* * * - - 19 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/18: Mega March Sale, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Deal of the Week

#3361 camoor   Jams on foot fires CAGiversary!   15241 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2020 - 07:14 PM

I just finished this game 100% last night. Took me 2 months and my save was at 166 hours lol. Gold edition is a fantastic value, that's a lot of game plus ac3 and liberation remasters. As far as the dlc, yeah legacy was just meh, but the fate of Atlantis is really good. Just like origins with hidden ones and curse of the pharoahs.

Thanks I bought AC Odyessey Gold because of this post. AC III was one of my favorite Assassin's Creed games and I never played any of the DLC. Replaying it now and it's still fun. I am going to be grinding on this bundle for a while lol. 

#3362 JayTL   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   144 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2020 - 07:16 PM

I remember trying to play the original Rainbow 6 way back in the day and it was one of the most frustrating experiences ever. It was like you and your squad had this specific pattern you were supposed to follow, like some kind of football play, and if you deviated from it even slightly, you failed the level and needed to start over. As someone who was used to playing games like Doom, Duke, Unreal Tournament and Starseige Tribes, playing R6 felt less like a FPS and more like a point-to-point walking sim. I wanted to run in guns blazing and instead I had to depend on my squads movement because God-Forbid I take a step ahead when I'm not supposed to and the mission failed.  Ever since then, I never trusted a Tom Clancy game. I don't know if The Division follows a similar formula or allows you to actually play like normal FPS games, but that it appears to be an online-only game doesn't help win me over. If I started playing it, I would feel pressured to get the plat, and even at $3, that looks like a huge commitment from a series that hasn't endeared itself to me so far.

For what it's worth, Rainbow six games have been more FPS and less strategy since 360/ps3 days.  Maybe even before that

#3363 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3352 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2020 - 08:31 PM

Decided to grab Division 2 for 2.99, why not.

#3364 sp0rklez  

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:17 PM

I'm considering The Division 2 for $2.99, even though I never played the first one and I probably won't get to this one for awhile due to what I've read about the install size. I'd also be buying just for single player, but I enjoy loot collecting games like Diablo and Borderlands so maybe this is right up my alley despite the difference in genres.

#3365 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:44 PM

I'm considering The Division 2 for $2.99, even though I never played the first one and I probably won't get to this one for awhile due to what I've read about the install size. I'd also be buying just for single player, but I enjoy loot collecting games like Diablo and Borderlands so maybe this is right up my alley despite the difference in genres.

I was thinking the same, but decided at $3 I'll give it a shot.

#3366 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3352 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2020 - 10:03 PM

Dont need to play first, both great games, but for $3 its a steal and you will put a lot of hours in just for that.

#3367 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9728 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2020 - 10:37 PM

Yeah for $3 it's a no brainer even if you don't play the expansion coming out. The graphics are good, gameplay pretty quick and the shooting good. Better than the first game for sure. Be sure to try to play the game soon, because I don't think it will work without the servers running.

#3368 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1335 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 14 February 2020 - 10:53 PM

Went ahead and picked up The Division 2 for $3, no hesitated for a bit then realized I('d) kick myself if I didn't buy it. So glad I passed the numerous times it has been on sale both physical and digital until now. Gonna load it up and play this weekend.

Edited by GamerSavage, 14 February 2020 - 10:54 PM.

#3369 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69832 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:02 AM

#3370 Miketheking   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   465 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Miketheking

Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:14 AM

Yeah for $3 it's a no brainer even if you don't play the expansion coming out. The graphics are good, gameplay pretty quick and the shooting good. Better than the first game for sure. Be sure to try to play the game soon, because I don't think it will work without the servers running.

If it get shut down it wont considering its a always connected game. Hell I bought games at the beginning of the gen and still havent played them. I know it's $3 but still.

#3371 darthbster31   Herpaderp CAGiversary!   188 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

darthbster31

Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:21 AM

I did, and that was the only part of Infinite I liked.
Why do you think it's so great as a shooter? The combat was completely rote. Combat scenarios were so predictable due to the tears. Every time you entered a room or area with tears you knew what was coming. The tonics or whatever were nowhere near as clever as the original game. Most were downright boring. The story was terrible. Alternate timelines has been done so many times before. Burial at Sea was very good, but it was like five hours of content when you combined both parts.

