* * * - - 23 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 7/22: Summer Sale! $21 Control, $20 Chocobo's MD, $6 Dandara, $5 Dirt 4/Rally, $6 Doom, $30 DQB2, & More!

#4291 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   725 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 12:57 AM

All this talk of BC....

It's only nostalgia. How many of you have bought those compilations from various manufacturers only to watch them collect dust (or purchased a 1UP cabinet)?

Or gone back and played the "classics" and been like... How did I ever play this?!?!

When the new consoles come those are the games I'll be playing

*looks at avatar*  :-

#4292 investor9872   CAG Supremo! CAGiversary!   2108 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

investor9872

Posted 08 April 2020 - 01:14 AM

I had thought I'd liked the official DualSense controller color design.  But I have to say the colors added to the face buttons on the mock up help make it look really nice!

Looks good to me and other than the rumbless PS3 controller, Sony has always nailed the controllers.

Someone mocked up an all black one which looks real nice:

jd4aifp9tgr41.jpg

#4293 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 08 April 2020 - 01:16 AM

Does anyone know if the COD: Modern Warfare 2 campaign is stand-alone, or does it require MW 2019?

https://store.playst...ODMW2RSTANDARD1

Pretty sure the description says you can use it in warzone.

#4294 darthbster31   Herpaderp CAGiversary!   231 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

darthbster31

Posted 08 April 2020 - 01:35 AM

That's one fugly controller. Hope it feels better than it looks lol.

#4295 blueArcana   Congratulations CAGiversary!   1104 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

blueArcana

Posted 08 April 2020 - 02:35 AM

tenor.gif?itemid=8120474

#4296 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   725 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 02:52 AM

I think it looks great.

#4297 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3606 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 08 April 2020 - 04:04 AM

Never noticed Herb just standing there.

#4298 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5030 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 04:26 AM

The subreddit thinks it’s an amazing looking controller. Am I the only one that thinks the design is not that nice?

The color design is quite striking. I guess some people aren’t a big fan of high contrast, but I think they nailed that aspect of the design.

The shape... I’m less sure about. I’ll have to hold it to be able to tell, but just looking at the mock-up, the handles look less comfortable, and aesthetically I don’t really like that they got rid of the divot between the analog sticks. Maybe it’ll grow on me.

The buttons: I mean, the obvious problem aesthetically speaking is the PS button, that just looks dumb, but it’s probably also less useful that way—granted, it doesn’t have to be very useful on a PS console, since it’s only there for menus, but I use my DS4 on my PC, as well, and the PS button can be good to map certain uncommon (but necessary) functions to; I feel like it’s going to be less easy to do so with this pad. Additionally, I don’t like that they’ve moved the start and select buttons—no, I don’t care what they’re actually called, they’re still start and select buttons—so far from the center. The select button in particular is going to be really hard to use as a proper button—again, not a problem on a PS console where it’s mapped to non-game related functions, but definitely a problem for using the pad on a PC. I’m also not sure about the d-pad. In the mock-up, at least, it looks like they’re going with a very smooth finish, instead of the textured finish Dualshocks have always had. That’s not a problem in and of itself—Sega and Nintendo pads generally had smooth finishes on their d-pads, and they’ve made some of the best ever—but depending on how it actually slides under the thumb, it could potentially make precision control even more difficult, and if they haven’t change the interior mechanisms for their d-pads, that in turn could make it one of the worst d-pads ever. Still, the PSP d-pad had a smooth finish, too, and that wasn’t any worse than a Dualshocks—maybe even better in some ways—so I’ll give them the benefit of a doubt for now.

#4299 postaboy   OLD SKOOL CAGER CAGiversary!   2083 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 04:27 AM

Sexy and slick just how i like it but

tenor.gif

#4300 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5424 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 08 April 2020 - 05:45 AM

The good thing about a lot of RPGs is that they often age well, compared so something like third person shooters.

And it's more about not having to have a bunch of consoles hooked up.

And some remasters/remakes are worse than the originals. Lufia is the first that comes to mind.

that or they are middling.  vesperia definitive has some nice improvements but then it has some backsteps, some stuff that wasn't improved at all and of course all the new mistakes made with the porting like the blender voice work quality and shit not even matching the subs.  The poor editing has been a problem since zestiria so at least that's not anything new.  I'd almost say it goes back to xillia 1 with the gaius age mistake among other things along with that disaster of a port for symphonia.

#4301 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:56 AM

The gamexplain guys think the dual sense looks like a bra.

I'm really hoping that Puzzle Quest dark Reign DLC goes on sale soon.

#4302 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5030 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 12:34 PM

The gamexplain guys think the dual sense looks like a bra.

I'm really hoping that Puzzle Quest dark Reign DLC goes on sale soon.

Have these guys ever seen a bra?

#4303 camoor   Jams on foot fires CAGiversary!   15262 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 01:23 PM

The color design is quite striking. I guess some people aren’t a big fan of high contrast, but I think they nailed that aspect of the design.

I wish they had really gone for it and replaced the black with the bright shade of blue that blinks on the back. That would look really striking and futuristic. 

#4304 KingrocknLR   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   28 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

KingrocknLR

Posted 08 April 2020 - 02:49 PM

I'm digging that controller and can't wait to use it sometime in late Spring 2021..

#4305 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3592 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 03:54 PM

https://twitter.com/...907174233165826

Supposedly the release date was leaked and it is April 23rd.  We shall see.  Hyped af though lol

And the game if you haven't clicked the above link is Streets of Rage 4.

