* * * * - 6 votes

The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread. Renamed by a beautiful Executive Order. Believe me.

#571 Dr. Venkman   Disposable Assassin CAGiversary!   776 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Dr. Venkman

Posted 27 October 2019 - 06:14 PM

Are the Brickseek prices always accurate?  Like is there a possibility of when you go to a store that shows these in stock, that the price may be lower than what they say on brickseek?  And I guess the opposite - is there a chance you go to the store and the price is higher?

In regards to Wal-mart especially. It's been accurate for me but YMMV. All Wal-Marts are different when it comes to what's on sale/clearance and what is not.

#572 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   490 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2019 - 07:30 PM

GameStop has 20% off some arcade1ups today. For some reason Star Wars is included.

https://www.gamestop...r/11095878.html

#573 Dr. Venkman   Disposable Assassin CAGiversary!   776 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Dr. Venkman

Posted 27 October 2019 - 08:12 PM

GameStop has 20% off some arcade1ups today. For some reason Star Wars is included.

I've never looked at the MSRP for that one...$500? YIKES. 

#574 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2239 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2019 - 08:16 PM

Are the Brickseek prices always accurate?  Like is there a possibility of when you go to a store that shows these in stock, that the price may be lower than what they say on brickseek?  And I guess the opposite - is there a chance you go to the store and the price is higher?

Always accurate for Walmart in my experience. For Target, though, it sometimes shows lower prices that take a day or two to update in their system.

#575 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7573 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 27 October 2019 - 08:44 PM

I've never looked at the MSRP for that one...$500? YIKES. 

Problem number 1 is probably the license for Star Wars, as this cab isn't gonna be the standard rate of some old Capcom or Konami titles. Then there's the yolk, which is key to these games being played properly, and I'm sure another huge part of the overall expense. Then last but not least, is the riser is included, which is normally a $50 value. So with those three things, right out the gate this was going to be more than most, but due to the cost and rarity of the OG cab, this is still a good bargain for those in the market.

#576 Dr. Venkman   Disposable Assassin CAGiversary!   776 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Dr. Venkman

Posted 27 October 2019 - 08:51 PM

Problem number 1 is probably the license for Star Wars, as this cab isn't gonna be the standard rate of some old Capcom or Konami titles. Then there's the yolk, which is key to these games being played properly, and I'm sure another huge part of the overall expense. Then last but not least, is the riser is included, which is normally a $50 value. So with those three things, right out the gate this was going to be more than most, but due to the cost and rarity of the OG cab, this is still a good bargain for those in the market.

Oh, I totally hear you 100%. I know it isn't anywhere near the realm of practicality but I wish it had a vector-based monitor; loses a little bit of the original charm for me otherwise. I want it though I'm forcing myself to wait for a possible BF deal.

#577 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7573 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 28 October 2019 - 02:06 AM

Oh, I totally hear you 100%. I know it isn't anywhere near the realm of practicality but I wish it had a vector-based monitor; loses a little bit of the original charm for me otherwise. I want it though I'm forcing myself to wait for a possible BF deal.

Yeah, I agree 100% on the Vector Monitor, as that was as important to me as the controls(maybe even more), and the main reason why I'll probably never buy one of these. 

#578 Pav   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:17 AM

I just picked up a SF2 cab for $74. Does anyone know if they started putting those plastic covers in those boxes for them, or if they only ever sent out that initial batch without them?

I found the MK cab for 74 this weekend. I've been searching for that SF one since and it seems every store (at least in my area) discounted them. So far they are all sold out.

#579 mackie619   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   249 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

mackie619

Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:25 AM

I cannot wait for the release of the black Friday ads. I'm hoping Wal-Mart lowers the pricing on the newer cabs. Trying so hard to NOT pull the trigger on turtles just yet. I'm hoping for a temp. drop to $299.99 but I'll take any discount if possible

#580 avatar94   CAG Addict CAGiversary!   581 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:54 PM

Dead. Bummer. I took too long before deciding to pull the trigger on the SW cab.
Wonder why those random ones were discounted. A glitch on their 20% off collectibles maybe?

#581 Scrubsy   The Charmed One CAGiversary!   949 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2019 - 02:49 PM

Any word on the marvel limited edition cab? Ordered awhile ago and still no word on shipping.

