* * * - - 31 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 2/10: Big in Japan Sale ends 2/25, Critics' Choice Sale ends 2/18! NBA 2K21 Deal of the Week!

#6301 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 22 July 2020 - 02:04 PM

As someone who occasionally watches videogame coverage on YouTube it would be hard to NOT know that the TLOU2 story sucks. 

People can express their feelings, I'm addressing the people who are going overboard and threatening the creators/actors. That's fricking ridiculous. Just say you hated the game's story and move on. If you make a funny skit on YouTube that makes me chuckle I'll even give you a watch and a like. 

Oh, I ain't down with going so far to threaten creators. That's taking expression to a level thatl is beyond anything I would ever touch.

Reminds me when I was a kid in the 90's when DC replaced Hal Jordan with Kyle Rayner in Green Lantern and some disgruntled fans started bullying and threatening the artist's  teenager daughter. At some point you really do just have to let it go.

#6302 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11251 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2020 - 03:27 PM

Anyone see any deals on Ghost of Tsushima?

#6303 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1745 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 22 July 2020 - 03:51 PM

I haven’t, and even used copies on eBay are going for MSRP or more. Ended up just buying it digitally after hearing it has 50-60+ hours of gameplay between story, side quests, and collectibles.

#6304 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4100 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2020 - 04:09 PM

It’s worth full price IMO.

I paid for the Digital Deluxe (which you don’t need) and it’s super fun. Lots to do too. Well worth the $60.

#6305 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71302 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 July 2020 - 04:17 PM

Summer sale is live:
https://store.playst...n=asc&sort=name

Ends 8/20 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT

#6306 MR X   Unknown Member CAGiversary!   94 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2020 - 04:33 PM

I bought a copy for $50 +tax on eBay last Friday. They all sold out in less than 10 minutes. It was legit, I got it yesterday.

#6307 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1745 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 22 July 2020 - 05:15 PM

Yeah one was just listed at $50 OBO...that’ll go quick

#6308 Omni99  

Posted 22 July 2020 - 05:17 PM

And of course the one bundle I want of MK11 is the only one not on sale.

#6309 CrepeNuts  

Posted 22 July 2020 - 06:56 PM

This sale seems to have most things that have been the same price on sale in the past. At least I plan on finally getting FFXV Royal Edition since I want more after finishing VII Remake.

#6310 bearranza  

bearranza

Posted 22 July 2020 - 07:30 PM

"Saved" $103 picking up Control, CTR and FIFA 20. 

#6311 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10710 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2020 - 09:16 PM

Think I'm only possibly going to get Tekken 7. Not too sure though as I don't play fighting games as often anymore. 

#6312 elessar123  

Posted 22 July 2020 - 09:55 PM

Tekken S3 doesn't look to be on sale, which has all broken OP characters, if you're planning on playing online.

#6313 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71302 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 July 2020 - 10:00 PM

Reminder that the previous sales end tonight at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT.

#6314 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5935 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 22 July 2020 - 10:21 PM

Think I'm only possibly going to get Tekken 7. Not too sure though as I don't play fighting games as often anymore.

It's included in both PS Now and Game Pass, so if you have one of those, save yourself the money. You'll get your fill of the game by renting it.

#6315 NeedleInTheHay   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1230 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

NeedleInTheHay

Posted 22 July 2020 - 10:35 PM

FYI you cannot subscribe to EA Access without a credit card on file. I guess I’ll just buy NFS Heat cause that’s the main game I wanted to play.

#6316 ritchardf  

Posted 22 July 2020 - 10:49 PM

FYI you cannot subscribe to EA Access without a credit card on file. I guess I’ll just buy NFS Heat cause that’s the main game I wanted to play.

i just got a virtual number from a credit card and removed it after signing up.

#6317 the_ENEMY_   Undead CAGiversary!   1307 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

the_ENEMY_

Posted 22 July 2020 - 10:50 PM

Anyone play Torchlight 2 on ps4? i think this is the lowest its been @ $11.99

Seems like a misstep that you can't play couch coop here. I have 2 kids and they would probably love this.

Also hear there was an issue with lack of end game... but I haven't seen a review in a while.

#6318 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13833 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 23 July 2020 - 01:20 AM

Summer sale is live:
https://store.playst...n=asc&sort=name
Ends 8/20 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT

Wow this guy can't even Ctrl+C + Ctrl+V the links to every game anymore. You guys were right.

#6319 Miketheking   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   514 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Miketheking

Posted 23 July 2020 - 01:23 AM

I would finally get DW8 and ToV but I doubt I play them and it's about time to move on.

#6320 nabor605   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   382 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

nabor605

Posted 23 July 2020 - 04:15 AM

So I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this already, but we don't really get any sales on PS1 and PS2 Classics on PS3 and PSP games anymore, do we? I'm finally thinking of getting the Shin Megami Tensei and Persona games, but of course they haven't been on sale since early 2017 according to PSPrices. I'm not sure how I somehow failed to ever buy any of them before during those sales...ah well.

#6321 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 23 July 2020 - 06:58 AM

Am I a foolish dreamer to keep hoping for discounts on Marvel Puzzle Quest DLC?

#6322 SackAttack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   927 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

SackAttack

Posted 23 July 2020 - 08:48 AM

No more than for hoping for more MPQ DLC to actually get released. Womp womp.

