* * * - - 12 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/20: August Savings sale! $32 Bloodstained, $8 Guacamelee 2, $15 Observation, $7.49 Soma, $12 Wandersong, & More!

#121 kemosahbe  

Posted 17 July 2019 - 05:59 PM

I think the tweet was deleted or link is slightly off, if you follow the URL it leads to a page not found error.

#122 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1055 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2019 - 06:10 PM

I think the tweet was deleted or link is slightly off, if you follow the URL it leads to a page not found error.

But this happens with EVERY one of Frisky's links like this, short of the listings for the PSN store.

I'm using Firefox with Adblock plus so no idea if that factors in.

#123 kemosahbe  

Posted 17 July 2019 - 06:19 PM

But this happens with EVERY one of Frisky's links like this, short of the listings for the PSN store.

I'm using Firefox with Adblock plus so no idea if that factors in.

Interesting, I'm on Firefox with AdBlock Plus as well and can see all of his embedded links outside of this one. Not sure what may be causing it. Sorry!

#124 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:59 PM

According to a now deleted post on the PSBlog, apparently a demo for Blood & Truth is coming out tomorrow. Anyone play it yet? It's in my wishlist, just a little to expensive for my taste though.

Also, for those that have it, I guess there's some post game DLC coming on July 25th.

#125 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69004 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 17 July 2019 - 09:08 PM

Frisky, any idea why your links behave like they're spoiler tags? It's visible here when I respond (as i type), but I see this on the screen when your posts come up:

It's also still invisible even in the reply quote.

Are blocking flash or javascript or whatever CAG uses for embeds? That would be the only thing I can think of since I'm not doing anything but posting the link that auto-embeds.

#126 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1086 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2019 - 09:10 PM

I can't see the Twitter link either and i tried both Dolphin and Chrome on my Android.

#127 KillerBs75  

KillerBs75

Posted 17 July 2019 - 09:22 PM

I just bought a PS4 on the Prime Day sale.  Shadow of the Colossus good for this price?  I have Spider Man and Horizon Zero Dawn already and a massive backlog on Xbox so I'm not sure if this is a low price or I should wait.

Also, if anyone has any other suggestions of games on the sale here that will play on PS4, they can be older I haven't had a PS since I shared a PSOne with my brother 20 years ago.  I'll play almost anything single-player and have very little interest in competitive MP games.  Otherwise, anything stand out here that would not play on Xbox?

#128 Sindur   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   343 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2019 - 10:00 PM

I just bought a PS4 on the Prime Day sale.  Shadow of the Colossus good for this price?  I have Spider Man and Horizon Zero Dawn already and a massive backlog on Xbox so I'm not sure if this is a low price or I should wait.

Also, if anyone has any other suggestions of games on the sale here that will play on PS4, they can be older I haven't had a PS since I shared a PSOne with my brother 20 years ago.  I'll play almost anything single-player and have very little interest in competitive MP games.  Otherwise, anything stand out here that would not play on Xbox?

God of War (2018)

#129 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1256 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2019 - 10:33 PM

God of War (2018)

Which is not on sale...

#130 KillerBs75  

KillerBs75

Posted 17 July 2019 - 10:48 PM

God of War (2018)

As previous poster said it's not on sale but I do appreciate the suggestion.  God of War and Horizon seem to be the absolute can't miss games.  The Uncharted look like more Tomb Raider to me, but not saying that's a bad thing.

Basically I am not sure what a good PS4 price is (being a cheapass and all, the price is everything) and my goal is to just grab up cheap games I've never played and put them in the log along with all my Xbox stuff.  Is there a price tracking site or something?  The XBL posts usually list a price history site.

#131 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1086 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2019 - 10:54 PM

https://psprices.com/

#132 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69004 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 July 2019 - 01:12 AM

Going live with Detroit: Become Human in a few minutes (link).

Edit: Archive (Part 1):

#133 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6897 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2019 - 10:52 AM

Anyone have experience with the games in the indie darling bundle or the card game bundles?

The Card Game Bundle is a great value, but Monster Slayers is the better of the two games.  If you're on the fence, wait until Monster Slayers goes on sale by itself.  I like Monster Slayers so much that I bought it on PS4, Xbox One, and Steam.  But for the current price, I would just buy the bundle.  

#134 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69004 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 July 2019 - 01:27 PM

Flash Sale's happening tomorrow:

https://www.cheapass...am-pt-ends-722/

#135 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1889 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2019 - 01:41 PM

The Uncharted look like more Tomb Raider to me, but not saying that's a bad thing.

It's more like Tomb Raider (2013) heavily borrowed from Uncharted.  But yes similar games.  I haven't played the most recent TR but overall I find the Uncharted games to be a little bit more polished.  They're enough alike where if you like (or dislike) once series, the same will probably be true for the other. 

I'd add Bloodborne and Persona 5 to your must-play list (GoW, Spidey, and H:ZD). 

#136 Vigilante   Hold On to That Hatred CAGiversary!   37122 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2019 - 02:09 PM

Flash Sale's happening tomorrow:

https://www.cheapass...am-pt-ends-722/

Another flash sale filled with the same old, same old. :wall:

#137 solinari6   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

solinari6

Posted 18 July 2019 - 02:18 PM

Interesting, I'm on Firefox with AdBlock Plus as well and can see all of his embedded links outside of this one. Not sure what may be causing it. Sorry!