#582 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14870 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:02 PM

Hadn't actually been to Walmart in weeks, maybe months so when the need arose to stop in by the local one we swung by electronics to check these out. They had all the cabs that I'm aware of and the reason being they were all MSRP. I hate our local store; they just suck lol. Was cool seeing the TMNT cab on the shelf though and IDK how I missed it, but I didn't realize it was both the Arcade game AND Turtles in Time. Thought it was just the latter, so now I'm dead set on eventually getting it on sale since TMNT arcade was easily my most played NES game ever.

If they ever get Simpsons arcade though. . .

#583 SunbirdTurbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   138 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

SunbirdTurbo

Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:09 PM

Got Street Fighter II full price at launch. Fastforward to now I have acquired a Space Invaders ($150) and Mortal Kombat ($150).

My local Wal-Mart inside has told me their display model FInal Fight was taken into the back warehouse of the store. I am waiting on his next tip to find out the fate of the machine. I am hoping for $150 and they sell it but it seems like they might put it in their break room -_-

#584 Dr. Venkman   Disposable Assassin CAGiversary!   776 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Dr. Venkman

Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:21 PM

Got Street Fighter II full price at launch. Fastforward to now I have acquired a Space Invaders ($150) and Mortal Kombat ($150).

My local Wal-Mart inside has told me their display model FInal Fight was taken into the back warehouse of the store. I am waiting on his next tip to find out the fate of the machine. I am hoping for $150 and they sell it but it seems like they might put it in their break room -_-

IMO The Final Fight is the best bang for your buck when it comes to these machines. I'd say the 12-in-1 but I hear the trackball and spinner are both terrible and have to be replaced/modified. 

#585 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1297 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:41 PM

Kinda bummed that the only cab I've found at $75 was the Space Invaders one this past weekend.

Funny thing is that Brickseek showed the Space invaders cab at msrp (I checked at the store) but the walmart app showed $75. Walked it up and sure enough, $75. Brickseek's price didn't show correctly until a a bit later.

#586 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   714 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:02 PM

Kinda bummed that the only cab I've found at $75 was the Space Invaders one this past weekend.

Funny thing is that Brickseek showed the Space invaders cab at msrp (I checked at the store) but the walmart app showed $75. Walked it up and sure enough, $75. Brickseek's price didn't show correctly until a a bit later.

When you say "Walmart app" is that like a barcode scanner app you can use to scan stuff yourself?  

#587 Sonicyogurt   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   114 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Sonicyogurt

Posted 28 October 2019 - 09:05 PM

When you say "Walmart app" is that like a barcode scanner app you can use to scan stuff yourself?  

It's a pretty comprehensive app.  You can order from the website, see what's in store around you, check the prices and stock levels of an item are at nearby stores, find out precisely where in the store to find what you're looking for, etc.  And, yeah, there's a barcode scanner too.

1572296681_1.jpg

I'm heading out later today to hopefully grab Space Invaders for $75 as a Christmas gift.  ("Limited stock" at one nearby store.)

#588 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   714 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2019 - 11:58 PM

It's a pretty comprehensive app.  You can order from the website, see what's in store around you, check the prices and stock levels of an item are at nearby stores, find out precisely where in the store to find what you're looking for, etc.  And, yeah, there's a barcode scanner too.

1572296681_1.jpg

I'm heading out later today to hopefully grab Space Invaders for $75 as a Christmas gift.  ("Limited stock" at one nearby store.)

Can you check in store prices from the app if you aren't near the store or in store to scan it?  

#589 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   714 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2019 - 12:05 AM

It's weird how it says the prices in stores near me are $299, but you can order it on the website for $245 and pick it up in the same store.

#590 HyperG   GamersVlog.com CAGiversary!   2921 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2019 - 12:21 AM

It's weird how it says the prices in stores near me are $299, but you can order it on the website for $245 and pick it up in the same store.

That's just walmart's incentive of you using their website to order products (though still weird).

#591 darkdaze73   Serious Fisherman CAGiversary!   528 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2019 - 01:59 AM

A family member found Space Invaders for $75 over the weekend. Today I was able to grab 2 SF2 cabs for $74 each. They had been $154 but marked them down this afternoon. That particular store also had the risers for $11 and Golden Tee cab for $99 but both were gonna before I got there. I also saw(and grabbed) a couple of the Pac Man ghost lights that hang on your wall for $4.

#592 Sonicyogurt   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   114 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Sonicyogurt

Posted 29 October 2019 - 02:08 AM

Can you check in store prices from the app if you aren't near the store or in store to scan it?

