* * * * - 6 votes

The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread. Renamed by a beautiful Executive Order. Believe me.

#2251 kingwormer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   387 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

kingwormer

Posted 04 July 2020 - 06:09 PM

So brickseek shows 2-3 of both the Final Fight and the StreetFighter Cabinets at my local Walmart. Thing is, I’ve looked in electronics and saw nothing.  Should I ask an employee.?  Are they probably in the back?  Or being Walmart..... am I just to be told no anyhow and not waste a trip?  They both show $50 at this Walmart too. 

#2252 FloriDUH JBot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   939 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

FloriDUH JBot

Posted 04 July 2020 - 07:20 PM

So brickseek shows 2-3 of both the Final Fight and the StreetFighter Cabinets at my local Walmart. Thing is, I’ve looked in electronics and saw nothing. Should I ask an employee.? Are they probably in the back? Or being Walmart..... am I just to be told no anyhow and not waste a trip? They both show $50 at this Walmart too.

You just have to go and take a shot. Like the best major league baseball players, 70% of the time you are going to swing and miss. But with enough persistence, you may finally land a clearance cabinet.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

#2253 Zeldafanatic15   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1621 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Zeldafanatic15

Posted 04 July 2020 - 07:25 PM

Yep, best bet is just go and try. Very good shot the inventory is just messed up, but it's better to go and ask. If you don't want to reference Brickseek, then try the Walmart app. There's an in store option for your store, mine has shown having 3 of this Rampage in stock, when they don't. It may show up there, and you can always show them and say "Hey, app says you have this, do you know if you do?"bbd31f260045851589bf411e10309b8b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

#2254 Jawabreaker   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Jawabreaker

Posted 04 July 2020 - 07:43 PM

So brickseek shows 2-3 of both the Final Fight and the StreetFighter Cabinets at my local Walmart. Thing is, I’ve looked in electronics and saw nothing. Should I ask an employee.? Are they probably in the back? Or being Walmart..... am I just to be told no anyhow and not waste a trip? They both show $50 at this Walmart too.

When I found my Street Fighter cab(granted, the day it dropped to $50 like 2 months ago), they were on an end cap a few aisles away from the electronics department.

#2255 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 04 July 2020 - 09:30 PM

I decided to order the Pac-Man 40th from Best Buy. I think it's worth $450 with seven games, the stool, lighted deck and lighted marquee.

Now I will have eight? I have the 12-in-1 from Best Buy, Golden Tee, Final Fight, Mortal Kombat, Star Wars, NBA Jam and the AT Games Ultimate.

I'd still like Rampage and probably Burger Time, and Buck Hunter when it releases.

#2256 kingwormer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   387 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

kingwormer

Posted 05 July 2020 - 02:33 AM

Took a chance and went to Walmart even though the app didn’t show them but brickseek did  I bought 2 Final Fight and 1 Street Fighter II. A friend asked me to get the Final Fight for him also. 

#2257 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3236 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2020 - 08:13 PM

Sega Astro City Mini Arcade revealed:

https://www.theverge...tro-price-japan

36 games included

Price converts to about $120

Stick uses micro switches

Confirmed arcade games so far:

• Alien Syndrome
  • Alien Storm
  • Golden Axe
  • Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder
  • Columns II
  • Dark Edge
  • Puzzle & Action: Tant-R
  • Virtua Fighter
  • Fantasy Zone
  • Altered Beast

Preorders are live already on amazon japan.  Not sure if we are getting this in USA.  It's supposed to be out around the end of the year.

#2258 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1731 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:07 PM

Sega Astro City Mini Arcade revealed:

https://www.youtube....h?v=y5Aw08cLkao
https://www.theverge...tro-price-japan

36 games included
Price converts to about $120
Stick uses micro switches

Confirmed arcade games so far:

• Alien Syndrome
  • Alien Storm
  • Golden Axe
  • Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder
  • Columns II
  • Dark Edge
  • Puzzle & Action: Tant-R
  • Virtua Fighter
  • Fantasy Zone
  • Altered Beast
Preorders are live already on amazon japan.  Not sure if we are getting this in USA.  It's supposed to be out around the end of the year.
The clicky stick shows that they but some care into this. I will wait for reviews after it's released before spending the money though. Hopefully the Saturn mini will be next!

