* * * - - 26 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 9/9: PlayStation VR/Essential Picks/Games Under $15 Sales!

#1921 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70335 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 25 November 2019 - 12:46 AM

Should we assume there won't be any more deals added for Black Friday itself?

We'll at least be getting new deals the next three days.

#1922 superhippy1986   Collecting Panties CAGiversary!   1288 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

superhippy1986

Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:02 AM

We'll at least be getting new deals the next three days.

I'm going to hold you to that.. Lol

#1923 NeloDiavolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   429 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

NeloDiavolo

Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:26 AM

Lol. Astro Bot is cheaper physically than digitally even when Sony is selling it directly. Makes absolutely no sense. (9.99 physical and 13.99 digital)

Sony seems to be trying to dump physical copies to clear out warehouse inventory. If that's the case then it does make sense. Brick and mortar stores have to move old stock so having cheaper prices than digital is an incentive.

#1924 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:41 AM

Sony seems to be trying to dump physical copies to clear out warehouse inventory. If that's the case then it does make sense. Brick and mortar stores have to move old stock so having cheaper prices than digital is an incentive.

Sony has only been doing direct sales for a couple months. How much room could it be taking up?

#1925 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70335 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 25 November 2019 - 02:05 AM

I'm doing a shmup stream with a bunch of shmups I have on PS4 both old and more recent (link).

Edit: Archive:

#1926 gamerz54  

gamerz54

Posted 25 November 2019 - 02:15 AM

Anybody else having an issue purchasing Battlefield 5 on PS Store? 

The price I see on the PS store is $39.99 instead of $15.99. When using a browser I noticed that when I sign out of my PSN account I see $15.99 but the price changes back to $39.99 after I sign in. The issue is still present even after deleting application and saved data from the PS4. I am not sure if it is related to the trial that I downloaded few weeks ago. 

#1927 ritchardf  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 03:33 AM

The price I see on the PS store is $39.99 instead of $15.99. When using a browser I noticed that when I sign out of my PSN account I see $15.99 but the price changes back to $39.99 after I sign in. The issue is still present even after deleting application and saved data from the PS4. I am not sure if it is related to the trial that I downloaded few weeks ago. 

no issue like that for me, get all the way to payment method  with $15.99 before i closed it

#1928 VoltaicOwl  

VoltaicOwl

Posted 25 November 2019 - 03:35 AM

also I heard on Game Scoop the rumored free Plus game next month is God of War

- I just bought it today

- My PS+ runs out tomorrow

I'd be pissed at either of these scenarios individually, but the fact that they're both true means I'd be kind of okay with it.  If it's as good as everyone says, I'd prefer to own it legit anyway.

#1929 redonkalous  

redonkalous

Posted 25 November 2019 - 06:11 AM

I bought God of War last November but only recently started to really play it and it’s gorgeous. I’m at the part after completing the light bridges. Game looks so sick. Also played the beginnings of Uncharted 4 and Days Gone earlier and wow, these games just looks good. I did get some pop ups and the black loading screens are kinda annoying in Days Gone but other than that, PlayStation exclusives just looks so good. Haven’t had PS+ for a couple years but I don’t mind since most PlayStation best games are single player. Downside is I miss out on those PS+ games and discounts but the price eventually goes down to prices now. The games are still awesome no matter how late I got them.

#1930 Cornelius   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1028 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 07:08 AM

gamerz54 ... first you'll want to clear out any cookies with "playstation" or "sony" in the URL.

Second, I'm unsure if you're the "buying from multiple regions" type of CAG, but double-check to ensure the PSN account is your USA one, and not UK, Japan, etc.  The reason I'm putting this as a "likely" option is because the website will serve up content according to your IP address, but I'd guess that when you get to checkout, regional pricing / taxes / promotions are taken into account, and you're getting some other region's pricing at checkout.

Third, if either of those don't fix it, then check the other usual items, like using Chrome (since website authors don't check any other browsers anymore), logging in from your consumer ISP (not work), and maybe adding another, or changing, your default payment method.

Good luck!

#1931 Miketheking   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   499 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Miketheking

Posted 25 November 2019 - 09:57 AM

For the person talking about DW it was on sale the other week double discount, maybe it'll go on sale again with the other hits. Also the Spider-Man goty, that doesnt include the 4 dlc right? I'm also guessing dmc5 doesnt sale without the orb bundle doesn't it?

#1932 Zantra  

Zantra

Posted 25 November 2019 - 10:02 AM

I really wish that Japanese exclusive physical games on Amazon went on sale this time of year. I really wanted to pick up some of the Kamen Rider games for my various PlayStation consoles, but the prices for the PS4 ones are still insanely high.

#1933 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5134 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 12:49 PM

I really wish that Japanese exclusive physical games on Amazon went on sale this time of year. I really wanted to pick up some of the Kamen Rider games for my various PlayStation consoles, but the prices for the PS4 ones are still insanely high.

Your best bet for a seasonal sale on imports like those are eBay and English-language import sites like Play-Asia.

#1934 solinari6   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

solinari6

Posted 25 November 2019 - 03:02 PM

b58kSS9.png

This was just in an email I received from Playstation. Would be nice if this applied to stuff like Beat Saber or FNaF VR.

Do you need a code for  this sale to work? I didn't get that email, but just bought the VR bundle, so I would love to buy a few games!

