* * * - - 31 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 2/10: Big in Japan Sale ends 2/25, Critics' Choice Sale ends 2/18! NBA 2K21 Deal of the Week!

#10561 Linkachu  

Linkachu

Posted 19 February 2021 - 07:39 PM

As of today, I'm done running deal threads here for the PSN and eShop deals. It's been a great run, but this pandemic has made trying to keep up with these deals more of a drain on my mental health as I gave up too much of my free time to try to get them done the best way I could. I have to do what's best for me and move on to things that bring me more joy and creative fulfillment. These days, Deku Deals and PSN Prices do a better job of keeping up with this stuff than I can ever do, so I'll let somebody else take over these threads and wish them all the best. I'll lock this thread on Sunday so whoever wants to take over can start their own thread.

I appreciate all of the support over the years for the various things I've shared and wish you all the best in these tough times.

Appreciate your efforts, and yes, please take care of your mentals.

#10562 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1636 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 19 February 2021 - 09:13 PM

Thank for all of the hard work Frisky! Take care and stay safe!

#10563 Moofboy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   586 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2021 - 10:00 PM

As of today, I'm done running deal threads here for the PSN and eShop deals. It's been a great run, but this pandemic has made trying to keep up with these deals more of a drain on my mental health as I gave up too much of my free time to try to get them done the best way I could. I have to do what's best for me and move on to things that bring me more joy and creative fulfillment. These days, Deku Deals and PSN Prices do a better job of keeping up with this stuff than I can ever do, so I'll let somebody else take over these threads and wish them all the best. I'll lock this thread on Sunday so whoever wants to take over can start their own thread.

I appreciate all of the support over the years for the various things I've shared and wish you all the best in these tough times.

Thanks for all you have done with the thread and the recommendations you have given over the years Frisky! Always appreciated your input on games. Take care of yourself!

#10564 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6218 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 19 February 2021 - 10:20 PM

Feel better soon frisky. You will be missed. This site is going to be a graveyard without you.

#10565 CrepeNuts  

Posted 19 February 2021 - 10:24 PM

I don't understand why the thread needs to be closed...

#10566 Tyga24   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1215 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2021 - 10:35 PM

Thanks for all the hard work over the years and truly appreciate everything Frisky!

#10567 MobileFrank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   106 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

MobileFrank

Posted 19 February 2021 - 10:35 PM

I've always admired your dedication to this thread Frisky. I've been coming here for about 10 years to look at the psn deals in your nice, neat format. It's the end of an era. Much love and happiness to you. Thanks for all the work.

#10568 envelopes   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   494 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2021 - 10:46 PM

Your run was what, almost thirteen years? Really incredible. I've regularly admired your dedication in the past, while at the same time wondering how you could possibly keep it up. I'm glad you were able to for so long, but I'm also really glad you're stepping down now and doing what's best for you. Thanks a ton for all of the memories!

#10569 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1340 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2021 - 11:32 PM

Me neither.  Just because there won't be deal lists posted, doesn't mean we can't continue using the thread to discuss PSN games and deals.

#10570 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3749 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 19 February 2021 - 11:52 PM

I've said it before, but for my money FriskyTanuki is the hardest working man on Cheapassgamer. Your work will definitely be missed, but taking care of yourself always comes first.

#10571 eXTechno   Techno CAGiversary!   386 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

eXTechno

Posted 20 February 2021 - 12:24 AM

Fristy for CAG Hall of Fame

#10572 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3749 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 20 February 2021 - 12:28 AM

On deals, Touhou Double Focus looks like a fun Metroidvania, especially for just a dollar. I haven't played it yet, but I got it bundled with Touhou Genso Wanderer.

#10573 ToddManG   The one with the cape CAGiversary!   324 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2021 - 12:34 AM

Me neither. Just because there won't be deal lists posted, doesn't mean we can't continue using the thread to discuss PSN games and deals.

My guess is because he keeps the OP and title updated with the latest deals. With his attention to detail it would probably leave an itch to have incorrect deals and bad links hanging around with his name on it.

It's easy enough for someone to create a general discussion and deals thread and start fresh.

