* * * - - 26 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 9/9: PlayStation VR/Essential Picks/Games Under $15 Sales!

#4741 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1489 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 10:54 PM

Did the Konami Anniversary Collection Arcade Classics ever add additional games post-launch or is it still just the original 8 games? Thanks! 

#4742 darthbster31   Herpaderp CAGiversary!   250 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

darthbster31

Posted 30 April 2020 - 11:12 PM

Did the Konami Anniversary Collection Arcade Classics ever add additional games post-launch or is it still just the original 8 games? Thanks!

Nope, still just those 8. They did add the JP versions, however.

#4743 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5558 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 01 May 2020 - 03:52 AM

Anyone here play Kentucky Route Zero? Reviews are nearly great across the board, but wondered if the PS4 is worse/better in any way than the PC version? Feel like a chump playing $20 for a digital game, but if there's no physical option, not a lot of choice.

Also - any actual deals on PSN credit anywhere? The PSN trading thread on here is pretty dry, and Raise is giving the bare minimal discount (around 2-3%) recently.

psn credit wise someone posted that speedway has a promo going with buy a 50$ psn credit and get 10$ gc or something.

#4744 tomwaits1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   504 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2020 - 04:24 AM

Been playing this today and it's a half-assed collection. Only 8 games, no online leaderboards, doesn't save local high scores unless you manually save/load your savestate, screen alignment issues in a few games that make your score clipped offscreen, and Lifeforce only has one of the Japanese versions. The arcade archives releases are much better.

#4745 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5111 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2020 - 07:28 AM

Been playing this today and it's a half-assed collection. Only 8 games, no online leaderboards, doesn't save local high scores unless you manually save/load your savestate, screen alignment issues in a few games that make your score clipped offscreen, and Lifeforce only has one of the Japanese versions. The arcade archives releases are much better.

Konami did a halfassed port job? Whaaaaaat I'm so surprised right now

#4746 Chainsaw_charlie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Chainsaw_charlie

Posted 01 May 2020 - 12:18 PM

Question

Arcade Spirits releases today, does it show up today or do I have to wait till Tuesday?

#4747 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1232 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2020 - 01:10 PM

Question

Arcade Spirits releases today, does it show up today or do I have to wait till Tuesday?

Sometimes there are releases on Friday; check the store at 11 eastern time.

#4748 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70292 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 01 May 2020 - 01:55 PM

Question

If it's out today, it'll be out in about an hour when the PS Store is updated.

#4749 Chainsaw_charlie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Chainsaw_charlie

Posted 01 May 2020 - 03:19 PM

If it's out today, it'll be out in about an hour when the PS Store is updated.

Thanks it showed up but I had to search for it, it wasnt listed under new games yet

#4750 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2349 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2020 - 05:50 PM

For what it's worth there's a petition online to get Sony to change their may ps plus games. Screw it, I signed it. I would post the link but I don't think that'd be too cool, I'm sure you can find it with a quick Google search if interested.

#4751 TortillaSoup   Strut B, Transformer Room CAGiversary!   480 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

TortillaSoup

Posted 01 May 2020 - 07:27 PM

For what it's worth there's a petition online to get Sony to change their may ps plus games. Screw it, I signed it. I would post the link but I don't think that'd be too cool, I'm sure you can find it with a quick Google search if interested.

lol why

#4752 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37687 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2020 - 07:36 PM

lol why

bUncUZF.png

#4753 Onyxmeth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   451 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Onyxmeth

Posted 01 May 2020 - 07:56 PM

The only mistake they made is putting them in the same month. There’s nothing wrong with the games. It fits in with games they’ve done in the past, like Tropico 5. They just don’t seem to understand how to split games so some months don’t feel so good and others feel so crappy.

#4754 Unaki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   686 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2020 - 08:08 PM

Why?  That seems like the very definition of entitlement there.  Its not going to hurt anybody if a pair of free games aren't pleasing everybody and in fact I'm actually ecstatic over Farming Sim 19 being there because I love the games as something to just go into zen mode with.  Really there have been many months where their games have been far worse but people are getting upset over two highly rated sim games.  Just don't download them and wait for June.

