* * * - - 26 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 9/9: PlayStation VR/Essential Picks/Games Under $15 Sales!

#5401 Bryson   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   325 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2020 - 10:59 PM

Has any other game ever been on 3 generations of consoles before? GTA V - PS3, PS4, now PS5.

Shadow of the Colussus - PS2, PS3, PS4.

#5402 redonkalous  

redonkalous

Posted 11 June 2020 - 11:01 PM

Excited for Horizon 2 and Miles, I hope Mikes will release on PS4 too. But nothing so far makes me wanna get a PS5 at launch. I still have a few more PS4 exclusives I want to buy that’s on sale now like Concrete Genie, Everybody’s Golf & Death Stranding. I just hope these PS4 games will be playable on PS5. PlayStation will remain exclusively for exclusives and Xbox for everything else main console.

#5403 Zantra  

Zantra

Posted 11 June 2020 - 11:19 PM

Digital only edition, can’t hand that disc to your buddy this time if you get that one.
https://twitter.com/...9051821056?s=20

Probably also lacks any true form of backwards compatibility. Since it can't read old game discs.

#5404 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2144 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 11 June 2020 - 11:28 PM

Digital only edition, can’t hand that disc to your buddy this time if you get that one.

I'm getting the vibe that that will be the $499 PS5 so they can come in under the wire in some form or another.  Only reason I can think of they would do this out of the gate is that they need some kind of more reasonable model to avoid sticker shock.  That's practically admitting you know your console is going to be costly.  Digital consoles have typically been trying to pick up some late adopters because they tend to piss off retailers that cannot make add on sales to justify low hardware margins (as easily).  I know digital is more of a thing now, but still ...

#5405 the_ENEMY_   Undead CAGiversary!   1289 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

the_ENEMY_

Posted 11 June 2020 - 11:54 PM

new consoles gotta piss off those who make fifa and madden... they actually gotta do some work for a change.

#5406 Jables-The-Hutt   Rebel Scum CAGiversary!   64 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Jables-The-Hutt

Posted 12 June 2020 - 12:07 AM

1. Ugly console (if it was in black it would be way less ugly)

2. Spiderman launch title not enough to get me to be a day one purchaser.

3. Lots of cool game trailers, most of them likely won't be out till late 2021 or even later.

No price announcement? This is getting pretty stupid with MS and Sony waiting till the last second to get a $$ on this new gen.

#5407 Zantra  

Zantra

Posted 12 June 2020 - 12:16 AM

I don't care what a console looks like, as long as the games are fun to play.

#5408 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3282 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2020 - 12:17 AM

Has any other game ever been on 3 generations of consoles before? GTA V - PS3, PS4, now PS5.

Mario Bros and Super Mario Bros 1-3 have appeared on pretty much every Nintendo console, and Mario Bros was on consoles before Nintendo started making them.

#5409 Bryson   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   325 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2020 - 12:22 AM

Can’t ignore the facts tho...

attachicon.gif4D42B82C-A159-4868-B7B7-A7BED79869BD.jpeg

Not sure what's so funny when you can get 40 hours out of a good pair of rechargeable batteries vs 2-4 hours from a PS4 controller...

ZkxuFS9.jpg

#5410 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1091 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2020 - 12:23 AM

I'm personally excited; I probably won't be able to swing first month purchase (I've bought a year or two after release, which definitely paid off CAG-style), but with Horizon West, Miles, R&C and an actual media remote again, I'm in.

On another note, is buying Death Stranding Deluxe for $31 on the PStore a good deal?

#5411 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1091 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2020 - 12:26 AM

While I may not like the wait for more information, I understand Sony keeping their cards close to their chest.  Remember when Sega announced the Saturn for $400 and said it was literally available for purchase the moment it was announced? Then Sony stepped out to the stage, said "$299", and won the generation with just one word.  Or when Microsoft went through a lot of BS about sharing games and then Sony made a simple video showing how easy it was to share them?  Then they won that generation.

We may not like that we're not getting the information we want now, but Sony is playing it smart.  All they have to do is wait for Microsoft to announce a price and release date. If Sony then announces the PS5 at a lower price and an earlier date, especially with legacy BC support, then they will win the generation before it even starts.

EXACTLY. Let the other guy make the first move, and undercut him WITH an additional accessory to boot.

Let your enemy come to you; never rush in headlong. Stand fast, learn--and exploit-- their weakness.

#5412 Jables-The-Hutt   Rebel Scum CAGiversary!   64 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Jables-The-Hutt

Posted 12 June 2020 - 12:33 AM

EXACTLY. Let the other guy make the first move, and undercut him WITH an additional accessory to boot.

Let your enemy come to you; never rush in headlong. Stand fast, learn--and exploit-- their weakness.

