* * * * - 6 votes

The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread. Renamed by a beautiful Executive Order. Believe me.

#481 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   1090 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2019 - 01:48 PM

Picked up rampage, just for gauntlet, for 154 in Sacramento.  Is the 39 price for the riser a good price or is that retail?

$39 is close to retail.  They're typically $44 each at my local Walmart, though one day there were randomly on clearance for $11 each (but back up to $44 a few days later).  I've seen pictures online of people finding them for $9 or even $5, too.

#482 elvis731   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   497 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:24 PM

Went in search of a $154 SFII cab yesterday with zero luck again.  No cabs on sale anywhere with the exception of a Galaga for $225, which wasn't low enough for me to bite.  Once again Brickseek proved useless.  

#483 Madzane  

Posted 21 October 2019 - 06:27 PM

Found the Street Fighter cab for $100. I’m really out of the loop on the Arcade1up line, can these be modded for other titles?

#484 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3306 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2019 - 06:39 PM

Yep, already own it. LOL

Yeah, the work involved didn't have much to do with the game, so much as it's a collectible I own and wanted to display it in my gameroom/mancave. As I stated, these old games for me are about authenticity, and CH had some unique features, the most important one being this was probably the most well received LD game, that never saw a home translation. I can actually run this through "Daphne" emulation on a few portable devices I own, so it was never to much about playing the game, so much as it was about honoring a cool game from a genre I love.

Gotta give props to a fellow fan of Cliff Hangar.  To think, that was my introduction to Lupin the 3rd... my favorite Anime.

#485 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2244 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2019 - 07:48 PM

Found the Street Fighter cab for $100. I’m really out of the loop on the Arcade1up line, can these be modded for other titles?

Yes. This video explain the standard process very well. It's not as simple as loading more games onto the stock unit, but the process isn't complicated:

#486 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7622 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 22 October 2019 - 12:25 AM

Gotta give props to a fellow fan of Cliff Hangar.  To think, that was my introduction to Lupin the 3rd... my favorite Anime.

Yeah, my son is a sponge for all things classic video gaming at this point(loves to read old gaming info), so he was very interested in the story of how Cliff Hanger came to be. I told him at the time of it's release, the gaming public at large had no idea this was based on a Japanese Anime, and it was my first introduction to the series as well. Sadly, for the same reason this title is of interest to fans, is the same reason we'll never see a home version......licensing limbo! LOL

#487 LakersHater   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   84 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

LakersHater

Posted 22 October 2019 - 12:35 AM

Anybody in Los Angeles know of any Walmart that has the Arcade1up on sale for 75? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For real! Not a single Walmart near me in Southern Cali has these listed for anything less than retail on brickseek. These clearance prices must be exclusive to the south and Midwest states. Gotta live in the boonies to get a deal on these.

#488 andrew.torres1017  

andrew.torres1017

Posted 22 October 2019 - 12:47 AM

For real! Not a single Walmart near me in Southern Cali has these listed for anything less than retail on brickseek. These clearance prices must be exclusive to the south and Midwest states. Gotta live in the boonies to get a deal on these.

Right? I guess it’s time to take a road trip lol

#489 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2535 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2019 - 12:51 AM

i saw a few mod videos on these and they all involved tossing out the original 1up board.
Is there really no easy or cheap way to toggle between booting from the original 1up board or a R pi on the fly?

#490 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2244 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:18 AM

Yeah, my son is a sponge for all things classic video gaming at this point(loves to read old gaming info), so he was very interested in the story of how Cliff Hanger came to be. I told him at the time of it's release, the gaming public at large had no idea this was based on a Japanese Anime, and it was my first introduction to the series as well. Sadly, for the same reason this title is of interest to fans, is the same reason we'll never see a home version......licensing limbo! LOL

I'm assuming y'all aren't talking about Cliffhanger for the Sega CD?
https://en.wikipedia...er_(video_game)

#491 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7622 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:03 AM

I'm assuming y'all aren't talking about Cliffhanger for the Sega CD?
https://en.wikipedia...er_(video_game)

Yeah, not that garbage game, but this garbage game(LOL): https://en.wikipedia...er_(video_game)

#492 Indiana Jones   Yippie kai yay! CAGiversary!   2423 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Indiana Jones

Posted 22 October 2019 - 04:10 AM

Does anyone know how Brickseek works, exactly? I know they don't have exact numbers or prices since they're a third party. But the other week it said one cabinet was limited inventory when they had none, and then suddenly the number of stock jumped up this week but their actual inventory never changed from zero.

