* * * - - 19 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/18: Mega March Sale, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Deal of the Week

#3481 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9728 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2020 - 07:15 PM

Can sone one help me with blazblue cross battle tag. I only own the Orignal disc, which dlc do I have to buy to have all the characters ?

Packs 1-7 I believe and Battle Pass v2 or whatever it is called.

#3482 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1518 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2020 - 08:00 PM

Packs 1-7 I believe and Battle Pass v2 or whatever it is called.

Thanks going to pick up both sets for PS4 and switch.

#3483 Mr. Scratch  

Mr. Scratch

Posted 21 February 2020 - 09:27 PM

has The Occupation ever been on sale?

#3484 JustincaseIplay   $19.99 or le$$ plea$e! CAGiversary!   1236 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

JustincaseIplay

Posted 21 February 2020 - 09:28 PM

Here's the link for the Big in Japan sale that begins tomorrow:

https://blog.us.play...-in-japan-sale/

In case anyone has never played it or owned it for their PS3, Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience is part of this sale for only $10!!! That's probably the lowest price ever, physical or digital, for the entire collection of MGS5, includes Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain games + all the DLC content.

#3485 astrotide   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   67 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2020 - 11:18 AM

You saw the way she was dressed...

OK you got me.

Blind bought Erica based on this comment.

Well played, well played.

#3486 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7533 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2020 - 12:13 PM

I bought Grand Kingdom for PS4 for $4.49 this morning.  Why they couldn't have priced the Vita version for the same amount, I'll never know.

#3487 Sielanas  

Posted 22 February 2020 - 01:29 PM

That's a great price for Fire Pro Wrestling. Deluxe is tempting even with the base game already having some of the best community content around.

#3488 shoplifter   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   13 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

shoplifter

Posted 22 February 2020 - 02:25 PM

The Suda51 DLC scenario comes out in a few weeks as part of the Fire Pro pass so even more value there in the deluxe.

#3489 Miker525  

Posted 22 February 2020 - 04:09 PM

That's a great price for Fire Pro Wrestling. Deluxe is tempting even with the base game already having some of the best community content around.

What's the deal with this game? I feel like I'm pretty consistently seeing positive things about this game around here but when I look it up the screenshots look... Well... Not all that great? Looks really weird. is it just wrestling with kinda low def characters? Is the gameplay really good? I feel like it comes across as a game that should be much cheaper but maybe I'm totally off base

#3490 Omni99  

Posted 22 February 2020 - 06:33 PM

What's the deal with this game? I feel like I'm pretty consistently seeing positive things about this game around here but when I look it up the screenshots look... Well... Not all that great? Looks really weird. is it just wrestling with kinda low def characters? Is the gameplay really good? I feel like it comes across as a game that should be much cheaper but maybe I'm totally off base

It's an acquired taste in wrestling games. Timing based moves. The real strength is the community creations. Anything you want, you can find it out there.

It's also the only wrestling game I can destroy my friend at lol.

#3491 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1963 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 22 February 2020 - 06:35 PM

nevermind

#3492 Shiftygism   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   556 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2020 - 07:24 PM

Fire Pro definitely should be much cheaper, this coming from someone who has sank over five hundred hours into World, and likely thousands into a decade of Returns. Its dlc is insanely overpriced and I felt pretty guilty about the $12 I dropped on the Stardom pack when all I was really buying it for was a handful of Edit parts and moves. The gameplay is ok, despite the striking system being absolutely terrible...but it's not something you get as much enjoyment from playing as you do watching. Where Fire Pro really shines is customizing wrestlers and setting up their AI then simming matches to see how they interact with each other and if their priority chain of moves and taunts play out in succession or someone manages to botch things pretty badly.

#3493 Miker525  

Posted 22 February 2020 - 07:43 PM

It's an acquired taste in wrestling games. Timing based moves. The real strength is the community creations. Anything you want, you can find it out there.

It's also the only wrestling game I can destroy my friend at lol.

What kind of community creations exist for it though? Is it just custom wrestlers or are people building really complex wrestling networks? Part of me thinks I wouldn't be interested but the other part of me is super curious

#3494 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69832 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 February 2020 - 08:01 PM

What kind of community creations exist for it though? Is it just custom wrestlers or are people building really complex wrestling networks? Part of me thinks I wouldn't be interested but the other part of me is super curious

They have no licensed wrestlers in the game, outside of the NJPW stuff that is a first for the series, so people make all sorts of wrestlers from various organizations and other games and such for people to download and use along with ring dressing for specific orgs. The Steam Workshop should give you a pretty good idea for what's in there:

https://steamcommuni...subscribers&p=1

#3495 Shiftygism   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   556 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2020 - 08:02 PM

They have other licensed wrestlers now, there's a Stardom pack with another set to drop in a couple weeks.

#3496 Shiftygism   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   556 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2020 - 08:06 PM

Rings,stable logos, and wrestlers on PS4, then all sorts of mods like custom attires and arena/camera effects on Steam. Problem is though if you don't have the dlc a lot of the wrestlers you download on PS4 will be unusable unless you make a copy and delete the part or move associated.

#3497 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69832 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 February 2020 - 09:25 PM

Finally done with the list above.

#3498 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69832 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 23 February 2020 - 02:20 AM

Grabbed the Fire Pro Wrestling World DE and will be streaming that right now (link).

#3499 Mr. Scratch  

Mr. Scratch

Posted 23 February 2020 - 08:07 PM

Finally done with the list above.

how long did it take to do it?

