* * * * - 6 votes

The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread. Renamed by a beautiful Executive Order. Believe me.

#2221 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2622 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2020 - 04:38 PM

When I watched the cooltoy review he mentioned at some point one of the players disappearing after an update.  So... maybe don't update it.   If someone hacks it though, there is a chance they could unlock all the rosters back to what they should be.

Not updating - then you'll surely lose the ability to play online.

#2222 avatar94   CAG Addict CAGiversary!   581 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2020 - 03:19 PM

Now that the A1up risers seem to have completely drained from stores, what are others using instead?

I remember someone posting pictures of some small endtables that fit... is that the cheap/easy solution?

#2223 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   487 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 12:39 AM

Now that the A1up risers seem to have completely drained from stores, what are others using instead?
I remember someone posting pictures of some small endtables that fit... is that the cheap/easy solution?

Cheap- build your own.

Easy- The end tables.

#2224 Spring Roll  

Spring Roll

Posted 26 June 2020 - 01:32 PM

Rampage,gauntlet, joust and defender is 50 bucks at a Walmart near me, the only ones I’m super interested in are tmnt and maybe the sf2 table. Otherwise these just take up too much space.

Maybe it’s just me but at 50 bucks I may just get one for nerd decoration.

#2225 avatar94   CAG Addict CAGiversary!   581 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 05:07 PM

I'd grab one at $50 in a heartbeat. Haven't seen a Rampage cab around here (Los Angeles) in probably a year.

#2226 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4832 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 05:20 PM

I have the Rampage cab. Joust and Gauntlet are family favorites here. Don Jr and Eric love them. Rampage is pretty boring though and the only one to utilize all 3 controls. Defender is really hard to play the way the controls are set up. Really can't go wrong at $50 though.

#2227 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2622 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 08:45 PM

I have the Rampage cab. Joust and Gauntlet are family favorites here. Don Jr and Eric love them. Rampage is pretty boring though and the only one to utilize all 3 controls. Defender is really hard to play the way the controls are set up. Really can't go wrong at $50 though.

What does Tiffany think about it?

#2228 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4832 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 08:55 PM

What does Tiffany think about it?

Tiffany who? 

;)

#2229 evilw0n   Deals & Games CAGiversary!   1813 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 08:58 PM

The iiRcade launched its Kickstarter earlier today. Anyone at all interested in it?

I was pretty excited about it a month ago or so and was seriously thinking about getting it, but managed to talk myself out of it.

https://www.kickstar...-gaming-at-home

Having Dragon’s Lair on there is a pretty big deal, but not knowing the complete list of available (sold separately) games made me balk at it - especially since I already have a Legends Ultimate at home.

DL is on the list, but that doesn't mean it is one of the included games.  10 games included in any Kickstarter option I see and it doesn't say if they choose or you choose, but I'm betting they choose.   Hard pass without more details and it is only a bartop.

#2230 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   474 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 26 June 2020 - 11:39 PM

I found a Rampage cab in a store the other week. I got really excited, and scanned it. $299. Guess that's why it was still there.

#2231 blueArcana   Congratulations CAGiversary!   1104 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

blueArcana

Posted 27 June 2020 - 02:54 AM

Tiffany who? 

;)

anigif_sub-buzz-2040-1550614613-1.gif?ou

#2232 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1633 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2020 - 09:46 AM

dyBlGaU.jpg

Anybody? This one's a stretch...

#2233 elvis731   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   486 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2020 - 05:48 AM

DL is on the list, but that doesn't mean it is one of the included games.  10 games included in any Kickstarter option I see and it doesn't say if they choose or you choose, but I'm betting they choose.   Hard pass without more details and it is only a bartop.

DL is on the list for the 10 preloaded games, it’s noted on the campaign page. You also have the option to include a stand which turns it into a full size machine. It has potential and is priced decently, not being able to bring your own games and having no idea what games they have licensed is the biggest drawback as I see it.

#2234 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 29 June 2020 - 03:31 AM

Rampage,gauntlet, joust and defender is 50 bucks at a Walmart near me, the only ones I’m super interested in are tmnt and maybe the sf2 table. Otherwise these just take up too much space.

I wish I could find a Rampage cab.

#2235 mrboo2501  

mrboo2501

Posted 29 June 2020 - 02:18 PM

Quick question from a 1up arcade beginner: how do y'all find deals (like the $50 dollars one)?  Does it require just being super diligent and physically checking Walmart?

#2236 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2622 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2020 - 02:27 PM

Quick question from a 1up arcade beginner: how do y'all find deals (like the $50 dollars one)?  Does it require just being super diligent and physically checking Walmart?

Yes, and by learning all the SKUs you are interested in to check at https://brickseek.co...entory-checker/

For example - https://brickseek.co.../?sku=114274755

#2237 FloriDUH JBot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   939 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

FloriDUH JBot

Posted 29 June 2020 - 05:09 PM

Quick question from a 1up arcade beginner: how do y'all find deals (like the $50 dollars one)? Does it require just being super diligent and physically checking Walmart?

Super dilligent ... I had to go to really out of the way Walmart locations

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

#2238 gorgo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   954 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2020 - 11:17 PM

Super dilligent ... I had to go to really out of the way Walmart locations

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Also know that brickseek isn’t always right :(

#2239 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5444 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 29 June 2020 - 11:23 PM

Also know that brickseek isn’t always right :(

I feel like it's never right.  I went way the hell out of my way more than once on a hunt that brickseek seemed to indicate was a solid lead.  Not so much. Brickseek plants false hope and shatters my cheapass dreams. 

#2240 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   487 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2020 - 12:34 AM

I feel like it's never right. I went way the hell out of my way more than once on a hunt that brickseek seemed to indicate was a solid lead. Not so much. Brickseek plants false hope and shatters my cheapass dreams.

