction here with a bunch of different cabs.

PSS: If you are in the North New Jersey, US area and you win one of these auctions, please let me know and I'll buy a non-working cab, you can take all the guts/cp/monitor/etc, just need the frame.

That’s pretty cool... some decent prices if even a few on a palette work. Thanks!

#243 gorgo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   873 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2019 - 06:23 PM

I finally caved and got the $50 replacement knob for Tempest/Major Havoc on the Asteroids cabinet.

What a difference! Tempest plays better than I’ve probably ever experienced. Major Havoc is also better, but since it’s actually designed to play with an x-axis trackball it’s still a bit off. That game is hard AF.

#244 goateesox   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   90 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2019 - 06:43 PM

err, brickseek failed me.  Said they have 3 in stock locally,  all came up empyrt handed (was trying to get a $75 asteroids or Centipede due to price). WIll get a TMNT later this year. interested in Final Fight but not for $300. 

#245 gorgo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   873 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2019 - 07:11 PM

err, brickseek failed me. Said they have 3 in stock locally, all came up empyrt handed (was trying to get a $75 asteroids or Centipede due to price). WIll get a TMNT later this year. interested in Final Fight but not for $300.

Sadly that’s pretty common. However if that’s the in store price folks say you can order it, ship to store, and return and rebuy it at pickup to get the lower price.
  • TrumpCat likes this

#246 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   324 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2019 - 01:55 AM

Sadly that’s pretty common. However if that’s the in store price folks say you can order it, ship to store, and return and rebuy it at pickup to get the lower price.

Yep. Did that with my $75 galaga a few weeks ago.

Speaking of which, my custom control panel and artwork came in for it yesterday too. Bought from diyretroarcade and had a great experience. Will eventually replace the bezel, front panel, and marquee. If anyone is interested, here it is:

http://imgur.com/a/m6MAN5h

I just used what buttons I had laying around and didn’t wire anything yet. I have more white buttons comping in tomorrow- the 2 red buttons on the top right and the 2 extra green buttons will be swapped with white. The second joystick on the right will likely be replaced with just a button, still undecided on that one.
  • TrumpCat likes this

#247 Sugar Rush   Sugar Rush CAG in Training   5 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Sugar Rush

Posted 12 August 2019 - 01:00 PM

Speaking of which, my custom control panel and artwork came in for it yesterday too. Bought from diyretroarcade and had a great experience. Will eventually replace the bezel, front panel, and marquee. If anyone is interested, here it is:

I just used what buttons I had laying around and didn’t wire anything yet. I have more white buttons comping in tomorrow- the 2 red buttons on the top right and the 2 extra green buttons will be swapped with white. The second joystick on the right will likely be replaced with just a button, still undecided on that one.

So just to fact check, you bought the cab online, sent it to a store with zero stock, and got a price adjustment? I might try that myself then.

#248 gorgo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   873 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:12 PM

http://imgur.com/a/m6MAN5h

Very nice!

#249 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   324 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2019 - 05:40 PM

So just to fact check, you bought the cab online, sent it to a store with zero stock, and got a price adjustment? I might try that myself then.

Kind of. Here’s exactly what happened:

Looked on brickseek one day. Store had 6 in stock out of nowhere. Went on Walmart.com and it actually let me order for in store pickup at the $75. Walmart sucks, so a full day later I get an email that it’s no longer in stock (clearly someone bought all 6 in the last 24 hours. This particular Walmart sucks at in store pickup). Email says order delayed. A few days later I get another email saying it was shipped to the store and they have it now.

I go in, pick it up, chat with the guy at pickup counter about the $75, says no big deal it should automatically change to the $75. Pickup complete, I get my email receipt and it’s the full $300. I push my cart 10 feet over to service desk, kindly explain to the woman (who was actually friendly and nice, I was shocked) about the $75. She looks it up in system. Says ok. Let’s do a return rebuy.

