* * * * - 6 votes

The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

#3841 The Ebbtide   Hi. CAGiversary!   1841 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

The Ebbtide

Posted 02 July 2022 - 03:00 PM

According to reddit, a spokesman for Arcade1up said that there will be a one day sale on July 9th, with prices being $300-400 off. I believe arcades like X-men and the Simpsons were mentioned.

The details about this are a bit strange. Something about there being an in person event on that day, but then the sales going online later, but unspecified. If more information comes along I'll post it. Just keep a look for July 9th to see if something you're interested in goes on sale.

#3842 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4565 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 03 July 2022 - 12:18 AM

According to reddit, a spokesman for Arcade1up said that there will be a one day sale on July 9th, with prices being $300-400 off. I believe arcades like X-men and the Simpsons were mentioned.

The details about this are a bit strange. Something about there being an in person event on that day, but then the sales going online later, but unspecified. If more information comes along I'll post it. Just keep a look for July 9th to see if something you're interested in goes on sale.

Damn it! If I only had the room for it............

#3843 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1230 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2022 - 02:58 PM

LOL. The Simpsons is still $399 in my neck of the woods (according to Brickseek).

Seems like this would be a good cab for converting to Retro Pi, no? I think that's why I'd be interested.

Keep in mind that a pi setup isn't quite powerful enough to play some games.

I'm actually in the middle of a project converting my MAME setup from a pi3 setup to a full blown PC due to that.  I got it connected to my cab last night for the first time.

I want to be able to play Killer Instinct and Blitz without any hiccups.  Even games like the MK games and NBA Jam can be a pain to get working right on the setup I have.  You have to make sure to use the right emulator version or tweak the settings on the ones that play at like 10fps by default.

Just wanted to give some input from someone who's been there before.  The pi setup is still great though and was easier to get going than the PC version was so it's not like it is bad or anything.

#3844 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1230 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2022 - 04:06 PM

I also want to mention I am selling a complete pi2jamma setup since I've moved onto PC based MAME setup in my cabinet.  

It is a plug/play setup into a JAMMA cab and already configured with MAME,  however you would have to hook up buttons 4,5,6 for p1 and p2 but it's just running a couple wires.

Any interest shoot me a message and I can give more details.  If this doesn't belong here either, let me know and I'll delete it.

#3845 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1331 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2022 - 04:12 PM

I'll admit this piqued my interest again, but I think I'm just over these. When these games were only being released in the cabs, it made the cabs way more appealing. But now we're getting home ports on current consoles, and I can just use my existing arcade sticks. Sure, some like 'The Simpsons' and 'X-Men' haven't, but I feel like it's only a matter of time now.

#3846 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   16163 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2022 - 05:57 PM

I'll admit this piqued my interest again, but I think I'm just over these. When these games were only being released in the cabs, it made the cabs way more appealing. But now we're getting home ports on current consoles, and I can just use my existing arcade sticks. Sure, some like 'The Simpsons' and 'X-Men' haven't, but I feel like it's only a matter of time now.

Simpsons was on PS3 at one point. Delisted now I believe but my old console still has it installed, so I guess moot point overall. Still has potential to be revived though.

#3847 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1331 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2022 - 07:24 PM

Simpsons was on PS3 at one point. Delisted now I believe but my old console still has it installed, so I guess moot point overall. Still has potential to be revived though.

Yeah, PS3 and Xbox 360. I just feel like these rights holders will want to get the most money out of the properties as possible, and they really don't have to do anything other than approve it.

#3848 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10069 Posts   Joined 18.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2022 - 05:28 PM

https://www.reddit.c...ple_sale_facts/

More details about the sale tomorrow, sounds like different online sale prices will be revealed throughout the day.

I'm hoping the pinball machines are really cheap. I was considering buying the AtGames Pinball from Sam's Club but it's still $699.99 at my local store and I have given up hope of it ever going on clearance.

#3849 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   959 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2022 - 12:24 PM

https://www.reddit.c...ple_sale_facts/
More details about the sale tomorrow, sounds like different online sale prices will be revealed throughout the day.

I'm hoping the pinball machines are really cheap. I was considering buying the AtGames Pinball from Sam's Club but it's still $699.99 at my local store and I have given up hope of it ever going on clearance.

I have extremely low expectations, but I’ll be keeping an eye out tomorrow.

I have very limited space in my barcade. I can part with 1 (of 2) multicades and I can maaaaybe squeeze in another cab. So I’m looking at the possibility of adding 1, maybe 2 cabs max, in the near future. I’m reserving one of those for Daytona, should it ever actually happen.

#3850 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2876 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2022 - 02:23 PM

I'm hoping the pinball machines are really cheap.

I remember thinking $600 was too much when they first came out, and then they shot up to $750.  Now they are on perma sale for $600 again.  Hopeful they drop to at least $400.

#3851 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10069 Posts   Joined 18.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2022 - 07:30 PM

So it looks like you have to submit a claim for the item using a document link and then they send you an invoice days later. You won’t even know the price until you get the invoice and there is no combined shipping for multiple items. What kind of nonsense is that to not tell you the price right away even if you aren’t committed to buy it.

#3852 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 09 July 2022 - 07:39 PM

Looks like the sale is a big turd parade. You won't know your price until invoiced.

