$50 Nintendo eShop Credit for $41.99 - MassGenie

Didn’t do this last time but bought it this time. Does the code get shipped after the deal ends?
From the listing:

How to locate your digital code: After the Power Deal ends, your digital code will be in the tracking ID located under your order history and via email under digital code.

Any indication on when the code will be delivered? Says the “Power Deal” ends in 2 days. Do a specific number of people have to purchase for the $10 coupon to activate? Site is very confusing.

The lack of responses is concerning. I have a feeling I’m going to end up calling my Credit Card company to have a $52 charge removed...

In the past, I've gotten the code within a few hours of the Power Deal ending.

Confusing, definitely, but also legit so far in my experience.

[quote name="Stridix" post="14180914" timestamp="1561224510"]

MG5OFFONTEXT $5 coupon also works...I just use a random number text generator and got the code. It should be the same for all.

Knocks the deal down to $36.99

*Edit* - YMMV - may just works for new user or people that haven't used the code b4.[/quotehen

When I use the code from the text it takes away the discount from the power deal. The power deal is using the promo code NIN50ESHOP. You got both codes to stack? Did you use the full site or mobile?

When I use the code from the text it takes away the discount from the power deal. The power deal is using the promo code NIN50ESHOP. You got both codes to stack? Did you use the full site or mobile?

MG5OFFONTEXT $5 coupon also works...I just use a random number text generator and got the code. It should be the same for all.

Knocks the deal down to $36.99

*Edit* - YMMV - may just works for new user or people that haven't used the code b4.

You are right. It didn't show it for me and it led to the $46.50 charge.

Must've been a glitch that it didn't show the initial promo code for me.

We'll see.  Just submitted two separate orders (otherwise it would have cost more than just going through Newegg since the coupon only applies once per order) so my total should come to about $82 if this succeeds.

Any indication on when the code will be delivered? Says the “Power Deal” ends in 2 days. Do a specific number of people have to purchase for the $10 coupon to activate? Site is very confusing.
once the power deal ends they ship the codes. If it helps put your mind at ease, last time this deal was going on I did two orders and had no issues. actually thinking about buying two more again to get more eshop vouchers.

once the power deal ends they ship the codes. If it helps put your mind at ease, last time this deal was going on I did two orders and had no issues. actually thinking about buying two more again to get more eshop vouchers.
Okay, thank you for input—it’ll help me be patient.

I took advantage of this three times last time they did it for vouchers and had no problems getting the codes once the power deal ended.

I got two codes last time they did this deal without any issues, but this time I just went for one code and now I'm having problems. Just like last time they told me I successfully got the deal and they charged my CC, but this time they followed up with an email saying my credit card was "unsuccessful" and they asked for an alternate payment method. I'm not about to give them another payment method, especially since they already charged my card for an order they've now put on hold. Hoping to get this resolved soon but I don't think I'll be using the site again. :shame:

I wonder if they oversold this time? Their reason for canceling my order seemed really odd to me since my CC has worked there before and I've never had issues with that card.

I see quite a few orders after mine say "successful" but mine and several others still say "pending" or "failed."  It also still shows as pending on my credit card statement which is probably why the seller is holding delivery.  Hope this crap gets sorted before Mario Maker 2 drops.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on Day 3 waiting.  Seems Chase isn't finalizing any of my transactions from this week.  Come on, Chase!  How long is it supposed to take?

I looked back in my email, and the last time I did this deal, as well as when I did a cheap Xbox Live deal, I got the code within 2-3 hours. This time, I got the email stating I was a winning buyer about 10 hours ago, but still haven't received the code. When I log in, it says the order is shipped, but the tracking number (which should actually be the code) is blank. I emailed so hopefully they'll respond quickly.

Just got both of mine. Had to update my payment for 2nd order b/c, for some unknown reason, they couldn’t process the order with the card I used for the first one. Odd.

FWIW, if you’re still playing the waiting game, call their customer service—they were very helpful.

I wasn't comfortable giving them a second payment method so I canceled mine. Great prices but I think I'll wait until they add PayPal before I buy from them again.