#2259 MobileFrank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   88 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

MobileFrank

Posted 10 July 2020 - 02:24 AM

My black Capcom table came in yesterday. It's beautiful. Final Fight also just arrived at Walmart for pickup.

#2260 RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21155 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial

Posted 10 July 2020 - 02:28 AM

That's a really long thread title.  Makes me feel you're compensating for something.

#2261 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4831 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2020 - 03:41 AM

That's a really long thread title.  Makes me feel you're compensating for something.

I always use the best, most and biglyist words. Everyone knows it!

#2262 mrboo2501  

mrboo2501

Posted 10 July 2020 - 02:38 PM

I'm striking out finding $50.00 deals locally and online for the SF2 cabinet, so I think I'm gonna just wait this fall for the X-Men vs SF cabinet.  If I'm gonna pay more, may as well go for the newer/shiny'er cabinet.  Are new cabinets selectively released only to specific stores (Walmart, Kohls)?  If anyone else has any tips for new cabinet release, let me know, otherwise just gonna virtually camp in front of the virtual store fronts.  

#2263 Zeldafanatic15   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1621 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Zeldafanatic15

Posted 11 July 2020 - 03:06 AM

My local Walmart is showing as having 3 Pacman cabs for $50 both on the app and on Brickseek, they showed some when they first dropped several months ago, then disappeared. They must have shown up very recently, cause I had just looked the other day. Gonna go early in the morning, maybe they got a shipment, worse case they don't have any. Fingers crossed.

#2264 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   710 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 03:17 PM

Just curious if anyone in here ever played Target Terror Gold back in the day in the arcades. It’s a light gun game from 2004.

I had never played it or even heard of it until a few months ago and I finally got my kit all setup and finally had some time to actually take 15 minutes and play it.

And it’s one of the best light gun games I have played. I just never even heard of it back then. It’s probably because I was pretty much done with arcades by the time it was out. But damn it’s good and just flat out fun.

#2265 Zeldafanatic15   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1621 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Zeldafanatic15

Posted 11 July 2020 - 03:22 PM

My local Walmart is showing as having 3 Pacman cabs for $50 both on the app and on Brickseek, they showed some when they first dropped several months ago, then disappeared. They must have shown up very recently, cause I had just looked the other day. Gonna go early in the morning, maybe they got a shipment, worse case they don't have any. Fingers crossed.

No luck, figured I had to try. Lady said what they had out was it, which was 2 MK and 2 TMNT. She said they haven't gotten any others in. Not sure why it showed up all of a sudden.

#2266 MobileFrank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   88 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

MobileFrank

Posted 12 July 2020 - 08:05 PM

Anyone else find themselves just totally fucking obsessed with their home arcade now?

I collect quite a few different things, and I haven't cared about any of them lately. My mind is totally focused on expanding my arcade. I'm up to 8 cabinets and one cocktail cab. Can't wait for some decent, affordable virtual pinball.

#2267 avatar94   CAG Addict CAGiversary!   581 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2020 - 09:38 AM

Anyone else find themselves just totally fucking obsessed with their home arcade now?

I don't have space for more than a couple cabs... but I've become obsessed with fine tuning all the controls and weeding out all the broken junk from my RetroPie modded MK A1Up, if that counts. Definitely spent a lot more time tweaking it than playing on it.

#2268 Indiana Jones   Yippie kai yay! CAGiversary!   2415 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Indiana Jones

Posted 13 July 2020 - 07:45 PM

I collect quite a few different things, and I haven't cared about any of them lately. My mind is totally focused on expanding my arcade. I'm up to 8 cabinets and one cocktail cab. Can't wait for some decent, affordable virtual pinball.

I would if I had more space. But I've already missed out on two early cabinets -- Final Fight, Rampage -- that I'd want above others, and don't want to pay big to get them from a third party.

