- - - - -

Meet "Switch Lite"

#31 Jurai  

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:50 AM

There's an additional rumor that the regular switch is getting a hardware refresh internally fwiw

#32 MOJBK  

Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:44 AM

The real thing to keep in mind is that 3ds games are probably gonna go on clearance very soon.

#33 sethrhf   The Watcher CAGiversary!   316 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:30 AM

I really do not understand why anyone would trade in or sell there current switch for this. It is a downgrade and it is actually not that much smaller then the current switch.   3.6 x 8.2 x 0.55 inches vs 4 x 9.4 x 0.55 inches. 

Seems like people are giving up a lot just for a d-pad.

Also now you can't use a flip grip on the Lite.

#34 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1227 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:25 PM

There's an additional rumor that the regular switch is getting a hardware refresh internally fwiw

That would be great, especially if it's to deal with the left joycon drift.

#35 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1227 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:27 PM

We wanted a second Switch, so this is right up my alley. I can get the second system, save $100 and have new hardware. They just need to make sure I can share game save data between systems.

#36 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5406 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:26 PM

Now that I think about it.  The Nintendo Switch Lite reminds me of the release of the 2DS. 

When there was already the 3DS and the 3DS XL.  If only this thing had an HDMI output port, it would be perfect for me as someone who doesn't own the original Switch.

#37 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4384 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:52 PM

No TV connection, No Rumble/HD Rumble, No pointer features, no joycons

Solid, full body construction, double battery life, smallers, stronger frame, D-pad

I'm thinking about getting it as a portable system since I hate using the switch itself in portable mode (it's unweildy feeling, my joycons feel loose, and there is a common problem of cracking on the system)

However, according to Gamestop, Nintendo is not allowing stores to offer pre-orders on the system yet.

#38 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4384 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:27 PM

Why those colors... Yellow, blue, grey? I don't want to pull the race card, but...

There is one more color,

6360895_sd.png

#39 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22713 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:03 AM

I'm kinda torn... was really wanting a Switch for Link's Awakening and hoping for a suped-up version. But they're only doing a trimmed down model and refresh. Given Nintendo constant hardware revisions and changes, I'm guessing they'll do that as soon as I buy whatever model. 

Might just buy a used one if I find one cheap enough instead. 

#40 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1227 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:12 PM

Beware buying used with the whole "left joycon drift" issue.  So many having this problem.  Since Nintendo won't really address it, some have just relied on sending theirs in for repair (if the console is still under warranty).   Hopefully this issue is addressed in the lite model. 

#41 donny2112   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   771 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

donny2112

Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:36 PM

Wario64 posted the Japanese Pokemon Edition is available for preorder.  Comes to ~$205 including shipping, so that should be a little cheaper than the U.S. version + tax, when it comes out (assuming exchange rates don't change a bunch between now and then).  Switch is region-free, so it should play all U.S. games, too.  Language is apparently based on Nintendo Account linked, as well.

https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B07V5NC4FD/

#42 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2296 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 15 July 2019 - 12:07 PM

This will happen when the Switch can play my 3DS games. Which will be never.

Fair point. I love my 3DS. 

#43 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2435 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 15 July 2019 - 12:44 PM

Via the 3DS subreddit, an approximate size comparison based on the provided measurements. Lower left hand corner seems most relevant. 

am wondering if the joysticks will feel identical to the Joycon sticks. What little I've played on a friend's system, I didn't love the controls, but I assume it's something you can get used to.

02wxk9zj2m931.png