If you use Strict content blocking on firefox, twitter embeds don't work.

#138 frankmackeyspam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   489 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

frankmackeyspam

Posted 18 July 2019 - 02:51 PM

The Uncharted series has way better writing than the recent Tomb Raiders (dialogue/characters mainly...storytelling isn't a strong suite of either series).  The last Tomb Raider game was so bad in this regard.

#139 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1179 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2019 - 03:24 PM

As previous poster said it's not on sale but I do appreciate the suggestion.  God of War and Horizon seem to be the absolute can't miss games.  The Uncharted look like more Tomb Raider to me, but not saying that's a bad thing.

Basically I am not sure what a good PS4 price is (being a cheapass and all, the price is everything) and my goal is to just grab up cheap games I've never played and put them in the log along with all my Xbox stuff.  Is there a price tracking site or something?  The XBL posts usually list a price history site.

basically grab anything that was $20 or less from the days of play sale.  They'll hit those prices again by BF.

Uncharted is better than rebooted TR series by a long shot.  Only the first TR was really good since it was different than previous TR games.

#140 VoltaicOwl  

VoltaicOwl

Posted 18 July 2019 - 07:25 PM

That Mega Man 30th bundle is tempting, but I feel like it can get cheaper in future sales.  Then again, my PS+ might run out before that happens...

#141 Dr0p119   Chief Red Thunder CAGiversary!   1484 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2019 - 08:16 PM

only thing i might buy is 198x, it looks dope.

anyone buy it? love it,hate it? thx.

#142 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1108 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2019 - 09:00 PM

disappoint.jpg

#143 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69004 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 July 2019 - 09:12 PM

https://www.rocketle...starts-july-18/

Rocket League has a Double XP going on that starts now until 7/22 at 1 PM ET/10 AM PT.

https://www.rocketle...er--television/

KITT is going on sale on 7/22 for $1.99 with the start of the last phase of the Radical Summer event that features 80s TV items to earn.

#144 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1055 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2019 - 09:18 PM

If you use Strict content blocking on firefox, twitter embeds don't work.

ah ha.gif

Thanks Solinari! Mystery solved.

#145 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 18 July 2019 - 10:03 PM

Debating about picking up some of the PS2 and/or PS1 games on sale for the PS3.  Does anyone know if there are any enhancements whatsoever for playing digital PS1 or PS2 games on the PS3?

#146 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   944 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 19 July 2019 - 04:47 AM

If you backed Bloodstained for a PS4 copy don't forget to check your backer page for a code for the pre-order dynamic theme. I just found out the codes had been added a while ago.

#147 KillerBs75  

KillerBs75

Posted 19 July 2019 - 05:57 AM

basically grab anything that was $20 or less from the days of play sale.  They'll hit those prices again by BF.

Uncharted is better than rebooted TR series by a long shot.  Only the first TR was really good since it was different than previous TR games.

It's more like Tomb Raider (2013) heavily borrowed from Uncharted.  But yes similar games.  I haven't played the most recent TR but overall I find the Uncharted games to be a little bit more polished.  They're enough alike where if you like (or dislike) once series, the same will probably be true for the other. 

I'd add Bloodborne and Persona 5 to your must-play list (GoW, Spidey, and H:ZD). 

The first Tomb Raider reboot game was definitely my favorite.  The 2nd one was fun but less memorable.  Haven't gotten around to playing the 3rd yet.  If Uncharted is better then that's a plus.

I guess I'll have to try Bloodborne literally everything I read says how great it is.  I only got about halfway through Dark Souls and just got sick of it.  Couple missteps on a boss or just need to save/logoff for a while and argh it's back to another 15-30 minute tedious grind just to get back where I already was.  I don't mind the difficulty and always found fights fair, it was more the repetitive nature of going through and killing the same mobs over and over and over and over when I didn't really enjoy fighting them at all.

I'll check out Persona as well.  At a glance not something I'd have looked in to but I'm open to try things that I haven't before.  Found the old Days of Play sale and added a bunch from there too  

#148 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1965 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2019 - 06:19 AM

That Mega Man 30th bundle is tempting, but I feel like it can get cheaper in future sales.  Then again, my PS+ might run out before that happens...

It probably will get cheaper, but it's still a pretty crazy deal for what's included, especially if you don't already have any of them. You're getting 19 games over 5 groups (four collections and a standalone), just two of which together would normally cost more than the whole bundle is going for right now.

#149 dennisb407   Brickseek DN CAGiversary!   5889 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2019 - 01:21 PM

Thinking of getting the Jak Dax trilogy....has anyone played it? Worth $15?

#150 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9434 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2019 - 01:54 PM

Thinking of getting the Jak Dax trilogy....has anyone played it? Worth $15?

I've heard similar to other PS2 on PS4 remasters that there is some input lag. It seems to affect these games a bit more because of precise platforming needed at times, but I can't vouch. Honestly you're likely better playing the PS3 HD collection which seems to work great. Most of the PS2 to PS4 remasters are likely janky and not worth it. Doesn't stop me from getting the RPG ones like Star Ocean.