* * * * - 6 votes

The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

#3481 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3624 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2021 - 01:17 PM

Damn, I thought that might do it. Still no go here.

Hmmm... last suggestion... using some other usb/wireless controller/keyboard/mouse/whatever ... see if there is an update for the puck itself. I know I'm throwing out common suggestions... just trying to help. Also not sure if the puck has an option to return to factory settings, but maybe go back to factory and then update it. Worst case, you'll just have to contact the manufacturer... though given you bought it off ebay, no telling if they'll do anything for you.

Of course it not working with your pc, even wired, doesn't seem like it's the puck.  But at this point it can't hurt trying.

#3482 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   894 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2021 - 05:15 PM

Hmmm... last suggestion... using some other usb/wireless controller/keyboard/mouse/whatever ... see if there is an update for the puck itself. I know I'm throwing out common suggestions... just trying to help. Also not sure if the puck has an option to return to factory settings, but maybe go back to factory and then update it. Worst case, you'll just have to contact the manufacturer... though given you bought it off ebay, no telling if they'll do anything for you.

Of course it not working with your pc, even wired, doesn't seem like it's the puck. But at this point it can't hurt trying.

It almost seems like the puck AND the controller aren’t working right. I can’t pair an Xbox controller with the puck. I paired the controller deck to my pc and that almost worked, but not of the buttons would register.

There’s a reset button on the puck, but I can’t get that to do anything either. Really, really strange.

Took apart and opened the controller and everything seems connected.

#3483 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5475 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 20 May 2021 - 12:31 AM

Cooltoy is teasing a Ms. Pac Man 40th anniversary...typical wood paneling.  Pretty meh to me.  BUT, he's also teasing a Simpsons cab with matching stool.  I am 110% day one on that purchase.  

#3484 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2262 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2021 - 01:30 PM

Noticed that the Pac-man 40th A1Up had dropped to $100 with limited stock in the Walmart app, but it wasn't showing on Brickseek. Went to the store and found one in the clearance aisle instead of with the normal A1Up display. Also, TMNT and Pac-man stools were in the clearance aisle at $26.75, down from $36.xx and $49.xx last weekend.

#3485 Shojsauce   Owner of RewindReview CAGiversary!   1139 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2021 - 10:48 PM

idk if this is permissible to discuss here or not (If not I'll gladly remove it)  but does anybody know of a good front end where I can put in the games I actually own instead of just getting a random assortment? 

#3486 Baltore  

Posted 20 May 2021 - 10:52 PM

idk if this is permissible to discuss here or not (If not I'll gladly remove it)  but does anybody know of a good front end where I can put in the games I actually own instead of just getting a random assortment? 

For what? If you're just looking for a frontend. 

There's Hyperspin.... Launchbox... EmulationStation...AttractMode

There's others as well but those are probably the most popular. I use LaunchBox/BigBox. 

#3487 Tyf   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   47 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2021 - 05:19 PM

I use Hyperspin, but it requires A Lot of tinkering - if you want an out of the box solution, its not great, but if you like to tinker, you can make your front-end look better than almost any other FE.

#3488 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   894 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2021 - 06:53 PM

I use Hyperspin, but it requires A Lot of tinkering - if you want an out of the box solution, its not great, but if you like to tinker, you can make your front-end look better than almost any other FE.

Launchbox Big Box. Super simple and minimal tinkering.

#3489 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2723 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2021 - 11:49 PM

Saw the A1UP Midway and Namco Legends editions in Walmart today...$299.

Guess this is my last chance to get Super Pac-Man since the 40th Anniversary Pac-Man's got snatched up around here.

#3490 Shojsauce   Owner of RewindReview CAGiversary!   1139 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2021 - 09:26 PM

finally got a good deal on a cab. got the street fighter cocktail secondhhand for $175. finally part of the club. Now I just gotta plan out all my mods. 

#3491 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2262 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2021 - 09:33 PM

Same here. A few smaller WMs around me have completely gotten rid of their A1Up sections, but the bigger ones got these cabs in instead.

