* * * - - 23 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 7/22: Summer Sale! $21 Control, $20 Chocobo's MD, $6 Dandara, $5 Dirt 4/Rally, $6 Doom, $30 DQB2, & More!

#1201 RiPPn  

Posted 11 October 2019 - 12:26 PM

Oh and don't forget how shitty the flash sales have got.  It's to the point now that I don't even care if they do a flash sale or not, but maybe that was their intent as they eventually phase that once great monthly event away.

#1202 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 12:31 PM

You're missing my point. Of course that's a response. But if you follow the thread of conversation i was responding to, one person said sony wasn't being 'lazy', they did x, y, z. The second person basically implied those things don't count because it was only sony 'caving'.

It 100% was a case of Sony caving on cross-play. They were so reluctant to do it and refused to do so even though Microsoft and Nintendo were taking jabs at them for months. They only finally did it due to mounting consumer pressure. Sony ‘caving’ to pressure is completely accurate.

#1203 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   3080 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2019 - 12:38 PM

And some guys prefer fat girls over bikini models

both.jpg

LINKY (safe for work)

#1204 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2990 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 11 October 2019 - 01:00 PM

both.jpg
LINKY (safe for work)

She is next level beautiful.

#1205 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3606 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 11 October 2019 - 02:45 PM

fXx36Qv.png

#1206 ritchardf  

Posted 11 October 2019 - 02:53 PM

It 100% was a case of Sony caving on cross-play. They were so reluctant to do it and refused to do so even though Microsoft and Nintendo were taking jabs at them for months. They only finally did it due to mounting consumer pressure. Sony ‘caving’ to pressure is completely accurate.

it is funny how people forget during the 360 era (when microsoft was "on top") they refused to do cross play and sony supported it. of course it makes no sense for a market leader to open up their multiplayer to other consoles. but now that microsoft has nearly finished off consoles for good, it wont really matter in a few years anyway.

#1207 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3606 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 11 October 2019 - 03:11 PM

If the market leader not supporting cross play is the norm... then wouldn't that mean Sony caved?

Anyway, I'd assume a lot of people were unhappy with Microsoft for that as well.

#1208 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   11170 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

guardian_owl

Posted 11 October 2019 - 04:03 PM

I do have to wonder since PSN is apparently so haphazardly cobbled together how much of not allowing crossplay for all titles was a business decision and how much of it was some kind of technical limitation that would have required a lot of effort to fix. I mean it was a herculean effort on Sony's part just to figure out how to implement PSN name changes. 

Maybe I'm just find of the good 'ol days where I felt input was valued. Remember voting on a ps+ game? At least they were trying something new based on input, albeit short lived.

I can understand why they stopped doing that. Since they were 3-way votes, unless one title wins by blockbuster margins, there is going to be more people disappointed that their choice was not selected than people excited that their pick was a winner. If all 3 votes are close, then slightly less than 2/3rds of the voting populace will come away from the experience disappointed.

#1209 Moofboy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   498 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2019 - 04:47 PM

I can understand why they stopped doing that. Since they were 3-way votes, unless one title wins by blockbuster margins, there is going to be more people disappointed that their choice was not selected than people excited that their pick was a winner. If all 3 votes are close, then slightly less than 2/3rds of the voting populace will come away from the experience disappointed.

I totally get why they stopped, but at least they were trying something new based on feedback. I seem to remember not winning during that also.

#1210 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3273 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2019 - 04:57 PM

I thought at some point we'd start getting a PSVR game, or even 2. It would have at least somewhat filled the gap left by dropping PS3/Vita support. Obviously that never happened.

#1211 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 05:01 PM

I thought at some point we'd start getting a PSVR game, or even 2. It would have at least somewhat filled the gap left by dropping PS3/Vita support. Obviously that never happened.

I think most people figured this would happen. It seemed like common sense and would be a great way to push units.

#1212 ritchardf  

Posted 11 October 2019 - 06:12 PM

If the market leader not supporting cross play is the norm... then wouldn't that mean Sony caved?

Anyway, I'd assume a lot of people were unhappy with Microsoft for that as well.

yeah, they caved. Im agreeing on that, i just think its strange that there has been this much pressure on them but xbox got by because they blamed security issues with co-mingling among sony's servers. I guess they are all up to snuff now (snicker)

#1213 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3606 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 11 October 2019 - 06:35 PM

^I misunderstood and thought you were disagreeing.

