* * * - - 29 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/30: End of Year Sale ends 12/23!

#10081 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   15086 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2021 - 01:35 AM

I can’t figure out what the hell is even happening on psn anymore. Web interface sucks, console interface sucks. Where’s the “deals” button? :( also each time a new musou style game is released another little part of me dies. I am now old man gamer.

That's because Playstation sucks. Used to be a time when half of us couldn't even check out through the web. They need to stop letting unpaid interns design the site.

#10082 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3672 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 14 January 2021 - 04:00 AM

That's because Playstation sucks. Used to be a time when half of us couldn't even check out through the web. They need to stop letting unpaid interns design the site.

No disagreements here.  They had come a long way, though.  In 2009, I got hacked, and they blocked my account.  They finally returned it to me in 2012 after I filed with the Better Business Bearue.  They tried to blame me, saying I should have called sooner.  Then when they were finally trying to make ammends, they still acted like I was a hacker or something.  "Tell you what.  How about we clear the credit in your account and call it even."  Really?  I have to lose $20 credit to get my account back?  They were truly a bunch of cocks.  I was nice to them because I didn't know I should stand up for myself.

By 2020 or so, things had improved somewhat... and welcome to 2021 where it's just a complete lack of functionality.  

I am glad I don't have to use the fucking "download list" anymore.  Jesus.

#10083 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70686 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 15 January 2021 - 09:52 PM

#10084 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1817 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2021 - 11:47 PM

Wow, like no posts in this thread for 42 hours.  

#10085 jupiterjones   WHAT THE CUSS!?! CAGiversary!   1169 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

jupiterjones

Posted 16 January 2021 - 12:25 AM

Anyone pick up the Scott Pilgrim rerelease? I assume it’ll go on sale sooner than later, but maybe Ubisoft will not fire sale a title for once? $15 isn’t terrible at all, but I just got SOR4 in, so my beat ‘em up threshold with be filled for a bit.

#10086 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   961 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2021 - 02:10 AM

I'm going to wait for a sale on Scott Pilgrim.  Honestly, the gameplay isn't that great - especially compared to the newer games that have been released since then like SOR4 and River City Girls.

#10087 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5894 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 16 January 2021 - 02:44 AM

Wow, like no posts in this thread for 42 hours.  

Lack of sales/deals I guess.  I miss when pcgamesupply used to do frequent psn card sales and sony did the 10-20% off coupons and sales.

#10088 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1504 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 16 January 2021 - 03:03 AM

Finished Bugsnax tonight and got the platinum. It wasn’t difficult, but definitely a quirky story and concept. I would recommend giving it a chance if you claimed it with PS+ recently.

#10089 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   758 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 16 January 2021 - 03:26 AM

I'm going to wait for a sale on Scott Pilgrim.  Honestly, the gameplay isn't that great - especially compared to the newer games that have been released since then like SOR4 and River City Girls.

Yeah, people might not remember but the PS3 version was actually given away on PS+ back in the day. When there was buzz about the game coming back I went and redownloaded it and played a little. I remembered very quickly why I didn't play very much of the game back then. It's not bad or anything but the gameplay feels very basic and it's especially noticeable these days after playing SOR4.

Will probably just wait until it's pretty cheap before I get it.

#10090 darthbster31   Herpaderp CAGiversary!   273 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

darthbster31

Posted 16 January 2021 - 03:30 AM

Yeah, people might not remember but the PS3 version was actually given away on PS+ back in the day. When there was buzz about the game coming back I went and redownloaded it and played a little. I remembered very quickly why I didn't play very much of the game back then. It's not bad or anything but the gameplay feels very basic and it's especially noticeable these days after playing SOR4.

Will probably just wait until it's pretty cheap before I get it.

Gameplay is okay, just a generic beat em up. That soundtrack though....

#10091 Omni99  

Posted 16 January 2021 - 08:11 AM

Finally had my first PS5 crash tonight. Spider Man MM had a video freeze, then the audio froze, then a horrible buzzing type sound before everything shut off. Took a couple minutes to turn back on, which was kinda tense waiting to see what the heck happened. Got the "rebuilding storage" message for a few seconds, then back up.

Did 125 hours in AC : Valhalla with literally 1 error that exited out of the game. No PS4 games or hard drives either. I'm thinking MM is just a game that does not like to play well with many PS5's from what I've read.

#10092 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1817 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2021 - 02:01 PM

Finished Bugsnax tonight and got the platinum. It wasn’t difficult, but definitely a quirky story and concept. I would recommend giving it a chance if you claimed it with PS+ recently.