#3492 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2913 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2021 - 03:32 PM

Guess this is my last chance to get Super Pac-Man since the 40th Anniversary Pac-Man's got snatched up around here.

Do want Midway Legacy cabinet but not for $300. Sorry guys, it's not a Namco Legends if it has Pac-Man but not Ms. Pac-Man.

#3493 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   1637 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 02 June 2021 - 03:55 PM

I've been trying to order a Midway Legends since it was announced. The day they went live they immediately showed as 'sold out' at Best Buy. For some reason today it doesn't even show up in a search in their site. I was able to order the shitty WalMart version for store pick up from a store about 30 mins away from me. The next day they email me saying the order was canceled because it was OOS. Fuck off, WalMart.

#3494 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   727 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 02 June 2021 - 06:23 PM

I've been trying to order a Midway Legends since it was announced. The day they went live they immediately showed as 'sold out' at Best Buy. For some reason today it doesn't even show up in a search in their site. I was able to order the shitty WalMart version for store pick up from a store about 30 mins away from me. The next day they email me saying the order was canceled because it was OOS. Fuck off, WalMart.

I didn't even know Wal-Mart had those Legacy cabs with no riser or lit marquee.  The risers should have been included with all of these since day one since I doubt A1UP's target market was ever toddlers.  

I did grab the Midway cab from Gamestop when it briefly popped back up a month or so ago.

#3495 E-Z-B   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3424 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2021 - 08:11 PM

Okay, it’s been six months since Arcade1up announced an X-men and Dragon’s Lair arcade. Wonder when they’ll hit release. Was hoping for Black Friday deals, but the longer they wait, the less likely that’ll happen.

#3496 E-Z-B   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3424 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2021 - 12:59 AM

Actually, 5 months, not 6.

#3497 Spring Roll  

Spring Roll

Posted 10 June 2021 - 12:23 PM

Simpsons will be my first and probably only (I live in a tiny NYC apartment). 

I'm more interested in it as a piece of art/functional decor etc... 

Think I will go for a bundle that includes everything but the chair. 

#3498 kingwormer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   410 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

kingwormer

Posted 11 June 2021 - 05:32 AM

I’m sorry if this is answered in here… I read back several pages trying to find an answer.  I want to purchase a full size arcade machine. I want it to have two sides for fighting games, an 4 total players. I love TMNT and other four player. I want a machine I can add more games to also. Please help me make it make sense. 

#3499 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2913 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2021 - 09:51 PM

I’m sorry if this is answered in here… I read back several pages trying to find an answer.  I want to purchase a full size arcade machine. I want it to have two sides for fighting games, an 4 total players. I love TMNT and other four player. I want a machine I can add more games to also. Please help me make it make sense. 

Perhaps you want the Legends Ultimate Arcade from AtGames.

#3500 cdeener   Love Those Price Drops!!! CAGiversary!   5064 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2021 - 02:09 PM

I get a chuckle when having to go to the laundry mats around my area cause each one has Arcade1Up machines instead of the old school arcade machines. I’ve seen NBA Jam at one and the one Im at now has Mortal Kombat.

#3501 wargod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   763 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2021 - 09:54 PM

Atgames full sized arcade machine is the only arcade machine I need.

#3502 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2067 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2021 - 10:02 PM

I get a chuckle when having to go to the laundry mats around my area cause each one has Arcade1Up machines instead of the old school arcade machines. I’ve seen NBA Jam at one and the one Im at now has Mortal Kombat.

That's actually pretty cool, since A1UP machines don't require quarters to work. However, given the "quality" of A1UP, I doubt these things will last long.

#3503 shosaisyu   Waster of Monies CAGiversary!   259 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

shosaisyu

Posted Yesterday, 01:27 AM

Atgames full sized arcade machine is the only arcade machine I need.

would feel the same way if they had a 4 player cab

#3504 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3624 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 02:57 PM

would feel the same way if they had a 4 player cab

Pretty sure you can add controllers for 3 & 4 player games.  Might not be a perfect solution but if it's rare you want/need 4player controls, it could work out well.

#3505 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2913 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 08:10 PM

Nice. I'd play those for free while during laundry.