We do. I get it for $76. Everyone is happy. Easy peasy.
  • Taijipanda likes this

#250 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1035 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2019 - 06:00 PM

Looked on brickseek one day. Store had 6 in stock out of nowhere. Went on Walmart.com and it actually let me order for in store pickup at the $75. Walmart sucks, so a full day later I get an email that it’s no longer in stock (clearly someone bought all 6 in the last 24 hours. This particular Walmart sucks at in store pickup). Email says order delayed. A few days later I get another email saying it was shipped to the store and they have it now.

I go in, pick it up, chat with the guy at pickup counter about the $75, says no big deal it should automatically change to the $75. Pickup complete, I get my email receipt and it’s the full $300. I push my cart 10 feet over to service desk, kindly explain to the woman (who was actually friendly and nice, I was shocked) about the $75. She looks it up in system. Says ok. Let’s do a return rebuy.

Same for me, except I read the above story and deliberately did what they kind of stumbled into.

#251 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2426 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:00 PM

Trying this out now. First hit is https://www.directli...urns-arcade1up/

Someone is paying $2000 for five used Arcade1Up cabinets? Uhhh

#252 gorgo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   873 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:42 PM

Yeah some of those do seem high. ESP when you don’t know if they work.

#253 Sugar Rush   Sugar Rush CAG in Training   5 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Sugar Rush

Posted 12 August 2019 - 10:25 PM

Looked on brickseek one day. Store had 6 in stock out of nowhere. Went on Walmart and it actually let me order for in store pickup at the $75. Walmart sucks, so a full day later I get an email that it’s no longer in stock (clearly someone bought all 6 in the last 24 hours. This particular Walmart sucks at in store pickup). Email says order delayed. A few days later I get another email saying it was shipped to the store and they have it now.

Got it. Here's step by step what I did. I bought an Asteroids cabinet from a Walmart near me for $199.00. I took that cab to another Walmart where Brickseek had the price set at $75 where they laughed me off and said they couldn't do any type of return/rebuy with merchandise from another store. I left. I went to another Walmart . . . they said something similar but argued that the price wasn't $75. I got tired of shenanigans so I just went back to my car, took out my cab, brought it into the store, returned it for full price back, then asked if I could rebuy it from the store. The lady said, and I quote "Yea I guess you can". She rung it up, it was $75, and I got my deal.

What I learned is that there is a chance that this could work with a Ship To Store where there is zero stock as long as Brickseek or the main Walmart site shows it at $75. You might have to Walmart hop until you find someone to do this and hopefully you live in a highly Walmart populated region like myself where you can get to 10 different Walmarts in 30 minutes. Just to be clear this method is not allowed and is by no means a slam dunk, but hey it's zero risk. Worst case scenario, you just return the cab . . . didn't work . . . oh well. I'd be interested to see if this works for anyone else.

• Taijipanda likes this

#254 GameRTR  

Posted 12 August 2019 - 10:42 PM

I hope I can find the Pac Man cab for a sale price once the new ones release

#255 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   324 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2019 - 12:14 AM

Same for me, except I read the above story and deliberately did what they kind of stumbled into.

To be honest, it’s pretty much what I expected to happen after the pickup got delayed. I also expected to have to argue but was pleasantly surprised that both people I talked to were nice and helpful. I really didn’t need or even want that cabinet, but at $75 it was worth a shot. If they wouldn’t give it to me for $75, I’d have just walked away. Happy it worked out.

Got it. Here's step by step what I did. I bought an Asteroids cabinet from a Walmart near me for $199.00. I took that cab to another Walmart where Brickseek had the price set at $75 where they laughed me off and said they couldn't do any type of return/rebuy with merchandise from another store. I left. I went to another Walmart . . . they said something similar but argued that the price wasn't $75. I got tired of shenanigans so I just went back to my car, took out my cab, brought it into the store, returned it for full price back, then asked if I could rebuy it from the store. The lady said, and I quote "Yea I guess you can".