The shooting aspects have never been the strong suits. It's the vigors/plasmids that make the gameplay interesting to me. I perosonally enjoyed the story. The alternate timeline aspect, the truth about Comstock, I don't know..it just clicked with me. At least you enjoyed burial at sea.

#3372 Zantra  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 01:03 AM

Just got an email from Sony Rewards. They are giving me 15% off my next PSN store purchase, because one of my rewards never properly unlocked.

#3373 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2583 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 02:25 AM

Dang!!! Wow!!! Tifa reminds me of Taki. Now i'm considering buying a PS4 instead of waiting for the PS5.

#3374 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6610 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 02:29 AM

I remember trying to play the original Rainbow 6 way back in the day and it was one of the most frustrating experiences ever. It was like you and your squad had this specific pattern you were supposed to follow, like some kind of football play, and if you deviated from it even slightly, you failed the level and needed to start over. As someone who was used to playing games like Doom, Duke, Unreal Tournament and Starseige Tribes, playing R6 felt less like a FPS and more like a point-to-point walking sim. I wanted to run in guns blazing and instead I had to depend on my squads movement because God-Forbid I take a step ahead when I'm not supposed to and the mission failed. Ever since then, I never trusted a Tom Clancy game. I don't know if The Division follows a similar formula or allows you to actually play like normal FPS games, but that it appears to be an online-only game doesn't help win me over. If I started playing it, I would feel pressured to get the plat, and even at $3, that looks like a huge commitment from a series that hasn't endeared itself to me so far.

For what it's worth, Rainbow six games have been more FPS and less strategy since 360/ps3 days. Maybe even before that

Yeah, they haven't been like that at all since at least Rainbow Six 3, which came out 17 years ago.

#3375 kanekiken  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 02:45 AM

Just got an email from Sony Rewards. They are giving me 15% off my next PSN store purchase, because one of my rewards never properly unlocked.

Same. I already used one of those trial ones so it's telling me it's been redeemed already (it's not the same code I got originally). Oh well.

#3376 Zantra  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 07:15 AM

Same. I already used one of those trial ones so it's telling me it's been redeemed already (it's not the same code I got originally). Oh well.

Yeah, it's saying redeemed for me also. I wonder if I made a new PSN account on my console if the code would work.

#3377 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1143 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 08:56 AM

Yeah, they haven't been like that at all since at least Rainbow Six 3, which came out 17 years ago.

I hold a grudge like nobody's business.  ;)

Alright, I'll look into Div. 2.  I hear it's a bit grindy, though...

#3378 ChiefBrody1027   40th Anniversary CAG CAGiversary!   1323 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

ChiefBrody1027

Posted 15 February 2020 - 09:04 AM

I'm considering passing on the Division 2 as well...trying to decide if the single player is worth my time. $3 is a great price as long as I play it and it doesn't just collect digital dust.

This is a GaaS game...once the new content drops it's pay $30 or don't bother beyond the campaign imo.

I've already had my fill of GaaS so I know that the "end game grind" is not what I am looking for personally...too much commitment and minimal interest in grouping up with others due to scheduling inconvenience.

Any opinions on whether the single player campaign is worth the time to play it?

I have young kids so free time is quite limited at the moment.

I've played 90% or more of the game single player. My time on multi was limited to just a few missions. I've invested close to 100 hours into it so I can give you a pretty good idea. First off, it is an over the shoulder third person shooter. The shooting mechanics are done perfectly. There is a ton of things to do, a ton. It's all the same kinda stuff but varied enough that it wasn't boring. The ai is pretty good for a moderate challenge sometimes. The environment is done perfectly. I thought the game was killer. If you like shooters, you should check it out. It's worth your time.

#3379 tomwaits1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   500 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:42 PM

What was the subject line of the e-mail?

#3380 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   741 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 01:35 PM

I've played 90% or more of the game single player. My time on multi was limited to just a few missions. I've invested close to 100 hours into it so I can give you a pretty good idea. First off, it is an over the shoulder third person shooter. The shooting mechanics are done perfectly. There is a ton of things to do, a ton. It's all the same kinda stuff but varied enough that it wasn't boring. The ai is pretty good for a moderate challenge sometimes. The environment is done perfectly. I thought the game was killer. If you like shooters, you should check it out. It's worth your time.

Thank you for the detailed response, this was very helpful.