#2269 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   710 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2020 - 08:01 PM

Yeah thankfully a long standing project I was working on with my multi light gun cabinet has come to a conclusion and I can actually start enjoying it finally.  I kept one of the game boards external so that I can swap one easily without pulling the cabinet out and going inside.  It's pretty clean too and you can't even see it because it's up on top of one of my Rush 2049 SE cabinets.  I have 8 games in the switcher cabinet and 3 games "on deck" that I can swap in if I want to.

#2270 mrboo2501  

mrboo2501

Posted 13 July 2020 - 08:43 PM

Although I don't own a single 1up arcade cabinet, I do feel obsessed as I've been trying to find a good deal a for a few weeks now.  I do have a bartop that I'm building from a kit (w Jamma board), so at least I have that.  This hobby ain't cheap!

#2271 MobileFrank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   88 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

MobileFrank

Posted 14 July 2020 - 04:33 PM

I'm going to pick up my $50 Final Fight cabinet today at Walmart. The collection grows.

#2272 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2598 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2020 - 03:36 AM

Saw NBA Jam units in two different Walmarts today.  $399, although one store had a unit that looked like it went through a wood chipper for $299 special markdown.

Also, saw shelf stickers for 40th anniversary Pac Man.

#2273 crackadon  

crackadon

Posted 15 July 2020 - 05:15 AM

I'm going to pick up my $50 Final Fight cabinet today at Walmart. The collection grows.

Damn, I'm super jealous, but congrats! This is the deal/cab I'm trying to get. Saw that all my nearby Walmarts had them in stock once shutdowns hit at the end of March, but I was too hesitant to step foot in a store at that time (and they sold out fast). Really hope to score one of these soon.

I'm in Southern California. Any chance that you found one in the same area?

#2274 MobileFrank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   88 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

MobileFrank

Posted 15 July 2020 - 06:52 AM

Damn, I'm super jealous, but congrats! This is the deal/cab I'm trying to get. Saw that all my nearby Walmarts had them in stock once shutdowns hit at the end of March, but I was too hesitant to step foot in a store at that time (and they sold out fast). Really hope to score one of these soon.

I'm in Southern California. Any chance that you found one in the same area?

I ordered it online for in store pickup, then did a return/rebuy for the clearance price. Website sold out pretty quick though.

#2275 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 15 July 2020 - 07:01 AM

Arcade 1Up's shipping costs are a joke. I don't think I'll ever order directly from them because of it. I wanted to order BurgerTime and a few risers and the shipping was $95. Fuck that.

#2276 Darrenatello   !yrasreviGAC CAGiversary!   159 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Darrenatello

Posted 15 July 2020 - 10:46 PM

Arcade 1Up's shipping costs are a joke. I don't think I'll ever order directly from them because of it. I wanted to order BurgerTime and a few risers and the shipping was $95. Fuck that.

Yeah, their shipping prices are incredibly brutal. The shipping for my control deck protector for my SF2:CE cabinet cost the same as the actual protector.

Unfortunately, BurgerTime can't be bought elsewhere since it is exclusively direct sale by Arcade1Up.com

#2277 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 16 July 2020 - 06:05 AM

Yeah, their shipping prices are incredibly brutal. The shipping for my control deck protector for my SF2:CE cabinet cost the same as the actual protector.

Unfortunately, BurgerTime can't be bought elsewhere since it is exclusively direct sale by Arcade1Up.com

Ugh.

Yeah, that's the catch-22.

#2278 E-Z-B   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3397 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2020 - 04:59 PM

Just set up my Arcade Legends. Any advice on where to go to access more games, or any tips for getting started with mods?

#2279 Shojsauce   Owner of RewindReview CAGiversary!   1097 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2020 - 05:55 PM

Just set up my Arcade Legends. Any advice on where to go to access more games, or any tips for getting started with mods?

There is a Facebook group for owners. Also pdubs arcade loft on YouTube has a ton of tutorials

#2280 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3792 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 18 July 2020 - 06:29 PM

Are you just getting the reproductions or do you have legit arcade machines too?