#3853 iTETSUO   Kaneda! CAGiversary!   1433 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2022 - 08:47 PM

BDA313D7-DE78-4F40-A7E2-33FD10FF6725.jpeg

Prices

#3854 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2876 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2022 - 08:57 PM

nope.gif

#3855 iTETSUO   Kaneda! CAGiversary!   1433 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2022 - 09:42 PM

nope.gif

😂😂 same thing I said when I seen the pic figured I would post so others can see. Really only wanted nba jam but apparently it’s a raffle to even get a chance to buy smh

#3856 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10069 Posts   Joined 18.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2022 - 09:56 PM

I would have tried to get Outrun for $49 but on the Reddit post with people watching the livestream, someone said it was in person only.

Edit, and they are water damaged, that's why they are only $49

#3857 teh lurv  

teh lurv

Posted 11 July 2022 - 04:54 PM

Best Buy has the following on sale for $400:

Terminator 2: https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6483270

Ridge Racer: https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6483271

#3858 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2876 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2022 - 12:46 AM

They dropped Mars Attack pinball down to $500 too...none around me, and I'd much rather have Marvel or Star Wars.

#3859 The Ebbtide   Hi. CAGiversary!   1841 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

The Ebbtide

Posted 12 July 2022 - 06:06 AM

They dropped Mars Attack pinball down to $500 too...none around me, and I'd much rather have Marvel or Star Wars.

If it helps, you can do some steps to get all 30 pinball games on one machine. So if you find one machine for cheap, you can essentially justify it as a shell for any or all the current Arcade1Up pinball games.

Reading reviews, people seem to complain more about the actual pinball size for the Marvel and Star Wars games, making it hard to follow and react to with the flippers.

#3860 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   797 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 12 July 2022 - 03:12 PM

If it helps, you can do some steps to get all 30 pinball games on one machine. So if you find one machine for cheap, you can essentially justify it as a shell for any or all the current Arcade1Up pinball games.

Reading reviews, people seem to complain more about the actual pinball size for the Marvel and Star Wars games, making it hard to follow and react to with the flippers.

Yeah - the A1UP pinball machines are kinda sad because they were so close.  Higher resolution and a larger monitor would've really made them great.  As it is, they are a good idea with some decent compromises.  They are still fine, but the compromises are disappointing.

#3861 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2876 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2022 - 05:11 PM

I got offer emails today on some of those charity raffle things.  Namco legacy for $300 and Midway Legacy for $200...meh.

#3862 The Ebbtide   Hi. CAGiversary!   1841 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

The Ebbtide

Posted 22 July 2022 - 05:11 PM

Marvel Pinball for $450 at Home Depot.  Sale ends tomorrow.

ARCADE1UP Marvel Pinball II 195570010914 (homedepot.com)

#3863 The Ebbtide   Hi. CAGiversary!   1841 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

The Ebbtide

Posted 24 July 2022 - 05:51 PM

The price above still seems to be valid.  There's more than 1500 available, so the price could drop more if they're looking to eliminate the stock.

#3864 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   959 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2022 - 04:40 PM

$450 is a great price on the pinball since it’s so easy to soft mod it and add all 30 (or more) pinball tables to it.

I’d personally want the Attack From Mars cabinet if only for the art, but at the end of the day everyone should have all 30 anyway.

#3865 dschroll  

Posted 26 July 2022 - 05:10 AM

Marvel Pinball for $450 at Home Depot. Sale ends tomorrow.

ARCADE1UP Marvel Pinball II 195570010914 (homedepot.com)

Sold out

#3866 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 05 August 2022 - 07:24 PM

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 Arcade | Arcade1Up

They are releasing a thing.

#3867 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1331 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2022 - 07:30 PM

Pretty cool, depending on the price. Nice list of games. It makes me regret my Marvel Super Heroes cab a little, even though it's the limited edition cab.

It is misleading to say something hasn't been available since a certain amount of time, because they're only referring to digital. Yes, the physical versions on PS2, Xbox and DC are a little expensive, but I've had MvC2 on DC since near it's release and can play it at any point, with better fighting sticks.

Wifi is nice though.

#3868 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   735 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 05 August 2022 - 08:22 PM

The thing is, the list of games is large, but it's also a list of similar fighting games that do what mvc2 does, but with less. It's like releasing an arcade cabinet of the sims 4, with the sims 1, 2 and 3 also included. It's all probably there to help boost the price, but if you are already playing Mvc2, why bother playing any of the others?

#3869 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4151 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2022 - 09:24 PM

The thing is, the list of games is large, but it's also a list of similar fighting games that do what mvc2 does, but with less. It's like releasing an arcade cabinet of the sims 4, with the sims 1, 2 and 3 also included. It's all probably there to help boost the price, but if you are already playing Mvc2, why bother playing any of the others?

They should have thrown on there a 2 player version of X-Men the arcade game for some variety.  Heck even the two genesis xmen games as a bonus.

#3870 portnoyd   Amiiboversary! CAGiversary!   877 Posts   Joined 18.7 Years Ago  

portnoyd

Posted 05 August 2022 - 09:54 PM

According to reddit, price is $600.

This is ultra day one for me. I regret never modifying my Naomi cab to play MvC2 before getting rid of it before moving, but this makes up for it. And holy shit wifi wtf.