*nevermind, figured out it's their online store here: https://direct.plays.../games/vr-games  and there's only a few games included :(

#1935 Kev Cyberpunk   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   471 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Kev Cyberpunk

Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:19 PM

I have no interest in Anthem until they launch the 2.0 version that they've been working on. Forsaken and Shadowkeep can drop further since I didn't even get around to playing Destiny 2 New Light yet. I'm waiting on Division 2's gold edition to reach the $20 or less price point since it comes with The Fall of DC exclusive assignments and not just early access to free updates. I still go back to Division 1 once in a while.

Picked up Nathan Drake Collection and Uncharted 4 digital copies. 

#1936 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3729 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:24 PM

In reply to God of War being a free PS + game next month, this is what I see on the store when I try to buy the regular edition:

Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 9.20.49 AM.png

#1937 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   710 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:29 PM

I'm also guessing dmc5 doesnt sale without the orb bundle doesn't it?

It has in the past, but not on this specific sale it looks like. The bonus is only 100k red orbs though which really is not very many. Most final tier skills cost between 30-50k orbs. 

#1938 superhippy1986   Collecting Panties CAGiversary!   1288 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

superhippy1986

Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:40 PM

I have no interest in Anthem until they launch the 2.0 version that they've been working on. Forsaken and Shadowkeep can drop further since I didn't even get around to playing Destiny 2 New Light yet. I'm waiting on Division 2's gold edition to reach the $20 or less price point since it comes with The Fall of DC exclusive assignments and not just early access to free updates. I still go back to Division 1 once in a while.

Picked up Nathan Drake Collection and Uncharted 4 digital copies.

Anthem hard powered off some peoples PS4 and caused some to overheat. Those two problems alone should make a smart person avoid the game even after they say it's "fixed".

#1939 fullmetal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:41 PM

Would be strange seeing as how it's currently a selling point for PS Now.

I noticed on the PS Now TV commercials that the fine print stated that God of War and Uncharted 4 were only on the service until January 2020. There may have been another game listed; I can't remember.

Edit:

https://imgur.com/a/YTbsx29

#1940 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4446 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:51 PM

I guess it would be too much to ask for a sale on PS Now since they just dropped the price to $59 a little while back.

#1941 VoltaicOwl  

VoltaicOwl

Posted 25 November 2019 - 06:06 PM

In reply to God of War being a free PS + game next month, this is what I see on the store when I try to buy the regular edition:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2019-11-25 at 9.20.49 AM.png

Free for December: God of War!

NOTE: This game's price will increase to $100.00 for all non-Plus members.

Subscribe today!

#1942 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1547 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 07:06 PM

I just bought God of War in the BF sale and I saw that when I checked out.  Even if it does go to PS+, I don't mind paying $10 for a game that is so acclaimed.

#1943 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1879 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 25 November 2019 - 08:57 PM

Only KH fans like KH. No one even knows about Judgement. Lol

and no one Demon Souls when it first came out.

Judgment is great. Play it

#1944 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3159 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 25 November 2019 - 09:18 PM

and no one Demon Souls when it first came out.

Judgment is great. Play it

I'm planning to. Heard a lot of great things.

#1945 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1600 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted 25 November 2019 - 09:19 PM

For the person talking about DW it was on sale the other week double discount, maybe it'll go on sale again with the other hits. Also the Spider-Man goty, that doesnt include the 4 dlc right? I'm also guessing dmc5 doesnt sale without the orb bundle doesn't it?

The Spider-Man GOTY does include the DLC

#1946 Miketheking   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   499 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Miketheking

Posted 25 November 2019 - 10:09 PM

It has in the past, but not on this specific sale it looks like. The bonus is only 100k red orbs though which really is not very many. Most final tier skills cost between 30-50k orbs.

I was debating on if I should get the physical from best buy for $15 or digital for $20 considering I wanted the digital version but didnt want to spend a extra $5 because of bundle with orbs.

#1947 Miketheking   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   499 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Miketheking

Posted 25 November 2019 - 10:14 PM

The Spider-Man GOTY does include the DLC

I meant the 4th dlc "the silver lining". How it sounds make it seems like its not included in the goty.

#1948 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 10:30 PM

I meant the 4th dlc "the silver lining". How it sounds make it seems like its not included in the goty.

There are only 3 DLCs: The Heist, Turf Wars, and Silver Linings. "The City That Never Sleeps" (the title of the season pass and overall story arc) encompasses all of them.

#1949 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2023 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 10:43 PM

I was debating on if I should get the physical from best buy for $15 or digital for $20 considering I wanted the digital version but didnt want to spend a extra $5 because of bundle with orbs.

Add another $3.09 and you can get the digital deluxe version that includes all of the DLC.

#1950 gamerz54  

gamerz54

Posted 25 November 2019 - 10:52 PM

gamerz54 ... first you'll want to clear out any cookies with "playstation" or "sony" in the URL.

Second, I'm unsure if you're the "buying from multiple regions" type of CAG, but double-check to ensure the PSN account is your USA one, and not UK, Japan, etc.  The reason I'm putting this as a "likely" option is because the website will serve up content according to your IP address, but I'd guess that when you get to checkout, regional pricing / taxes / promotions are taken into account, and you're getting some other region's pricing at checkout.

Third, if either of those don't fix it, then check the other usual items, like using Chrome (since website authors don't check any other browsers anymore), logging in from your consumer ISP (not work), and maybe adding another, or changing, your default payment method.

Good luck!

Hi Cornelius,

Thanks for the suggestion. I only use one U.S account. I changed the default payment method, ran the browser in private mode and tried few other tricks but none of that worked. I contacted Playstation support and they are aware of this issue. As suspected, it is happening only to the users who downloaded the BFV trial in the past. They are working on solution. Hopefully they fix it before the sale ends.