Many places play the “we can’t let you buy something you just returned” card so that’s always a crap shoot. One target by me is extremely strict with things like that and price matching and such. Won’t let you return/rebuy. My response to that is that I won’t shop in that store.
  • hauz20 and Taijipanda like this

#256 Sugar Rush   Sugar Rush CAG in Training   5 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Sugar Rush

Posted 14 August 2019 - 05:59 PM

Just have to keep hunting/waiting, here's one that sold for something reasonable:

https://www.directli...rns-arcade-1up/

and this one

https://www.directli...rns-arcade-1up/

and this one

https://www.directli...urns-arcade1up/

so just have to keep on it . . . if you plan on actually doing it. It looks like there are different deals every couple days.

#257 gorgo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   873 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:05 PM

Nice... shipping is a lot, but if you can sell a few you should make your $$ back and then some.

#258 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11349 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:19 PM

Just a heads up, if you were looking into getting one of the Mortal Kombat cabinets, apparently Walmart is pulling them/has pulled them due to "violent nature".

#259 Sugar Rush   Sugar Rush CAG in Training   5 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Sugar Rush

Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:52 PM

Just a heads up, if you were looking into getting one of the Mortal Kombat cabinets, apparently Walmart is pulling them/has pulled them due to "violent nature".

What a time to be alive, guess it's better for kids to be playing with these:

https://www.walmart....-Combo/44680701

and

https://www.walmart....Pistol/49303099

Rather than this Arcade1Up Mortal Kombat:

https://www.walmart....usive/562017574

What's wrong with this planet? I grew up playing Splatterhouse, Wolfenstein, and Doom . . . so far, 0 kills IRL. 

#260 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   967 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 03:17 PM

They gonna pull cowboy, cop, war, gangsta and mob movies as well? Desperately pointing everywhere.

#261 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10118 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 03:26 PM

I'm glad I don't shop at Walmart, sucks about MK though. =/ Like a 10 year old is really going to buy an expensive cabinet like that. Maybe they should impose a dress code in the store and not let ghetto people in as well.

#262 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   950 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 15 August 2019 - 03:30 PM

In MK3 Liu Kang has a fatality where a Mortal Kombat cabinet crushes his opponent to death. Because of the Arcade1Ups' smaller size people might actually try that.

• TrumpCat likes this

#263 FuRiiaN  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 04:21 PM

Arcade1up Stools in stock at best buy

I can't post a link because I'm new I don't have three posts

I purchased all 4 they had on-site
  • TrumpCat likes this

#264 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2426 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 04:53 PM

Arcade1up Stools in stock at best buy

I can't post a link because I'm new I don't have three posts

I purchased all 4 they had on-site

Interesting. So those stools and light up marquee's are from Arcade1Up? I couldn't find them mentioned on arcade1up.com at all.

https://www.bestbuy....s=960&keys=keys

That sucks since MK is a WM exclusive, at least per the wm.com product listing.

• FuRiiaN likes this

#265 zuldane  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 06:26 PM

Interesting. So those stools and light up marquee's are from Arcade1Up? I couldn't find them mentioned on arcade1up.com at all.

The owner's manual .pdf linked in the description of the stool is produced by Arcade1Up so seems to be their product.

• n64ra likes this

#266 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4246 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 07:40 PM

Wal-Mart is such a dumb company. They sell actual guns in those stores!

#267 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   967 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 08:31 PM

They sell alcohol and cigarettes too. Welcome to the nascent theocracy.

#268 Jurai  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 08:41 PM

the MK cabinet is in stock from walmart.com for shipping so idk

• elvis731 likes this

#269 elvis731   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   468 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 08:58 PM

the MK cabinet is in stock from walmart.com for shipping so idk

Interesting, when I was looking earlier it wasn't.

#270 Jurai  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:03 PM

Interesting, when I was looking earlier it wasn't.

yeah idk, the site is also showing me local stores with stock, maybe they reversed on it