* * * - - 23 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 7/22: Summer Sale! $21 Control, $20 Chocobo's MD, $6 Dandara, $5 Dirt 4/Rally, $6 Doom, $30 DQB2, & More!

#5791 RiPPn  

Posted 25 June 2020 - 05:06 AM

Wow! FNAF VR is on sale for the first time ever! Will probably have to jump on that. Now, if only the same would happen for Beat Saber.

My son loves the FNAF games and this would be an instant buy except he is 8 and I won't let him use VR until he's 12.

#5792 CritcalJ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   131 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

CritcalJ

Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:38 PM

That’s a really good price for Diablo 3 if someone doesn’t have it...

thanks. I was just about to ask if this was a good price.

#5793 the_ENEMY_   Undead CAGiversary!   1261 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

the_ENEMY_

Posted 25 June 2020 - 05:28 PM

diablo 3 was bad compared to diablo 2 and other modern top down action rpgs if you ask me. but for 15 bucks its a decent romp.

the platinum is tedious, the end game is repetitive, the combat is just button spam till everything on the screen is dead. Very little strategy is required for most builds.

Also I played online with a stranger one time and suddenly my legend level went from 1 to like 200 or something, so the community is filled with cheaters.

#5794 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3589 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2020 - 05:44 PM

Random tidbit but this game was delisted lol:

https://www.playstat...aunch-pack-ps4/

#5795 Juice el Savior   Urban Yeti CAGiversary!   833 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Juice el Savior

Posted 25 June 2020 - 06:54 PM

Does this version of Diablo include all DLC or just some?

#5796 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3589 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2020 - 07:24 PM

Does this version of Diablo include all DLC or just some?

That is all of the DLC:

"Generations of gamers have battled the demonic hordes of Diablo, and now it’s your turn to take part in the action-RPG legacy. This Eternal Collection features Diablo III, the Reaper of Souls expansion set and the Rise of the Necromancer pack—all together in one definitive volume.  Prepare yourself, mortal hero. The hellgates are opening. "

#5797 Juice el Savior   Urban Yeti CAGiversary!   833 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Juice el Savior

Posted 25 June 2020 - 10:06 PM

Bout time i go ahead and grab it I suppose

#5798 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1267 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 26 June 2020 - 12:27 AM

diablo 3 was bad compared to diablo 2 and other modern top down action rpgs if you ask me. but for 15 bucks its a decent romp.

the platinum is tedious, the end game is repetitive, the combat is just button spam till everything on the screen is dead. Very little strategy is required for most builds.

Also I played online with a stranger one time and suddenly my legend level went from 1 to like 200 or something, so the community is filled with cheaters.

It’s one of my favorite games of all time, and there’s still a fairly active community. With that said, I am glad that D4 is apparently going back to a darker tone...if it ever comes out lol

#5799 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13742 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 26 June 2020 - 03:16 AM

It’s one of my favorite games of all time, and there’s still a fairly active community. With that said, I am glad that D4 is apparently going back to a darker tone...if it ever comes out lol

Um. Why wouldn't it come out? It was just announced a few months ago.

#5800 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3589 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 05:27 PM

Just finally finished TLOU last night. Man what a fucking ride it was. So glad I gave it another shot. Def one of my favorite games this decade. Can’t wait to dive into part 2 tonight.

#5801 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70168 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 26 June 2020 - 06:27 PM

#5802 Bryson   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   256 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 09:09 PM

Just finally finished TLOU last night. Man what a fucking ride it was. So glad I gave it another shot. Def one of my favorite games this decade. Can’t wait to dive into part 2 tonight.

Oh god. Just save yourself the pain now and pretend like the sequel doesn't exist.

#5803 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 26 June 2020 - 09:13 PM

It sold 4 million copies in 3 days. That's alot of disappoint going around.

#5804 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70168 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 26 June 2020 - 10:21 PM

#5805 Babysinclair   Banned Banned   44 Posts   Joined 0.2 Years Ago  

Babysinclair

Posted 26 June 2020 - 11:13 PM

It really doesn’t matter how much it sells, it doesn’t mean it’s a good game. That’s like picking a random rap artist that has 10 million views on YouTube in a few days, does that automatically make them a good artist? You don’t have to follow sheep all of your life lol.

#5806 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 26 June 2020 - 11:20 PM

Lol your right. Just saying they made money. Game is selling crazy. Someone must like it.

#5807 Bryson   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   256 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2020 - 12:19 AM

Lol your right. Just saying they made money. Game is selling crazy. Someone must like it.

Or maybe people bought it because of how much they loved the first game. I know hard to believe right? Plus they're banning returns in certain countries.

