* * * - - 31 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 2/10: Big in Japan Sale ends 2/25, Critics' Choice Sale ends 2/18! NBA 2K21 Deal of the Week!

#5731 Glas   Rhythm Game Maniac CAGiversary!   405 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2020 - 02:36 AM

*Grabs Popcorn*

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

#5732 CrepeNuts  

Posted 20 June 2020 - 03:10 AM

You can claim it if you create a new PSN account.

Just download it under the new account and it will be available to play under your main one, with no PS Plus restrictions.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Just tried on my German PSN account. Says you need PS+ in order to redeem.

#5733 Ervgotti85   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1141 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2020 - 03:31 AM

Just tried on my German PSN account. Says you need PS+ in order to redeem.

Create a new US PSN account. I was able to claim it on my Dad's account and he has never had PS+.

#5734 Razzel   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   878 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2020 - 04:20 AM

Last of Us 2 - Trash story that relies on subverting expectations, the laziest style of storytelling. The gameplay and graphics though are superb!! Gorgeous game with brutal combat

#5735 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71087 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 20 June 2020 - 04:39 AM

Loving The Last of Us Part 2 so far, though I'm only about two hours in so far. Very nice evolution of what the first game did with a much better stealth system to it and an easier way to tell when enemies can see you, though there are a variety of options to make that stuff easier or harder. They do a good job of evolving beyond the general corridor design of The Last of Us to be more spread out and more open to explore, which lets you breathe a bit more and enjoy your surroundings.

The wide range of accessibility options is amazing and genuinely makes me happy to be able to have more fine control over things that help me out (hearing issues mainly) without compromising the game experience itself. I hope that stuff becomes more of a norm for every company out there that wants to make their games more accessible to those with various types of issues. It even has a nice option when starting a new save to turn off the pre-order bonuses if you want to start at zero, which should be an option for any of these remastered games that come with all of the DLC that gives you high level weapons, vehicles, etc that ruins the original progression balance that game had at launch.

#5736 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   15267 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2020 - 05:10 AM

I see most of you would be safe from the cordyceps brain infection.

#5737 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4185 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 20 June 2020 - 05:41 AM

Loving The Last of Us Part 2 so far, though I'm only about two hours in so far. Very nice evolution of what the first game did with a much better stealth system to it and an easier way to tell when enemies can see you, though there are a variety of options to make that stuff easier or harder. They do a good job of evolving beyond the general corridor design of The Last of Us to be more spread out and more open to explore, which lets you breathe a bit more and enjoy your surroundings.

The wide range of accessibility options is amazing and genuinely makes me happy to be able to have more fine control over things that help me out (hearing issues mainly) without compromising the game experience itself. I hope that stuff becomes more of a norm for every company out there that wants to make their games more accessible to those with various types of issues. It even has a nice option when starting a new save to turn off the pre-order bonuses if you want to start at zero, which should be an option for any of these remastered games that come with all of the DLC that gives you high level weapons, vehicles, etc that ruins the original progression balance that game had at launch.

Couldn't agree more, I'm about 5 hours in and the game is very good so far. It has been very hard for me to put it down.

#5738 Biggzy32   Let's fight like gentlemen! CAGiversary!   1092 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2020 - 07:09 AM

wait til you see the stealth areas where you have to sneak through the clickers lives matter protests

Lol

#5739 ritchardf  

Posted 20 June 2020 - 10:36 AM

Pretty telling that you see black people as monsters from a video game.

this is a naughty dog game, there are no black people until the standalone dlc comes out.

#5740 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71087 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 June 2020 - 01:14 AM

Streaming the early parts of The Last of Us Part II (link).

Edit: That was a hell of a moment to end on. Archive from hours 1-3. No spoilers.

#5741 the_ENEMY_   Undead CAGiversary!   1307 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

the_ENEMY_

Posted 21 June 2020 - 03:15 AM

We need some type of PSN game wishlist with possibly alerts when prices change.