#1214 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! Banned   1790 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 11 October 2019 - 07:16 PM

most people have Plus to play online or to get discounts on PSN games

the free games were normally old or not worth playing to begin with, and wasn't there a stat that showed most people with Plus don't even add the free games to their library?

though it would definitely make sense to have a free VR game every month to help push units

#1215 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1485 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2019 - 07:53 PM

most people have Plus to play online or to get discounts on PSN games

the free games were normally old or not worth playing to begin with, and wasn't there a stat that showed most people with Plus don't even add the free games to their library?

though it would definitely make sense to have a free VR game every month to help push units

The bulk of console owners are nothing at all like the folks on CAG.  In many cases it's that parents have bought a game system for their kids, and neither the parents nor the kids have the faintest clue about what PS+ is or that there are free games available.  So I would not be surprised at all if the majority of PS+ subs don't even claim their games - many likely came about because the kid wanted to play with their friends online and they figured out just enough to get the PS+ sub for that.  These same people have no idea when digital sales happen, or in some cases even that you can buy games digitally.  I'm not blaming them for anything or calling them stupid; they just aren't focused on gaming like we are.

#1216 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70183 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 12 October 2019 - 02:12 AM

Some new deals:

PS4

A Knight’s Quest - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 10/24

eFootball PES 2020 Legend Edition - $55.99 - 30% Off - Ends 10/15

eFootball PES 2020 Standard Edition - $41.99 - 30% Off - Ends 10/15

Epic Ultimate Bundle - $17.99 - 70% Off - $11.99 - 80% Off - Ends 12/31

New Star Manager - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 10/15

Samael the Legacy of Ophiuchus - $8.99 - 70% Off - $5.99 - 80% Off - Ends 12/31

Spear of Destiny The Kaiseki - $2.79 - 80% Off - $1.39 - 90% Off - Ends 12/31

Sword of Fortress the Onomuzim - $5.99 - 70% Off - $3.99 - 80% Off - Ends 12/31

Yooka-Laylee: Buddy Duo Bundle - $40.49 - 10% Off - Ends 10/24

Vita

Indoor Sports World - $0.99 - 80% Off - Ends 10/31

Here are the freebies:

Demos

AeternoBlade II

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom

Add-ons

Monster Hunter: World Iceborne - Monster Figure: Great Jagras - Free

Rock Band 4 - 4th Anniversary Free DLC Pack - Free

Themes

GDEX 2019 Dynamic Theme by Truant Pixel - Free

Some other notable releases:

AeternoBlade II - $29.99

BDSM: Big Drunk Satanic Massacre - $29.99

Bibi & Tina at the horse farm - $19.99

Contraptions - $9.99

Frostpunk: Console Edition - $29.99

Mistover - $29.99

River City Melee Mach! - $13.99

Spirit Hunter: NG - $49.99

:vita: Spirit Hunter: NG - $39.99

Stellatum - $14.99

#1217 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2019 - 07:43 AM

I'll have to give the Monster Boy demo a go. I've had my eye on it but the price was a bit off-putting. 

#1218 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7887 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2019 - 12:29 PM

Just grabbed all the DLC courses for Everybody's Golf.  I bought the disc on clearance months ago at Walmart, and it's a really fun game, so I figure that the extra courses will add a bit more life to the game play.  There's not much new under the sun since the original Hot Shots Golf on PS1, just better graphics and a smoother interface.  But I don't expect it was a hot enough seller for them to release a Game of the Year edition, so I bought the courses for the hell of it.

In other news, I finally got off the first planet in No Man's Sky after being frustrated as hell with the tutorial and quitting the game last winter.  I heard the Beyond update had come out, so I decided to give it another go.  I will probably play some more No Man's Sky today.

#1219 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70183 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 12 October 2019 - 06:49 PM

#1220 Archaic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   549 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2019 - 06:51 PM

They're throwing out the same big games, over and over. Let me describe to you their next big game: heavily narrative and actor driven, third-person shooter/melee, action adventure game. Sound familiar? It should since Uncharted, Last of Us, God of War, Spider-man, Horizon, etc are ALL THE SAME DAMN GAME. Their portfolio is like if McDonald's suddenly only offered burgers with different toppings.