#5808 Babysinclair   Banned Banned   44 Posts   Joined 0.2 Years Ago  

Babysinclair

Posted 27 June 2020 - 12:23 AM

Or maybe people bought it because of how much they loved the first game. I know hard to believe right? Plus they're banning returns in certain countries.

I played the first one when it came out, I thought it was ok, nothing special, that is why I will sit the sequel out until it’s cheap enough. I’m in no rush to play it after the first game.

#5809 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9073 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 27 June 2020 - 01:09 AM

I attribute that more to the love of the first game (and Sony going scorched earth on spoilers) than the quality of the second.

#5810 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3589 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2020 - 02:20 AM

Oh god. Just save yourself the pain now and pretend like the sequel doesn't exist.

I already know the plot and even then I get what they did and why they did it. I wanna experience it myself lol

Plus my buddy works for Sony so I got the game for $25.

#5811 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70168 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 27 June 2020 - 03:12 PM

#5812 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1751 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2020 - 04:30 PM

Without getting spoilers or anything, what is the general problem with TLOU2 that people don't like?

It's just more of the same gameplay (which isn't everyone's cup of tea) and that makes it bad?

It's just more of the same gameplay (which is fine and tolerable) but the story is boring or bad?

They made the gameplay worse?

It's just people mad at some message or choice of characters or something but the story and gameplay was fine otherwise?

I imagine it's the second choice?

I played the first TLOU and I didn't like much of the need for stealth.  Yes, I understand that's the point of the game.

It just wasn't fun for me but the story/character bonding was the good part.

I'd imagine that I'd pick it up in the future once it's cheap just to see what's up.

#5813 Chainsaw_charlie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   524 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Chainsaw_charlie

Posted 27 June 2020 - 05:22 PM

I'm about 3/4th through TLOU2 and I can see why there is a need of being upset at a certain plot point. I am not angry as it's one hell of a sequel.

#5814 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13742 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 27 June 2020 - 05:23 PM

Without getting spoilers or anything, what is the general problem with TLOU2 that people don't like

They hate the lesbians.

Sad but that's where 90% of the review bombing is coming from.

Also people read spoilers and how to feel about those spoilers on the internet and now they can't form their own opinions or get past what they read.

It's a cool game though.

#5815 rpgaymer  

rpgaymer

Posted 27 June 2020 - 05:26 PM

Naughty Dog games bore me to death, their development culture is toxic, and the story spoilers I read are legit stupid, but I still wanted to play a big budget mainstream game starring lesbian main characters. Kind of a big deal. So I put a hold on LoU2 at my local library & it's available for me to pick up on Monday.

If you want to see what all the fuss is about, there are other options besides actually buying the game.

#5816 synnarc   Lord of the VRAM CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2020 - 06:05 PM

I finished it the other day and really enjoyed it. Turns out that people may like something even if others don't. What a novel concept.

As for the LGBT+ stuff - I'm a parent and strong advocate for the rights. I'm not offended nor did "I" think ND stepped over a line. The characters were strong and courageous. I'd be proud if my daughter ever displayed half of the courage and/or strength that ND wrote in to these characters. (given the storyline and setting of the game)

#5817 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1518 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2020 - 06:06 PM

TLoU 2 is really good so far. I'm 18 hrs in. I like that everything has been a surprise. The trailers intentionally misdirected people Kojima style. I completely avoided spoilers and really enjoy the direction they took with the story. Game play is a refined version of the first game. Good stuff!

#5818 bilbobagins3  

bilbobagins3

Posted 27 June 2020 - 06:24 PM

Glad to see some LoU2 positivity here. Bought it on release and played it over 3 days in three 8 hour chunks. As a whole, I enjoyed it a lot. I really feel like the exact same game would have been received much better had the sequence in which things were presented been done differently. My major gripe was how much the first 12 hours or so had me locked in, but then over the next 8 or so hours I just wanted to rush to get back to that. I think other than the flashbacks to months and years earlier, it would have been much more enjoyable to just play the present day material in chronological order. One might argue that would remove tension from the first half of the game, but that is what I felt made the second half a lot less enjoyable. There was pretty much zero tension in the second half because you know what you are building up to.

First 3 hours was great for me. The last 3 hours (regardless how you feel about the direction they went) was solid for me. That middle 18 hours was good, solid, fun gameplay, but the story was told in a way that seemed unnecessary. Can I get a director’s cut? Maybe I’ll make a bunch of manual saves and play them in the order I’d have liked the second time around.

#5819 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1483 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2020 - 06:32 PM

Great, now we can have endless discussions about how "bad" TLOU2 is instead of the first one.  :P

#5820 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9073 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 27 June 2020 - 06:38 PM

They hate the lesbians.

Sad but that's where 90% of the review bombing is coming from.

Nice deflecting. Couldn't possibly be the controversial story that the people behind it even acknowledge would be divisive.