* * * - - 22 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 6/10: Days of Play, Games Under $15, & Save Up to 75% Sales! Deal of the Week: Stranded Deep! PS+ & PS Now Subs 30% Off!

#5851 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2960 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 28 June 2020 - 02:24 PM

The only think I know about TLOU2 is that as a Cheapassgamer Im going to wait until it hits sub $20 to get it.

Big facts. Exactly. All this back and forth and most are gonna buy it and throw it in the backlog to never be played. Lol

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

#5852 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13735 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 28 June 2020 - 02:47 PM

So brave.

#5853 entexman  

entexman

Posted 28 June 2020 - 03:21 PM

Apparently video game journalists are calling the TLOU2 a masterpiece. I only know this because Jim Sterling talked about it:

Not safe for work or around children (explicit)

I am sure it is a well made game. I tend to agree that video game story telling is somewhat limited because the game has to be fun to play and telling a compelling story can be at odds with good game play.

I would rather play a fun game than a game that tells a deep emotional story. That's just me though.  That's why I mostly play arcade type games.  If I want a deep story I will read a book or watch a movie I suppose. 

Not to say I won't check out the last of us series at some point.

#5854 kingotnw   The Devil! CAGiversary!   209 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

kingotnw

Posted 28 June 2020 - 04:24 PM

I think people are only phased because they read spoilers. So what if people didn’t like the direction? There are all sorts of books and movies where I personally would have done things differently. That doesn’t take away from anything. In fact, it comforts me that I am in the author’s world. As I paid for the privilege to be in said world.

#5855 Zantra  

Posted 28 June 2020 - 04:41 PM

Also, we all know that there is going to be a third game for PS5. This is the Empire Strikes Back moment that most video game trilogies get, where they go darker.

#5856 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3548 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2020 - 05:12 PM

Also, we all know that there is going to be a third game for PS5. This is the Empire Strikes Back moment that most video game trilogies get, where they go darker.

Oh course there will be. They set up the new 2 character dynamic in the second half of the game. Which explains why reviewers weren't allowed to talk about that part.

#5857 Zantra  

Posted 29 June 2020 - 12:11 PM

Ten year anniversary of PS+. In July we are getting a free theme, and an extra game with the two PS+ games that we are getting in July. NBA 2K 20 and Lara Croft The Rise of the Tomb Raider are the games. Erica is the bonus game, and requires you to download an app from the iPhone or Android store to play.

#5858 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37624 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2020 - 12:56 PM

Ten year anniversary of PS+. In July we are getting a free theme, and an extra gen with the two PS+ games that we are getting in July. NBA 2K 20 and Lara Croft The Rise of the Tomb Raider are the games. Erica is the bonus game, and requires you to download an app from the iPhone or Android store to play.

Unless Sony made a new PS+ version of Erica, this is incorrect. I did not need to install any app on my phone to play the game on PS4 when I bought it on sale.

#5859 Zantra  

Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:07 PM

https://play.google....ks.ericapairing

The fine print at the bottom of the announcement today says that Erica requires this app to play the game.

#5860 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9064 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:37 PM

Main July Plus games are pretty good (at least until they run another $3 sale on NBA). Already owned Rise when it was $8.40 back in March. The bonus game is kind of a lame way to celebrate 10 years but I can't complain too much given the quality of the maim games.

#5861 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37624 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:40 PM

The fine print at the bottom of the announcement today says that Erica requires this app to play the game.

Very weird. I'm glad I was able to play it beforehand without the app, then.

#5862 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9816 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:52 PM

PS store itself says:

“ Reach into the world by interacting with clues using your DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller or the Erica app for iOS and Android”

Uses the word “or” so doesn’t sound like the app is required.

#5863 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70107 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 29 June 2020 - 02:48 PM

I've played the game. It doesn't require the app. You can use the touchpad on the DS4 instead.

#5864 BreadNiblets   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1235 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

BreadNiblets

Posted 29 June 2020 - 03:55 PM

Go read some user reviews, bud. The vast vast vast majority of them talking about Naughty Dog injecting "stupid SJW shit into my video games!" "There's no reason to have characters talk so much about what sexuality they are in a video game that has nothing to do with that!"

If you want to be blind and ignorant to it then that's on you, but that doesn't mean it's not there.

Interesting thing about these "user reviews" is that they were apparently made by people who didn't play the game. I just finished it over the weekend and I can hardly recall a moment in the game where characters talk about their sexuality. Lots of projecting going on from people who apparently just can't handle playing games about people who don't look and act like they want them to. I don't imagine the game will feel preachy unless the players themselves have some pretty deep-rooted biases.

Anyway! Just finished the game this weekend and I liked it quite a bit. Not as good as the original, but still a remarkable game in a lot of ways. Some of the levels just drag on too long and the pacing gets thrown off by the amount of time you spend looting around. I also didn't really care for all the new characters. But there are plenty of intense story beats and the gameplay is surprisingly fun. This is the first Naughty Dog game where I would actually look forward to enemy encounters. I usually find the stealth and gunplay in their games to be a major shortcoming (especially in the Uncharted series) but here it's very satisfying. It will be interesting to revisit it on the PS5 and see how they improve on the visuals and performance.

#5865 RiPPn  

Posted 29 June 2020 - 06:23 PM

NBA2K20 is a decent get for a sports game since the season isn't over.  I wonder if they will add a covid bubble city mode to incorporate the changes to the season.