#6323 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1849 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2020 - 12:26 PM

There's MPQ DLC?

I can save you a lot of money.  Get the game on Android and get everything it has for free.

#6324 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10710 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2020 - 01:50 PM

So I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this already, but we don't really get any sales on PS1 and PS2 Classics on PS3 and PSP games anymore, do we? I'm finally thinking of getting the Shin Megami Tensei and Persona games, but of course they haven't been on sale since early 2017 according to PSPrices. I'm not sure how I somehow failed to ever buy any of them before during those sales...ah well.

You can almost add PSVita to that list now. If it's not a PS2 or PS3 on PS4 classic/remaster/whatever it likely wont get a sale anymore. Even during retro sales, where these should go on sale, they aren't touched anymore.

#6325 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   845 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 23 July 2020 - 02:37 PM

You can almost add PSVita to that list now. If it's not a PS2 or PS3 on PS4 classic/remaster/whatever it likely wont get a sale anymore. Even during retro sales, where these should go on sale, they aren't touched anymore.

Pretty much this, but there are a few exceptions. Been filling out my wish list lately and checking psprices and noticed that Square, Capcom, and Konami still actually put their non-PS4 games on sale on a fairly regular basis. Going to start trying to pick up all the ones I've wanted but just never got around to buying.

I think the Atlus PS2 classics never going on sale might have to do with Sega. When I was looking at prices I noticed that non-PS4 Sega games don't really go on sale much anymore either which the exception of the Sonic games. 

#6326 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 23 July 2020 - 04:11 PM

There's MPQ DLC?

I can save you a lot of money. Get the game on Android and get everything it has for free.

Yes. Thor, Hulk, Punisher, Deadpool and Doc Oc. I'd rather play on my big screen TV but cool to know all that is free on a phone.

#6327 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10710 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2020 - 04:26 PM

Been playing quite a bit of Ghosts of Tsushima. This is the most samurai game in a long time. It's not perfect, as I feel the characters and story are one dimensional at times, and the character models are just good. The fighting is visceral, the landscape gorgeous and it's just fun to play. I'm not going to go crazy getting collectibles, but will aim to do all the missions I find. I don't care about trophies and just want to finish the game. Likely an 8/10 game for me and I generally grow bored of open world games easily. An example of this is me replaying Saints Row 3 earlier this year (the old version on PC) and playing a few hours but growing tired of the story and all. I just am not much of an open world type person.

#6328 super1upqueen   Shinobi Student CAGiversary!   289 Posts   Joined 1.3 Years Ago  

super1upqueen

Posted 23 July 2020 - 05:52 PM

Been playing quite a bit of Ghosts of Tsushima. This is the most samurai game in a long time. It's not perfect, as I feel the characters and story are one dimensional at times, and the character models are just good. The fighting is visceral, the landscape gorgeous and it's just fun to play. I'm not going to go crazy getting collectibles, but will aim to do all the missions I find. I don't care about trophies and just want to finish the game. Likely an 8/10 game for me and I generally grow bored of open world games easily. An example of this is me replaying Saints Row 3 earlier this year (the old version on PC) and playing a few hours but growing tired of the story and all. I just am not much of an open world type person.

You nailed a lot of my sentiments, too. I also have a tendency to lose interest in these grand (follow the map marker) open world games, so I fear I may drop it before finishing, especially because I agree the characters and story are just ok. I think the combat is very cool, though I'm not a fan of the heavy, laborious camera. It's just not very intuitive and can ruin battles. I feel like an 8/10 is a great rating, but I'd give it a 7/10 simply because these kind of games have never really been my thing.

It would be like if I handed my husband (who loves these kinds of games) an amazing JRPG that I love, like a Persona game or Dragon Quest XI or something. He would agree it's a good game, but those games just aren't his thing, so he'd probably hand me a 7/10 rating. GoT is a great game and I look forward to exploring its world more, but it's just not my favorite genre.

#6329 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10710 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2020 - 06:01 PM

Oh the camera during battles with 4 or 5 people is a mess. The targeting is also very sloppy and I have no idea if I'm aiming at the right angle to parry correctly or dodge an attack well. I am playing on a PS4 original too, so slowdowns every now and then, but it's nothing major that has caused me to lose a battle or anything. I like it and will play it while I'm still interested in it. By the time I get to the later story acts I may be tapped out. Happens all the time in these big open world games.

#6330 super1upqueen   Shinobi Student CAGiversary!   289 Posts   Joined 1.3 Years Ago  

super1upqueen

Posted 23 July 2020 - 06:11 PM

Oh the camera during battles with 4 or 5 people is a mess. The targeting is also very sloppy and I have no idea if I'm aiming at the right angle to parry correctly or dodge an attack well. I am playing on a PS4 original too, so slowdowns every now and then, but it's nothing major that has caused me to lose a battle or anything. I like it and will play it while I'm still interested in it. By the time I get to the later story acts I may be tapped out. Happens all the time in these big open world games.

Oh yeah, that happened to me with Assassin's Creed Odyssey: I played for a while and loved the exploration, but I just got really burned out. Sometimes these games are just too massive that it's easy to get side-tracked, forget what's going on, and then put the game down.

My husband almost finished Odyssey, but then they raised the level cap in their greedy attempt to sell EXP boosters, forcing him to grind to keep his preferred gear up to date, so he dropped it like a bad habit.