Edit: also wanted to say thanks. Especially with the updated storefront I would often wait and scan your lists rather than use the PSN store

#10574 Lucian   Officer Friendly CAGiversary!   1489 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2021 - 01:49 AM

Thank you, Frisky! You did an amazing job in the thread.

#10575 MikeIsGood   CAG'n Since 04 CAGiversary!   217 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

MikeIsGood

Posted 20 February 2021 - 02:25 AM

Thanks so much for your dedication over the years Frisky! Always been greatly appreciated, and wish you the best.

#10576 Chainsaw_charlie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   594 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Chainsaw_charlie

Posted 20 February 2021 - 02:26 AM

Thanks Frisky for the work and updates all these years

#10577 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9232 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 20 February 2021 - 02:04 PM

I remember my tenure on the Xbox thread and how much work it was, so you've always had my respect for what you do even if we butted heads sometimes. I was kind of hoping someone would eventually offer to take over for you in the eShop thread because managing two of these threads seemed like far too much work for one single person. In any case, thank you for your hard work over the years and enjoy a well-earned retirement.

#10578 numchuk nate   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   83 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

numchuk nate

Posted 20 February 2021 - 03:19 PM

Echoing everyone’s sentiment—I’ve truly appreciated all the work on these threads, Frisky. Truly.

#10579 simmias   Likely to be eaten by a grue CAGiversary!   4789 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2021 - 09:15 PM

Edit: also wanted to say thanks. Especially with the updated storefront I would often wait and scan your lists rather than use the PSN store

Just use this site. It's amazing. https://platprices.com/en-us/

#10580 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3795 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2021 - 10:01 PM

I think PSPrices is great, but it's better to post the best of the deals here so people can have a conversation about the games on sale.  

#10581 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1601 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 20 February 2021 - 11:32 PM

Just use this site. It's amazing. https://platprices.com/en-us/

This seems to be a really great pricing website. Thanks for the recommendation!

#10582 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10510 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2021 - 01:32 AM

Going through some PS4 physicals. Deciding what I keep/sell/donate and what to play eventually. Going to do more of these likely have about 40 games to go for those interested. If anyone has any comments let me know.

Spoiler

#10583 FinderKeeper   Eternal n00b CAGiversary!   416 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

FinderKeeper

Posted 21 February 2021 - 07:16 AM

Thanks Frisky! You put a lot of effort into the deal threads over the years and you've no doubt saved us CAGs an incredible amount of money. You're a CAG MVP for sure.  :whee:

#10584 Unaki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   697 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2021 - 07:32 AM

Omega Quintet - This IF game almost put me to sleep. The battle system was kind of wonky and there are character tropes with somewhat bad voice acting. Graphics are OK enough. Story seems really dumb after doing 1 main mission and saving after a bit over an hour of gameplay. 6/10 and a good chance for dropping/selling

I'd definitely be interested in OQ or any other physical JRPGs you might have if the price is right.

#10585 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70973 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 February 2021 - 01:50 PM

Thanks for all of the nice things you've been saying. It means a lot. I'll be doing more streaming and video stuff that has been a good stress reliever for me over the past few years, but I'll still be around here.

#10586 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3762 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2021 - 04:46 PM

Just use this site. It's amazing. https://platprices.com/en-us/

That is a nice one I didn't know about.

Besides psprices.com I also use psdeal.net.

There are so many options available it's nice to have a selection.

#10587 CrepeNuts  

Posted 22 February 2021 - 07:16 PM

They start with censoring a butt in DMC5, now they're pressuring devs to censor violence/gore. They're trying to out Nintendo Nintendo now.

#10588 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37958 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2021 - 07:18 PM

They start with censoring a butt in DMC5, now they're pressuring devs to censor violence/gore. They're trying to out Nintendo Nintendo now.

Clickbait--this is specifically referring to Japanese games, which is still a bad idea, but the article title makes it sound like all games will be affected.

#10589 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3749 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 22 February 2021 - 07:39 PM

They've already started pressuring Japanese devs to tone down sexual content in games to conform with western standards. With this thrown in as well it just sets a bad standard.

#10590 Sivarticus   Kentucky Fried Cheapass CAGiversary!   534 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2021 - 10:14 PM

Saw naruto ninja storm legacy is on sale and I was a huge fan of number 2 but never played any of the other ones. Any other fans recommend picking this up?