* * * - - 31 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 2/10: Big in Japan Sale ends 2/25, Critics' Choice Sale ends 2/18! NBA 2K21 Deal of the Week!

#3211 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   1115 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2020 - 02:27 PM

just curious to anyone that buys this, owns it, or already played it, did you have a ton of technical issues with the game? i had enemies spawn out of nowhere all around me, several problems with textures not showing up, artifacts, and loading issues galore. It kind of made me feel like a problem beginning with my ps4, but for all the graphical issues.

I just completed the Jedi Fallen Order story a few days ago and am currently finishing up a clean-up effort to get the Plat.  I didn't have any major technical problems with the game at all.  I saw some slow-loading textures every once and awhile, but nothing that I would call a major glitch or anything that broke the game.  I did notice that the game was patched at least twice since it came out, so maybe a lot of the major issues were taken care of before I started playing it in January, or maybe I just got lucky!

#3212 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71087 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 06 February 2020 - 03:45 PM

Does anyone have any opinions on Assassin’s Creed Odyssey? The gold edition seems like a good deal for $25....

You get ACIII Remastered with it, but Odyssey is a good game that has too much stuff in it. You can easily grind yourself into dust and burnout on it if you're a completionist, so you have to be cognizant of that and not worry too much about seeing everything in the game.

#3213 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71087 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 06 February 2020 - 03:58 PM

Capybara's Below is coming to PS4 this spring with a new Explore mode:

BELOW, Capy’s dark & deadly dungeon crawler, is coming to the Playstation 4 this spring, along with a brand new mode called EXPLORE, geared for players who value discovery over difficulty.

EXPLORE Mode features these changes to BELOW’s core rules:

- Reduced Survival Mechanics: No Hunger or Thirst.

- Traps, Damage & Death: No instant kills + All damage depletes player Health slowly through bleeding, giving players a chance to recover.

- Permanent Bonfire Checkpoints: Checkpoints can always be returned to after death, allowing players to continue progressing deeper into the underworld.

BELOW's original SURVIVE Mode exists in its pure, untouched form for player's excited to test their mettle against BELOW’s original challenge.

#3214 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3784 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 06 February 2020 - 05:05 PM

Explore mode sounds fun. It'd be nice if more games offered different play options like that.

#3215 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5593 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2020 - 07:26 PM

Does anyone have any opinions on Assassin’s Creed Odyssey? The gold edition seems like a good deal for $25....

I mean, maybe it’s just me, but the whole forcing you to have a romance (and child) with a specific derpy character just to tie the game into the rest of the franchise despite the initial promises that the player would never be forced into a romance he didn’t want really turned me off the DLC. I mean, some of the game’s defenders talk about the genetic memory thing the IP’s premise is based on, but as far as I can recall, you haven’t actually needed a descendent for that (just DNA) since Desmond stopped being a character.

Just left a bad taste in my mouth, and I didn’t want to support the DLC after that.

#3216 darthbster31   Herpaderp CAGiversary!   298 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

darthbster31

Posted 06 February 2020 - 08:12 PM

I mean, maybe it’s just me, but the whole forcing you to have a romance (and child) with a specific derpy character just to tie the game into the rest of the franchise despite the initial promises that the player would never be forced into a romance he didn’t want really turned me off the DLC. I mean, some of the game’s defenders talk about the genetic memory thing the IP’s premise is based on, but as far as I can recall, you haven’t actually needed a descendent for that (just DNA) since Desmond stopped being a character.
Just left a bad taste in my mouth, and I didn’t want to support the DLC after that.

I just finished this game 100% last night. Took me 2 months and my save was at 166 hours lol. Gold edition is a fantastic value, that's a lot of game plus ac3 and liberation remasters. As far as the dlc, yeah legacy was just meh, but the fate of Atlantis is really good. Just like origins with hidden ones and curse of the pharoahs.

#3217 Momouchi  

Posted 06 February 2020 - 08:49 PM

I would probably have BELOW's survive mode, but explore mode sounds right up my alley. I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for it and pick it up on it's first sale.

#3218 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1975 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2020 - 09:46 PM

Hmm.  The RE2 All In-Game Rewards unlock is still showing up at full price.  Hope they fix it.  Was kind of hoping to go back to it and do an overpowered run for a couple bucks.  Some people are reporting some other things that are supposed to be on sale are still at full price, too.

#3219 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71087 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 06 February 2020 - 10:01 PM

I'm going to do a birthday stream tonight at 9 PM ET/6 PM PT and stream one of the worst games I've ever played (Dogchild) and maybe some Rocket League at the end to wash out that bad taste.

#3220 MetalMegaGio   MetalMegaCAG CAGiversary!   3270 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

MetalMegaGio

Posted 06 February 2020 - 11:22 PM

Hmm. The RE2 All In-Game Rewards unlock is still showing up at full price. Hope they fix it. Was kind of hoping to go back to it and do an overpowered run for a couple bucks. Some people are reporting some other things that are supposed to be on sale are still at full price, too.

I went to buy that today as well and saw it back to full price. Hopefully they fix it today.