Update: I hit them up on Twitter and they manually pushed my order from "Pending" to "awaiting shipment."  For some reason it still shows as "pending" under my credit card online account even though more recent orders have just completed.  Hopefully I'll get the code tomorrow so I can still download Mario Maker 2 in time.

Alright, just as promised when they verified the payment it took less than 24 hours to receive my codes.  I received them about two hours ago and was able to redeem them for two vouchers and then download Super Mario Maker 2.  Thanks for posting this deal, Tyler.

And now that I've received my order the charges have mysteriously dropped from my credit card account 🤦‍♂️
Chase is over here making me look like some sort of scammer. I guess the lesson is not to use a Chase credit card to purchase this item

Looks like it jumped back up ... but for some reason it dropped down lower this morning ... no idea why.

Edit - just double checked and apparently the power deal was cancelled because “not enough people joined” ... which is bullshit. This site is shady ... I’m over it.

This seems to be up again. I kinda want to buy two to get vouchers, do they let you buy two separate times or is that code one time use only?

Ok, this is a bunch of BS. I ordered 2 codes, each with a different email so I could use the code on both, as it only applies to one product in the cart. I've now gotten an email from them on the second one, saying that the payment needs to be updated, as it can't run the card I originally used. 

#1. That's stupid because there's plenty of money on the card.

#2. It won't let me use my credit card either, even though there's plenty of balance on that.

I could see my bank thinking it's fishy that there are two payments of the same amount going to the same company at the same time, but when that happens, I usually get a text and I can approve it. No text at all. Then, to not accept my credit card, which is a totally different establishment is ridiculous. 

Anyone else having problems getting their codes from this?

This seems to be up again. I kinda want to buy two to get vouchers, do they let you buy two separate times or is that code one time use only?
just checkout twice. I got two a couple weeks ago when they did it and two when it popped up a few days ago. Just do two separate orders of one card.

I believe you can buy 1 per cycle. So once the clock counts down to zero it should let you purchase another.
Ah okay. I bought one right now. It said I won the power deal or whatever like 4 hours ago, and it's still pending though. I'm guessing this'll probably take a day or three since it's the weekend? Blergh.

Both times

just checkout twice. I got two a couple weeks ago when they did it and two when it popped up a few days ago. Just do two separate orders of one card.
Ahhhh.

do they let you buy two separate times or is that code one time use only?
I just checked out twice and was able to use the Power Deal discount AND the $1 off social sharing discount on each.

Anyone else having problems getting their codes from this?
My only issue is that the transaction had to be manually approved because it was stuck in Pending limbo for three days. A lot of merchants have fraud security that prevents the same payment method between accounts. This is common practice. You can't even swipe your card twice at McDonald's within a 10 minute period. If you contact customer service (I did so via Twitter) then they will likely get your issue sorted out within a couple days. This deal's been getting relisted so you'll likely have another chance but you have to work with them or you'll probably be out of luck.

I bought ps plus from them like 2 days ago with power deal or whatever it is and it was pending. Until I got an email today saying I need to update my payment method. Tried to use my credit card and still didn’t work. First of all, if it ain’t gonna work let us be able to use PayPal. I’ll give em a call tomorrow. MassGenie done goofed

I bought ps plus from them like 2 days ago with power deal or whatever it is and it was pending. Until I got an email today saying I need to update my payment method. Tried to use my credit card and still didn’t work. First of all, if it ain’t gonna work let us be able to use PayPal. I’ll give em a call tomorrow. MassGenie done goofed
This is the exact problem I've been having. I even bought in the second next time and am getting the same error.

Mines been in "Awaiting for Shipment" after I tweeted at them. I don't think I'll go for a deal at this site again tbh.

Just got this email after contacting them to get the status of an order I placed last week:

Hi,

This is to inform you that the seller is currently having an issue with their inventories. Please allow 24 to 48 hours for the seller to send the code. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
MassGenie Customer Service

I had credit card problems, too. Ended up cancelling my order.

Full story: Amex declined the first charge and texted me to confirm the charge. I confirmed with Amex, and retried with Massgenie. Second attempt went through on the card, but Massgenie told me it was still denied. I hit up chat and they said the name on my car was wrong, which is bull. Finally just told them I want to cancel. I'm not going to bother.

bread's done
Back