#493 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2535 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2019 - 04:31 AM

yea brickseeker has turned into a complete crap shoot for every store ever since they had that fight with Target. Before that they were pretty accurate always.

#494 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   577 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:52 AM

Looks like brickseek updated today. Some cabs that were $150 yesterday I’m seeing for $75 today. I see a couple up street fighters and rampages for $75 in NJ.

#495 eminemobied12   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1101 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

eminemobied12

Posted 23 October 2019 - 01:11 AM

Looks like brickseek updated today. Some cabs that were $150 yesterday I’m seeing for $75 today. I see a couple up street fighters and rampages for $75 in NJ.

South?
I picked up a Rampage cabinet for 75 today. When I left for the store it was 154 on BS, when I got there it dropped to 74.

#496 Indiana Jones   Yippie kai yay! CAGiversary!   2423 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Indiana Jones

Posted 23 October 2019 - 02:41 AM

I took a peek and Brickseek is telling me that my store which doesn't have Rampage or Street Fighter in stock (but Brickseek insists they do) has them down to $75 too.

All the other Walmarts in the area show full price.

#497 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   577 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2019 - 02:44 AM

South?
I picked up a Rampage cabinet for 75 today. When I left for the store it was 154 on BS, when I got there it dropped to 74.

Central. Manville has some in stock. Bayonne has a bunch “limited.”

I’m done buying arcade1ups unless I come across a massive clearance for golden tee or Star Wars. I have my 2 fully modded cabinets (a pacman with a pi and a Galaga with a launchbox pc) and I still have a full size 1983 cocktail cab I’m working on. I just like finding these clearanced for friends and family.

#498 eminemobied12   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1101 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

eminemobied12

Posted 23 October 2019 - 03:05 AM

Central. Manville has some in stock. Bayonne has a bunch “limited.”

I’m done buying arcade1ups unless I come across a massive clearance for golden tee or Star Wars. I have my 2 fully modded cabinets (a pacman with a pi and a Galaga with a launchbox pc) and I still have a full size 1983 cocktail cab I’m working on. I just like finding these clearanced for friends and family.

I bought 2 on the floor at Bayonne. Didnt ask if anymore were in the back, but they usually dont have any. Bought one for work and one for myself. When I purchased my 2, BS claimed 3-4 in stock. Then went Limited. Same with street fighter, but I think the limited is the display models, they have a SF2 and a Rampage on display.

#499 Hairlesswookiee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   108 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Hairlesswookiee

Posted 23 October 2019 - 11:08 AM

I took a peek and Brickseek is telling me that my store which doesn't have Rampage or Street Fighter in stock (but Brickseek insists they do) has them down to $75 too.

All the other Walmarts in the area show full price.

I'm so confused. I drove out to one of the stores last week that showed it at $150 and when I got there I walked around for 15 minutes hoping it was put in an aisle somewhere with the marked down price. I grabbed one of the employees and he told me they haven't had a Street Fighter in weeks, but they had plenty of the PacMan for $150 (sorry, I'm not really interested in PacMan even on sale). BrickSeek still shows it in stock at this store, but now it's for the $75 dollar price. I'm not sure what to do...should I try calling the store in hopes that they found one somewhere in the back? 

#500 andrew.torres1017  

andrew.torres1017

Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:31 PM

You should check if it’s there’s any Available on the Walmart app

#501 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   577 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2019 - 04:33 PM

I'm so confused. I drove out to one of the stores last week that showed it at $150 and when I got there I walked around for 15 minutes hoping it was put in an aisle somewhere with the marked down price. I grabbed one of the employees and he told me they haven't had a Street Fighter in weeks, but they had plenty of the PacMan for $150 (sorry, I'm not really interested in PacMan even on sale). BrickSeek still shows it in stock at this store, but now it's for the $75 dollar price. I'm not sure what to do...should I try calling the store in hopes that they found one somewhere in the back?

