* * * - - 26 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 9/23: Big in Japan, Double Discounts, & Games Under $20 Sales!

#5251 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9122 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 05 June 2020 - 07:12 PM

i bit on lego worlds. one of my kids loves lego, but the other one hates having to do the missions. i feel like this would be a happy medium.

I was considering getting it as well given that it just left PS Now and its price is at an all-time low. Let me know how it is.

#5252 growsinwater  

growsinwater

Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:15 PM

i miss the old recipe. they really screwed the pooch with whatever the crap they did to it.

It was easily my favorite candy bar too and now it basically sucks :(

#5253 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1239 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:33 PM

To me, Lego Worlds feels like a Lego version of No Man's Sky.  Your spaceship crashes on a randomly generated world.  You find the bricks to repair it (tutorial) and then take off to another randomly generated planet.  You can then go to millions of randomly generated planets to explore.  Instead of farming material, resource management, and scanning various wildlife like in No Man's Sky, you're looking to discover new bricks, minifigs, and other things, scanning them so that you can use them to build with. You're also given various quests which can earn you new pieces.  I've clocked in a loooot of hours in it and even enjoyed it more than NMS (mostly because I don't like farming and resource management.)

#5254 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3282 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2020 - 10:19 PM

To me, Lego Worlds feels like a Lego version of No Man's Sky.  Your spaceship crashes on a randomly generated world.  You find the bricks to repair it (tutorial) and then take off to another randomly generated planet.  You can then go to millions of randomly generated planets to explore.  Instead of farming material, resource management, and scanning various wildlife like in No Man's Sky, you're looking to discover new bricks, minifigs, and other things, scanning them so that you can use them to build with. You're also given various quests which can earn you new pieces.  I've clocked in a loooot of hours in it and even enjoyed it more than NMS (mostly because I don't like farming and resource management.)

The plat is a real slog though. The amount of money you need to collect is ridiculous. It is the only trophy I am missing, and I am not exactly close.

#5255 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1239 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2020 - 10:43 PM

Yeah, that plat took forever for me.  There was some trick I did to get all the money.  It was so long ago, I can't remember exactly now. But I think it had to do with constantly dropping an item on a player while using another controller?  I'm sure I saw how to do it from a YouTube video.  Still took a long time.

#5256 the_ENEMY_   Undead CAGiversary!   1289 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

the_ENEMY_

Posted 06 June 2020 - 02:58 AM

my kids had a lot of fun their first time playing it. finished quite a few worlds and im sure they will play more when they are allowed. the controls are a little tricky at first but my 7 year old was making giant statues out of bricks in notime.

#5257 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1239 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2020 - 03:13 AM

I made brick-perfect Knowby Cabin.  It was sweet.

#5258 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   2057 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 06 June 2020 - 10:16 PM

For people who played mlb 20 is there a reason to get it over owning digital 19?

#5259 Babysinclair   Banned Banned   44 Posts   Joined 0.4 Years Ago  

Babysinclair

Posted 06 June 2020 - 10:50 PM

I can not wait until the PS5 is shown off this month, Xbox will follow the leader.

#5260 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3502 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 06 June 2020 - 11:19 PM

For people who played mlb 20 is there a reason to get it over owning digital 19?

I'm biased as I'm a baseball fiend and put in hundreds of hours every year. I would say it depends on what mode you play the most. Obviously with no baseball going on you could keep playing your season or franchise if that's what you mostly play. I'm addicted to Diamond Dynasty so I'm all about the new content. March to October got some improvements and there's a new Showdown mode but that's part of Diamond Dynasty.

#5261 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2745 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 07 June 2020 - 02:14 AM

POPULAR

Anyone here in the US wants my physical copy of Maneater just like this post and I'll pick someone at random and send it to them. Will pick someone tomorrow by noon Arizona time.

#5262 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   2057 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 07 June 2020 - 02:18 AM

I'm biased as I'm a baseball fiend and put in hundreds of hours every year. I would say it depends on what mode you play the most. Obviously with no baseball going on you could keep playing your season or franchise if that's what you mostly play. I'm addicted to Diamond Dynasty so I'm all about the new content. March to October got some improvements and there's a new Showdown mode but that's part of Diamond Dynasty.

