* * * * - 6 votes

The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread. Renamed by a beautiful Executive Order. Believe me.

#511 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   740 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2019 - 09:42 PM

If you have a car you could fit one sitting up between the front and back seats. The boxes are about 6x3 I’d guess.

I have a 2 door coupe so I don't know if that could fit in my car.

#512 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4838 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2019 - 10:08 PM

You could unpack it in the parking lot. The longest pieces are the sides which are about 4 ft long

#513 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11451 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2019 - 10:18 PM

Been keeping my eye out for more price drops in my area but they are all stuck at MSRP. Even the one I managed to get on clearance went back up to MSRP at all of the local stores

Really hoping to get my hands on the Street Fighter or Final Fight one

#514 Loonknight   Dirk The Daring CAGiversary!   790 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Loonknight

Posted 23 October 2019 - 10:48 PM

Been keeping my eye out for more price drops in my area but they are all stuck at MSRP. Even the one I managed to get on clearance went back up to MSRP at all of the local stores

Really hoping to get my hands on the Street Fighter or Final Fight one

I'm in the same boat. Just waiting to see if any drop in price around me.

I love the Star Wars one I picked up. Looks great, the controls feel "too new" whenever I played it at the arcade the yoke was so loose. The greatest thing about it for me is that the Ewok song is played when you put in your initials for Return of the Jedi. 

#515 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   740 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2019 - 11:05 PM

Anyone know what happens if you order online for $299 for example, to a store that is out of stock for $75?  Can you then tell them to check the price in store when you pick it up, and it should be the clearance price?  Or do they have something to prevent that?  

#516 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   569 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2019 - 11:36 PM

Anyone know what happens if you order online for $299 for example, to a store that is out of stock for $75? Can you then tell them to check the price in store when you pick it up, and it should be the clearance price? Or do they have something to prevent that?

Depends on who is working. Worst they can do is say no. I’ve successfully done a pickup/price adjust.

#517 alphaomegacode   Worst Gamer Ever!! CAGiversary!   315 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

alphaomegacode

Posted 23 October 2019 - 11:42 PM

What the hell!!??!! Missed it!

#518 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1298 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2019 - 02:18 AM

my local wm store (an hour outside of vegas) still has them all at msrp :(

Modded my current SF cab (with an older xeon pc that was lying around) and it works nicely, but would like to convert 1 to MVS (i have 2 MVS motherboards and about 15 carts) and would like a vertical one strictly for vertical shooters... or maybe dedicate 1 to my Macross board?

Yes, the arcade1up cabs may be cheesy and small, but SOOOOOOOO much easier to deal with than the 2 crt based cabs I cannot get up the stairs.

#519 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   740 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2019 - 02:55 AM

my local wm store (an hour outside of vegas) still has them all at msrp :(

Modded my current SF cab (with an older xeon pc that was lying around) and it works nicely, but would like to convert 1 to MVS (i have 2 MVS motherboards and about 15 carts) and would like a vertical one strictly for vertical shooters... or maybe dedicate 1 to my Macross board?

Yes, the arcade1up cabs may be cheesy and small, but SOOOOOOOO much easier to deal with than the 2 crt based cabs I cannot get up the stairs.

Gut em and put them on a dolly.

I did that last weekend and it made my cabinet probably like 40% lighter with the control panel and monitor out, plus it made it like 1.5" less wide due to control panel, which ended up helping when getting it into my basement stairwell.  It was still at least 200 lbs but I put it on a dolly and got it up a couple steps into my kitchen from the garage, then down 3 more steps onto my living room, then down like 10 into the basement.  I did have 2 buddies on the other side helping me up/down the steps so I could go super slow down each one, but it really wasn't that difficult.

#520 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   1586 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 24 October 2019 - 05:59 AM

I thought I lucked out on a MK yesterday. I was visiting family an hour plus from where I live and knew there was a WM nearby. I checked the app for that particular store and they for the MK cab it just said 'See store for price' while all of the other units were MSRP. It was in the aisle so I asked an employee. He found one in the back and dragged it all the way to the register. He scanned it and it was still $299.99. I could've sworn I saw some yellow stickers on it which usually indicate a clearance price. Oh well.

#521 dualrec  

Posted 24 October 2019 - 02:06 PM

Local walmart had a tmnt cab assembled....pretty slick.  I stood and stared at it for a minute.  Still get the feeling the coolness would wear out too quick to justify the big chunk of change.

#522 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4436 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2019 - 02:09 PM

Local walmart had a tmnt cab assembled....pretty slick.  I stood and stared at it for a minute.  Still get the feeling the coolness would wear out too quick to justify the big chunk of change.