Enemy? It's Sony and Microsoft not USA vs North Korea lmao.

Also, MS is likely waiting for Sony to announce price and Sony is waiting for MS to announce so it's a stalemate at this point.

#5413 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3735 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2020 - 12:33 AM

Not sure what's so funny when you can get 40 hours out of a good pair of rechargeable batteries vs 2-4 hours from a PS4 controller...

And by June of next year, you can use the Series X to deposit your used up batteries:

EaQzzeFWkAQ8dxK.jpeg

#5414 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70337 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 12 June 2020 - 12:37 AM

Please take the fanboy nonsense elsewhere. Thanks.

#5415 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70337 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 12 June 2020 - 01:11 AM

https://blog.playsta...tion-5-in-2021/

Tribes of Midgard is coming to PS5 and PC in 2021.

https://blog.playsta...-coming-to-ps5/

The Pathless (Abzu dev's new game) is also coming to PS5 alongside the PS4 version that was announced a while back.

#5416 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5591 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 12 June 2020 - 01:13 AM

Interesting. Whatever money is saved with the all-digital version, I assume will be spent on extra storage. Games are only going to get bigger, and the proprietary SSD means not all externals will perform the same or you'll need to buy licensed external storage. 

yeah the only way I could make sense of that is if they either a allow for use of any memory cards and externals or B make it 50-100$ because it's not worth any more than that when you are gonna have to spend money on proprietary crap. Which sony is well known for being terrible and over priced with.

#5417 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70337 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 12 June 2020 - 01:27 AM

yeah the only way I could make sense of that is if they either a allow for use of any memory cards and externals or B make it 50-100$ because it's not worth any more than that when you are gonna have to spend money on proprietary crap. Which sony is well known for being terrible and over priced with.

You'll be able to put in an additional SSD for extra storage or use an external HDD for storage of games when you're not playing them.

#5418 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1460 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 12 June 2020 - 01:34 AM

I'm actually considering the digital version. I've gotten by with a 240gb SSD in my PS4 for a couple years. Since getting a gaming PC an Xbox really doesn't appeal to me this time around since Gamepass is a thing. If they somehow get it priced around $400 I'll possibly preorder.

#5419 skrockij89  

Posted 12 June 2020 - 01:41 AM

Final Fantasy X/X-2- Ps2,Ps3, and Ps4. You could add a few other FF titles to that list. 

#5420 Zantra  

Zantra

Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:03 AM

Pac Man has been on every console ever made, practically.

#5421 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4446 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:16 AM

Didn’t expect Spider Man this year. That’s a w.

#5422 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70337 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:20 AM

Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX:

#5423 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:32 AM

And by June of next year, you can use the Series X to deposit your used up batteries:

It's super easy to put rechargeable batteries in an xbox controller and you can keep the controller when you get new batteries.  You just sound spammy.

I may jump on Spider-man early if there is a CE, but will wait on the console. All of my friends are on xbox, so it makes little sense for me to change over.

#5424 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   833 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:49 AM

Didn’t expect Spider Man this year. That’s a w.

This looks like a Lost Legacy/First Light type expansion versus a full blown sequel.  I'm wondering if they'll add some sort of gimmick to take advantage of the fast SSD.

#5425 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:50 AM

EaQzzeFWkAQ8dxK.jpeg

Where did the piece of plastic hurt you?

#5426 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3735 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:54 AM

It's super easy to put rechargeable batteries in an xbox controller and you can keep the controller when you get new batteries.  You just sound spammy.

I may jump on Spider-man early if there is a CE, but will wait on the console. All of my friends are on xbox, so it makes little sense for me to change over.

Wouldn’t spammy be like multiple posts? Not really seeing where I was spammy.

Where did the piece of plastic hurt you?

Nowhere. Ask the dude who got butthurt by my original pic I posted lol

#5427 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1239 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2020 - 03:20 AM

Pac Man has been on every console ever made, practically.

We can add Dragon's Lair and Doom to that list.  Heck, Doom was ported to a freakin' car.

#5428 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3735 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2020 - 03:27 AM

We can add Dragon's Lair and Doom to that list.  Heck, Doom was ported to a freakin' car.

Can also add:

Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker

#5429 Jables-The-Hutt   Rebel Scum CAGiversary!   64 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Jables-The-Hutt

Posted 12 June 2020 - 03:36 AM

This looks like a Lost Legacy/First Light type expansion versus a full blown sequel.  I'm wondering if they'll add some sort of gimmick to take advantage of the fast SSD.

Correct. Spiderman 2 this ain't.

Which is sad, there really isn't anything that warrants a day one purchase, and even though I knew that would be the case, I was hoping sony would prove me wrong.

#5430 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3626 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 12 June 2020 - 05:07 AM

If they do this I'll buy one