I mostly play road to the show so I'm skeptical of big changes.

#5263 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3502 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 07 June 2020 - 02:39 AM

I mostly play road to the show so I'm skeptical of big changes.

Yeah moving to 20 with an existing RttS save is not really going to be worth it IMO.

#5264 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2745 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 07 June 2020 - 07:04 PM

Anyone here in the US wants my physical copy of Maneater just like this post and I'll pick someone at random and send it to them. Will pick someone tomorrow by noon Arizona time.

The winner is Revanex. Just message me your address and I'll send it sometime this week.

#5265 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 03:09 PM

QQOZS1b.png

Probably VERY YMMV, but Amazon is telling me that if I add a new payment method I can save $10 (just used this game as an example). Check your account.

#5266 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 08 June 2020 - 03:24 PM

Very nice of you. I hope you live in the cooler part of Arizona. I'm in Orange County, CA and another heat wave is coming this week so Arizona should be getting torched.

#5267 RiPPn  

Posted 08 June 2020 - 04:27 PM

Very nice of you. I hope you live in the cooler part of Arizona. I'm in Orange County, CA and another heat wave is coming this week so Arizona should be getting torched.

We've been cool for the last week or so, (highs in the 90s) but our 10 day looks pretty normal for a June in Phoenix. (average 105) Now you guys in California, for some reason nature won't leave your state alone.

#5268 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 04:49 PM

Not Sony, but it's definitely coming since they already stopped allowing third party sales of digital games:

It's Now Impossible To Sell Content Included With Xbox One Bundles

Microsoft is changing the way you will redeem codes included with console purchases in the future by integrating it with the setup process. Digital Direct is Microsoft's move to remove physical codes from console bundles, associating content with an account instead.

#5269 RiPPn  

Posted 08 June 2020 - 05:23 PM

#5270 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3740 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2020 - 05:40 PM

Looking forward to seeing what is in store.  I just boxed up my XBOX ONE X since the goddamn thing was nothing more than a paperweight.  I think this next console generation, I am sticking to one platform, that being PS5 lol

#5271 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4306 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 08 June 2020 - 05:43 PM

The way 2020 is going, UFOs will attack tomorrow and Sony will cancel again.

#5272 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2020 - 05:59 PM

The way 2020 is going, UFOs will attack tomorrow and Sony will cancel again.

Nah. It'll just take place aboard the alien mothership. Sony will announce an exclusive partnership with the aliens and Xbox owners will be stuck on Earth.

#5273 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2745 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 09 June 2020 - 12:02 AM

Nope I live in Gilbert which is in the Phoenix area so it's the hot part. But like RiPPn said not too bad this week. The scorpions are in full effect already. I killed 5 in my backyard the last 2 days. Thankfully none in the house yet this summer.

#5274 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5596 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 09 June 2020 - 12:26 AM

Luckily my state is only hitting 91 tomorrow and will be back in the 80- 70's afterwards.  Still gonna suck working outside tomorrow.  Gonna have to remember to bring some bottled water and stuff.

#5275 Glas   Rhythm Game Maniac CAGiversary!   384 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2020 - 12:35 AM

Anyone knows if we might get more discounts on Wednesday? About to hit the bullet and buy my full cart.

#5276 Zantra  

Zantra

Posted 09 June 2020 - 01:07 AM

My city in California is currently on fire and all of the smoke is causing our temperatures to be a lot lower then they were forecast to be.

#5277 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70345 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 09 June 2020 - 02:31 AM

Anyone knows if we might get more discounts on Wednesday? About to hit the bullet and buy my full cart.

There will be sales to replace the ones that end on Wednesday.

#5278 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   836 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2020 - 09:48 PM

Persona 3 and Persona 4 Golden have been found on Steam.  Possible PS4 versions?

#5279 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9122 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 09 June 2020 - 10:35 PM

Persona 3 and Persona 4 Golden have been found on Steam. Possible PS4 versions?

Fingers crossed. Only hitch would be if they were planning enhanced ports (a la Catherine: Full Body when Catherine Classic hit PC).

#5280 BryanDGAF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1189 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2020 - 10:48 PM

Persona 3 and Persona 4 Golden have been found on Steam.  Possible PS4 versions?

You'll never see it coming  :-({|=