Full MSRP is hard to pay for these things for sure. I feel like when I do eventually get one I will end up doing a the RasPi mod to get more out of it. I'd play the games loaded on most of these, but I've played most of these games a lot already over the years.

#523 hagz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   111 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2019 - 02:15 PM

I have a 2017 Sentra and I was able to fit them in the back when I put the seats down.  TMNT was a little snug because the box is thicker but I was able to manage.

#524 Dr. Venkman   Disposable Assassin CAGiversary!   776 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Dr. Venkman

Posted 24 October 2019 - 05:41 PM

I had to go out of town for work and on the way back stopped at a Wal-Mart 2 hours north of my house. Every single Arcade 1up was $149. They had:

Pac-Man

Street Fighter

Final Fight

MK

Space Invaders

Rampage

Marvel

I'm 100% positive the Marvel wasn't supposed to be grouped into the pile they had because when I got to the register it rang up $299. They said "Was this with all the others?" and I said yes. They said "oh well" and marked it down. 

Mind you this doesn't have the riser or lit marquee but for $149 I'm golden.

#525 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7615 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 24 October 2019 - 05:50 PM

I'm 100% positive the Marvel wasn't supposed to be grouped into the pile they had because when I got to the register it rang up $299. They said "Was this with all the others?" and I said yes. They said "oh well" and marked it down. 

That's always cool when a store honors stuff like this, as I see wrong labels at my Walmart more often than not, but for most things, a customer may have placed an item back in the wrong spot. I'm sure that didn't happen here, so the F-up was all on their end, so good to see the right thing take place, as their screw up, was your gain. And it's a good chance this may have ended up at this price down the road, so you just got in on it early. LOL

#526 Dr. Venkman   Disposable Assassin CAGiversary!   776 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Dr. Venkman

Posted 24 October 2019 - 06:16 PM

That's always cool when a store honors stuff like this, as I see wrong labels at my Walmart more often than not, but for most things, a customer may have placed an item back in the wrong spot. I'm sure that didn't happen here, so the F-up was all on their end, so good to see the right thing take place, as their screw up, was your gain. And it's a good chance this may have ended up at this price down the road, so you just got in on it early. LOL

They weren't in the electronics section which I found weird, they were in the toy section. You may be right about it eventually dropping to that price, personally I've never seen any machine not in the first wave get a discount like this though.

#527 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1750 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 24 October 2019 - 06:31 PM

I'm tempted to drive an hour for a $154 rampage machine. I like that it has three controllers out of the box and the game selection on it is solid. Brickseek reports 2-3 in stock. I just need to find the time

#528 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7615 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 24 October 2019 - 06:35 PM

I'm tempted to drive an hour for a $154 rampage machine. I like that it has three controllers out of the box and the game selection on it is solid. Brickseek reports 2-3 in stock. I just need to find the time

That's a call before drive situation for sure, and make sure they hold it for you as well if it's in stock.

#529 Dr. Venkman   Disposable Assassin CAGiversary!   776 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Dr. Venkman

Posted 24 October 2019 - 06:39 PM

I love mine. Be aware though that despite it having 3 controllers Gauntlet is 2 player only.  

#530 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5552 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 24 October 2019 - 06:50 PM

Don't have much space.  Maybe I could get one. 

Is there anyway to swap out games between machines? 

Watched 1-up's assembly video on youtube.  Seems like the board is attached to the screen.

#531 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   693 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 24 October 2019 - 08:28 PM

Don't have much space.  Maybe I could get one. 

Is there anyway to swap out games between machines? 

Watched 1-up's assembly video on youtube.  Seems like the board is attached to the screen.

I guess as long as the controller scheme is the same... you can buy the boards from Arcade1Up for $30.   The board is in that box on the back of the screen.

#532 *Deathblade2   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   255 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

*Deathblade2

Posted 24 October 2019 - 09:09 PM

Got a big tease on the mortal kombat machine. The guy scanned it and it rang up 150 bucks, but when I went to the register the other guy scanned it and it came up 300. Turns out someone had slapped a rampage sticker on it....oh well the hunt for a Mortal Kombat machine for clearance pricing continues. I did manage to find a final fight machine at 74.

#533 gepet0   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1376 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2019 - 10:37 PM

I had to go out of town for work and on the way back stopped at a Wal-Mart 2 hours north of my house. Every single Arcade 1up was $149. They had:

Pac-Man

Street Fighter

Final Fight

MK

Space Invaders

Rampage

Marvel

OH the hate is realllll    LOL   Congrats These machines have sweet art work.  That Marvel and that star wars one I couldn't bring myself to mod.  