#4755 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10113 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2020 - 08:25 PM

I'm still a bit miffed that time Sony replaced Pro Evolution Soccer, as I haven't played one in ages and was kind of the mood at the time for playing a futbol game. I know people were excited for Detroit: Become Human, but still.

#4756 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2775 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2020 - 09:24 PM

They shouldn't have replaced PES. Now everyone thinks complaining will get them to do it again if they don't like the offering.

#4757 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9102 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 01 May 2020 - 10:12 PM

I just think it's lame to bring titles to Plus so soon after bringing them to Now since Now's monthly additions have decreased so significantly in quantity (especially after the BIG titles vanish). It was lame in reverse too but back then PS Now was adding enough evergreens per month to make up for it. But yes, two sims in one month was also not the best call given the number of Plus additions has also tanked (lest we forget). I'll deal, but I hope Now has some good additions on Tuesday to make up for it.

#4758 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2349 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2020 - 10:19 PM

The only mistake they made is putting them in the same month. There’s nothing wrong with the games. It fits in with games they’ve done in the past, like Tropico 5. They just don’t seem to understand how to split games so some months don’t feel so good and others feel so crappy.

This is exactly why I decided to sign it and see what actually happens. I'm not going to debate whether these truly are free games or not, but I do have the right to help make my opinion known, and I feel like getting 2 games that can be considered rather similar in the same month is annoying.

#4759 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5558 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 01 May 2020 - 10:41 PM

Yeah if they were still doing 6 games a month at least then it wouldn't be as terrible.  They could have at least tried to make up for it by giving 4 vr titles in their place.

#4760 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2735 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 02 May 2020 - 01:06 AM

Why? That seems like the very definition of entitlement there. Its not going to hurt anybody if a pair of free games aren't pleasing everybody and in fact I'm actually ecstatic over Farming Sim 19 being there because I love the games as something to just go into zen mode with. Really there have been many months where their games have been far worse but people are getting upset over two highly rated sim games. Just don't download them and wait for June.

Yep. What a bunch of losers.

#4761 Moofboy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   524 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2020 - 02:06 AM

Why? That seems like the very definition of entitlement there. Its not going to hurt anybody if a pair of free games aren't pleasing everybody and in fact I'm actually ecstatic over Farming Sim 19 being there because I love the games as something to just go into zen mode with. Really there have been many months where their games have been far worse but people are getting upset over two highly rated sim games. Just don't download them and wait for June.

Do you recall when they added two sports games for the month? Or two rpgs? They shouldn’t be doing two games from the same genre at all anyway, especially sims. And you failed to mention the whole ps now aspect. So, good for you for being ecstatic over this, they obviously tailored it to you.

#4762 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70292 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 02 May 2020 - 03:05 AM

Some new deals for today:

PS4
Dreams - $29.99 - 25% Off - Ends 5/5

MLB The Show 20 - $50.99 - 15% Off - Ends 5/5

MLB The Show 20 MVP Edition - $67.99 - 15% Off - Ends 5/5

MLB The Show 20 Digital Deluxe Edition - $84.99 - 15% Off - Ends 5/5

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - $35.99 - 40% Off - Ends 5/5

PS4 Add-ons

MLB The Show 20 - Add-on Sale (6) - 15% Off - Ends 5/5

#4763 Unaki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   686 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2020 - 03:55 AM

Do you recall when they added two sports games for the month? Or two rpgs? They shouldn’t be doing two games from the same genre at all anyway, especially sims. And you failed to mention the whole ps now aspect. So, good for you for being ecstatic over this, they obviously tailored it to you.