There some pretty deep relationships and storylines there for a game where you shoot chocolate on a strawberry in a hamster ball so that a crab made of apples will dig up a pineapple spider.

I had so much fun figuring out how to capture the Bugsnax that I would pay full price for a sequel.  

#10093 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70686 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 16 January 2021 - 07:05 PM

#10094 NeedleInTheHay   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1192 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

NeedleInTheHay

Posted 16 January 2021 - 08:50 PM

Finally had my first PS5 crash tonight. Spider Man MM had a video freeze, then the audio froze, then a horrible buzzing type sound before everything shut off. Took a couple minutes to turn back on, which was kinda tense waiting to see what the heck happened. Got the "rebuilding storage" message for a few seconds, then back up.

Did 125 hours in AC : Valhalla with literally 1 error that exited out of the game. No PS4 games or hard drives either. I'm thinking MM is just a game that does not like to play well with many PS5's from what I've read.

I got my ps5 at launch and the only 2 crashes I’ve had were playing miles morales, other then that my console has been flawless.

#10095 warl0rd  

Posted 16 January 2021 - 08:58 PM

I got my ps5 at launch and the only 2 crashes I’ve had were playing miles morales, other then that my console has been flawless.

I have 2 crashes doing the platinum of Mile Morales and 2 crashes only doing the first 2 chapter of Cold War. After that I quit playing the campaign of Cold War.

#10096 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10422 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2021 - 09:05 PM

The PS5 OS needs a lot of work. I have a bunch of deleted games on my homepage and can’t get rid of them. I tried the download and cancel workaround and it doesn’t even work (maybe because my storage is maxed out?).

But you shouldn’t even have to do that. Why can’t it just have last played games like PS4 did? Or let you pick the tiles you want? I thought they’d have a system update to fix issues like this two months after release.

#10097 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10311 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:06 PM

I've had about 6 or 7 crashes. Most of mine were playing the Spider-Man remaster. Wasn't programmed very well. Also it may just be me, but Bugsnax grossed me out after a while. For some reason the moving around ribs and feeding the person ribs just made me so nauseous. It's OK,  but I wasn't a super fan even before getting grossed out and quitting the game. Pretty good graphics and voice acting, but eh everyone should try especially if they got it with the PS+. 

#10098 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   2119 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:37 PM

I found out you can’t use two external drives on a ps5. Why am I cursed with so many 2tb drives!?!?

#10099 Das_Regal   oh god CAGiversary!   1219 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 12:35 AM

2 months later PS5 thoughts...

Controller: unsurprisingly not enough software uses the Dualsense's unique features well, but it's decent overall. The Dualshock 4 was more comfortable in my hands without a doubt though and the PS button on the Dualsense sucks, so that's kind of sad. If I could still use my DS4 with my PS5 to play everything, I probably would. Of course, this doesn't take into account my biggest complaint about the DS4, which is its poor durability. So far, my PS5 controller is holding up fine.

Stability: I've had crashes with Cyberpunk 2077 before I refunded it and a grand total of one with AC Valhalla in like 70 hours of gameplay time, but none with Demon's Souls, Sackboy, or any other PS4 backwards compatible titles. Seems like if a game has stability issues it's because of the game, not the PS5. Pretty happy here. Also, my PS5 is quieter now than it was when I got it! Super cool too.

Performance/power: I wish more old titles were getting updated (Bloodborne), but everything that has gotten a fresh coat of paint runs/looks great. I'm a little disappointed by the quality modes in most games though; they barely look different and the drop in frame rate from 60 to 30 always makes the quality mode feel like a "check the box" afterthought. Demon's Souls is gorgeous and probably the only real next-gen looking thing, but it still plays like a PS3 title (because it is virtually unchanged).

Design: the look of the PS5 has grown on me and I like the UI a fair bit. I just wish that the Store portion of the playstation experience wasn't absolute trash. I don't think anyone disagrees that this is a huge weak point.

Exclusives: if you don't have a PS4 Pro, the PS5 shines really brightly as a console thanks to the strong back catalogue of PS4 games. If you do, I'm not sure it's worth struggling to acquire a PS5. It remains a great deal compared to the PC experience and will retain value, but Demon's Souls is the only true exclusive at this point. If you're a Souls fan, it's worth it.

Surprises: the storage space was even less of an issue than I thought... I really thought I was going to need a nice external SSD with all the games I bought, but I haven't really used one at all. It's so easy to install/uninstall/download/update things now, that I don't feel the need to keep so much on my console. I know that won't be true for everyone, but I'm a completionist/focused gamer, so for me the storage has been ample.