#534 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   569 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2019 - 11:08 PM

That Marvel and that star wars one I couldn't bring myself to mod.

They marvel cab is sweet. I have zero interest in the games but I saw it yesterday in store- great looking cab!
I definitely didn’t want to mod Pac-Man. I didn’t really want to mod Galaga. I’d have rather just built new cabinets from the ground up. I wound up modding both of them. :)

Galaga was a complete mod. New monitors and art and everything. I only did it because it was $75. Then gave in and modded Pac-Man too.

Pac-Man was an internal mod with a Pi and I kept all the artwork and added a new control panel with matching artwork. I love how it came out.

#535 Clue   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   101 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2019 - 01:05 AM

If anyone in the Albany NY area is looking to offload one of the ones picked up on clearance shoot me a DM. Especially if it's one of the Space Invader ones. I never really looked into these things till I found this thread earlier this week so I didn't know the SI one existed, now it's gone everywhere since it's on clearance. Apparently someone bought the last two at the N. Greenbush store this evening just before I walked in. 

#536 tomden02   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   87 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2019 - 02:43 AM

Glenmont has them 75.00

#537 Sean Price II  

Sean Price II

Posted 25 October 2019 - 03:11 AM

They marvel cab is sweet. I have zero interest in the games but I saw it yesterday in store- great looking cab!
I definitely didn’t want to mod Pac-Man. I didn’t really want to mod Galaga. I’d have rather just built new cabinets from the ground up. I wound up modding both of them. :)

Galaga was a complete mod. New monitors and art and everything. I only did it because it was $75. Then gave in and modded Pac-Man too.

Pac-Man was an internal mod with a Pi and I kept all the artwork and added a new control panel with matching artwork. I love how it came out.

post the pics, or a link to where we can see this, sounds pretty awesome! 

#538 avatar94   CAG Addict CAGiversary!   584 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2019 - 11:18 AM

I love mine. Be aware though that despite it having 3 controllers Gauntlet is 2 player only.  

WHAT?! So only Rampage uses the 3rd controller? That's ridiculous and also a deal-breaker. Thank you for that info. Had just found a couple marked down an hour away from me so you saved me the drive. Now I can focus on holding out for the Star Wars cab instead.

#539 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7615 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 25 October 2019 - 12:15 PM

WHAT?! So only Rampage uses the 3rd controller? That's ridiculous and also a deal-breaker. Thank you for that info. Had just found a couple marked down an hour away from me so you saved me the drive. Now I can focus on holding out for the Star Wars cab instead.

WOW, I had no idea this only allowed for 2 players, but I'm pretty sure why that's the case. The arcade game only came in two versions, the 4 player, and the 2 player cabs. The 4 player game meant you had to use the player assigned to that controller, so that wouldn't work here, as you would only be able to use 2 of the 4 characters. The two player cab actually allows for character selection, which the 4 player doesn't offer. So since these are running the arcade roms, it's only two options for this situation, 2 or 4 players. Of course things could have been modded, but I'm sure there is some license or other issue that prohibited that from happening.

So since Rampage only has 3 joysticks, they either include the 4 player Gauntlet, and allow for one specific character to not be playable, as there is no selection option. Or opt for two, and then allow for any character you want, just at the sacrifice of 3-4 players. The better bet should have been to only include Gauntlet on a 4 player style cab, as it's pretty useless to offer one of the best 4 player games in history to be gimped in this way. Sadly, this still would have had assigned controllers, as character selection for any player didn't happen in 4 way play until part 2 was released. 

Gauntlet really should have had it's own cab with part 1 & 2, as this was probably one of the best "party" games in all of video games. Those 2 games alone would probably provide more hours of play than any other config offered due to the number of levels in each game. A missed opportunity for sure, but it is what it is I suppose.

#540 Coyotezeye  

Coyotezeye

Posted 25 October 2019 - 02:15 PM

If anyone in the Albany NY area is looking to offload one of the ones picked up on clearance shoot me a DM. Especially if it's one of the Space Invader ones. I never really looked into these things till I found this thread earlier this week so I didn't know the SI one existed, now it's gone everywhere since it's on clearance. Apparently someone bought the last two at the N. Greenbush store this evening just before I walked in. 

Like Tom posted supposedly Glenmont has them & it looks like Crossgates Commons just marked theirs down to $75 as well. I was really considering getting one and was waiting for the ones at Crossgates to go down. But Im running out of room. I already have (7) of the Arcade1ups and a full size MAME machine.