Brickseek isn’t 100% accurate. To be honest I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s in the back somewhere and they just can’t find it- even though it’s a giant box.

Also try this- if Walmart.com let’s you do in store pickup or a ship to store at that location, do it regardless of the price. When you get there to pickup, show them the in store price and either price match or return/rebuy. Worst case you just cancel the pickup or return it.

#502 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4436 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2019 - 04:35 PM

Brickseek isn’t 100% accurate. To be honest I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s in the back somewhere and they just can’t find it- even though it’s a giant box.

Yeah, it's hit or miss with Brickseek I feel I have especially bad luck with Wal-Mart. Went to get a Street Fighter for $154 last weekend and they were all out, even had them look in the back. They did have Rampage for $154, Brickseek says it's gone now. I skipped it due to only have limited space for these and not wanting that one all that much. Now I wish I would have gotten it of course. 

#503 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:34 PM

Saw the Jasper, AL Walmart had the Street Fighter cabinet marked down to $74. Went to get it and found a Rampage for $74. Sweet deals!

#504 darkdaze73   Serious Fisherman CAGiversary!   528 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:41 PM

Picked up 2 Rampages today for $74 each. WM app said they had SF2 also for $74 and even gave a location. I couldn't find it so I asked an employee. They went to speak with someone else and came back and said that everything they had was on the floor. As I was about to leave I decided to check their clearance aisles and found that they had lower the price on a couple of Labo kits for the Switch to $9. Picked up a couple for me and couple for someone else. Now to return the ones I got for $19 last week.

#505 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   577 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2019 - 07:17 PM

Yeah, it's hit or miss with Brickseek I feel I have especially bad luck with Wal-Mart. Went to get a Street Fighter for $154 last weekend and they were all out, even had them look in the back. They did have Rampage for $154, Brickseek says it's gone now. I skipped it due to only have limited space for these and not wanting that one all that much. Now I wish I would have gotten it of course.

Oddly enough I’ve only once ever had success with brickseek on anything other than the arcade1up. With the arcades. I’m 3 for 3 on $75 cabinet finds.

#506 KrAzY3   The 3 is silent. CAGiversary!   673 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2019 - 08:14 PM

Saw the Jasper, AL Walmart had the Street Fighter cabinet marked down to $74. Went to get it and found a Rampage for $74. Sweet deals!

My wife went to the Jackson one and got the last SF2 cab, but the Rampage one was sold out.

Space Invaders is another cab that seems to have dropped to $75 in some areas as well.

#507 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   742 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2019 - 08:28 PM

Hmmm while I don't have much interest in these for me because I am actually converting my real KI2 cabinet into a MAME cabinet, the size of these would be PERFECT for my son who is 4.  I could make another MAME cabinet with one of those too.  I see there is a $75 SF2 not too far from me and it says they have 3-4 in stock.  On brickseek nothing comes back for MK2, but on walmart website it says it's available in store for pickup today, so I wonder if that is also $75.

How big are these boxes?  I'm wondering if they will even fit in my car.

#508 SunbirdTurbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   138 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

SunbirdTurbo

Posted 23 October 2019 - 08:28 PM

So it seems there are new markdowns of $75 around right??

Has anyone in NY or PA seen clearance cabs? The best I have found is Galaga and Space Invaders for $150. I really really want Final Fight but would buy any cab for $75. Any reports?

#509 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4838 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2019 - 09:04 PM

How big are these boxes?  I'm wondering if they will even fit in my car.

I managed to fit two of them in the back seat of my presidential limousine.

#510 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 23 October 2019 - 09:25 PM

How big are these boxes? I'm wondering if they will even fit in my car.

If you have a car you could fit one sitting up between the front and back seats. The boxes are about 6x3 I’d guess.