#3500 jizMasterZer0   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   109 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

jizMasterZer0

Posted 23 February 2020 - 11:02 PM

Odd question, but us there a site that lists non North America physical releases of NA Psn games. Like I know LRG and stuff, but I saw Japan has a physical release of Battle Princess Madelyn. I'm an old fogey and prefer physical, if possible.

#3501 bubster93   WOT! CAGiversary!   197 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

bubster93

Posted 24 February 2020 - 01:01 AM

i'll be buying ps3 games and psone classics! great sale!

btw do a lot of people still play ps3 games online? are the servers still active on games like the street fighter hd games?

#3502 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5041 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 24 February 2020 - 01:21 AM

Ooh grand kingdom is finally on sale for under 5 bucks.  Gonna have to try that.

#3503 phoenixlau   backlogged CAGiversary!   565 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2020 - 01:35 AM

Odd question, but us there a site that lists non North America physical releases of NA Psn games. Like I know LRG and stuff, but I saw Japan has a physical release of Battle Princess Madelyn. I'm an old fogey and prefer physical, if possible.

There's actually a North American physical release of Battle Princess Madelyn through Limited Run Games. 

But to answer your question, the best way is to just find big sellers on Amazon/Ebay that sell UK or Japan/Asia releases and then browse their storefront/items for sale looking for region specific games that you don't recognize from North America.  Third party sites like Shop4Megastore (UK) or Play-Asia (Japan/Asia) are also options.

#3504 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69832 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 24 February 2020 - 02:04 AM

Doing a stream of that new Double Dragon & Kunio-kun bundle (link).

#3505 jizMasterZer0   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   109 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

jizMasterZer0

Posted 24 February 2020 - 02:37 AM

There's actually a North American physical release of Battle Princess Madelyn through Limited Run Games. 

But to answer your question, the best way is to just find big sellers on Amazon/Ebay that sell UK or Japan/Asia releases and then browse their storefront/items for sale looking for region specific games that you don't recognize from North America.  Third party sites like Shop4Megastore (UK) or Play-Asia (Japan/Asia) are also options.

Thanks for the help. I missed the LRG Battle Princess, the price on ebay isn't outrageous, but the import is cheaper. I'll check play-Asia out tonight.

#3506 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69832 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 24 February 2020 - 04:59 PM

https://blog.us.play...omorrow-on-ps4/

House Flipper is coming to PS4 tomorrow for $29.99.

#3507 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   541 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2020 - 06:55 PM

Still not able to register on the 'Player Celebration' thing, but I guess with how broken their rewards pass stuff was, this is no surprise.

#3508 Shiftygism   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   556 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2020 - 10:38 PM

I got an email two weeks ago saying I earned 500 points for something and they never wound up in my account.

#3509 the_ENEMY_   Undead CAGiversary!   1199 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

the_ENEMY_

Posted 25 February 2020 - 12:01 AM

Hunt: Showdown is a great game.

First person battle royale survival horror mashup with tons of grotesque beasts and gruesome scenery and audio.

Map has swamps and woods and slaughterhouses, mausoleum, factories, a fort.

weapons are similar to that of RDR with a more visceral feel. try to shoot with a gun thats empty? you hear a click, not a reload animation.

So much attention to detail. A bridge over a swamp has bent nails sticking out of boards

Tiny cracks in wooden walls can be shot through (most games youll see a bullet hole in midair)

Permadeath, cash shop only for cosmetics, and all currency is fairly easy to come by.

#3510 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1143 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2020 - 12:05 AM

I attempted to chat with Playstation Support on Saturday regarding the Trophy Passes, since I had earned enough Platinums for Platinum Pass 11 & 12 but never received the credits, even though the e-mail claimed that everyone was going to get them despite the delay.  Person on Chat was unhelpful, only giving me the phone number to Sony Rewards.  I called the Sony Rewards number, and the woman I spoke to bluntly insisted that the the Trophy Passes were completely done now and no more would be awarded.  I mentioned how I read reports of people getting Store Discount Codes as compensation for unearned Trophy Passes and she said that was untrue, they only give codes for completing Trial Blazer.

I gave up arguing with them over the Trophy Passes, basically accepting the fact that they are not going to award me the 2,000 points ($20) I earned, and decided to just attempt to do the Trial Blazer pass and get the 15% code to use on this Big in Japan sale.  I automatically had 1/3 because of PS+, so I attempted to sign up for Playstation Music. Followed the link, registered a Spotify Account, and when I attempted to link the Playstation Music account to Spotify, I kept getting an error.

I called the Sony Rewards phone number back to get some help with the Trial Blazer Pass and told the guy the whole story up until this point.  He put me on hold, came back, and basically said that there was nothing he could do about fixing the Playstation Music error, he didn't know what was causing it and that it was all a problem on the Playstation side and not the Rewards side.  I asked him if what the woman I spoke to earlier had said was true about the Trophy Passes, and he said that yes, they received a memo about a week ago saying that all the Trophy Passes were up-to-date and no more would be awarded.  He went on to read me the date of the last time I earned a trophy pass, and I read him off about seven or eight other Plats I had earned between then and November 7 that should have got me the pass.  He said that unfortunately, they would not be awarding any more trophy passes and there was nothing he could do.

So yeah, any of us who are still owed Trophy Pass credits aren't getting them, and even Trial Blazer is impossible complete. Thanks, Sony.