- - - - -

Best Buy: Insignia Wireless Controller ($10) and Controller Extension Cable 2pk ($5) for NES/SNES Classic

#1 stryker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   495 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2019 - 04:28 AM

Best Buy: Insignia Wireless Controller ($10) and Controller Extension Cable 2pk ($5) for NES/SNES Classic.

#2 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12460 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2019 - 04:43 AM

Does anyone here have any first hand experience with the wireless controller?  Thinking of picking it up over the controller extensions.

#3 Chocoburger   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   424 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Chocoburger

Posted 27 June 2019 - 06:00 AM

Thanks, picked up the cables. I still haven't modded my SNES Classic yet (for shame lol!), but I'll be more motivated to do so with these controller extenders.

#4 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   532 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 27 June 2019 - 12:54 PM

Does anyone here have any first hand experience with the wireless controller?  Thinking of picking it up over the controller extensions.

I use one, haven't had any issues with it at all.  My only complaint is I have to buy batteries for it.

#5 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   999 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2019 - 01:21 PM

Does anyone here have any first hand experience with the wireless controller? Thinking of picking it up over the controller extensions.

It's nice and cheap, but I'd look into snagging an 8bitdo controller instead. Granted, it's more, but they'll work on PC too, as well as the Switch.

#6 blueArcana   Too fast for freedom CAGiversary!   1010 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

blueArcana

Posted 27 June 2019 - 03:59 PM

Are there any wires that convert classic controllers to standard usb?

#7 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   4946 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:19 PM

Any comparisons between these and the myarcade ones on clearance for $5 at Walmart?

#8 bigbadboaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   268 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

bigbadboaz

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:59 PM

Are there any wires that convert classic controllers to standard usb?

Converters, yes - not "wires" per se. Google Mayflash/check eBay.

Any comparisons between these and the myarcade ones on clearance for $5 at Walmart?

Shouldn't be any problem with either. A lot of these wires come out of the same Chinese factories, and for everyone's info, you can get functionally identical ones off eBay for closer to $2 than $5. Only difference is shipping time.

#9 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   4946 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2019 - 04:16 PM

Converters, yes - not "wires" per se. Google Mayflash/check eBay.

Shouldn't be any problem with either. A lot of these wires come out of the same Chinese factories, and for everyone's info, you can get functionally identical ones off eBay for closer to $2 than $5. Only difference is shipping time.

Sorry, should have specified the controllers was what I was asking about.  They are $5 at Walmart and the similar cords are $2.50 at Walmart.

#10 bigbadboaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   268 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

bigbadboaz

Posted 29 June 2019 - 05:54 AM

Ah. These particular controllers (both types), I would probably stick with OEM and just buy the cheapass cords while you can.