* * * - - 18 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 2/19: Remasters & Remakes and Essential Picks Sales! $3 The Division 2, $10 Rainbow Six Siege, & More!

#3001 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1719 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2020 - 11:53 PM

It's at the bottom of the page.

Try that webpage with different browsers, the link should be right under where it tells you which category gamer you are ("Thank you for playing, your title is..."). 

Didn't show up in Firefox or Explorer on PC, but the link for the redemption code appeared on mobile Edge for me.  Other people report different results, just try everything until you get it.

Thanks all.  I couldn't get it to work on Chrome, but it worked on Firefox and then it worked on Chrome after I reloaded it.  The Sony website is weird.

#3002 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 01:51 AM

Games Under $20 sale starting tomorrow. List at link.

EDIT: Ugggghhhh terrible sale. Oh, and IT'S THREE WEEKS LONG.

#3003 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69706 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 17 January 2020 - 02:07 AM

https://blog.us.play...20-at-ps-store/

The new dark theme on the PS Blog makes the list for tomorrow's Games Under $20 sale impossible to read. I'll get a list together at some point.

#3004 scaryice   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   187 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2020 - 02:07 AM

new consoles arrive in less than two months. What a bizarre time to release such a high profile game.

GTAV - September 17, 2013

#3005 dennisb407   Brickseek DN CAGiversary!   6149 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2020 - 02:15 AM

What?

THE EVIL WITHIN 2 23.99 59.99

#3006 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69706 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 17 January 2020 - 02:16 AM

Streaming some Dragon Ball Xenoverse while awaiting Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot's release tonight (link).

Edit: Archive:

#3007 KurishunaMaradi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4259 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

KurishunaMaradi

Posted 17 January 2020 - 03:13 AM

https://twitter.com/...1537572864?s=19

Edit: Frisky posted it already.

#3008 Zantra  

Posted 17 January 2020 - 05:00 AM

Kind of odd that games that come with their season passes seem to be cheaper than the season passes by themselves. The Division is $13.99 with the season pass, and the season pass is $14.99 by itself.

#3009 KurishunaMaradi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4259 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

KurishunaMaradi

Posted 17 January 2020 - 05:42 AM

Kind of odd that games that come with their season passes seem to be cheaper than the season passes by themselves. The Division is $13.99 with the season pass, and the season pass is $14.99 by itself.

Check out DA: I.

Personally, I'll buy Tales Of Berseria before the mfuckers change the price again. And may be DA: I Deluxe Ed.

#3010 Moofboy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   460 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2020 - 03:07 PM

Check out DA: I.

Personally, I'll buy Tales Of Berseria before the mfuckers change the price again. And may be DA: I Deluxe Ed.

Is there a huge difference in terms of content for DA:I Deluxe and goty?

#3011 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14653 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2020 - 03:20 PM

Sony has made a lot of mistakes over the years, but a light gray font on light blue table rows for dark mode is grossly incompetent.

#3012 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 17 January 2020 - 04:00 PM

Sony has made a lot of mistakes over the years, but a light gray font on light blue table rows for dark mode is grossly incompetent.

Looks like they fixed it. I never saw it earlier, but it looks perfectly readable to me right now. Unless my browser is changing it by itself somehow.

Edit: Oh, just realized you said "dark mode". Nevermind.

#3013 camoor   Jams on foot fires CAGiversary!   15237 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:54 PM

I know dude. I feel like the PSN specials about a year into PS4 were bananas. I always thought that the last year of the PS4 would have incredible prices. But week after week it feels like a total bust. Anyway, it's saving me money. I can't even play through all the games I have now. 

#3014 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1600 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Soma_Cruz

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:16 PM

I have the base game on Switch but haven't started it so thinking of getting Valkyria Chronicles 4 Complete for $17.49. 

#3015 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69706 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 January 2020 - 06:41 PM

#3016 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69706 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 January 2020 - 09:13 PM

Seems like the DualShock 4 Back Button accessory is already on shelves for sale at some Targets and maybe WalMarts ($5 off), so those that want to get it early can check the Brick Seeker page for it:

https://brickseek.co...-button/8565782

#3017 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1591 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted 18 January 2020 - 11:08 PM

Is there a huge difference in terms of content for DA:I Deluxe and goty?

GOTY comes with all the big DLC

#3018 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69706 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 19 January 2020 - 01:29 AM

I'm streaming some DBZ Kakarot here in about 30 minutes.

#3019 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69706 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 19 January 2020 - 02:06 AM

I'm now live with Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot (link).

I'm streaming some DBZ Kakarot here in about 30 minutes.

#3020 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2179 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 19 January 2020 - 05:06 AM

Elder Scrolls Online has a promo going on from now until Wednesday: all of the paid DLC is temporarily free to play.

#3021 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7405 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2020 - 03:00 PM

I bought a $10 PSN card the other day with the $5 coupon from renewing my GameStop membership, and I'm interested in the Escapists 1 and 2 PS4 bundle for $8.74.  Is this a good deal?  I know there's no DLC included with either game, but I know that the Santa's Workshop DLC is always free for the first game, and that the DLC goes on sale fairly often.  Thank you in advance for any thoughtful responses.

#3022 RiPPn  

Posted 19 January 2020 - 03:52 PM

I bought a $10 PSN card the other day with the $5 coupon from renewing my GameStop membership, and I'm interested in the Escapists 1 and 2 PS4 bundle for $8.74.  Is this a good deal?  I know there's no DLC included with either game, but I know that the Santa's Workshop DLC is always free for the first game, and that the DLC goes on sale fairly often.  Thank you in advance for any thoughtful responses.

The lowest the Escapists 2 has been is $6.79, so you are getting the first game for about $2 which the lowest price it has been is $3.99.  So with this bundle you are saving $2.