#5866 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3530 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:24 PM

Are there gonna be new games added to the mid-year deals sale this week?

#5867 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70107 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:31 PM

Are there gonna be new games added to the mid-year deals sale this week?

There's going to be a new sale to replace the Remaster sale on Friday.

#5868 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:37 PM

NBA2K20 is a decent get for a sports game since the season isn't over. I wonder if they will add a covid bubble city mode to incorporate the changes to the season.

No clue, but they did include the tap-a-microphone mini game in a recent update.

#5869 Zantra  

Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:00 PM

It's good to know that we don't need the app for Erica, because everytime that I try to open it on my crappy older phone, it just crashes.

#5870 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4432 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:21 PM

I play a lot of NBA 2k20 Because I’m a hardcore hoops fan and 2k is the only option. There’s good and bad about it but if you pick it up for the first time as a freebie—
—Myteam and Park are super long grinds at this point in the year. I don’t spend money on the game and I could not imagine trying to start those modes this late in the year.
—Online is very much exploiting the meta. (I guess you could say that about most online games) If you go online without having played much it will not be pretty. Just understanding real basketball won’t help you much if any.
—if you do decide to play those modes, follow 2k on Twitter because they actually give out a decent amount of free stuff.
—Offline is fine if you like hoops. You can adjust difficulty and sliders pretty easy if you just want to pick up and play.

#5871 RiPPn  

Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:40 AM

No clue, but they did include the tap-a-microphone mini game in a recent update.

As a Utah Jazz fan, this joke stings a little.

#5872 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:16 AM

Pretty sure Gobert learned a lesson in humility and karma...and not to single out just him, since a lot of people were (and still are) treating this virus as a joke, but it’s good that he accepted responsibility and took steps to fix things. More than many other can claim, for sure. I’m a Laker fan, and I know why LeBron wants to restart, but I don’t begrudge anyone who chooses to opt out. I love sports and miss their normalcy, but there are real health concerns and those who are immunocompromised or their loved ones should take every precaution to protect themselves.

#5873 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:44 AM

Fellow Utah jazz fan, i was disappointed to hear that there was a disconnect between Gobert and Mitchell, with them being real franchise cornerstones. At the time that we traded up for Gobert, and I read about how large his wingspan was, i was thrilled with that pick. In fact, i believe that was the same draft that we got Rodney Hood, and even though Hood didn't pan out, that was really when you saw just how good Dennis Lindsey was.

#5874 RiPPn  

Posted 30 June 2020 - 03:36 AM

Fellow Utah jazz fan, i was disappointed to hear that there was a disconnect between Gobert and Mitchell, with them being real franchise cornerstones. At the time that we traded up for Gobert, and I read about how large his wingspan was, i was thrilled with that pick. In fact, i believe that was the same draft that we got Rodney Hood, and even though Hood didn't pan out, that was really when you saw just how good Dennis Lindsey was.

Not to turn this into Utah Jazz talk, but I think Mitchell and Gobert are still at odds but set the beef aside knowing there may still be a season.  The team and players really hung Gobert out to dry even though he brought it upon himself, the fact that no one stood by him on what was probably the toughest week in an athletes life has got to eat him up inside.  Also Jazz not offering him the max or even putting an extension on the table, I just have a feeling he is gone after this season and the team moves to build around Mitchell.

Speaking of bubble season, Jazz are screwed without Bogey since he is done for the year with the hand surgery.  I'm still hoping the bubble season gets called off to avoid the embarrassment.

#5875 investor9872   CAG Supremo! CAGiversary!   2106 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

investor9872

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:03 AM

Unless Sony made a new PS+ version of Erica, this is incorrect. I did not need to install any app on my phone to play the game on PS4 when I bought it on sale.

I second this!

#5876 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 30 June 2020 - 12:26 PM

Speaking of bubble season, Jazz are screwed without Bogey since he is done for the year with the hand surgery. I'm still hoping the bubble season gets called off to avoid the embarrassment.

As much as the Conley trade backfired, Bogdan has been everything we could have hoped for, and i look forward to seeing him produce for us for years to come.

#5877 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70107 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:14 PM

#5878 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70107 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:15 PM

https://blog.playsta...ting-new-games/

Shu announced the PlayStation Indies initiative to support indies more on the PS4 and PS5. They're going to add a new indie game to PS Now every month starting with Hello Neighbor in July. They're also going to debut 9 new indie games for PS4 and PS5 throughout today.

https://blog.playsta...-coming-to-ps4/

F.I.S.T: Forged in Shadow Torch for PS4.

https://blog.playsta...ss-in-maquette/

Maquette for PS4.

https://blog.playsta...er-2020-to-ps4/

Where The Heart Is for PS4.

https://blog.playsta...-coming-to-ps5/

Recompile for PS5.

Carto for PS4.

https://blog.playsta...to-ps5-and-ps4/

Heavenly Bodies for PS5 and PS4.

https://blog.playsta...s4-this-summer/

Creaks for PS4.

Haven for PS5 and PS4.

https://blog.playsta...-action-to-ps4/

Worms for PS5 and PS4.

#5879 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5347 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:13 PM

I honestly can't tell what that where the heart is is about from that trailer.  Also the text is crazy small so right away that's a solid pass.

#5880 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 05:20 PM

FIST looks pretty cool. The other two kind of are repulsive, IMO.