* * * - - 19 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/18: Mega March Sale, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Deal of the Week

#64 Deuteros  

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:02 PM

Indigo Prophecy* was censored in the US because of sexual content, while Beyond: Two Souls was censored in Europe because of violence.

I'll gladly choose sex over violence, though.

* Even the game's name Fahrenheit was changed to avoid 'controversy'.

#82 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2019 - 11:00 PM

I was thinking the same thing, but then I came upon a forum thread from 2005 complaining about the exact same thing. It comes right at the end of Chapter 42 (literally the last button sequence), and if you fail it, you have to repeat the entire mindnumbing 5-minute QTE battle that precedes it (which completely frays your nerves and reflexes). Turns out, all I needed was sufficient rest because I was able to finally get past it and complete the game today. Ironically, the key was to hit the buttons slower, not faster, which is completely unintuitive to what's happening on-screen. I guess my QTE skills are not what they used to be. :oldman: (I cannot imagine playing the game again on hard.)

Anyway, now that my initial anger has subsided, I will say that it's not a terrible game for the PS2 era, it just ages really, really poorly (with the grainy images, tank controls and bad camera angles). You can definitely see the ways Heavy Rain evolved from this and became an infinitely better game, so I suppose it was a necessary step in development.

#84 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69847 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 14 July 2019 - 01:15 AM

My stream of the zombie survival RTS They Are Billions is live (link).

Edit: Archive:

I enjoyed what I've played so far, but they didn't do a good job of adapting a PC-style RTS to work well on a controller. You're just controlling the cursor and interacting with the same UI that the PC version has, which is a bit too clunky for a controller. However, I used a keyboard and bluetooth mouse on my PS4 to play it, which works well despite it not offering the ability to remap the controls for keyboard when it's using maybe 10 keys at most. The gameplay itself works well for the survival RTS it's trying to be as you build and maintain defense while setting up buildings to mine and harvest the resources you need to keep your settlement going.