If you think the Last of Us, Spider-man, and Horizon all play the "same," then I don't know what to tell you. Are they all third person with developed narrative components? Yes. But each has drastically different traversal and combat mechanics, as well as fall all over the spectrum as far as under- (Spiderman) or over- (Last of Us) emphasizing narrative.

#1221 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   985 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 12 October 2019 - 08:43 PM

I got the last trophy I was hunting for for the passes. I ended up completing three platinum passes, five gold passes, and three silver passes for $45.50 worth of Sony Rewards.

I got lucky back in July. Six platinums trophies into a platinum pass Sony Rewards gave me credit for completing the pass. I was going to spend the next couple of months hunting four platinum trophies, but I ended up being able to play games on my newly bought Playstation Classic, and start and finish Grand Theft Auto V.

The trophy passes were fun. They got me to play more of my backlog. Though they did put my non-trophy games on the back burner. During the promotion I only played one Xbox 360 game from my backlog.

#1222 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70183 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 13 October 2019 - 03:56 PM

New Golden Key for Borderlands 3:

SHiFT code for a Golden Key for Borderlands 3: 

CZCTJ-CZ59T-HC35W-T3BJB-ZTZJC

Active until 10pm CST.

Redeem in game or via http://shift.gearboxsoftware.com  - Collect Golden Key from in-game mail in “Social” menu.

#1223 allstar45   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   170 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2019 - 09:06 PM

I got the last trophy I was hunting for for the passes. I ended up completing three platinum passes, five gold passes, and three silver passes for $45.50 worth of Sony Rewards.
I got lucky back in July. Six platinums trophies into a platinum pass Sony Rewards gave me credit for completing the pass. I was going to spend the next couple of months hunting four platinum trophies, but I ended up being able to play games on my newly bought Playstation Classic, and start and finish Grand Theft Auto V.
The trophy passes were fun. They got me to play more of my backlog. Though they did put my non-trophy games on the back burner. During the promotion I only played one Xbox 360 game from my backlog.

About how long did it take for the update to the Sony rewards website to go through? I beat hellblade a few weeks ago and of course my golds did not update yet

#1224 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70183 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 13 October 2019 - 09:45 PM

I'm going to stream Children of Morta tonight at 9 PM ET/6 PM PT ahead of its release on Tuesday.

#1225 Chainsaw_charlie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   524 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Chainsaw_charlie

Posted 13 October 2019 - 10:46 PM

So I am looking for a decent cheap game to buy next. I prefer first or third person horror/adventure games. I also have my eyes on Shakedown Hawaii,Back in 1995, 198X stuff like that

#1226 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70183 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 14 October 2019 - 12:57 AM

#1227 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70183 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 14 October 2019 - 01:00 AM

My stream of Children of Morta is live (link).

Edit: Archive will be done in a bit:

Really liking this as a dungeon crawling rogue-lite action-RPG with some interesting story that progresses between runs to give you a bit more meat to why you're trying to get through these different dungeons. This is out on Tuesday with a pre-order discount for 10% off ($19.79).

#1228 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   985 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 14 October 2019 - 02:36 AM

About how long did it take for the update to the Sony rewards website to go through? I beat hellblade a few weeks ago and of course my golds did not update yet

Oh, I just know I was one away from completing a gold pass, and then I finally got it. I doubt I got credit for it yet.

Just checked, and I haven't. It seems I haven't gotten credit for a platinum trophy I unlocked on September 14. I suppose it's possible the desktop site isn't keeping track of individual trophies anymore. It's hard for me to tell since that platinum and the gold trophy I was going for might be the only platinum/gold/silver trophies I earned in the past month.

Nope. I got one silver from GTAV in September. Not credited on Sony Rewards.

Also, the mobile Android app seems to have shit itself. Maybe the passes croaked early

#1229 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1518 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2019 - 12:57 PM

I've been doing sony rewards since it launched and have redeemed $185 worth of PSN certs. It really has been great. I have just enough to get one more $10 code. The trophy hunting has been a big boost. Sad to see it going.

#1230 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   676 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 14 October 2019 - 03:23 PM

I assume there is some ymmv involved since the site barely works these days but in my experience the new reward site updates 1 time per month, usually near the end. All my passes since the new site launched were updated sometime between the 25th-29th of each month.