#3221 RiPPn  

Posted 07 February 2020 - 01:22 AM

Capybara's Below is coming to PS4 this spring with a new Explore mode:

Played this on Game Pass and this game has some of the cheapest deaths I've seen.  When you die it puts you back at the beginning and it takes so long to get back after you die that I rage quit.  The explore mode sounds like a very welcome addition.

#3222 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71087 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 07 February 2020 - 02:32 AM

My birthday stream with Dogchild is now live (link).

#3223 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1776 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2020 - 03:05 AM

Thank you for all the feedback on Assassin’s Creed Odyssey CAGs! This is why this is the best forum on the planet!

#3224 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4185 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 07 February 2020 - 03:06 AM

My birthday stream with Dogchild is now live (link).

Happy birthday Frisky!

#3225 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1650 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Soma_Cruz

Posted 07 February 2020 - 04:52 PM

Hmm.  The RE2 All In-Game Rewards unlock is still showing up at full price.  Hope they fix it.  Was kind of hoping to go back to it and do an overpowered run for a couple bucks.  Some people are reporting some other things that are supposed to be on sale are still at full price, too.

Yeah I thought I'd get Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland on sale since I have the other one and it shows full price when I click it. It's a new sale though, I'm sure it will be fixed before long.

#3226 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   38007 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2020 - 04:54 PM

Yeah I thought I'd get Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland on sale since I have the other one and it shows full price when I click it. It's a new sale though, I'm sure it will be fixed before long.

Did you add it to the cart? The price should correctly show there.

#3227 MetalMegaGio   MetalMegaCAG CAGiversary!   3270 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

MetalMegaGio

Posted 07 February 2020 - 05:56 PM

Well The RE2 All In-Game Rewards Unlock is still not showing up at its sale price so maybe it was a mistake when they put it on sale. I should’ve just grabbed it when I first saw it, oh well.

#3228 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1975 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2020 - 09:20 PM

Well The RE2 All In-Game Rewards Unlock is still not showing up at its sale price so maybe it was a mistake when they put it on sale. I should’ve just grabbed it when I first saw it, oh well.

I don't think it's a mistake.  I mean, it's even in the sale list on the PS Blog.  Not sure why it's at full price.

#3229 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71087 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 07 February 2020 - 10:34 PM

Looks like there's a new Remasters & Retro sale going on until 2/21:

https://store.playst...n=asc&sort=name

#3230 JammerFi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   229 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2020 - 10:51 PM

FYI - Double Dragon Arcade Archives is part of the sale. Keep in mind there’s a Double Dragon/Kunio Ken collection coming later this month, so I wouldn’t necessarily recommend buying DD just because it’s on sale now.

#3231 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10567 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:02 PM

Am I the only one that is disappointed in the retro sale? I kind of hoped for more PS1 classics or PS2 on PS3 classics, but dead system I guess. That's why they don't really care about the Vita anymore either.

#3232 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9310 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:34 PM

The Retro Sale's not terrible.
Certainly better than the other sale this week.

#3233 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   38007 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:35 PM

Am I the only one that is disappointed in the retro sale? I kind of hoped for more PS1 classics or PS2 on PS3 classics, but dead system I guess. That's why they don't really care about the Vita anymore either.

Nope, I'm there with you. Only Doom 3 on PS4 for me.

#3234 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1119 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:51 PM

FYI - Double Dragon Arcade Archives is part of the sale. Keep in mind there’s a Double Dragon/Kunio Ken collection coming later this month, so I wouldn’t necessarily recommend buying DD just because it’s on sale now.

The new collection is only Famicom/NES games.

#3235 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1593 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2020 - 12:09 AM

Picked up

Double Dragon
Last Blade 2
Mark of the Wolves
Soul Calibur Deluxe

#3236 juubei1i   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   358 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2020 - 01:17 AM

I know this isn't really the place for this but this thread is active and I'm sure someone on here knows the answer.  so back at the end of Nov. Rakuten had a deal on ps+ and I bought a code for my son.  I find out today he had not entered it and now it doesn't work.  do these codes expire?  thx.

#3237 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10567 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2020 - 01:37 AM

I know this isn't really the place for this but this thread is active and I'm sure someone on here knows the answer.  so back at the end of Nov. Rakuten had a deal on ps+ and I bought a code for my son.  I find out today he had not entered it and now it doesn't work.  do these codes expire?  thx.

I one time forgot to activate one off Amazon for 4 months and it worked. Message Rakuten support and good luck!

#3238 bigbadboaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

bigbadboaz

Posted 08 February 2020 - 02:22 AM

Yeah, I don't believe they should be expiring in that sort of timeframe by any stretch. More likely you were sold a duplicate code.

#3239 tangytangerine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4379 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

tangytangerine

Posted 08 February 2020 - 04:46 AM

Ended up spending $15.51 w/ tax and getting from the Retro sale:

Breath of Fire IV

Dino Crisis 1 & 2

Mega Man Legends 1 & 2

Misadventures of Tron Bonne

Strider 2

Don't forget that Strider 2 was 2 discs, so you get Strider 2 and the original Strider as part of the deal.  Also, too bad they didn't include Breath of Fire III on PSP for the sale(since IV is on sale).

#3240 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71087 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 08 February 2020 - 03:55 PM