Oh yes I do and people flipped their shit then too but I'll ask you this...Who gives a damn?  Is it really worth the effort to throw a tantrum over?    The only argument that doesn't make you sound entitled as hell is the feeling of being baited with PS Now.  They didn't tailor this month to me, its just so happened that I like one of the games and haven't played it yet so your passive aggressiveness isn't needed here.  There are a lot of people who don't like strategy, racing, fighting, adventure, etc. games but they aren't on the internet foaming at the mouth over them being on the service.  If you want your voice to be heard a petition isn't the way to do it.  Instead cancel your subscription and when surveyed answer why you cancelled.  Money is more powerful than a thousand or so anger-induced signatures.  

This is exactly why I decided to sign it and see what actually happens. I'm not going to debate whether these truly are free games or not, but I do have the right to help make my opinion known, and I feel like getting 2 games that can be considered rather similar in the same month is annoying.

You have your right to your opinion of course but you have to remember that not everyone who plays video games cares much about other genres so someone is going to be happy each month and someone is not going to have a game they like added in that same month...  Might as well petition for change every month at this point.

#4764 Moofboy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   524 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2020 - 04:07 AM

Oh yes I do and people flipped their shit then too but I'll ask you this...Who gives a damn? Is it really worth the effort to throw a tantrum over? The only argument that doesn't make you sound entitled as hell is the feeling of being baited with PS Now. They didn't tailor this month to me, its just so happened that I like one of the games and haven't played it yet so your passive aggressiveness isn't needed here. There are a lot of people who don't like strategy, racing, fighting, adventure, etc. games but they aren't on the internet foaming at the mouth over them being on the service. If you want your voice to be heard a petition isn't the way to do it. Instead cancel your subscription and when surveyed answer why you cancelled. Money is more powerful than a thousand or so anger-induced signatures.

You have your right to your opinion of course but you have to remember that not everyone who plays video games cares much about other genres so someone is going to be happy each month and someone is not going to have a game they like added in that same month... Might as well petition for change every month at this point.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion as you said, but calling others entitled whiners is petty. It’s a paid for service, and purchasers should be able to voice concerns. Get over yourself.

#4765 the_ENEMY_   Undead CAGiversary!   1282 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

the_ENEMY_

Posted 02 May 2020 - 04:18 AM

imagine how much online fun Dark Souls would be if it was a free game? And to think of all the delicious invading....

On ps3 I made a level 1 pyro that got over halfway through NG+ and invaded people, lots of fun. Beating the ng+ four kings was really tough since they 1 or 2 shotted me, but hey. Invaded a level 250+ once and won thanks to cheesy gcombustion.

#4766 Unaki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   686 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2020 - 04:40 AM

imagine how much online fun Dark Souls would be if it was a free game? And to think of all the delicious invading....

On ps3 I made a level 1 pyro that got over halfway through NG+ and invaded people, lots of fun. Beating the ng+ four kings was really tough since they 1 or 2 shotted me, but hey. Invaded a level 250+ once and won thanks to cheesy gcombustion.

That would be cool if remastered hit.  Bloodborne got a huge boost in players for several months a couple years ago when it was the game of the month.

#4767 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 02 May 2020 - 09:22 AM

Hitman the complete first season is free for non USA people or it's a free trial or something. I'm a little confused.

Here is Hitman for US accounts. It's free but only the first two missions I think and I'm not sure if it's always been free or if this is new but just letting you know.

https://store.playst...ITMANGAME000001

#4768 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70292 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 02 May 2020 - 01:53 PM

Hitman the complete first season is free for non USA people or it's a free trial or something. I'm a little confused.

Here is Hitman for US accounts. It's free but only the first two missions I think and I'm not sure if it's always been free or if this is new but just letting you know.

https://store.playst...ITMANGAME000001

#4769 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3498 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 02 May 2020 - 03:42 PM

CDKeys has a year of PS+ for $33 for anyone in the market.

https://www.cdkeys.c...ta-digital-code

#4770 invisibleman777   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   5 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

invisibleman777

Posted 02 May 2020 - 09:18 PM

Can anyone suggested games for a 6 yrs old boy to play in this sale?

My son is a beginner from playing PS4.