#5742 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4018 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2020 - 03:18 AM

psprices.com is your friend

#5743 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3784 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 21 June 2020 - 04:47 AM

I just wish we were able to gift games..

#5744 SackAttack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   891 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

SackAttack

Posted 21 June 2020 - 09:11 AM

The website has a wishlist and if you click it, it'll tell you if stuff is on sale. No alerts, though.

#5745 Onyxmeth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   452 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Onyxmeth

Posted 21 June 2020 - 12:32 PM

So, I just got God of War from the buy 2 get 1 free Target sale. Does anybody have any tips that I should know before playing the game.

Put the disc in graphics side up.

#5746 Zantra  

Zantra

Posted 21 June 2020 - 02:13 PM

Put the disc in graphics side up.

Hilarious, but it's a digital copy.

#5747 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3049 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2020 - 03:31 PM

I thought B2G1 promos were always for physical copies. 

#5748 Zantra  

Zantra

Posted 21 June 2020 - 04:26 PM

I thought B2G1 promos were always for physical copies.

I got it to work in store with a download card, because they had no physical copies of God of War left. Sometimes you just have to find a nice manager or employee.

#5749 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1601 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted 21 June 2020 - 08:01 PM

So, I just got God of War from the buy 2 get 1 free Target sale. Does anybody have any tips that I should know before playing the game. All the trailers that I have seen makes it seem like a very pretty third person walking simulator with some combat thrown in. Does it have any RPG elements to it, or QTEs like the older games?

There's actually a pretty good amount of combat, not much enemy variety though. You level and spend skill points to unlock abilities, and you collect different gear and can upgrade your weapons a bit.

#5750 SackAttack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   891 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

SackAttack

Posted 21 June 2020 - 09:15 PM

I wish there were an easy way to tell if games have subtitles on by default because I would buy those sight unseen just to support the notion. I'm hearing-impaired myself, and it bugs me when I miss an intro cinematic or other audio content at the start of a game because I have to wait until after that intro to get access to the 'enable subtitles' option.

Assuming the game has subtitles to begin with (and even in 2020, many do not).

#5751 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71087 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 June 2020 - 09:47 PM

I wish there were an easy way to tell if games have subtitles on by default because I would buy those sight unseen just to support the notion. I'm hearing-impaired myself, and it bugs me when I miss an intro cinematic or other audio content at the start of a game because I have to wait until after that intro to get access to the 'enable subtitles' option.

Assuming the game has subtitles to begin with (and even in 2020, many do not).

It runs you through a quick set of accessibility stuff before it gets to the main menu, but you can then go through the options there for anything you're interested in turning on or off. It doesn't do anything until you're ready for it.

#5752 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5822 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2020 - 09:49 PM

Flip your system upside down.

#5753 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6336 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 21 June 2020 - 10:47 PM

Flip your system upside down.

Or better yet put it on a rotating hamster wheel like contraption like those swim suit tumblers. 

#5754 Miketheking   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   511 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Miketheking

Posted 21 June 2020 - 10:59 PM

When was the last time we had a flash sale? Last time I remember seeing one was like 2+ months ago.

#5755 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4125 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 22 June 2020 - 12:29 AM

I’ve been waiting for Burnout Paradise to go on sale again. Pretty stoked it’s only $10!

#5756 Moofboy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   596 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2020 - 12:33 AM

I’ve been waiting for Burnout Paradise to go on sale again. Pretty stoked it’s only $10!

It’s been lower if you want to wait a bit longer. I think I grabbed it for $6 a while back.

#5757 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6336 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 22 June 2020 - 03:32 AM

According to the price tracker it's gone as low as 4.99 without plus but has been averaging 7.99 since feb

#5758 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9310 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 22 June 2020 - 04:07 AM

It's been $5 pretty much everywhere but Switch.

#5759 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4018 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2020 - 04:10 PM

$49.99 for Burnout Paradise on Switch is a fucking travesty lol

Glad I paid $5 on PS4 months ago

#5760 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71087 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 June 2020 - 04:39 PM