#3381 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69832 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 15 February 2020 - 07:06 PM

#3382 ritchardf  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 07:18 PM

I hold a grudge like nobody's business.  ;)

Alright, I'll look into Div. 2.  I hear it's a bit grindy, though...

it is definitely grindy. the daily and weekly challenges are basically doing the same missions over and over at different difficulties. there are a larger variety of missions now though, so it is not as bad as early on. you also go back to areas for different missions, which is a bit of recycle environments, but it also adds a little bit of seeing the same area under different circumstances, which is interesting. for me the biggest flaw is some of the missions are literally over an hour to complete solo, though you can breeze through them with 4 people.

ive put 150+ plus hours in both games.

#3383 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 07:48 PM

This is actually pretty hilarious.

#3384 MobileFrank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   70 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

MobileFrank

Posted 15 February 2020 - 08:59 PM

Booted up The Division 2 last night for the first time. Managed to get a party of 4 going and knocked out the first few missions. Pretty fun. Definitely worth the $3.

#3385 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69832 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 15 February 2020 - 09:43 PM

New deals from the past few days:

Cross Buy

:ps4: :vita: Downwell - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 2/19

:ps4: :vita: Foul Play - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 2/19

:ps4: :vita: Hatoful Boyfriend - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 2/19

:ps4: :vita: Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 2/19

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Hotline Miami - $2.49 - 75% Off - Ends 2/19

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number - $3.74 - 75% Off - Ends 2/19

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Hotline Miami Collection - $4.99 - 75% Off - Ends 2/19

PS4

Absolver - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 2/19

Azur Lane: Crosswave Deluxe Bundle - $47.99 - 20% Off - Ends 2/20

Broforce - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 2/19

Crossing Souls - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 2/19

Dead Cells: The Bad Seed Bundle - $21.59 - 20% Off - Ends 2/18

Enter the Gungeon - $8.99 - 40% Off - Ends 2/19

Glass Masquerade 2: Illusions - $9.59 - 20% Off - Ends 2/25

Gris - $11.04 - 35% Off - Ends 2/19

NBA 2K20 - $19.79 - 67% Off - Ends 2/19

NBA 2K20 Legend Edition - $32.99 - 67% Off - Ends 2/19

NBA 2K20 Digital Deluxe - $26.39 - 67% Off - Ends 2/19

UnderHero - $13.59 - 20% Off - Ends 2/25

PS1 Classics

Street Fighter Alpha 3 - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 2/21

Here are the freebies:

Games/Apps
Dreams Early Access Bundle - Free for EA Dreams owners

Add-ons

3on3 FreeStyle - 2020 PlayStation Plus Bonus Pack Feb - Free

Azur Land: Crosswave - Neptune - Free

Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate - Bonus Costume for Ryu Hayabusa - Free

Yoga Master - Meditation Music Pack 1 - Free

Some other notable releases:

Codemasters Racing Pack - $64.99

Darksiders Genesis - $39.99

Dreams - $39.99

Saboteur II: Avenging Angel - $4.99

Spaceland - $19.99

Street Fighter V: Champion Edition - $29.99

Tony Stewart’s Sprint Car Racing - $29.99

Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate with Bonus - $59.99

#3386 Decker   Xbox Live Cannon Fodder CAGiversary!   1995 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 11:05 PM

I have played hours of Division 2 and still have no idea what is included in the Season Pass.  Just a few cosmetic items and early access to stuff that has already been unlocked?

#3387 Zantra  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 11:47 PM

I have played hours of Division 2 and still have no idea what is included in the Season Pass. Just a few cosmetic items and early access to stuff that has already been unlocked?

Pretty much. Not really worth it in my opinion. Though, the Ultimate edition of the game supposedly comes with one of the strongest rifles in the game, and buying that version is the only legitimate way to get one, according to YouTube videos.

#3388 Miketheking   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   465 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Miketheking

Posted 16 February 2020 - 01:13 AM

Still havent made up my mind yet, wish they'll put in a patch for offline only. Still say having it $2.99 is suspicious but because of the extension pack kinda kills the suspicion.

#3389 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69832 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 16 February 2020 - 02:06 AM

Streaming some of the cool creations people have made in Dreams (link).

If you want to see some of the Art's Dream campaign, this part of the other stream has a good hour of it.

Here's the link for Fallout 4: Dreams Edition for those with Dreams to check it out.

#3390 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4824 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2020 - 04:48 AM

Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate - Bonus Costume for Ryu Hayabusa - Free

Wait, WO4 is out?