#4306 Not Eric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2487 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 04:28 PM

I am intrigued about the whole tension-with-the-triggers dynamic it has going on.

If it's anything like the Xbox One's controller then it's a good addition. Helps a lot with stuff like driving games where you want a little more nuance in the trigger pull.

#4307 investor9872   CAG Supremo! CAGiversary!   2108 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

investor9872

Posted 08 April 2020 - 04:30 PM

Update from IGN.  

A PlayStation product manager has confirmed that the new DualSense controller has a headphone jack for wired headphones. 

#4308 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9073 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 08 April 2020 - 05:28 PM

Good news on the 3.5mm port. That was my big concern.

I just hope that there is still mic support for actual headsets (so I can use a better mic) and maybe chatpads (not as big a deal but would be nice).

#4309 Twisted Metal  

Twisted Metal

Posted 08 April 2020 - 05:37 PM

Out of all the Playstation controllers (PS1 - PS4), the Dualshock 3 was my favorite. What was your favorite Sony controller?

YLVD6Wk.png

#4310 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1204 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 05:43 PM

Dualshock 4 by a mile. I don’t like the sticks in the older controllers, the ds4 feels more comfortable to hold, and the speaker actually made a few games like gta 5 mire immersive

#4311 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3467 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 08 April 2020 - 05:50 PM

I've always hated PlayStation controllers. I guess if I had to pick I'd say the Dual Shock 2. It amazes me how inferior they are by comparison to the last two generations of XBX controllers to me.

I really do love PlayStation so it just baffles me. They just always feel like Fisher-Price made them instead of one of the leading home entertainment companies in the world. I will say this one seems to have potential but that's just based on a simple picture so time will tell.

#4312 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   390 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 08 April 2020 - 05:53 PM

PS1-PS3 controllers were too small. PS4 and X360 controllers are the best in my opinion. I cannot get used to the hooks on the triggers of the Xone and I think that is the main reason I went from xbox to sony this generation. Last gen if it was multiplatform I bought xbox and this gen I go with Playstation.
From a form design I hope the PS5 controller is roughly the same shape. I hope the new xbox gets a redesigned controller.

#4313 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70183 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:01 PM

If it's anything like the Xbox One's controller then it's a good addition. Helps a lot with stuff like driving games where you want a little more nuance in the trigger pull.

It's not the same thing. This is tension on the triggers to make it more difficult or easier to pull them to simulate what you're doing (pulling bow string, driving over different surfaces, swinging different size or weight weapons, etc). The XB1 is just rumble motors in the triggers that can do some cool stuff, but this is the next level.

#4314 VoltaicOwl  

VoltaicOwl

Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:42 PM

Good news on the 3.5mm port. That was my big concern.

I just hope that there is still mic support for actual headsets (so I can use a better mic) and maybe chatpads (not as big a deal but would be nice).

We should be good on the headsets.  From the Playstation Blog:

DualSense also adds a built-in microphone array, which will enable players to easily chat with friends without a headset – ideal for jumping into a quick conversation. But of course, if you are planning to chat for a longer period, it’s good to have that headset handy.

https://blog.us.play...-playstation-5/

#4315 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5030 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:59 PM

It's not the same thing. This is tension on the triggers to make it more difficult or easier to pull them to simulate what you're doing (pulling bow string, driving over different surfaces, swinging different size or weight weapons, etc)

I’m getting flashbacks to Smell-O-Vision and I wasn’t even alive when that was released.

#4316 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2709 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 07:08 PM

I would love to be wrong but the tension triggers seem the next touch pad. Something that devs don't even bother with after trying it in a few launch games.

#4317 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   676 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:28 PM

PS1-PS3 controllers were too small. PS4 and X360 controllers are the best in my opinion. I cannot get used to the hooks on the triggers of the Xone and I think that is the main reason I went from xbox to sony this generation. Last gen if it was multiplatform I bought xbox and this gen I go with Playstation.
From a form design I hope the PS5 controller is roughly the same shape. I hope the new xbox gets a redesigned controller.

Man this is almost exactly how I feel. I never liked PS1 through 3 controllers at all and I think the xbox one controller is pretty much the worst modern first party controller in a long time (though the Switch Pro controller is close.) 360 and PS4 controllers are the only modern controllers I've ever actually liked. 

#4318 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70183 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:40 PM

I’m getting flashbacks to Smell-O-Vision and I wasn’t even alive when that was released.

If you don't ever take risks, you'll never know what new ideas stick and become the standard, like Share button or the headset jack, or enable cool new features and games to exist (gyro, touchpad, lightbar).

#4319 BigManJapan  

BigManJapan

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:59 PM

Man this is almost exactly how I feel. I never liked PS1 through 3 controllers at all and I think the xbox one controller is pretty much the worst modern first party controller in a long time (though the Switch Pro controller is close.) 360 and PS4 controllers are the only modern controllers I've ever actually liked. 

Opposite for me. Can't stand the PS4 controller. They're also made like crap. I take great care of my stuff and still have a 2009 PS3 controller that runs like a champ. I'm already on my third PS4 controller due to constant button issues.

With the shoddy job Sony did with the PS4 controller, and now all that they claim the PS5 controller can do, I can only imagine the  problems these will have.

#4320 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1751 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 10:29 PM

I just realized what seems wrong about the PS5 controller.

The X, O, [ ], /\ buttons don't have the traditional colors.

I need the colors to know what buttons to push.