FOUR times brickseek pointed me to a Walmart with a $75 cab and was correct. A few times it was wrong and they didn’t have any. One time I found a $75 street fighter that wasn’t on brickseek. I’ve had employees tell me there were cabinets in the back and got me one and then I’ve had employees tell me there weren’t any (when there probably was). Brickseek isn’t the end all be all, but it’s a great help and a great start.

And sure the wealth. I’ve bought ONE $75 cab for myself. I passed on a $75 asteroids that I kind of regret but really didn’t need. Scored a $75 street fighter and asteroids for a friend and 2 $75 final fights for a family member to give grandkids for Christmas. All of that without really trying.

All I want is a cheap golden tee for myself 😂

#2241 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   5071 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:11 AM

Tiffany who?

;)

tiffany-trump-rocks-floral-mini-amp_-mel

:puke:

#2242 MobileFrank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   88 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

MobileFrank

Posted 02 July 2020 - 10:47 PM

Ordered Final Fight yesterday and the black Capcom cocktail cab today.

#2243 dnl2ba   Inadvertent collector CAGiversary!   500 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2020 - 07:07 AM

Routine plug for AtGames Arcade Legends Ultimate. At $550, it's obviously a lot more expensive than a discounted Arcade1Up cab. But I figured the functionality is superior, plus I wouldn't have to buy multiple cabinets to play the games I want. What you get is:

• A full-sized cab with a 24" screen
  • Controls sufficient enough to play most games (2 joysticks, 6 buttons per joystick, 2 spin wheels, and one track ball)
  • Comes with 300 games AtGames licensed, and you can subscribe for access to more ("ArcadeNet")
  • "BYOG" - rights allowing (i.e. up to you to get the legal rights), you can play almost any 2D arcade game or console/handheld up to 16-bit from a ROM on a USB stick. They just added support for CoinOps to have a cool browse UI for arcade games
  • Easy extensibility to use the controls and screen to play games that run on another device (I plug in a Raspberry Pi 4 running Retropie to play Dreamcast arcade ports; you can also stream from a Windows computer)

If the $550 is just too much, they're about to release a $200 Legends Gamer Standard Edition that doesn't come with a cabinet or display, but I figure anyone in this thread wants a cabinet.

#2244 ZForce  

Posted 03 July 2020 - 10:49 AM

I actually just got a Legends Ultimate last week.  Loving it so far.

#2245 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   474 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 03 July 2020 - 06:23 PM

I'm down to get one, but I want to see it in store if I'm going to buy it. I've seen a lot of reviews talk about getting it shipped and finding damaged or broken pieces after opening it.

#2246 AMillsy   Central Michigan CAG CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2020 - 06:32 PM

I'm down to get one, but I want to see it in store if I'm going to buy it. I've seen a lot of reviews talk about getting it shipped and finding damaged or broken pieces after opening it.

The only place I’ve ever seen it in-store was Sam’s Club for a few short weeks around Black Friday of last year.

I ended up landing one from Walmart recently and getting it shipped to a local store for pickup to avoid any shipping damage. So far so good.

Side note: the one I got from Walmart was my second unit. The first (purchased from Sam’s a few months ago) had some defects with the screen and HDMI switcher. AtGames offered to send replacement parts for my defective unit in August when their warehouses open again, but I ended up just returning it and re-buying.

#2247 iamsmart2  

iamsmart2

Posted 03 July 2020 - 08:14 PM

$50 for the Street Fighter II cabinet is right up my alley - I've been meaning to create a custom unit and the six button layout of that one pretty much gives me all the parts I need.

I know Brickseek is YMMV, but it tends to be pretty accurate in my neck of the woods. My local store says that they have 4 in stock, but I'll be damned if I saw any out front today... maybe they are in the back? Things were absolutely nuts there due to the pre-4th shoppers, but I might have to try again. How do you folks try to convince an employee to check the back without name-checking Brickseek?

#2248 dnl2ba   Inadvertent collector CAGiversary!   500 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2020 - 10:56 PM

I ordered mine online since they were selling out immediately and it seemed like the only way to get it. I got busy in quarantine, so my 2-year-old played on top of the box for two months before I unpacked it. The only issue I found was a small scratch on the trim in an unobtrusive spot. If people are getting damaged hardware, I bet it's because delivery people aren't able to move the 100 lb box safely alone. P.S. the outer box is so strong that my toddler has also been using the empty box as a slide for the two months since unpacking.

If you're able to find one in-store, that seems like the safest option, though you may want help with loading and unloading since it's heavy and unwieldy.

#2249 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   474 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 04 July 2020 - 12:49 AM

If you're able to find one in-store, that seems like the safest option, though you may want help with loading and unloading since it's heavy and unwieldy.

Last weekend, i bought an arcade legends 3 cabinet used from someone locally. Had to get it down a flight of stairs and until my house. I thought i knew heavy and unwieldy, but nothing could prepare me for that monstrosity.

#2250 shoe478   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1811 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2020 - 03:18 PM

If the app shows it in stock, you could try that but if it has been that price a long time, I guarantee someone has already asked and someone has already looked.

This is a fun little read: https://www.reddit.c...tm_source=share

Apart from the customer bashing, there is a comment about their inventory system and why it is garbage.

$50 for the Street Fighter II cabinet is right up my alley - I've been meaning to create a custom unit and the six button layout of that one pretty much gives me all the parts I need.

I know Brickseek is YMMV, but it tends to be pretty accurate in my neck of the woods. My local store says that they have 4 in stock, but I'll be damned if I saw any out front today... maybe they are in the back? Things were absolutely nuts there due to the pre-4th shoppers, but I might have to try again. How do you folks try to convince an employee to check the back without name-checking Brickseek?