DLC ranges from $2 - $4 and the Supermax edition of Escapists 1 which includes all but the walking dead has seen a low of $6.24.

Escapists: Walking Dead is a stand alone and lowest it has been is $3.99.  It comes in a bundle with the base game of Escapists 1 but just buy it on sale as a stand alone.

They also sell the DLC Pack which includes all Escapists 1 DLC except walking dead and it has been as low as $2.49.

Escapists 2 GOTY has been on sale for $9.17 and includes all escapists 2 DLCs and they average $1.50 - $4.00.

My suggestion is if you want all the DLC to wait and buy the Walking Dead, Supermax and GOTY editions separate and on sale.  But if you just want the base games buy the bundle that's currently on sale.

#3023 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7405 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2020 - 03:57 PM

The lowest the Escapists 2 has been is $6.79, so you are getting the first game for about $2 which the lowest price it has been is $3.99.  So with this bundle you are saving $2.

DLC ranges from $2 - $4 on sale and the Supermax edition of Escapists 1 which includes all but the walking dead has seen a low of $6.24.

They also sell the DLC Pack which includes all the DLC except walking dead and it has been as low as $2.49.

Escapists 2 GOTY has been on sale for $9.17 and includes all 4 escapists 2 DLCs which average $1.50 - $4.00.

My suggestion is if you want all the DLC to wait and buy the Supermax and GOTY editions.  But if you just want the base games buy the pack that's got the 2 base games.

Thank you for responding.  I think that I'm going to go for it.  I wish that more CAGs responded to these types of questions the way that you just did - with helpful information instead of opinions about how bad the game is or whether or not they think it will be on PS+ before the world ends.

#3024 omegafox84  

omegafox84

Posted 19 January 2020 - 06:13 PM

Thank you for responding.  I think that I'm going to go for it.  I wish that more CAGs responded to these types of questions the way that you just did - with helpful information instead of opinions about how bad the game is or whether or not they think it will be on PS+ before the world ends.

well, to be that guy... i've been playing Escapists 2 the past few days (got the GotY edition in the last sale) and it's disappointing overall. i don't know what i was expecting but it just feels boring most of the time. i'm going to play it some more and see if that changes though. maybe the first game is better? i only wish there would have been a demo to try beforehand.

#3025 ritchardf  

Posted 19 January 2020 - 06:18 PM

well, to be that guy... i've been playing Escapists 2 the past few days (got the GotY edition in the last sale) and it's disappointing overall. i don't know what i was expecting but it just feels boring most of the time. i'm going to play it some more and see if that changes though. maybe the first game is better? i only wish there would have been a demo to try beforehand.

it is basically a simulation game, so it really isnt for everyone.

#3026 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7405 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2020 - 06:33 PM

Thank you for the feedback.  I find it helpful when people post like you just did about what their experience was when playing the game.  What I hate is when people post stuff like "it sucks" when you're just asking whether or not the deal is a good deal based on pricing.

I started a game called Streets of Rogue on my Xbox One yesterday that isn't on sale on PSN right now, but it was the kind of game that I'd ultimately want The Escapists 1 or 2 to be.  It doesn't take place in a prison, but you play a member of a resistance movement that wants to overthrow a corrupt mayor.  There are bite-sized missions in a pixelated open world environment where the NPCs are just sort of going about their business, and as you play the game, they start to react to other happenings such as explosions or gang wars or whatever.  I played it for three hours straight yesterday even though it was a roguelike because there was a different experience each time.  I'm fairly certain that neither of the Escapists games are like it or even as good, but I had a lot of fun with it.  And it might be more along the lines of the game that you had hoped that The Escapists might be.  The Escapists seems like it would have a lot of unbreakable rules since it happens inside a prison.  Streets of Rogue doesn't have any of that even though the cops gather if they witness you causing certain events.

https://store.playst...TREETSOFROGUENA

#3027 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69706 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 19 January 2020 - 09:21 PM

The issue I had with The Escapists is that it is a crafting game that relies on you having a wiki to know what you can make with the materials you have and what you need to gather for what you want to make, which kind of slows it down a good bit for me. It's good other than that for those that enjoy sandbox-ish crafting games because the scenarios and tension of trying to set up your escapes for a good amount of time is pretty fun, but I figured a heads up would be in order if you're interested in that. I haven't played the sequel to know if it's any better for that.

#3028 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1931 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 19 January 2020 - 09:50 PM

Why is the mlb show beta always so short?

#3029 the_ENEMY_   Undead CAGiversary!   1186 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

the_ENEMY_

Posted 20 January 2020 - 12:21 AM

anyone have opinions on elite dangerous?

#3030 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7405 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2020 - 01:52 AM

The issue I had with The Escapists is that it is a crafting game that relies on you having a wiki to know what you can make with the materials you have and what you need to gather for what you want to make, which kind of slows it down a good bit for me. It's good other than that for those that enjoy sandbox-ish crafting games because the scenarios and tension of trying to set up your escapes for a good amount of time is pretty fun, but I figured a heads up would be in order if you're interested in that. I haven't played the sequel to know if it's any better for that.

Thanks, Frisky.  Having to read a wiki is why it took me so long to get around to playing Don't Starve and why I can't really get into games such as Minecraft and Terraria even though I've tried both.  And I like crafting roguelike games a lot.  Don't Starve is one of my favorite games now even though I'm not particularly great at it.  And I've been playing a lot of Alchemic Dungeons on my 2DS and my Nintendo Switch, but that game holds your hand a lot by preparing the recipes for you (the Switch version is easier than the 3DS/2DS version).

I will probably give The Escapists bundle a chance anyway for the price, but I discovered that it would be on sale until February, so that gives me time to do more research.