#10100 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   541 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted Yesterday, 01:08 AM

Thanks for all of the beta testing on the new console!!

#10101 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10422 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 01:19 AM

I actually haven’t had any crashes with my PS5. And it’s soooo nice to be able to play my PS4 backlog without an incredibly loud fan. Like I said, my only issue is the UI. No customization for backgrounds and those deleted game icons are a pain. It looks slicker than the PS4 UI but isn’t as functional.

#10102 flooderdooden  

flooderdooden

Posted Yesterday, 03:07 AM

I actually haven’t had any crashes with my PS5. And it’s soooo nice to be able to play my PS4 backlog without an incredibly loud fan. Like I said, my only issue is the UI. No customization for backgrounds and those deleted game icons are a pain. I looks slicker than the PS4 UI but isn’t as functional.

Just curious, when you’re talking about the PS5 and deleted game icons, are you referring to the thumbnail pics towards the top (in the upper row, after the PS Store and Explore icons) in the main menu?

#10103 samnite   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   60 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 03:13 AM

I finished AC Odyssey on the PS5 and recently started Red Dead Redemption 2. So far so good. I am using my old DS4s btw.

Also, I play FIFA and Madden PS5 versions occasionally. FIFA makes use of the dualsense by making the turbo button triggers harder to press as the game goes on in order to simulate low stamina. In the past you would just run slower when your stamina was low but now you have a physical resistance you fight.

#10104 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10422 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 03:29 AM

Just curious, when you’re talking about the PS5 and deleted game icons, are you referring to the thumbnail pics towards the top (in the upper row, after the PS Store and Explore icons) in the main menu?

I’m talking about the main row of icons in the middle of the screen.

Here’s a story about it (and the download method isn’t working for me to get rid of them).

https://www.pushsqua...o_the_main_menu

#10105 flooderdooden  

flooderdooden

Posted Yesterday, 06:23 AM

I’m talking about the main row of icons in the middle of the screen.

Here’s a story about it (and the download method isn’t working for me to get rid of them).

https://www.pushsqua...o_the_main_menu

Yeah, that’s what I thought you meant, but wanted to be sure. I’ve only run into that issue once with Astro’s Playroom. Deleted it via the Settings/Storage method, but the tile was still there. Scrolled over to the tile and hit the options button, and there was an option to delete there as well. Once i did that, the tile disappeared. Guessing that probably isn’t a standard option for other games when it happens, but figured I would share, just in case. Fortunately, I haven’t run into the issue otherwise. Hope they get it fixed for you sooner than later.

#10106 weretable   is that you baby, or just a brilliant disguise CAGiversary!   1084 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted Yesterday, 01:22 PM

I just wish the PS5 had been designed to actually sit flat horizontally like every other console I have.  It didn't need to look like a modded buiding from Cities Skylines.

#10107 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10422 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 01:56 PM

Yeah, that’s what I thought you meant, but wanted to be sure. I’ve only run into that issue once with Astro’s Playroom. Deleted it via the Settings/Storage method, but the tile was still there. Scrolled over to the tile and hit the options button, and there was an option to delete there as well. Once i did that, the tile disappeared. Guessing that probably isn’t a standard option for other games when it happens, but figured I would share, just in case. Fortunately, I haven’t run into the issue otherwise. Hope they get it fixed for you sooner than later.

Nope, all I get is an eject button for games that were never even on disc. Press it and it ejects the current game in the disc drive and leaves the deleted game title there. I have a bunch because with the limited storage space I’ve had to delete games to download others, etc.

#10108 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2946 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:17 PM

So I put a disc in my PS5 for the first time last night and of course it couldn't finish installing and gave a "dirty disc, try cleaning it and rebooting your PS5" error. :error: 

#10109 flooderdooden  

flooderdooden

Posted Today, 01:40 AM

So with the holiday sale set to end in the next day or so, I’m curious if anyone else is interested in sharing what they got. There were so many games on sale that it’s hard keeping up with all the deals (even with Frisky’s hard work). Trying to see if perhaps I missed any hidden gems or super good deals/price drops. This is what I picked up (so far). Anything else I should consider?

F32F4B2C-4F61-49C8-B315-BBB02A4C43FC.jpeg D16CA8EA-C86A-4AEB-B7DC-73E41916C831.jpeg

#10110 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5894 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted Today, 01:51 AM

I got nothing from this sale as there wasn't any good deals I was interested in sadly.