Yes, although sometimes it’ll give you a price and stock levels, and other times it won’t. It’ll be based on the three stores closest to your zip code, although you can change that to whatever you want.

#593 Chamillinator   I'm a CAG Veteran ya'll know who I'm better than CAGiversary!   262 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Chamillinator

Posted 29 October 2019 - 05:00 AM

Thanks DarkanJohn, okay now the same question applies to a store that has them in stock. The store I tried before (with no luck because I was there too late I guess) is now $74 with the same stock levels. Would in store pickup still make me pay full and have to do the same thing as being out of stock?

Has anyone had luck with calling them and having them hold it? We lucked out on that futon with my wife telling a son story but that was also a true story lol.

#594 FloriDUH JBot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   940 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

FloriDUH JBot

Posted 29 October 2019 - 11:39 AM

These clearance cabs are unicorns in my area, despite Brickseek showing quantities of 4-5 at a few stores.

#595 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4431 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2019 - 01:49 PM

These clearance cabs are unicorns in my area, despite Brickseek showing quantities of 4-5 at a few stores.

I occasionally come across Street Fighter open box at a few places, but it's never cheap enough for me to pick it up especially being an open box display unit. 

I imagine the $74 cabinets are getting scooped up very quickly. For the most part around me they are all still MSRP. I did see a Pac-Man for $250 yesterday at Target but that is not one of the cabinets I want unless it's under $100. I'd pay $250 for Final Fight, Marvel, or TMNT tops, but really hoping to nab one for $200 or less before the end of the year. 

#596 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1297 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2019 - 04:10 PM

I occasionally come across Street Fighter open box at a few places, but it's never cheap enough for me to pick it up especially being an open box display unit. 

I imagine the $74 cabinets are getting scooped up very quickly. For the most part around me they are all still MSRP. I did see a Pac-Man for $250 yesterday at Target but that is not one of the cabinets I want unless it's under $100. I'd pay $250 for Final Fight, Marvel, or TMNT tops, but really hoping to nab one for $200 or less before the end of the year. 

Would love to find a Galaga (for Galaxian) or Pac-man cab at $75.... those 2 I would leave stock. Too bad the only ones even remotely near me at $75 were Centipede (sold out a while back) and Space Invaders (I may have grabbed the last one in my area, was still labeled at $299)

#597 FloriDUH JBot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   940 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

FloriDUH JBot

Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:23 PM

Definetly very YMMV. Even the Wal-Mart app showing stock at several stores and there are none to be had.

#598 Clue   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   100 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2019 - 08:27 PM

I didn't look back through to see if anyone else mentioned but both the asteroids and centipede cabinets are ~$160 on walmart.com 

#599 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   714 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2019 - 09:14 PM

Just an observation I saw today...

I had to get oil for my car at Walmart so I checked out the game department for a place that basically shows out of stock of the ones I care about (MK and SF) but it shows them at the price of $299.

So I go to the game dept and they have the MK one out on display and like 2 in a box.  They also had 2 SF cabinets in box.  They had a bunch of other ones too like TMNT, Space Invaders, Pac Man, Final Fight, and I think one more.  They all had price tags of $300 on em.

I used the Walmart app to scan them and SF and MK both showed the $299 price.  Then some of the others didn't even scan for some reason saying nothing in the store with that barcode number existed.

This makes me wonder how accurate Brickseek really is though, if it was totally wrong about quantities since it said they had no MK or SF cabinets and they had multiples.  

But the one thing that stuck out was damn, these cabinets are TINY.  They are so much smaller in person.  Everything about it is tiny - screen, cabinet, control panel space, etc.  It wasn't on a riser though. 

It would be awesome if I got one for my son (who is only 4 now) and put it next to my real cabinet.   He'd have his and I'd have mine lol.

#600 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1297 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2019 - 09:42 PM

This makes me wonder how accurate Brickseek really is though, if it was totally wrong about quantities since it said they had no MK or SF cabinets and they had multiples.  

I sometimes wonder if wal-mart is feeding fake info to brickseek or if there is now a significant delay for price/inventory. The SI cab I grabbed saturday showed in stock at $299 on brickseek and "check in store" in the app. When I actually scanned it with the app, it showed as $75. The store tag was still $299. The next day it showed out of stock and for $75 on brickseek,
The riser does make a noticeable difference.