The Witcher Enhanced Edition FREE on GOG

Honestly, I never check the Mega Threads on this site. Wading through the dumb @ss comments to actually find out what deals are going on is mind numbing. I don't mind single posts like this if it's a good enough deal. 

Honestly, I never check the Mega Threads on this site. Wading through the dumb @ss comments to actually find out what deals are going on is mind numbing. I don't mind single posts like this if it's a good enough deal.

I support single threads on good deals. It is hard to wade through some threads.
This.

And if you search the last few posts in the mega thread.... at the time of his post, not one word of this deal.

(at the time of my post, the GOG thread hasn't been posted in since June 15th)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link and notice about the deal!

The process is a little vague as I don't run the GOG Galaxy software so here's what I ended up having to do.

First go to the gwent page, download it.   The installer is a combo of the GOG Galaxy software which once it's installed will prompt you to install Gwent.   You don't actually have to do the full 2GB+ download, instead just start it the download and that will put the game in your library from there (you can verify it through the website), then just pause/cancel the download.

The link in this thread should now allow you to Subscribe and get the game free through a button.  That'll open the witcher store page and after a few moments the price will adjust to $0.00 and you can add it to cart and check out.

Yes, exactly! Especially certain threads...which will go unnamed...that have grown accustomed to posted tons of non-gaming deals. Definitely a chore to wade through those anymore hoping somebody mentions an actual gaming deal.

I check the mega threads for the stuff I follow closely.  If I'm wondering what's on sale on PSN, I hit the OP in that thread and see what Frisky has listed.  Same for the Nintendo Eshop thread.  Nothing wrong with the megathreads and having a cool community of peeps to talk about game releases and get some feedback... and there's nothing wrong with highlighting an especially note worthy deal like a free game from GOG in a separate thread.   I haven't bought much in the last two years on Steam or GOG so typically I miss these deals if someone doesn't mention them.

Thanks for the link and notice about the deal!

The process is a little vague as I don't run the GOG Galaxy software so here's what I ended up having to do.

First go to the gwent page, download it. The installer is a combo of the GOG Galaxy software which once it's installed will prompt you to install Gwent. You don't actually have to do the full 2GB+ download, instead just start it the download and that will put the game in your library from there (you can verify it through the website), then just pause/cancel the download.

The link in this thread should now allow you to Subscribe and get the game free through a button. That'll open the witcher store page and after a few moments the price will adjust to $0.00 and you can add it to cart and check out.
Thank you.

Smooth process

got it. had to install gog galaxy as well. funny thing is it took like an hour to download gog galaxy 200MB from installer, yet the 2GB card game downloaded in the time it took me to open a web browser and claim witcher 1 O:)

bread's done
Back